Aur Pyaar Ho Gaya

I was apprehensive about playing a father: Rajeev Singh

jenny156 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
I was apprehensive about playing a father: Rajeev Singh

Jaipur boy Rajeev Singh has done it all. He has been a prominent name in the fashion world after being the first Asian to win a pageant title, and went on to try his hand at indie films in Bollywood. After his debut with Khamoshh... Khauff Ki Raat directed by Deepak Tijori, Rajeev was last seen in Diary Of A Butterfly. The actor is now making his small screen debut with Aur Pyar Ho Gaya.

The handsome hunk, famous for his chiselled body and suave looks, will be seen playing father to a teenage girl in the daily soap. Admits the actor, "Yes, it is surprising to people that I am venturing into television that too playing a father. But there is nothing surprising in it. Now the scenario has changed and the television industry has evolved to a great extent."

Having faith in director Rajan Shahi, who has given successful shows like Yeh Rishta Kya Kehlata Hai and Jassi Jaisi Koi Nahi, Rajeev accepted the role, though he was apprehensive, when he was approached, about playing a father. "When Rajan old me about the role, I clearly told him that I would be the wrong choice for the character. His reply sounded interesting. He told me that it's not a regular old man playing a typical father. It's a role of a young guy who is successful in business, married to a beautiful lady with a teenage daughter. His daughter Kanchi falls in love and the conflict starts. He is a traditional yet very sophisticated and a good looking dad who believes in family values, customs and traditions. According to Rajan, the role goes well with my personality. And I totally agree with him and said yes to it," Rajeev said.

He also tells us that the story is based in Jaipur. "Apart from me being from Jaipur, there's one more connect; the show is based in Jaipur. So you will find many things about our Jaipur in it," he informs.

Married to actor Sanobar Kabir, Rajeev is not a father in real life, yet, and has been taking tips from his dad Rajendra Singh and uncle Surendra Singh to play this role. "Both my dad and uncle have been my role models for playing this character. Though they are more chilled out in real life, I am following them to get into the character of Suket."

Edited by jenny156 - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

NarutoFan thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
He Iooks young and dashing as an onscreen father too.Tfs😊
Meriam25 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
he makes a handsome dad act 
and he s also frm jaipur nw tht is interesting to learn 
TitansFan thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
how come they didnot mention bidaai, that was the only show i followed for a while 😆
he is doing good job, keep up 
HamariAduriKahn thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
I think both of the actors playin avni's mom and dad look way too young to be playing parents! 😳
Reenatyzed thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
he is indeed very handsome and both reena and rajeev r so young 2 play parents
P.D.S thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
he sure is handsome and his onscreen wife sure is beautiful too. they suit each other. 😳
agreed both reena and rajeev look young but oddly i like it. 
Meriam25 thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
act i din minda reena playin a mom wen i found out tht he s playin the daddy 
they do suit each other bt i want some cute scenes of them 
and also more dialogues for rajeev he hardly has much dialogies
Edited by Meriam25 - 10 years ago
Parm. thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Commentator 1 Thumbnail
Her brother and dad look more like brothers whenever I see them together.  
Afss_94 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Tfs.
He looks very young as a father😳