Koffee with IF - Episode 4 with Shree (incorrigible)! - Page 6

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by Caryn

It should have been familiar not similar.  My pleasure ... 😃

I can ask kostins but if I do someone will charge me with palagarism ... cause I will be copying and paste from previous MOTW. 😳

Caryn, neenggalumma? 😲 *Shree faints* No worries pa, bring it on, I'm dedicated to entertaining you guys for the whole of this month!! 😆

Originally posted by ap.meena

Hi Shree,

This is Meena.. I joined IF long time back and became passive for some time.. now active again.. Thought of asking u very few simple qns in this Kofee episode...

What do u think of Prasanna's character in the movie 'kalyana samayal saadham'. 
If you havent watched it yet, do so once.. and let me know.. plz spare me if the movie doesn't entertain you...

Raghu is someone I can actually picture myself being married to. Without giving too much of the story away, his general attitude towards Meera, her family and the arranged marriage itself was exemplary and his specific actions when the venue-change issue came up was such a breath of fresh air compared to usual Tamil cinema mappillais. Even his reaction to the main issue of the movie is completely understandable and to be expected of any guy in his circumstances. If I was Meera, this is a guy I would have grabbed on to and never let go of (while all the while praying very hard that his problem gets resolved).

What do you think of our traditional way of bringing up the kids to their teenage.. I know only how kids are brought up in India and US. By traditional way, i meant, most indian families have some set of rules and practices.. 

I cannot speak for the general Indian population but I can definitely testify to the fact that the traditional way of bringing up kids in my family is simply rubbish! My grandfather almost never acknowledged me and when he did address me directly, it was to ask me "what's your brother doing" or "where's your brother" or "has your brother eaten". He never got over his disappointment that his eldest son's first child is a daughter and not a son. After his passing, while my grandma and aunt who lived with us did address me, the double standards that were practiced between my brother and I were enraging to the point that we grew up resenting each other (though I am very happy to report that we made our peace with each other once we reached adulthood and now share a cordial relationship). Several rules that I was made to abide by as a child: (1) No cutting hair because I'm a girl (2) Brother chooses what to watch on tv and what is cooked at home for meals (3) Brother is always right because he is a boy (4) Brother has all the rights because he is a boy (5) If finances becomes an issue, priority to be given to brother's education because he is a boy. Thank God my parents completely defied these rules that were set by my Grandpa, Grandma and Aunt and treated my brother and I with complete and earnest equality. And thank God for my Mom who went 1 step above and beyond that to raise me to be a bold, confident and independent young woman. I would give the bulk of the credit for the way I am today to my Mom. Although she was in an oppressed environment, she fought so hard and so bravely to make sure that I will not have to face the hardships that she faced with my father's family and at the same time instilling in me the strength of character needed to deal with such hurdles if I am ever to face them in my own life. Thank you Mama, I love you..

Where would like to spend the last 20 years of your life time... and the options being, the city in a less corrupted country or a small village, not much reached by the very latest technologies, in a corrupted country..

City in a less corrupted country, because I can't live without internet and basic amenities like extremely clean toilets and hygienic food outlets (I'm obsessive compulsive, sigh..) and because I'm also a straight arrow who cannot tolerate corruption or any other illegal practices. But periodic holiday retreats are a must to relax and rejuvenate!

Marriage - Share a joke that comes to your mind immediately after seeing this word..

Marriage is like shoes, if they're ill fitting, you could trip and fall or they could hurt your feet, so if the shoes don't fit, take them off and put on a new pair, what are you waiting for..

Tell us some other curernt tamil serials u watch, so that , if I have time, will post some more...

I read the daily updates to Thendral, does that count?

Edited by incorrigible - 10 years ago

Originally posted by kameswari

1. Who is the most influetial person in your life?..Somebody whom you think daily in your life, but not your parents, your sibblings, boyfriend, (I know that every individual will be influenced by their family member)

Most influential person, my Mom. But since you ruled out family members and stated it's somebody I think of daily in my life, in the past several months, it would be Karthikka.

2. Do you think, crying is a monster or weapon?..Is it a strength or weakness(No diplomatic answers..depends on the situation..etc..etc)

If it's used as a weapon, then it's your strength, if it becomes a monster that plagues you, then it's your weakness. For me, crying is a release of my pent up emotions, but unfortunately, I'm not beyond turning on the faucet to manipulate a particular situation to favour me (but only if the situation is rightfully in my favour). I find sometimes that I would debate a particular issue rationally and logically for over an hour only to be faced with a stubborn "NO" in reply but within moments of putting on a pout and having teary eyes, the "NO" would automatically turn into a "YES". I'm not proud of the fact that I'm capable of this but I'm not beyond utilizing it to my benefit either if I'm confident I'm right.

3. Who according to you is a God?..Is there any sin of any human being by not believing God

For me, God is faith. Simple as that. No, there is no sin in not believing in God, because if God is faith, and you have faith in love, then love is God, if you have faith in honesty, then honesty is God and if you have faith in motherhood, then motherhood is God. Anything good and pure is an extension of God. So how can there be disbelief in God and therefore, how can there be sin for not believing in Him?

4. What according to you is life..What is the difference between living and existing?

Life is Love; and as long as Love exists, you remain alive. Living is loving, existing is forgetting to love. I forgot how to love myself and my life at one point of time, and I remember walking around in a haze and going through the motions of daily life like an automaton, that was existing. I love myself and my life today, I see happiness everywhere around me and in everything I do and the smallest, silliest things fill me with joy and bring a smile to my face, that is living!

5. Is there something you wish you could do over again?

I wish I could experience the innocence and simplicity of falling in love for the very 1st time all over again.

6. Memorable moment of your life?..

I had a Sara-Poo moment recently. I've had feelings for someone for about 7 years now but I've never said a word about it to the person concerned as we both know it's an impossible dream due to our diabolically different family backgrounds. He confessed recently that he has always felt the same way about me but since we both know it's an impossible dream, he's never pursued me and has always been content to have me in his life as a good friend. While we will not have a classic happy ending like in the movies, I still felt on top of the world to finally hear the confession of love and to know that I'm loved by a person who prioritises what's best for me and has always stood by me as a pillar of strength in my often very dramatic life. Thank you for being my BFF mangkuk, love you hamesha..

7. How do you want yourself to be remembered by others..by the end of your life?

As a good mother, a good person, a good daughter, a good sister and a good lawyer. In that specific order.

8. Who was your first boy freind?

A former housemate from when I was still studying to be a lawyer. We were on again-off again-on again for almost 3 years. But in the end, it didn't work out.

9. The most difficult time in your life..or the most toughest decision in your life?

Most difficult time, the 2 years in medical school. Toughest decision, quitting medical school and therefore breaking my parents' hearts.

10. What according to you is philosophical and what according to you is spirutual?

Philosophical: My thoughts on life and how I should live it to the fullest. Spiritual: My faith in God that guides me to choose the right path to live my life to the fullest.

11. Are you married?..If not will you accept, somebody with a beard like Rajesh?

No, I'm happily single. Yes, I would accept someone with a beard but never someone like Rajesh. I cannot and will not be with a man who does not prioritise education and I cannot and will not accept a man who even contemplates suicide.

12. What according to you is myth?

A happy marriage??

13. What is your goal and your passion?..Do you think that passion drives you to achieve your desired goal or your desire for a goal drives your passion?

Goal: Lifelong education. Passion: Books. My passion for reading drives me in my goal to acquire knowledge and my goal to acquire knowledge fuels my passion for reading.

14. What do you think is the best way to express your feelings, other than speaking?

Through my eyes, I have big, beautiful, expressive eyes (*Shree has a narcissistic moment*) and they are the windows to my soul (which unfortunately makes me rather easy to read but thankfully not easy to understand).

15. Whom do you consider as victims?..One who is ignorant or the one who is innocent?

One who is innocent, because ignorance can be cured but innocence becomes lost.

16. What will be your profession?...10 years ahead from now?

Now, lawyer, 10 years from now, a mother (I hope).

17. What do you consider as the most difficult task?..To start, to continue or to end..

To start, because I'm like a tubelight, lol. Once I've started, I will somehow fight to see it to the end.

18. If you had to communicate a message to the society at large, what would it be?

Live and let live; make love not war; eat pray love!!

19. Anything which you possess..but you had felt that "I dont deserve this", either ways..may be I deserve better than this or worse than this..?

I don't deserve my best friend because he has done so much more for me than I have ever done or could ever do for him. I don't deserve my family, they have loved me and protected me so well although in return I have only let them down at every turn by choosing my path over the path that they had carefully sculpted for me. I don't deserve the guy I once loved, because I deserved to be treated with more love, more understanding and more respect than he was ever capable of giving. So 2 plusses and 1 minus.

20. Which one do you prefer..Hard work or Smart work?

Smart work, because I'm a self-confessed lazy Libran.

Beautiful Shree..👏.Kamesh gives a hug to her most naughtiest friend of IF..🤗..May you be with the same naughtiness and happiness throughout your life

Beautiful Shree..👏.Kamesh gives a hug to her most naughtiest friend of IF..🤗..May you be with the same naughtiness and happiness throughout your life

Aawwhh Kamesh . . . 😭 *touched* Thank you yaar . . . 🤗 

P/S: Does this mean no more kostins?? 😆
Originally posted by incorrigible

Aawwhh Kamesh . . . 😭 *touched* Thank you yaar . . . 🤗 

P/S: Does this mean no more kostins?? 😆

Shall try...
Great shree.. I loved ur answers..  we are in synch.. 😉

Oh thendral.. ok then.. here are few more qns...

1. Give some advice for Thendral Roja..
2. What gift would you give to thulasi..
3. If u were given a chance to interview one from tamil serial industry whom wud u prefer?
4. Whom in thendral u wud like to have a candle light dinner with? 😉
5. A lesson that you learnt from tamil serials..
6. Whose shoes wud you like put on take for a day and why?
7. Do you regret any moment in life for not taking up/doing something that had to be done..

Shall try...

*Shree keeps her fingers and toes crossed and hopes for the best* 😆

Originally posted by ap.meena

Great shree.. I loved ur answers..  we are in synch.. 😉

Oh thendral.. ok then.. here are few more qns...

1. Give some advice for Thendral Roja..

Dear Roja, Could you please leave Kanagu in peace and disappear for good so that Kanagu and Deepa can live happily ever after?! #teamKanaguandDeepa 😉

2. What gift would you give to thulasi..

Courage for her and a brain transplant for Tamizh! 

3. If u were given a chance to interview one from tamil serial industry whom wud u prefer? 

Only one?? Currently I'd like anyone of these 3 people: Radhika Maam, Prithvi (Vani Rani's Swami) and Vicky Krish (Vani Rani's Gautham). 

4. Whom in thendral u wud like to have a candle light dinner with? 😉

Oh God, why this kolaveri?? 😆 None!! But if I absolutely must choose, then Kanagu.

5. A lesson that you learnt from tamil serials..

We have to break away from them if we wish to leave the regressive mentality of our community behind and move forward towards equality between the sexes and in our multi-tiered society.

6. Whose shoes wud you like put on take for a day and why?

Vani of Vani Rani, because she is someone I aspire to be like; or Rani of Vani Rani, because just once, I would like to experience what such innocence and goodness in a person feels like.

7. Do you regret any moment in life for not taking up/doing something that had to be done..

There was once I passed by an elderly man who had fallen down and injured his head badly, he was lying in a pool of blood, and there was a crowd around him and I heard several people calling the emergency services to send an ambulance. I was in a hurry for an examination so I walked away reassuring myself that the crowd surrounding the old man would stay with him until the ambulance arrived to take him to the hospital. But throughout the exam, my mind was completely disturbed and as soon as the exam was over, I rushed back to the scene and asked around in the stalls and shops nearby if anyone knew what had happened to the old man, but unfortunately no one did. I wish I had stayed with the old man until the ambulance arrived and because of my failure to do so and because I never knew if the old man made it, the incident stills haunts me till this day.

Wow Shree, great to see ur replies...

The last one, hope, the old man has made it.. Your answers make me put more questions..  Hope to make it as enjoyable as possible.. lets make everyone LOL...