Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Barbie3143 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Wang Family (King's Family) - is kind of too much people for me.. but i luv  the older sis though. ..its good MINUS some epic boring part. ..
sweetsorrow18 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: DonnaHarvey

^ are you in a rut too? or just busy?

keke yup, I am not ashamed😳 okay, maybe I am. weekend dramas have TOO MUCH drama, that part I have realized so I suppose I will be avoiding all weekend mess unless my personal guinea pig aka you have tested it beforehand.

we need to talk about the KBS drama special. In the name of all that good and pure, DAEBAK!! WOW! I love them deeply, sincerely, honestly. I freaking adore them. 

I talked about Waiting for Love with Daniel Choi in an earlier thread and I continued exploring this time with Nara's Rain. No scenes skipped. I just let it run with popcorn in my hand. It was beautiful. That's the only word I can think of to describe this special. Such an easy watch yet it leaves you thinking if you really know right from wrong. 

Busy dudee😭 it's killing my drama watching time but Jan is super busy for me..gah...

Okay so what are these KBS drama specials...PM me some links please? They sound pretty awesome and I really haven't watched any - intrigued indeed!!

P.S I really do like drama weekends - they're a different style themselves but some are superrr draggy hahaha I will say, if you liked Dandelion Family, some other weekend one's I've loved is: Golden Bride (watched this twice!), Okjaygo Brothers (UEE & Joo Won!), New Tales of Giseang (is better than it sounds), Creating Destiny, Smile You
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: sweetsorrow18

Busy dudee😭 it's killing my drama watching time but Jan is super busy for me..gah...

Okay so what are these KBS drama specials...PM me some links please? They sound pretty awesome and I really haven't watched any - intrigued indeed!!

P.S I really do like drama weekends - they're a different style themselves but some are superrr draggy hahaha I will say, if you liked Dandelion Family, some other weekend one's I've loved is: Golden Bride (watched this twice!), Okjaygo Brothers (UEE & Joo Won!), New Tales of Giseang (is better than it sounds), Creating Destiny, Smile You

KBS drama specials are short dramas that vary from 1 episode to 4 episodes in range. The subtitles are provided legally by the channel itself. Because of their short length, the story is often carefully constructed and action packed. That is what I like about them, that and their unique endings.
Here are some of the ones I have watched:
p.s. I have yet to dislike any of them .

Also, this isn't a drama special but it is also a short drama. Created originally as a webseries, it was also picked up by tVn and aired on the channel.
Edited by DonnaHarvey - 10 years ago
DonnaHarvey thumbnail

stay strong unnie. fighting!
since you watched golden bride twice, I will give this one a try. but if it turns out a dud, I am blaming you and possibly coming at you with rakes and knives. terrified yet?😈

p.s. thank you. the synopsis of golden bride sounds promising. let us see if it delivers.
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
started watching the golden empire.
not an easy watch by any means. but the drama is gripping enough so I have to finish it.
flawless writing. good direction. you will be amazed by the transformation many familiar character actions go through to prepare for their respective roles in this show. it is almost funny how different they are in here.
-Pritt- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4

Watch 'Waiting for Love'! Loved that! :) Jassu (DonnaHarvey) suggested that and it was a good suggestion indeed! Only two episodes long. Also, I actually like BoA and she happens to be in that KBS drama, so I liked it even more for that reason lol. 

Oh and HI! I'm Pritt. Jassu directed me here. 
I'm new to the K-drama world, but I'm trying! Well, I've been trying for months now...
Half way through Secret Garden...in the process of trying to complete it lol. Too busy with classes having begun again though.
DonnaHarvey thumbnail
Originally posted by: Hiddlestoned

Watch 'Waiting for Love'! Loved that! :) Jassu (DonnaHarvey) suggested that and it was a good suggestion indeed! Only two episodes long. Also, I actually like BoA and she happens to be in that KBS drama, so I liked it even more for that reason lol. 

Oh and HI! I'm Pritt. Jassu directed me here. 
I'm new to the K-drama world, but I'm trying! Well, I've been trying for months now...
Half way through Secret Garden...in the process of trying to complete it lol. Too busy with classes having begun again though.

*hugs* welcome to the k drama world woman. I can't promise that you will like it all. But I promise that you will be loved *breaks out into song and dance*😆
firangi92 thumbnail
Originally posted by: DonnaHarvey

started watching the golden empire.

not an easy watch by any means. but the drama is gripping enough so I have to finish it.
flawless writing. good direction. you will be amazed by the transformation many familiar character actions go through to prepare for their respective roles in this show. it is almost funny how different they are in here.

Oh, Empire of Gold.

That drama was the entirety of my summer, since I started watching as soon as it started airing. It didn't hit all the right notes with me, but it was special to me anyway. Jeez, the opening theme still triggers such a strong reaction within me...

One thing I do have to acknowledge is that the writing of that show was amazing. It was probably the most intelligently written drama I've watched in 2013. It was just brilliant. I don't know about you, but I absolutely loved Choi Seo Yoon. I just...loved her. She was just so badass. The fact that she was able to stand by herself (okay, with help from Director Park) against the Choi Min Jae and Jang Tae Joo easily made her win my heart. At the end, I didn't care about anything, as long as she ended up happy. 

On the other hand, I didn't hate Choi Min Jae, either. His reason for wanting the Golden Empire and his reasoning for why he should inherit the Empire were oddly justified for me. And then the thing with his wife, and I found it a little more than hard to dislike him. He was intelligent, too, which is what I admired about Min Jae oppa. But I guess it was also partly the beauty of the writer's writing. I don't think I hated any character in that show, not even the bad ones. Actually, no, hated one of the female characters with a passion. Her catchphrase just makes me cringe. Like, stop. Just. No. 

The drama is a little hard to follow if you're not very interested in the business aspect of things, but once you do understand, you'll have a new found appreciation for chaebol politics, back end deals, and scheming. The show was practically twist upon twist upon twist. Never a slow moment if you could appreciate their back and forth scheming. I also appreciated the author's two decade storyline thing, but eventually it's something that faded into the background and I didn't like it very much. 

I don't know how far you are, so I don't want to spoil anything for you, but I will warn you to not have high expectations on the romantic element of this show. I encouraged a friend of mine to pick this show up, and she did, except she'd read some things about what will happen and then it didn't. Cue disappointment. But then again, 2013 was the year of disappointment for me...

For the rest, anyone finished/still watching any of the following:

Ongoing:

You From Another Star (LOVE IT. The feels. I can't make them stop. But I love Jae Kyung oppa! A murder an episode. Basically, if asks about your health and asks you to take care of it, you drop everything, run, and you NEVER look. NEVER.)

Madly in Love/Passionate Love (I don't know. After practically 30 episodes, we're getting there. Oddly enough, despite not being all that great, I tune in every weekend to watch...)

Let's Eat (Aaah, how I love thee. Has Doo Joon in it, for any Beast fans. It's great! A show about food and a murder mystery of sorts. Make you feel good on the inside about people and has a really cute "found" family. Warning: Never watch unless you have something delicious to chew on while you watch. Trust me, it'll help.)

Finished: 

Master's Sun (I'm still not quite over Tae Yang and Joo Goon. So Ji Sub and Gong Hyo Jin should just get together. I mean seriously. Amazing chemistry in the drama and in the interviewers. Kudos to them for making the interviewer blush at their interactions. Hong sisters made a really good comeback with this. I even have the sun/taeyang necklace Joo Joong Won gives to Tae Gong Shil. It's almost become my good luck charm of sorts. Don't know how much of that is my delusions, though. But yup, pretty obsessed.)

Heirs (Rich kids really do have all the luck. It wasn't off to a bad start, but then everything just went downhill from episode 6-7. Only reason I kept watching till the end was because of Young Do and Rachel, but they didn't even get together. THEY WERE PERFECT AND HAD AMAZING CHEMISTRY. But Kim Eun Sook didn't think so. The SBS Drama Awards Gods had a different view all together, though. So many moments of them together, and just when I was finally getting over them, too!  -cries in a corner- What did you achieve from that drama awards stunt, Kim Woo Bin and Kim Ji Won?! WHAT DID YOU GUYS ACHIEVE FROM THAT?!)

Medical Top Team (A bunch of geniuses who took themselves a little too seriously. Would've been nice to focus a little less on the plot/storyline and maybe just a bit more on the characters? Love triangles were not what I expected, though! Really, they weren't.)

Secret (Lesson of the Year: Your desire to revenge your former love will only lead you to fall in love with the person you're trying to get revenge on. So, don't. It was a gripping show, but nevertheless, there were a lot of times where I questioned why I was watching it. Male lead does try to choke the female lead. Has her stalked. Even hits her. Her ex-boyfriend takes the cake, though.)

Answer Me 1994 (Didn't watch, but followed written recaps. Oh, the feels. Watch if you want to watch something good. Answer Me 1997 cameos were great. Oh gosh, you don't know how much you love some characters until they leave and come back...)

Edited by xxdevilishxx - 10 years ago
TheLastCarnival thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
@sweetsorrow18: I watched the first episode of  Hanzawa Naoki. Couldn't get into the mood to enjoy it though. :(
Everyone is badgering me to watch it. I have nothing else to watch. And yet I can't watch this. LOL
I sound hysterical.

Why can't PM and I or You from another star finish fast? I'll at least have a life then. :|

Bes_B thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
Watching you who came from the starts  I love this Drama so far