Do you think Rani is over-rated!!!

Pradarshak thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

I am not stating that Rani is not a good actress, but somehow I feel she is bit over-rated. She is everywhere in the news. She did some good work but can you fit her in the genre of Rekha, Sridevi, Madhuri(I am not mentioning the Golden era "Great" heroines). Being a bengali, I feel proud of her but I don't think she can match the talent of another bengali actress, Kajol.

I thought this years National award went to the rightly deserved person. I always felt it was Ayesha Kapoor and Amitabh who stole the show in "Black". Any good actress could have justified the role of Michelle Mcnally. Rani was lucky to get the role, that was nothing very exceptional. But I can't imagine "Black" without Amitabh and Ayesha. Even in "KANK", Preity Zinta appealed to me much better though Rani had the meaty role. She is good among the rest at present(most are crappy if you minus the glamour), so she is enjoying all the applaudes.

What do you think?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

CuteFairy91 thumbnail
I agree wid u.. I like her too.. But my fav is Madhuri n she alwayz will b... I do think she is over-rated too... Cuz there is hardly ny gud actresses left in Bollywood... So she is da best one right now but.. 😕
RandomSquared thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
I like rani, but yeah i would never say dat she's better then Kajol or Madhuri...as for KANK, i rly feel preity did better then her. Of course Black is Black, n she was amazing in it, but i wont say she's the best
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
I m agree with u.Rani is over-rated.
Ayesha Kapoor is much much better than Rani in black.Rani is over-rated bcz she is current favourite of big banners like Yash Raj, Karan Johar & Bhansali.otherwise she is not better than Kajol, Madhuri.
insouciance thumbnail
Definitely..Rani Mukherjee is extremely overrated,just as how sanjay Leela Bhansali is(I see a 100 eggs coming at me 😆 )...

Honestly,I havent seen anything exceptional in Rani's acting...She was just OKAY in HumTum,Bunty aur Babli and Kabhi Alvida Naa Kehna...She was good in Black,but duh,she was working with Sanjay Bhansali,who can make even an Aishwarya Rai act....She was lucky to bag thr role of Michelle...

Rani can at the most be called the current best heroine(but,even thee,there are better actresses like Konkona sharma,Tabu),she no legend..She' miles upon miles from being that...But thanks to her connections,and her constant sucking up to the Chopras,the Khans and the Johars,she manages to bag all the leading projects....Just my opinion 😳
Minnie thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Yes, I do think Rani is pretty over rated. I can see the Rani brigade coming with eggs, but Rani was actually pretty unconvincing as the deaf dumb and blind girl in Black. She is a good actress, but she truly could take acting lessons from that 10 yr old who played Rani's younger version in that movie ( Ayesha kapoor). Kajol is more effortless and more talented. I enjoy watching Rani,loved her in B&B and KKHH and Saathiya. But she still has miles to go before she actually touches someone like Rekha or Madhuri.
TheRowdiest thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Originally posted by: buffie

Rani Mukherjee is extremely overrated,just as how sanjay Leela Bhansali is(I see a 100 eggs coming at me 😆 )...

right buffie. Sunjay is too overrated. I didnt find anything special in Devdas except sets, dresses & songs. but devdas was sent for Oscars instead of "The Lagend Of Bhagat Singh" just bcz Devdas was a Bhansali's movie.( according to me The Legend ... was far far away better than Devdas even I liked that movie)

Konkana was so spontaneous in Omkara but while watching Black one thought was coming in my mind that Rani has done this movie just to get a national award so I couldnt enjoy that movie as a viewer and a critic

khads45 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
yea Rani is very overrated, she's a good actress but there are also many other good actresses, just because she comes in big banner films, she's more overrated. i personally don't like her because there's too much of her these days
insouciance thumbnail

Originally posted by: RajeevKiHeer

right buffie. Sunjay is too overrated. I didnt find anything special in Devdas except sets, dresses & songs. but devdas was sent for Oscars instead of "The Lagend Of Bhagat Singh" just bcz Devdas was a Bhansali's movie.( according to me The Legend ... was far far away better than Devdas even I liked that movie)

Konkana was so spontaneous in Omkara but while watching Black one thought was coming in my mind that Rani has done this movie just to get a national award so I couldnt enjoy that movie as a viewer and a critic

Oh my,Sanjay is overrated and how!!He is a good director,but he definitely has a long way to go before he can be bracketed with greats like Hrishikesh Mukherjee and Yash Chopra

The only movie of his which I really liked was Khamoshi,and that bombed ,whereas a mediocre Devdas went on to become a blockbuster 😕 ...Devdas sans the glamour is naught...Dollops of overacting by SRK,Ash who couldnt even say ishh rightly..The only good thing about Devdas was Madhuri Dixit👏

Not only rani..there are loads of actors who are overrated....

SRK,Salman,Sanjay Dutt(honestly,I've loved only his munnabhai movies😳),Dharmendra,Rishi Kapoor,Randheer Kapoor,and perhaps even Raj Kapoor🤔 (dont kill me for this😭)

and among actresses we have Rani,Tina Muniam,Neetu Singh,Priyanka(honestly,other than Aitraaz,she hasnt been great in any other movie)

Sorry for divagating 😳

Edited by Buffie - 17 years ago
Mashal thumbnail
yes rani is too rated actress i like kajol then rani i dont like rani cuz of following reasons
1)she has many affairs abhisheik,govinda etc......
2)in an interview she was saying ppl like chemistry of shahrukh-rani then shahrukh-kajol(how dare she ? 😡 )