Arvind Kejriwal and AAP - Page 4

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by return_to_hades

I didn't expect AAP to deliver any results right away. My expectations were that they continuously apply pressure on Congress/BJP and focus on clean/efficient governance. 

Actually I differ here, they should focus on the two parties a little later, for now work towards providing basic facilities and improving the ground realities of Delhi If they heckle on the Cong/BJP now , they will sound all too negative. Having said that, as I gather , they have moved to the LG for revamping the anti-corruption unit and will bring the charges. Vigilance remains a Lt Governor entity.

I doubt in 21 days you can take concrete steps against the ex-govt or the present Municipal bodies. it's like asking them to jump the procedure and protocol and act urgently. How to we expect clean governance after 21 days is what surprises me. Hype or not this is unfair on our part, give them atleast 6 months and another Assembly session, read what bills they have passed , before we create a judgement. I wonder if other newly elected govts are also scrutinized the same way? 

The frequent loudmouth claims, vigilante raids etc are very unbecoming and tarnishing the image of the party. They have a lot of cleanup to do now and reestablish the image that got them elected. People wanted AAP, not a self proclaimed KhAAP.

See in this context I researched and read a bit, I stand firm on the wrong steps taken by the Law Minister and he should apologize unconditionally but then when you hear the region's RWA and their months long complaint about the sex/drug racket and no action taken by the police , you do wonder what is the Delhi CM suppose to do. He is the face of Police, even if he doesn't have control over it. Not justifying but really what alternative is left with the govt? Should they not have Police under them like in other states .

I like the use of KhAAP , you should see read AAP's take on them especially on Haryana's forthcoming elections.

If Kejriwal is wise, he will advice all his party members to keep mum and no comment inquiries. Apologize for the teething problems and learn from mistakes. Now that they are in power and have governance expectations - the party should get together - define a platform it stands for, define some goals and expectations of leaders/members, prioritize issues and how to address them - and go about things systematically. Haphazardly making claims, trying to address too many issues, random acts like the raids are not the way. It is better to solve one small problem completely - rather than dabble in million problems and make a mess. I'll give them a second chance if they can resolve this mess they are making ASAP.

Word ,  but today he did concede that there is and there will be different voices in the party and he is working towards building a national strategy which would be adhered by the office bearers atleast. Rest of the members will still free to exercise their right to freedom.

As for the issues with Police - I think the problem is the hypocrisy: Back in the day AAP should have known better than accuse the previous govt of failing to manage police. Now those over the top claims are coming to bite them.  

Nope they were then and now demanding the same thing - Police under state govt which has been requested since 2004. If we listen to Arvind , there is no difference of narrative, he says if people complain to my office over Law ministry about a nuisance and no police action is taken after months, what "legal" power do I have to solve them, should I not demand and mount pressure for these powers. I doubt any party in Delhi will disagree with this. We should never read too much about election narratives , they are fought on totally different perspective. If we continue to live in ti , we will overlook the bigger picture.

I give them the grace period of 6 months when I have given years and decades to to the other National parties. One thing is for sure , they have stirred and shaken the Indian Politics, shift in how every political party is trying to connect with the people and the voter feels more closer to Indian politics. I like that. They may fail or they may stay but surely the focus would be on their slogan on "anti-corruption" and clean politics.
Originally posted by charminggenie

I give them the grace period of 6 months when I have given years and decades to to the other National parties. One thing is for sure , they have stirred and shaken the Indian Politics, shift in how every political party is trying to connect with the people and the voter feels more closer to Indian politics. I like that. They may fail or they may stay but surely the focus would be on their slogan on "anti-corruption" and clean politics.

Red: Wasn't aware of this. That puts a lot into perspective. IMO they should have dragged this law negligence issue in media limelight. Arnab would've taken good care of 'em. 😆
But all said and done, the party is "different". Call me a gullible idiot, but they (or atleast Kejriwal) is not here to be a "Party in power". They might be boisterous and almost (sometimes) childish in their zeal, but they really MEAN what they say and do. 😛

they are not seasoned politicians like the other two, but the impact they have made is still pretty good. I already see a positive change, lost parties are talking about performance and progress instead of hindutva or minorities. Rahul has openly accepted AAP's strategy, which is a good change. Hope BJP will soon follow suit.

Kejriwal's interview with Rajdeep Sardesai of CNN-IBN[YOUTUBE]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dd9AQeD9hxQ[/YOUTUBE]Edited by heeheehee - 10 years ago
@Genie

When I mean apply pressure on Congress/BJP I don't mean active actions  or verbal attacks on the party. What I mean is provide clean governance and focus on basic issues one at a time. Their performance in Delhi elections put pressure on Congress/BJP to clean their act. They don't need to perform miracles or deliver on every claim. Just simple clean governance, the focus on anti corruption will be enough.

As for the issues regarding sex/drug rackets. Of course it was a major issue that needed to be addressed. However, the law minister overreached in taking action. Just because you have complaints you don't swoop in and conduct raids on every foreign national. If one party starts taking the law in their own hands, it is a slippery slope for every political party to do the same.
Kejriwal's iview with Barkha dutt of NDTV
[YOUTUBE]http://youtu.be/qeC6uHCLE-4[/YOUTUBE]
Media is already after kejriwal and congress is juxt using him...
Originally posted by return_to_hades

@Genie

When I mean apply pressure on Congress/BJP I don't mean active actions  or verbal attacks on the party. What I mean is provide clean governance and focus on basic issues one at a time. Their performance in Delhi elections put pressure on Congress/BJP to clean their act. They don't need to perform miracles or deliver on every claim. Just simple clean governance, the focus on anti corruption will be enough. 
I agree with one thing at one -point, but the media pressure and the crowd theatrics till LS is how the game is to be played. For anti-corruption- not only he has launched that helpline, sorting out the private tank mafia but has made big bureaucratic changes as well. Took out politicians from the educational bodies and have insisted on hiring only academics. Smart move , considering the corruption in the Delhi institutes. The Jan Lokpal bill is going to be introduced in the next session - if he gets that, it will be a big score for him. 

As for the issues regarding sex/drug rackets. Of course it was a major issue that needed to be addressed. However, the law minister overreached in taking action. Just because you have complaints you don't swoop in and conduct raids on every foreign national. If one party starts taking the law in their own hands, it is a slippery slope for every political party to do the same. 
As others and even me have mentioned that in no way what the Minister did was right , his methods were wrong. But for me I look at the bigger picture which is to make the police accountable , right now they are not. So if AK with his dharnas, his tv talk or his pressure can bring that under State govt , it will have huge implications as far as the law and order situation is concerned. 

@LP - Glad to see you after a long time!😊

And Agree , its to be noticed how they have changed the way these decades old parties look towards election. Suddenly we have corruption, economics and what now as main issues for LS polls. Modi has declared clearing economic mess has his 1st agenda , not some religious dispute and Rahul is aping AAP in trying to connect with public. I find voters much more aware and excited this time.
Honestly AAP is into going to form the central govt but I like how uneasy they make these National Parties, who till now where very elite. That is interesting.
@Genie: Even the helpline has been subject to controversy. 😆