Debate Mansion

Arvind Kejriwal and AAP - Page 5

_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: charminggenie

Actually I differ here, they should focus on the two parties a little later, for now work towards providing basic facilities and improving the ground realities of Delhi If they heckle on the Cong/BJP now , they will sound all too negative.

Agree with the part about focusing on opponents later and focusing on governance first.  Unfortunately Mr Kejriwal  sems to be oversensitive to any dissent voiced by the public or media. So far it has influenced his decision to form the govt with support from the Congress, drop his earlier choice of accommodation, to re-think his candidature for LS, and now with the growing dissent voiced by the opposition regarding the delay or soft atitude in taking the Congress to task for alleged cases of corruptions, Mr Kejriwal has declared that he would do just that within 4 days! He has a penchant for self imposed deadlines!

I doubt in 21 days you can take concrete steps against the ex-govt or the present Municipal bodies. it's like asking them to jump the procedure and protocol and act urgently. How to we expect clean governance after 21 days is what surprises me. Hype or not this is unfair on our part, give them atleast 6 months and another Assembly session, read what bills they have passed , before we create a judgement. I wonder if other newly elected govts are also scrutinized the same way? 

Its true that the AAP is under undue scrutiny which is unfair but it is Kejriwal himself who keeps coming up with seemingly impossible self imposed and self declared deadlines.

See in this context I researched and read a bit, I stand firm on the wrong steps taken by the Law Minister and he should apologize unconditionally but then when you hear the region's RWA and their months long complaint about the sex/drug racket and no action taken by the police , you do wonder what is the Delhi CM suppose to do. He is the face of Police, even if he doesn't have control over it. Not justifying but really what alternative is left with the govt? Should they not have Police under them like in other states .

Genie, what the law minister did amounts to taking the law in his own hands. An example of the powerful wanting immediate results irrespective of the lawful procedures  that need to be heeded. Its the narco division or a special task force that handles cases dealing with drugs. The members who go to conduct such raids are carefully searched /frisked to rule out any possibility of their planting drugs at the site of raid. This necessary precaution was blown away when the law minister and his motley crowd took it upon themselves to conduct a raid and punish the suspected wrongdoers!  It sets up a dangerous  precedent.! 

Nope they were then and now demanding the same thing - Police under state govt which has been requested since 2004. If we listen to Arvind , there is no difference of narrative, he says if people complain to my office over Law ministry about a nuisance and no police action is taken after months, what "legal" power do I have to solve them, should I not demand and mount pressure for these powers. I doubt any party in Delhi will disagree with this. We should never read too much about election narratives , they are fought on totally different perspective. If we continue to live in ti , we will overlook the bigger picture.

Sheila Dixit's govt had been making the same demand for the police to be under the ambit of State govt. But that had not stopped the AAP from holding her accountable for the  police inaction. Moreover, there are some genuine concerns regarding placing the police under state govt as it could pose some security concerns in the event of  different  government at the Centre and the State and it needs some in depth deliberations. No quick fix solutions there! The CM could have mounted pressure at a senior level  by legal means . Taking recourse to vigilantism  and mob culture is unacceptable  in a civil society.  Midnight raids into anyones house on mere suspicion, arresting a female at night , beating her,  conducting the search by  unprofessionals, the racial abuses that the suspects were subjected to, inciting an unruly mob -  all constitute breach of law and the law minister could rightly  find himself behind bars.

The bigger picture is cleaner politics but not by encouraging lawlessness.

I give them the grace period of 6 months when I have given years and decades to to the other National parties. One thing is for sure , they have stirred and shaken the Indian Politics, shift in how every political party is trying to connect with the people and the voter feels more closer to Indian politics. I like that. They may fail or they may stay but surely the focus would be on their slogan on "anti-corruption" and clean politics.

To have a more sustained impact it is essential for the AAP to survive and retain the voter's confidence. Immature and hasty decisions could be its undoing and also of the hopes that people have pinned on them.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Angie: Its a Catch-22 situation really. On one side, its true that AAP is trying to be a Dasabhuja Durga by taking on everything at once. And their psychology is understandable. With humongous expectations, they are expected to be under scanner more than others, and if they didn't resort to some immediate measures (including the populist ones), they would risk losing visibility and buzz. The general public is impatient and would demand solid results on paper in six months. So their urgency is palpable.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Watching Kejriwal live - Defying the section 144 that was declared yesterday to prevent the dharna we have the CM doing precisely that in front of Home minister's office and says he will run his own office from the streets 😆
 Calling people to join him there. Shouting slogans against Shinde for providing protection to the police in  lieu of "protection money' ...Its quite a spectacle out there ðŸ˜†
Never a dull moment in Delhi!
Lets see how things play out.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Correction- Due to the ongoing preparations for the Republic Day parade he was prevented from reaching the  Union Home ministry office in the Central secretariat therefore had to shift the venue of protest to a park near the Rail Bhavan.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Thanks to Kejriwal and AAP the desi news is spicier, twistier and crazier than kekta Maiyya soaps. 
Rehanism thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 2
I take back every word I had said in praise of AAP and Kejriwal. They were and are a bunch of rabble rousing populists, pandering the mob culture with little understanding or regard for law and established procedure. This was my initial opinion about Team Anna and their 'Janta faisla karegi' brand of nautanki 2 years back, but I really hoped that Kejriwal being more educated and sober would be different. However it seems he's no different from the likes of Mamata Banerjee and his lieutenants are a bunch of callous, overconfident dimwits. Pure nautanki culture, they have. Now I'm back to being unsupportive of any political party.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngpB_85XZyc[/YOUTUBE]
^^You do know that the Police were sitting on the complaints for about three months, right?
Sanaya-hi-Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Oh Really with the kind of antics AAP or should I say SHRAP( the new nickname for the party) would get any votes? I doubt!
They beat up women, assault and abuse them!
A law minister convens a meeting of judges and then says he was ill-informed about his powers and thought he had full authority over the judiciary
A law minister calls Congress and BJP supporter of pimps; says I would never spit on so and so!
National spokesperson of the party says Kiran Bedi should be taught a lesson for not supporting the AAP!
They would not let R-Day celebrations to take place!
They are creating constituitional crisis..
and the list goes on and on!!

Long gone are the days of populism where free sops and so-called reduction in tariffs( whereas there is no such reduction and only public money is used for subsidy) could be vote-catchers..Ashok Gehlot anyone? Now are the days of performace just like Modi has mentioned...
He has a blueprint set; he knows how he will work; has an international acceptability; can revive the economy of India..
What else does the aspiratonal India want?

Without doubts it would be Modi...but till LS nautanki can go on and AAP can continue to entertain us! Not that we are complaining!
But he would soon lose the LS elections as well as Delhi government!

#MarkMyWords

...OOPs forgot to add, looking at the kind of anarchy and misrule  by the AAP, it is nothing short of a #NationalEmbarassment!

Sanaya-hi-Rani thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: Rehanism

I take back every word I had said in praise of AAP and Kejriwal. They were and are a bunch of rabble rousing populists, pandering the mob culture with little understanding or regard for law and established procedure. This was my initial opinion about Team Anna and their 'Janta faisla karegi' brand of nautanki 2 years back, but I really hoped that Kejriwal being more educated and sober would be different. However it seems he's no different from the likes of Mamata Banerjee and his lieutenants are a bunch of callous, overconfident dimwits. Pure nautanki culture, they have. Now I'm back to being unsupportive of any political party.

[YOUTUBE]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ngpB_85XZyc[/YOUTUBE]

exactly! They are a bunch of hooligans with no ettiquettes..leave alone political ideology!
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: krystal_watz

^^You do know that the Police were sitting on the complaints for about three months, right?

Police inaction is never an excuse for vigilante justice and mob behavior.

I'm not a fan of the police, but before accusing the police of wrongdoing I would prefer to have an investigation to determine why action wasn't taken - was it genuine corruption and incompetence or lack of evidence or other factors preventing action.