Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Shathirlala thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Read your answers and just curious on whether there is a direct correlation between Indian women in Malaysia and Boldness. 😆
I will come soon with my set of questions. 😉
Edited by ThangamPlus - 10 years ago
incorrigible thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ThangamPlus

Read your answers and just curious on whether there is a direct correlation between Indian women in Malaysia and Boldness. 😆
I will come soon with my set of questions. 😉

Shathir, we are truly Bharathiyar sonne puthumai penggal.. 🤣
Edited by incorrigible - 10 years ago
Karthikka thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: incorrigible

Shathir, we are truly Bharathiyar sonne puthumai penggal.. 🤣

I think that this is a very good question Shathir and let me answer this.

As we live in a multi-cultural society, we face diverse cultures, religions, understanding, expectations. I would say that Chinese women are the boldest and increasingly women from other races are also trying to come to the forefront. Independent, educated and cultured women are admired and prized. We don't want to be left behind. We are a minority so we need to be outstanding to be noticed and respected. Our parents emphasise strongly on education.

I lived with Indian friends and my approach was totally different than them.  To be honest,  a few of them have voiced how stifled they feel in their own society, being unable to do what a Malaysian Indian girl can get away with.

Mind you, we are not having it that great, but living in a multi-cultural society really helps.

Karthikka thumbnail
Originally posted by: incorrigible

Karthi.. Those are my set of kostins yaar.. How did they become yours.. 😆 Lucky for me I never ask someone for their view on something unless I've already formed my opinion on it.. 😉 *sings I Will Survive* 😆 

Ravi.. I'm liking you more and more yaar, you asked me simple kostins.. 🤗 But 1 kostin for you, I just noticed in your intro that you said guest of the MONTH.. 😲 I thought we did weekly shows yaar.. Oru maasam vechi votaporinggela yenna? 😲 *Shree faints, Hindi serial heroine ishtyle* 😛

Spain.. Why? Seriously.. Why.. 😆 

Ok, lets begin..

Of course they are the same questions. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the ...

Naan unaiya ketta kelvi nee Spain eh kekkuriya? :P
Karthikka thumbnail
I fell in love with Mohnish Bahl as Dr. Shahshank Gupta in Sanjivani when I was 17. It's a love affair that has lasted a decade. When I heard he's doing Kuch Toh Log Kahenge and that the show is based on an age-gap relationship, I was hooked. And then one fine day, MB just upped and left the show!! *sigh* I stopped watching but I'd invested a lot of time in the show and wanted to follow it to its conclusion. So while searching for daily updates, I stumbled across IF, and the rest as they say, is history. Lol, no, it wasn't. I was a silent reader of KTLK, and then Punar Vivah happened and I got dragged out of stalker mode by the sheer vivacity and vibrancy of the forum. But shortly after that, a member of the KTLK forum passed away suddenly and that hit me hard. I hardly knew her and had hardly interacted with her but I felt the loss as keenly as if she had been a dear friend. It completely broke my heart. So I went back to stalker mode. Then, while getting my dose of daily VR updates, I discovered Karthi and her reviews. And then, I discovered Karthi herself. Add that to the fact that VR was going great and the forum was going great and I just couldn't continue being a silent reader anymore. Hence, here I am, in the hot seat, because I just couldn't keep my opinions to myself. Lol, Karthi, I blame you for this! 

Mohnish Behl...seriously?? Didn't he do the Bollywood version of Tarzan or something? I don't know why but I couldn't get into the Hindi serials. They were all good-looking, so beautifully made up, the sets and the colours were artificial. Couldn't take it. I am a hardcore fan of Eastenders, gritty, dark with occasional humour and brilliant, brilliant acting.

Blame me for everything. :p

I enjoyed reading your answers but am particularly fascinated by your favourite books. I love fantasy too - David Eddings is my favourite. I always thought Radhika would make a great Polgara.

Aww, you enjoyed my reviews ah?? But I am so busy nowadays, I am going to do a general appraisal of the serial.

You are getting called and you didn't tell me? 🥺
incorrigible thumbnail
Originally posted by: Karthikka

Mohnish Behl...seriously?? Didn't he do the Bollywood version of Tarzan or something? If he did, I do not want to know!! 😲 I'm going to have selective amnesia and remember him only from Sanjivani, KTLK and Hum Saath Saath Hain!! 😆 I don't know why but I couldn't get into the Hindi serials. They were all good-looking, so beautifully made up, the sets and the colours were artificial. Couldn't take it. So true, which is what makes it so ridiculously entertaining!! 😃 And you forgot the hero who's always walking in slow mo, the heroine who's hair and dupatta are always flying and who trips / falls / faints at the drop of a hat right when the hero is around to catch her.. 🤣 I am a hardcore fan of Eastenders, gritty, dark with occasional humour and brilliant, brilliant acting. I'm going to hunt for this online! 😊

Blame me for everything. :p Well, I didn't want to openly state that the credit goes to you, what if you let that get to your head? 😆 As it is, I'm already all fan-girl mode when it comes to you.. 🤣

I enjoyed reading your answers but am particularly fascinated by your favourite books. I love fantasy too - David Eddings is my favourite. I always thought Radhika would make a great Polgara. He's on my bucket list as are perhaps almost every other author on the planet.. 😆 My dad always claims I have a serious addiction and occasionally threatens to send me for rehab if ever bibliophilia gets recognised as a mental disorder.. 🤣

Aww, you enjoyed my reviews ah?? But I am so busy nowadays, I am going to do a general appraisal of the serial. I really miss the reviews, yaar.. 😭

You are getting called and you didn't tell me? 🥺 Sorry yaar, I had planned to PM you on Tuesday if and when everything is confirmed for Wednesday morning.. There were some screw-ups with the paperwork so for the past couple of days the situation was "on again-off again" and I won't know for sure that it's on again until I get the No Objection from the relevant bodies and confirm the Call with the Court, both of which will hopefully happen tomorrow to spare me the stress of waiting till Tuesday for the confirmation.. *sigh* I'm also on the hunt for a Mover from Ipoh as my chosen Mover cancelled on me today.. *heart palpitations*

Edited by incorrigible - 10 years ago
incorrigible thumbnail

I think that this is a very good question Shathir and let me answer this.

As we live in a multi-cultural society, we face diverse cultures, religions, understanding, expectations. I would say that Chinese women are the boldest and increasingly women from other races are also trying to come to the forefront. Independent, educated and cultured women are admired and prized. We don't want to be left behind. We are a minority so we need to be outstanding to be noticed and respected. Our parents emphasise strongly on education.

I lived with Indian friends and my approach was totally different than them.  To be honest,  a few of them have voiced how stifled they feel in their own society, being unable to do what a Malaysian Indian girl can get away with.

Mind you, we are not having it that great, but living in a multi-cultural society really helps.

But Karthi, the downside to being the way we are is that people like you and me are not Indian enough to fit into our own community and are too Indian to fit in with other communities.. *sigh*
incorrigible thumbnail

Of course they are the same questions. What is sauce for the goose is sauce for the ...

Naan unaiya ketta kelvi nee Spain eh kekkuriya? :P

Guilty as charged.. 😆
spain thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Wow, Shree...I'm speechless... 👏

I enjoyed reading all your lovely answers...written so passionately and honestly, mixed with a tinge of naughtiness!😳

So you like Aamir Khan and Ajith, huh?
So do I!!
But for years I've been wanting to see Salman Khan and Karishma Kapoor get married in real life...
don't think that's ever going to happen though...

And let's not talk about medical school...
I did my med school in India and they were definitely the worst and most stressful days of my life.
I don't regret the studying part...but I met a lot of creepy people there...
it just makes me wonder how two-faced the world can be at times.
After I graduated from medicine, I had "Post-Traumatic Stress Disorder" for sometime...😆

Trust me, you're not the only one who would have faced such horrible situations...
but I'm glad you faced it bravely.
Damn proud of you and the choices you've made so far.👍🏼
I'm sure you'll find your own way...making your parents very proud too.

And Shree, you're great just the way you are - incorrigible!!
Here's wishing you the very best in life!

ap.meena thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Hi Shree,

This is Meena.. I joined IF long time back and became passive for some time.. now active again.. Thought of asking u very few simple qns in this Kofee episode...

What do u think of Prasanna's character in the movie 'kalyana samayal saadham'.
If you havent watched it yet, do so once.. and let me know.. plz spare me if the movie doesn't entertain you...

What do you think of our traditional way of bringing up the kids to their teenage.. I know only how kids are brought up in India and US. By traditional way, i meant, most indian families have some set of rules and practices..

Where would like to spend the last 20 years of your life time... and the options being, the city in a less corrupted country or a small village, not much reached by the very latest technologies, in a corrupted country..

Marriage - Share a joke that comes to your mind immediately after seeing this word..

Tell us some other curernt tamil serials u watch, so that , if I have time, will post some more...