What Are You Watching #3

Posted: 10 years ago
So as per forum request, welcome to the official ...

What Are You Watching #3
πŸ‘πŸ˜ƒ

I know you're all excited, and are probably doing Park Si Hoo's Barbara Streisand dance...

But guys, lets remember, we got to have some serious deep kdrama discussions here 

Oh what am I saying...AIGOO...let the kimchi fly and the soju flow like the river~ GO WILD! πŸ˜†

oh but before you do, please tell us what you're watching😳

PS. for reference...
Edited by sweetsorrow18 - 10 years ago
just came to say hi.
also, where is the first gif from? that drama is calling my name
Originally posted by DonnaHarvey

just came to say hi.
also, where is the first gif from? that drama is calling my name

Hi. lol 

And its from Cheomdamdong Alice

So just started watching Flowers For My Life - its an old one and underrated but was on my list, and omg so hilarious...especially the female lead; she plays a woman who loves money and dead people, so she decides to work for a funeral home, doing make up on dead bodies...πŸ˜†
Also caught up with Prime Minister & I and You From Another Star
Originally posted by sweetsorrow18

Hi. lol 

And its from Cheomdamdong Alice

So just started watching Flowers For My Life - its an old one and underrated but was on my list, and omg so hilarious...especially the female lead; she plays a woman who loves money and dead people, so she decides to work for a funeral home, doing make up on dead bodies...πŸ˜†
Also caught up with Prime Minister & I and You From Another Star
for some reason this reminds of my girl (the american movie) with the woman who comes into lindsey's home and now I got my girl feels. the little boy had the randomest death ever. I was shipping them so hard. le sigh

ooh, ooh, ooh did you catch the heirs references in you from another star? so cute of them
Edited by DonnaHarvey - 10 years ago

happy third thread everyoneπŸ₯³

I am watching "Cheongdamdong Alice" and "Faith"
Edited by undisclosed - 10 years ago
Congo for the new Thread πŸ₯³

I am watching Just you Taiwan Drama
I love it Aaron Yan
Originally posted by DonnaHarvey

for some reason this reminds of my girl (the american movie) with the woman who comes into lindsey's home and now I got my girl feels. the little boy had the randomest death ever. I was shipping them so hard. le sigh

ooh, ooh, ooh did you catch the heirs references in you from another star? so cute of them

I love My Girl! (american) haha and yes, same kinda feels... i don't know if I'll keep up with it, it's entertaining so far...

haha and the Heir's reference was so cute...I'm loving You From Another Star so far - its a breezy watch...not a crack drama yet for me but I'm still tuning in every week!
I am watching Summer Nude. Don't be put off by the title of the drama, it's actually a sweet romantic story. Don't think they'll show anything scandalous in the show by the looks of it. πŸ˜†

I'm only on Epi 2 but am loving it so far.

The lead actors of this show are  Yamashita Tomohisa (love this guy) and Toda Erika who starred together in Nobuta Wo Produce. Should be a treat for folks who loved them in NWP. πŸ˜ƒ
Edited by AidanQ - 10 years ago
Originally posted by AidanQ

I am watching Summer Nude. Don't be put off by the title of the drama, it's actually a sweet romantic story. Don't think they'll show anything scandalous in the show by the looks of it. πŸ˜†

I'm only on Epi 2 but am loving it so far.

The lead actors of this show are  Yamashita Tomohisa (love this guy) and Toda Erika who starred together in Nobuta Wo Produce. Should be a treat for folks who loved them in NWP. πŸ˜ƒ

Omgah Yamapi has a new drama? When'd this come out!? I totally forgot Toda Erika was in NWP, I guess I remember Horikita Maki more lol 

P.S Check out Code Blue, It's another Yamapi and Erika drama, except they don't have much of a love line

I'm going to check out this drama now lol
Edited by sweetsorrow18 - 10 years ago
My 2014 K drama resolution is to stop watching every drama I can get my hands on. I cannot count the number of times I have started a drama "just because" only to drop it soon after. I will try to be pickier this year. I was going to pledge giving melodramas a chance (which I did during the holidays) but those days are over. I so out of that phase. I realize light hearted stuff is just an easier watch. 
So, from all the dramas running right now, I only picked my love from another star. I copped out on in a good way from Taiwan. Even though it a decent show and an easy watch, it is only on once a week and that is just not enough for me. Will definitely marathon it later. 

Dropped Miss Korea because it is exhausting. It is not bad, the opposite in fact. The show is brilliant but it requires too much focus and energy which I cannot afford to spend on a drama. Can't marathon this one but will save it for times when I am less spent. I will be lucky to finish an episode a day (a week is more realistic).

Also religiously watching Let's Eat. You all this show FOOD po*n. Eat before you watch this and bring a snack if you can. This show will make you drool. This is an exception to my usual rule of looking for strong love lines. There are mild love interests that resurface in the plot time and again but that is not what grips me. I, and I assume most other viewers, watch for the delicious food. The sexy shots of steamy jiggae, ramyun, bhap, ghoghi make you want to jump into the screen and devour the character's meals. Also, adore the heroine. She defies "ladylike sophistication" (whatever that is) and I get a kick out of seeing the shocked faces of the men who are interested in her. How a man reacts to your eating habits can be very telling. If his jaw can't leave the floor, he has double standard issues. If he is so happy you can hear him smiling, he might be lovely (or have a feeding fetish, one or the other). If he joins in equal parts, you've found your match. That is both my opinion and our heroine's. Have I sold you on this show yet? 
YES. I totally recommend this series. 

Next, I am waiting for Emergency Couple. 

Oh, back to resolutions, second resolution is to watch the classic dramas that I may have overlooked. Mission started with My Girl and I plan to continue with We Got Married and will gather recommendations from you all as we go.

What is your resolution?