Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya

Article: Time for me to take a backseat - Reena Kapoor

jenny156 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
I had my days and now it's time for me to take a backseat and let the newcomers lead - Reena Kapoor 

The very beautiful and serene Reena Kapoor will soon be back on the TV screen after a long hiatus with Zee TV's Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya (Director's Kut Productions). The lady who won million hearts with her stint in Woh Rehne Waali Mehelon Ki will be playing mother to a grown-up girl Avni (Kaanchi Singh).

We at Tellychakkar.com got into a hearty conversation with the actress on her comeback vehicle, role and much more.

"I feel fortunate to have landed up with such a wonderful character. The role Bhavana is etched very thoughtfully and beautifully. Most middle-aged women of our country, especially the ones who have grown-up children will identify with this character and her feelings and sentiments," quipped the actress.

"She is the woman who will keep the family united and will maintain the bond between all the members. She will share a friend like equation with her daughter, is a loving bahu to Dadaji and is shy and coy in front of her husband. That's what I love the most about this character. Her emotions are not fixed and she is the backbone of the family," shared the actor.

So what made her accept this show? "Firstly, it's great feeling to come back to TV again. And as I am a reserved person by nature, for me the first thing apart from the character is always the production house and after working with Rajshri Productions, I wanted to work with someone as equally affable as them. And Rajan Sir was the best I could ask for my comeback," she expressed.

She went on to say that it was the character that she was attracted towards in Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya. "It's a very positive and strong character, and as time will go you will see that the family will be on one side and she on the other, standing firm on what she believes," quipped Reena.

The actress, who has played the lead continuously for six years, isn't apprehensive of getting typecast with a mother's role. With a radiant smile on her face, she answered, "I was a bit worried initially, but then I have had my time playing the lead for three generations. You cannot expect to do the same roles again and again. I had my time and now it was time for me to take a backseat and let the newcomers lead."

Reena who has had a whale of a time travelling with her husband, reading books and learning music is really happy to be back as she concluded, "I hope my fans are equally happy having me back."

We are sure they are, Reena!!!

Source:http://www.tellychakkar.com/tv/tv-news/i-had-my-days-and-now-it-s-time-me-take-backseat-and-let-the-newcomers-lead-reena-kapoor

Edited by jenny156 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
thats not good yar. we want reena kapoor as lead. she still looks so young
jenny156 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: 55shobha

thats not good yar. we want reena kapoor as lead. she still looks so young

Yes, I feel the same..
MeeraHK thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Tfs dear...
Kids in the shw..may be jst few yrs younger to her..agree

she is still young to play lead...role...
Meriam25 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
yeah me too want her as lead...she s too younng to play a mother of such grown ups...atleast she looks much younger...a big bis maybe understandable...but mom ðŸ˜•
but when the dad looks so young and handsome ...in fact he looks better than the son ðŸ˜‰