AshNi Bas AshNi..Story So Far..NO COMMENTS PLEASE - Page 23

Posted: 9 years ago
front seat...

It was early next morning that dr ashutosh n nidhi left a sleeping guddi who had cried the previous night for her nishu bhiya...and entered the parking of city mother n child hospital..
As nidhi hurried down ..ashutosh held her hand...as if stopping her...nidhi looked at him n said"dr ashutosh...ahaana needs me...she s my friend..."dr ashutosh nodded as they entered ...his eyes apprehensive ..what if ahaana's abortion made nidhi remember her own miscarriage. ..he could not bear to see the shadow of pain on her face...in her bubbly eyes...he sighed as they almost arrested their steps...there stood ahaana in a green churidar kurta with sudhir n nanda...she seemed to have been discharged...n as nidhi tried to hold her n aak..she seemed irritated"bus nidhi...I m sick n tired of explanation. .why did I abort...why did I go against john..why do I not respect motherhood...well I dont n thats what it is...let me be myself...I dont want to be someone else...n if james does not like me this way...well he can file a divorce...bye..I m goung home...my father's place...two days mei I d be back in kgh ...chal bye..."as ashutosh stepped back; putting an arm around nidhi ..sudhir n nanda kept quiet as they took ahana away...without james...sudhir just sighed"i tell you...children are so head strong at times..."and they walked out...
Dr ashutosh pulled nidhi out of her stupor n got her back...she seemed a lil dazed...was she recalling her own misfortune. ..."nidhi kya hua?? Baat kya hai..."?? Nidhi didnt reply for a while but then spoke"ahana james ki shaadi toot jaayegi ab..."ashutosh held her hand..knowing how steongly she was feeling for her friend...but dr ashutosh reflected maturely"yes indeed..ahaana had behaved immaturely...but could james love her so little...could he actually divorce her...then did he deserve her at all????
Engrossed in these entangled webs the car entered mathur niwas..n nidhi almost rusehed to hold her guddi...her fat lil angel...who had been crying for her brother...nidhi looked at the clock..it was 9 am..in two hrs nishu d arrive...
She lifted guddi in her arms ...n as the angel opened her eyes...her long eyelids lifting...she asked"bhiyaa aa gaya?? Nishu come"?? And ashutosh smiled as he took her from nidhi...and kissed her.."chali jaldi se brush kero nhai nhai kar ke ready ho jao to bhaiya ko lene chalenge...bus run jaldi..."and guddi seemed to run arpund in fast motion as she pulled a polka dot frock n ran to nidhi to open her night suit...nidhi seemed to forget all pains...as she smiled...n within a few moments...in front of the world famous neurosurgeon stood his lovely two year old daughter with short curly hair..looking gorgeous in a blue dotted frock..and his young wife completely wet ...trying to control her sneezes!!! Ashutosh shook his head as he gave the towel to nidhi n said"jaao change karo...main iss miss sahiba ko khilata hoon"!!
As ashutosh fed poha to guddi:; she wanted him to search for potato pieces ...and as the dextrous fingers of the neurosurgeon did this great feat..baba laughed ...n said"kuch baras pehle..kaun keh sakta tha..ki scalpel pakadne wali ungliyaan beti ko aaloo khilaanyengi"!! And ashu smiled...and then turned serious as baba discussed about ahana...ashutosh spoke"baba...aaj kal ki generation..jaldi mei faisle leti hai...two minute decisions..."!! Before baba could reply; nidhi emerged in a grey n yellow sari ..looking lovely ..as she smiled n asked"armaanji..."?? Baba replied"nishu ka favourite cake lene gaya jai...
"N nidhi spoke "aur maine uske tomato sandwich bana diye hain"!! Guddi clapped as she ran around blowing kisses at the pics of nishu..as nidhi n ashu looked mesmerised...
Ashutosh n nidhi waited with guddi in their arms ..as the children emerged from the bus snd the teacher handed them over to the parents...the fourth child was ateet mathur...and as nishu emerged..guddi almost darted ...only to be caught by nidhi...as dr ashutosh moved forward n held his son...lifting him up n kissing his forehead ...before putting him down and realising that he wanted to carry his own bag...the green shoots of independence had begun to show...
nidhi held nishu's face in her hands ...n held her tears back ...just as guddi's patience gave way n she hugged her "nishu bhiya"!!!
On the drive back home; nishu explained the fun they had ..the tent life..how the wind whistled at night...the rides n the animals...and then he looked up.."u know mamma...I told my teacher that my mamma papa went on their honey moon to a wild life park...so she laughed"!!! Ashutosh ..looked at nishu..who sat beside him ...while nidhi n guddi were at the back seat..he ruffled his hair n said"arre your teacher does not know ki tumhari mamma kitni adventurous hai..."!! And all laughed...
Just as they entered the home, a big balloon burst and there was lot of glitter n confetti that fell on nishu n guddi...as they squealed with joy n nishu was hugged by baba kaka ...maxi n then lifted up by his chacha...nidhi came out with his favourite sandwiches while armaan made him cut his favourite choco cake ..in the shape of a jungle hut!!! As nishu bit into the sandwiches...his tongue smacked his lips...as he could feel his mom's love melting in his mouth!!!
nishu suddenly left food n ran in...to emerge with a big goody bag...and pulled out key chains with woodden chips...for baba kaka chacha n his father...n as nidhi looked at him..he said"aap to koi chabi nahi rakhti"!! N baba joked"arre nishu iske paas to sabse zuroori chabi rehti hai...tere papa ki  chabhi"!!!! N all laughed...as nishu pulled out a clip for nidhi n then looking at his impatient doll sister...he took out a tee with a tiger on it...n guddi shouted"whaaaooo"trying to imitate the roar of a tiger...as nushu hugged her...n baba exclaimed"beta is ghar ne...hum sab ne tujhe bahut miss kiya...bahut"!!! 
'Achcha nishu...ab mai aur mamma hospital jaa rahe hain...tum apni stories guddi aur baba ko sunana...see u in the evening..aur aaj shaam pizza hut time"!!! And guddi jumped as she remembered her fav pizza"veg exlabagazaaa"thereby meaning veg extravaganza!!!
as nidhi fumbled with the seat belt...n ashutosh shook his head n put it for her...his hands grazing her belly for just an extra second...and nidhi almost trembled at his touch...and as he withdrew ...she regained her composure n said"chaliye ..kabhi to aap ke saath front seat pe baithne ka mauqua mila...nahi to aspke bachchon be to mujhe push ker diya back ground mei"!!
Dr ashutosh took her fingers n said"hey doc...mere liye tum humesha front seat pe rahogi...tumhari jagah koi nahi ke sakta...koi bhi nahi..."n nidhi smiled..
as the fm played"
tere bina jiya jaaye na..."and the enigmatic dr ashutosh drove on!!!

nail polish... action replay...

It was after about four days that ahaana knocked at dr ashutosh's cabin..and as she entered .ashutosh looked up...n ahana spoke up"sir I have come to join..."dr ashutosh spoke "ahana how are u "?? Ahana sighed"sir I am fine...want to start working again"! Ashutosh spoke"ahana ...how is james now"??
"Sir I dont know...I am living with my dad n mom..he has not contacted me...maybe I get the divorce papers soon ..."ashutosh threw the file he was reading n got up"oh come on ahana..relationships are not taps u can turn on n off...sab theek ho jayega..just be a lil mature ..."ahana looked up"sir aap yeh advice james ko dejiyega plz...I just want to work..."ashutosh realised ..ahana was still surrounded by anger n ego..he smiled n said"go..n join the children's ward.."!! Ahana said thanx n went off as dr ashutosh dialled sudhir...
"Jaanta hoon ashutosh...maine hi shaayad bigaada hai usse...head strong  hai...james se bhi kya expectations rakhoon jab ..."ashutosh spoke"no sudhir...james should be more mature n responsible...after all a man needs to be more mature..."! Sudhir sighed sadly as ashutosh finally said"baat karoonga main james se..."!! And ashutosh got up n walked out to the opd...wanting to talk to nidhi but came back seeing the long line of patients waiting for her...as nidhi was chatting n diagnosing an old man...who seemed to smile n say"daaktar aadhi beemaari to aapse baat kerke hi door ho gayi.."n ashutosh smiled as he withdrew...how nidhi enjoyed being a general practitioner...if only she could go in for PG...
"Mujhe cookery course karne ka bahut mann hai...week ends pe..."!! It was nidhi who announced this as she put the plates of the pudding that all had loved away...ashutosh frowned n said"kabhi M D karne ki bhi sochaa karo..for a change.."nidhi giggled"achcha sochna hi hai to soch loongi..chocolate cake bake karte karte...aur ab mujhe lecture dene ke bajaaye meri table saaf karne me help kariye...chaliye...uthiye "!! And armaan n baba laughed as nishu asked"mamma aap M D kyun nahi karti...is ot v tough...aap fail ho jaaogi kya"?? Nidhi pouted n said"fail paas to pataa nahi per haan itti padhaai hogi ki marr jaaoongi padhte padhte..."!! N nishu was left open mouthed gaping!!
Nidhi emerged with coffee fpr adults n chocolate milk for kids..while ashu was talking to baba about col verma's house repairs "haan maine kaha ki kych dino ko yahaan aa jaayein..per woh maante hi nahi"said ashutosh ...as nidhi sat n said"agar woh wahaan happy hain to let them be...waise bhi I get tired of dadi bua's nagging..."ashutosh smiled n reprimanded nidhi"tum boodhi ho jaaogi to guddi bhi aise hi kahegi..."n nidhi replied"agar main dadi bua ki tarah nag karoongi to yeh to mujhe disown ker degi busss'!! Ashutosh sighed as guddi got up wanting to sip his coffee n as he dodged the mug..she yelled...nidhi added"deejiye coffee..bahut headstrong hai yeh"n ashutosh smiled n said"bilkul maa pe gayi hai apni"!! And as nishu n armaan laughed..nidhi made a face n got up...
It was an hr later that ashutosh looked up from his book as nidhi yawned n slumped to the bed ...removing her gown n showing her pink nightie..."zara A.C to tez karoye na...sweating ho rahi hai...thak gayee"!! Dr ashutosh adjusted the temp. At 16 degrees n said"kyun khaana banati ho...hospital se aake rest kiya karo..."nidhi smiled"kyunki mujge aapke liye baba ke liye bachchon ke liye cook kerna achcha lagta hai...its my destresser...samjhe"!! N ashutosh just held her hand ...playing with her nails..."yeh shade change karo na...I dont like it"! Nidhi smiled"oh!! To dr hardstone aaj kal jr drs ke nail polish ke shades bhi observe kartein hain...wow some progress..."ashutosh pulled her nose n said"jr drs ke nahi...apni biwi ke...buss"!! And nidhi snuggled..."yaad hai jab aapne mere nails paint kiye the..."and ashutosh put his arm around her...kissing her hair he held her close...n whispered"nidhi...tumne to meri life paint ker di...in vibrant blue..."n nidhi giggled"to main nails blue paint ker loon..."!!! N added"aaj aahana ne green paint kiye the...sexy colour..."and ashutosh looked with a naughty glint before turning serious n saying"sudhir pateshaan hai...I think I should talk to james..."nidhi kept quiet...then added"i feel abhi ruk jaaiye..james is a loner..usse achcha nahi lagega..."ashu spoke"why not...ahana ki family kyun nahi explain kare...
"Nidhi held his hand n said gently ..."aap yaad kariye aap kitna gussa hue the jab dadi bua ne dr mallika ko...
"Ashutosh lowered his eyes..."nidhi...us galti ke liye maine tumne..humne kitna suffer kiya...I feel family advice is v important. ..aaj mere liye dadi bua kitni zuroori hain..."nidhi kissed his forehead...n said"kuch din rukiye..let things cool a lil...phir dekhiyega..."ashutosh sighed...n kissed nidhi n said"i am sorry nidhi...maine tumhe bahut dukh diye hain..."nidhi kissed him back n said"forget it...aapne kitne sukh bhi diye hain...itna pyaar..itna vishwaas..bachche...ghar..."ashutosh didnt say anything but just held nidhi close...her heart beating against his...n drowning all the gone by sad memories in their symphony...
"Subah subah kya kar rahe hain aap..."?? Asked nidhi as she saw dr ashutosh rummaging thru her dressing table..he looked up n said"tumhari nail polish dhoondh raha hoon...aaha this is nice..."and he began to apply on her fingers ...as nidhi looked on mesmerised ...and as he went to the toes...she saod"paaon nahi plz"!! And ashutosh looked in mock disbelief"come on ..apni biwi ko choone ka visa lena hoga kya..."and began to apply the pale pink nail polish as nidhi looked on ...when suddenly guddi yelled"papppa mai bhi...me too"and sat on nidhi..extending her legs...ashutosh picked her up n hushed"mamma ke oopar nahi chadhna...mamma can get hurt...aao idhar..."!! And nidhi laughed her head off as guddi extended her feet n hands n her father the world famous neurosurgeon painted the nails...with greater dexterity than what he had with the scalpel...and as he finished she kissed him n ran out ..."dekho baba...papa put nailpolish on mamma n me...dekho...see look na"!! And as nidhi could hear the laughter of baba ...she n ashutosh blushed...n nidhi put her head on ashu's shoulder...just when the cell buzzed...ashu looked v tense as he heard...n teplied"col verma I d be there in 5 minutes"n then looked at nidhi..."dadi bua is passing blood in urine...we must rush..."!!
Nidhi stood transfixed as ashutosh pulled"nidhi lets rush its serious...might be kidney failure..."n nidhi nodded pushing back her tears...
Nidhi fumbled into her churidar kurta as dr ashutosh explained the situation to baba n the two rushed out ...leaving the kids asleep..armaan baba n kaka taking full responsibility. .
As dr ashutosh drove , he told nidhi to dial dr sunil of city central"hi sunil..main ashutosh..yaar ..its an emergency ..my grand mom in law seems to have had some kind of a kidney issue..what do u suggest..who is the best nephro..mere yahaan to dr kapur hain.."dr sunil halted for a moment and answered..."ashutosh..we have this dr james..he is v good indeed..i can send him across to kgh..or if u want to admit her here..no issues"! Ashutosh looked at nidhi..distraught but trying to be in control..he held her hand and gave it a lil squeeze "nahi sunil..i will keep her at kgh..but if you could send dr james..i d be very grateful.."!
As the car screeched to a halt at col verma's ..the ambulance was already there..dr ashutosh helped shift an unconscious dadi bua while nidhi put her things together with maxi...and just as she was about to leave the room..her gaze fell on the tiny idol of hanumanji that nidhi had always seen by dadi bua's bed side...she quietly put it with her stuff and emerged..ashutosh pointed"you go in the ambulance..i d drop maxi home n get col verma to kgh..dont worry..we d give her the very very best..."nidhi nodded as she stepped into the ambulance while dr ashutosh and cv followed in the car...as the solankis stood in shock n disbelief.
"Dr james thos is her case history. ..a chronic case of hypertension. ."james nodded as he examined the patient ..and then said"sir if you could tell the dr on duty to take blood samples n send for tests immediately"ashutosh nodded as he rang ...n dr ahana came in...
For a second; both froze...but then james spoke"ahana"nidhi observed he did not adress her as the impersonal "dr ahana"and as she did as per his instructions...ashutosh n nidhi stood...
Dr james looked up"the tests will give us the confirmation. ..but i am quite sure its a renal failure...we will have to put her on dialysis ...n then start looking for a donor..her kids"??? Ashutosh shook his head...in the negative..as his gaze fell on a dejected col verma sitting outside..while nidhi tried to brave the situation inside...dr ashutosh knew ...there could be only one donor...nidhi...she was the closest relative ...of the right age group...but only if her blood group her tissue type matched...but then would it be prudent for nidhi...she had a whole life ahead of her...
Dr ashutosh brought nidhi out as they sat by cv n explained that dialysis had been started.the head nurse came with the forms that nidhi filled and ashutosh said "just put c/odr ashutosh...everything would be taken care of"! Nidhi nodded even as col verma tried a meek protest...
As ahana got coffee for all of them , ashutosh smiled n introduced "dr ahana "..dr james ki patni...aur mere friends sudhir nanda ki beti..."ahana smiled n said"aur nidhi ki dost"!...col verma smiled...as all eyes settled on the icu...where dialysis was on...
It was in the wee hours of the morning that dr james emerged "she wants to meet "yog"! Cv got up n entered...as nidhi stood looking at the two thru the glass window..while a concerned dr shutosh stood behind her as usual...rock solid in support...
"Nidhi..i feel tum ghar ho aao...infact i d also come along..send nishu to school...n then return with breakfast for col verma"nidhi nodded...as always ...ashutosh was right..like always..a guiding light of logic in the darkest moments of life...
"Baba ..now the reports will divulge the serum cretenin levels...then we d have to decide..the next step..lets see how long can she survive on dialysis...n more importantly can she take the surgery ...at this age organ acceptance is not very easy..."the rest was lost as guddi ran into ashu's arms with her teddy ...while nishu came with a comb "mamma..plz kar do na...aur tie "nidhi smiled as she looked at ashutosh...even in these bleak moments..there were sparks of light...which illuminated the darkness...
Nidhi readied nishu as guddi was unable to understand the sombre mood and playfully asked"pappa..breakfast...come..achcha achcha yummy "!! And as aahutosh smiled...nidhi stood up..n helped put poha n sandwiches on the table...as the family ate ...baba observed nidhi unduly withdrawn n quiet...he spoke "nidhi..beta...itni chinta na ker...medical science mei faith rakh...kuch na kuch zuroor hoga..."nidhi nodded...as ashutosh's cell buzzed.."ok...i see ...thanx james...do what u feel is right...we are coming right away"he looked at nidhi.."the reports are pretty bad...dialysis cant go on for more than a week...we need a donor...come chalo...time for decisions..."!
"No col sahab...u cannot donate..you are 58 n ahave had two heart attacks..out of question..."col verma kept quiet n then spoke"tab to phir ...nidhi..."and dr ashutosh nodded in silence...as both the men looked at nidhi...all of 32 years and probably faced with the toughest decision of her life...col verma spoke up"what do u feel dr ashutosh..."nidhi spoke before him..."baba ..dadi bua ko bachane ko kuch bhi karoongi main...anything...i d give my kidney..."dr ashutosh nodded...but added a word of caution 'nidhi..its not only what we want..but also what is feasible...secondly..your medical history also needs to be considered..."
Nidhi had a lot to say..but kept quiet...she knew what dr ashutosh was saying was correct...medically...
"Have a sip...i dont think you have eaten..."it was james offering his cup of tea to ahaana looking tired...as she slumped..sipping the tea...she spoke"sach kitna mushkil hai kisi apne ko marte dekhna..."james looked into her eyes ...n replied"yes...but still we chhoose death over life...isnt that strange..."ahaana kept quiet...n came out...as james took a deep breath..
"So this is the entire scenario...sir...the patient needs a transfusion n a transplant..but she doesnt seem to be on the best of health to do so...however...i feel we should start with the donor search...because there are medico legal issues involved..."dr ashutosh cut him short.."no james..we have nidhi. ..she can donate...off course we need to make her have a medical clearance...i have called her gynaec...sudhir..."dr james bit his lip n said"sir this is a v personal decision...now i d beg to leave to be with the patient...she needs another dialysis..."dr ashutosh nodded..
"Ashutosh...i understand that dadi bua's life is important but so is nidhu's...she has had a bad gynaec history..its not fair to her...n most importantly..she is so young...what if she develops some complications..."?? Ashutosh sat running his fingers thru his beard...as dr sudhir finally got up"my final opinion...technically YES...personally NO"!! And he walked off...stopping for a second as dr james almost bumped into him ...and then wished"morning sir...how are you"?? Sudhir kept  in control ...n replied "i hope u are more in control of things..."!!..and dr james kept quiet...as his father inlaw walked away...
"Nidhi...meri bachchi...meri baat sun tu"!! It was dadi bua...now fully conscious...trying to explain that she did not want a surgery n certainly not nidhi's kidney..."beta...meri bachchi...teri zindagi hai aage ko...mera kya hai...aur phir daktar ki badhti umr...do do bachche...main teri zindagi khatre me nahi daal sakti..."!nidhi seemed to think it wise not to argue with her...n she patted her hand n said"ab chalti hoon dadi bua...bachche intezaar kar rahe honge...shyama aunty aur anji hain baahar...baba ko bhi ghar bheja hai...aaj raat"and saying so...she emerged ..and walked to shyama aunty...who as usual gave her sage advice"beta jo bhi decide karna..dr ashutosh ki sehmati se karna..."nidhi nodded and left to the waiting ashutosh...
"Mamma...i have a hockey match on sunday...tum sikhaaogi na muhe..tumhari photo hai hockey khelte hue...nanaji ke yahaan"?? Nidhi smiled...but did not answer..as a sleepy guddi yawned n cried"mamma...chalo ninni"and as nidhi carried her to bed...hugging both her kids tight before she switched off the light...yes she had taken a decision...to endanger her life...but was it correct"???
She suddenly felt dr ashutosh's arms on her shoulders...and she looked at him..."kya karoon...aap kya kehte hain...are you against this after all ...i belong to you"!! Ashutosh held her by the shoulder n said"hey jaan...you do not belong to me..you belong to yourself...yes i love you ...so mera farz tumhare mushkil faislon mei madad karna hai...tumhara haath pakadna hai...jab bhi kathin mode pe tumhare kadam dagmagaayein...aur ab jab faisla liya hai..to yeh hum dono ka faisla hai...i agree with you..dadi bua ne tumhe tumhari maa se badhke pyaar kiya hai...aur hume hur mumkin koshish karni chahiye unhe bachaane ki..."nidhi put her head on ashutosh's broad chest...thanking him silently..."kitne din rehna hoga mujhe hospital mei"?? Ashutosh replied"8 days...kal morning se..first tests...then surgery...n then you d be on special drugs for a couple of days...if all goes well...10 days me aa jaaogi humaare paas waapas..."!! Nidhi whispered"dr aahutosh...kahi kuch ho gaya muhe to...nishu guddi ko...sambhaal lenge na...aakhir mere bachchon ke paas dadi bua thodi hongi"!! Ashutosh kept quiet...n just held nidhi close...his own heart fluttering in apprehension...n yet he was not stopping nidhi...he wantwd her to live her duties..to fulfil them...n not be his slave...he recalled what he had said long ago"meri chahat tumhare kadmo ki zanjeer kabhi nahi banegi..."and then he held her face in his hands n kissed her...and nidhi who knew him so well...could see the fear flicker in his eyes...
It was 3 in the night that dr james came to see his patient.dr ahana was sitting by her..observing keenly.."night duty"?? Ahaana nodded"yes...its nice to spend the nights here...rather than alone at home..."james kept quiet...he silently closed the door ...and drove home to catch up sleep before the two tough surgeries began...
Dadi bua opened her eyes n her gaze fell on her tiny bajrang bali...she knew her nidhi must have got him...
She closed her eyes n prayed"hey bajrang bali...tumne meri humesha suni hai..."
It was at 5 am that nidhi touched her sleeping kids ...n then came out...col verma stood with tears ..."nidhi...mai phir kehta hoon stop this...it can be dangerous..."! But baba patted nidhi"ja beta...hum hain tere saath...
Be brave...aur jaldi waapas aana...tere bachchon ko..iss ghar ko...ashu ko intezaar rahega tera..."!! And nidhi quietly walked...behind her husband...whom she knew would stand by her even thru these very difficult times...
Could her sacrifice save dadi bua?? Would it be fair if she died...leaving her young kids?? What about ashutosh..how d he cope up without her...dr ashutosh clutched her fingers...and smiled..."main hoon na.."...just then his cell rang...n his face lost its colour..."kya hua...bataiye na...plz"?? Ashutosh stopped the car...
"Nidhi...dadi bua saved you of the decision...she just died...renal artey haemorrhage. .."! And nidhi broke down...the flood gates to tears opened ...
Kabhi kabhi neem neem... kabhi shahed shahed... 

"Ab aap humaare ghar chalenge...plz col verma...its a request..kya itna huq bhi nahi mera"?? Iit was a sombre dr ashutosh putting an arm around his father in law as the cremation of dadi bua got over...
The body had not been taken home..luckily both nidhi n col verma agreed that there shpuld be minimum heart ache for the children ..and even as a dazed nishu was made to touch her feet ..ashutosh told maxi to keep guddi away ..and as nidhi sat in the car with the kids and maxi..ashutosh came n held her "nidhi...bachchon ka dhyaan rakhna...aur col verma ka room ready karwaana..i m getting him home.."and as nidhi nodded..understanding all but unable to express anything. .aahutosh bent to kiss her hair n the kids...and told the driver to drive off home...
The cremation was done by col verma..
But solanki sahib n ashutosh stood all along ...even as armaan took baba away...and though there was no wailing...cv looked one last time as he tpuched the feet of his selfless aunt who had given decades to look after his motherless daughter...
Through all this someone who was really inconsolable was chote sarkaar...the  constant eyesore of dadi bua..
Wept the most..finding himself at a loss with no one to reprimand him...such is life...we miss those most in death whom we rue the most in life...
It was after two days ...a saturday evening..when col verma looked at dr ashutosh n said"dr ashutosh..kal main chote sarkaar ko leke ghar jana chahta hoon...sab kuch aise hi pada hai..."ashutosh nodded "jee col verma..i can understand...i feel nidhi ko bhi le jaaiye..ghar theek kar degi..shaam ko main bachchon ko le aaoonga...week end me wahi rahenge...thoda baba aur armaan ko bhi chain milega is mere circus se"!! Baba laughed..knowing v well that ashutosh was trying to soothe the pain of his withdrawn father in law...
"Baba...inn saris ka kya hoga...yeh sweaters"?? As cv kept quiet n nidhi took the stuff for donation...cs pulled out a sweater...green n grey..."bibiji yeh mat do...yeh dadi bua ne bade pyaar se banayaa tha...kehti thi.."manhoos...agle baras tere liye bhi..."n cs broke down...
Shyama aunty came n helped in readying the house...as col verma stood infront of nandini's picture..."jaanti hai nidhi...agar bua na hoti to yeh ghar...kabhi ghar ho hi nahi pata...tere aane se pehle...kaise sajaya tha isse...saaf kiya tha...poori poori raat jagti thi tere sath..."!! And nidhi just hugged her father...both remembering the dadi bua with her love..her kindness..her screeches ...n her refrains  of "meri bachchi"!!
***********it was after a mammoth day in which ashutosh made nishu do his project on plant life..kept guddi away from destroying it...n then as kaka cooked a plain lunch..he bathed guddi n changed her into a yellow frock ..and tried combing her maggi hair...till she herself brought her comb n said"this..my comp...papa"! And it was a tired ashutosh after putting both kids for a siesta who came to sit with baba n kaka...armaan had gone to get the groceries..n ashu knew that dr keerti must also have gone..
As kaka started massaging ashutosh. .he smiled in relaxation...kaka smiled"aaj pata chala ..kya mushkil hai...woh tera aspataal chalana...ya ghar...bachche"!! Ashutosh smiled.."pata nahi nidhi kaise manage karti hai dono ko..."!! Kaka looked at baba n said"jab tu chota tha..tab dr sahib kehte the..yeh ghar aabaad hoga jab teri dulhan ki payal khankegi..."!! Ashutosh blushed as he said"nidhi...payal kahaan pehanti hai..."!! Baba smiled "beta..jo bhi ho...yeh nidhi hi hai jisne hume itni khushiyaan di ...aur aaj jab uske parivaar pe dukh hai..to yeh humaara farz hai..ki use sahara dein..."!! And aahutosh closed his eyes...in complete understanding...
"Mammma"!! It was a screeching nishu n guddi who hugged nidhi as they entered col verma's home..followed by ashutosh carrying a big framed picture of dadi bua..."chaliye sarkaar..yahaan lagate hain...dadi bua kitni commanding lag rahi hain"!!
The family settled in the lawn ..for tea as ashutosh helped guddi to jump over the wall into solanki house..."jab tumhari mamma aur anji masi choti thi to aise hi jump kerti thi..."he explained ...as nishu asked"how do u know papa"?? And ashutoah seemed at a loss of words...
Solanki sahib patted col verma"verma..aisa kiya kar..her weekend to aa jaya ker...shatranj ...khana ...yeh ghar aabaad rahega..."! Col verma smiled "haan ..solanki...jaise jaise hum boodhe hote hain...gharon mei..rishton me bant te jaate hain...bandhte jaate hain..."! Dr ashutosh smiled n added"aur betiyon ke baap to aur bhi ...kyunki betiyaan apne papa ko kabhi nahi chodti...kyun nidhi"?? N nidhi worked a smile...as dr ashutosh looked at her intently...
"Guddi nishu yahaan so jaayenge...main hall mei..."aahutosh stopped cv..."no sir...aaj to humaare saath so jaayenge dono...phir during the month..is small room ko convert kerwa ke connect ..."and cv agreed...taking interest in the modifications that his son in law was suggesting...
As nidhi settled her father n entered her room...she saw nishu n guddi  throwing cushions at each other ..she smiled as she recalled those nights between she n anji...as nidhi settled ...with guddi putting her legs across her tummy and nishu sleeping between the parents asked..."mamma...bua nani kahaan hongi..."?? Nidhi sighed as she looked at aahutosh n answered"beta.

Bhagwaanji ke paas...wahaan se hum sab ko dekh rahi hongi..."!! Guddi laughed"per unka chashma to yehi hai..."!! And nishu laughed...as they finally dozed off and ashutosh settled the kifs in between and put his arm across nidhi...caressing her face...feeling her tears...till she finally spoke..."dr ashutosh...aapko nafrat nahi hoti ...dadi bua se..."?? Ashutosh sighed"nahi nidhi...dadi bua ne apni zindagi me ..mere aur apne beech jaane kitne pul bana liye the...ajab thi tumhari dadi bua...pehle to hume alag kiya...phir maan gayi...phir mallika ke baare e..meri aankhe kholi...aur uske baad...jab kabhi bhi ...koi baat hui...mainw unhe humesha apne saath paaya...yaad hai ek baar unhone kaha tha...ki beta kehlane ki umr nahi meri...per pata nahi..main unka beta ban payaa ta nahi...lekin woh meri maa zuroor ban gayi..."!! And nidhi felt a strange pain in ashutosh's voice...a pain that could be felt only in someone who had suffered a loss...and indeed dr ashutosh had...he was not related to dadi bua...but then neither was he to baba...n yet ...
Ashitosh patted nidhi n said"zyada socho mat...so jaao..."!! And nidhi finally closed her eyes ...as she saw vision of dadi bua making her pony tails for school...her tiffin for college...teachingvher to make her first roti...n a smile appeared on nidhi's face as ashutosh sighed n closed his eyes...only to remember that guddi needed to be taken to the wash room...and he carefully lifted her in his arms...
"Arre armaanji aap..hospital mein"?? It was a surprised nidhi as she bumped into armaan..."haan socha tum ligo ko lunch khila doon..."!! N nidhi raised an eyebrow"yahaan canteen mein"?? And before armaan could reply ..dr keerti entered"to ab time mila janaab ko...dr hardstone. .lunch nahi khaane denge ab..3 baj gaye"!! And nidhi smiled and added"dr keerti is right...aap log jaaiye..main hoon yahaan unhe sambhaal loongi"!! And armaan hugged nidhi"arre meri jaan..tujhe to banaya hi uss hardstone ko sambhalne ke liye...warna to...sitaaron ne bas rahi thi kahi..."!! And the door flung open and dr ashutosh entered..."kisko utara gaya...kahaan se"?? And armaan was flustered as he said"woh kuch bahi...i was saying...ki yeh oopar se kitni files ..."and dr ashutosh gave an understanding smile before closing the door as dr keerti sighed"saved...i tell u nidhi..how do u stay with him yaar..."!! And nidhi smiled"woh itne steict bhi nahi hain...jitne dikhte hain..."!! And armaan n keerti both laughed before waving bye...
"Yes dr"it was nidhi; her face covered with a green flap as she gave the instruments to dr ashutosh and after a tough foyr hr surgery ..as he ended ...he said as usual"can u sew it for me doc"?? And nidhi nodded...as she finally emerged and changed. ..dr ranganath came in"dr nidhi...dr aahutosh has left...aapke liye taxi mangwane ko kaha hai...should i"?? Nidhi pouted"thanzx dr ranganath...i d manage..taxi bulana kaunsi MD karna hai...pata nahi inhe kya kaam tha..ki wait nahi kar sakte the..."!!
It was a mumbling nidhi who finally reached home to find everyone ready for a dosa party...she knew col verma loved dosas...but dr ashutosh?? He wasnt v fond of south indian..."aap kya khaayenge?? Dosa to nahi pasand aapko"?? Ashutosh smiled"col verma ko pasand hai...aur mujhe col verma pasand hain...issiliye jaldi aa gaya...to spend time with him...thode lonely the...subah mei...tumhe to nishu guddi ke rush me time hi nahi mil pata..."and as the entire family including kaka maxi cs sat eating disa n uttappam...col verma smiled as he recalled"dosa bua bahut achcha banati thi...bus mood bahut bigadta tha"!! And cs added"achcha kya banati thi..hazaar baar to hum tava maanjte the. ..aur sunte the..."and both nishu n guddi shouted"arre manhoos"!! And a smile came over col verma's face ...
***(******
It was late at night that nidhi got sandwiches n coffee for ashutosh...and as he ate...nudhi kept looking at him...trying to read n fathom his many faces...dr hardstone...the brooding lover...the passionate husband...the adoring father...n son...n a concerned son in law...he had it all...the summer of anger...n the winter of love...as nidhi hummed"kabhi neem neem...kabhi shahed shahed...mharo piya..."and smiled as  she saw his reflection in the mirror...

guddi ka naya safar...

Dedicated to sony..veena n anjani..the inspiration..the review specialist n the surgical analyser...respectively.thanx dearies...
3 months after dadi bua's death.
"Dr ashutosh...mujhe thodi aur der lagegi..forms ki line bahut lambi hai..."dr ashutosh nodded n aaked"guddi trouble ho gayi hogi bechari...usse coke pila do plz"nidhi made a face.."school hai..mc d ka outlet nahi...waise bhi pata nahi is badmash ka admission hoga bhi ..ya nahi..acha bye...mera chance aane wala hai.."
As nidhi came to the panel n gave the details...ASHNI MATHUR
SIBLING CATEGORY
SISTER OF ATEET MATHUR..the teachers smiled n complimented nidhi..."atet is a wonder kid..."and guddi interrupted "nishuuu...my brother"!! Nidhi got the form...filled it pasted the photos and submitted it.she was told the interview date would be mailed ...sighing in relief she emerged with guddi...who seemed upset.."kya hua guddi"?? And guddi replied " Mujhe nahi aana school...teacher us bad...fatty.."nidhi held her cheek"no.guddi aise nahi kehte..."and drove as guddi kept looking outside ..and as the car reached home she ran inside ...with nidhi shouting in tow..."kya hua..."asked baba n col verma...nidhi sighed"madam ka form submit kiya...ab dekhein...anyway baba..i have to rush...maxi..dekhna mahrani ko..."!!
As nidhi drove off, baba got guddi n cuddled her as col verma said"iski maa bhi bahut shaitaan thi bachpan mei...nursery mei usne mujhe bahut rulaya...chaar school badalne pade the..."!! And baba shhhd "mat kaho col.yeh samajh gayi to..lucknow ke sab schools ghumaayehi nidhi ashu ko..."!! And guddi ran ..as if she had an important job at hand...n returned with the cordless n dialled her papa...dr ashutosh was about to go for surgery..but seeing "ghar"he picked the cell...
"Hello..papa...me guddi"!!
"Beta...how r u..."??
"Fine...but thak gayi...school bad..."
"Achcha mamma ne coke pilaaya"??
"Na ...only angry...mera cheek pull kiya...aap lao coke..ek dum colddd"
Ashutosh smiled n kissed the cell"ok..pucca mera baby..now papa has to go..tum book padho apni..birds aur animals wali..ok"??
"Ok papa..love u..."n guddi kissed the phone...
Dr ashutosh was almost mesmerised for a moment...his kids seem to rule his world now ..nishu with his intelligent questions..and guddi with her pranks ...it was just yesterday that she had drawn what she called a painting with nidhi's nail polish on their bed sheet..."sir OT ready hai..."!! Ashutosh nodded n scribbled "nidhi..in for a long surgery...dont wait for me in the evening"!!
Nidhi enteted moments later...disappointed to find the note...but smiled and kept it ...arranged the table and put a rose that she had bought on her drive to kgh..."aayein to keh dena...ki guddi mera khoon pee chuki hai"!!😛😉😊
During lunch ..after a long OPD dr dubey called nidhi.."yes sir..kahiye "!!
"Dr nidhi...ek new dr hume join ker raha hai..dr rajiv khatri..delhi se hai..wants to work as a GP before going to europe...i think 2 saal kaam karega..but opd mei tumpe itna load hai..so ashutosh aur hum sab keen the...aaj shaam ko aayega...mil lena n explain the modalities..."nidhi bowed"sure sir..i d handle ...kal se he can come to the opd"dr dubey got up...n said"chalo chai peete hain..ashu to surgery mei hai...bada pareshaan tha guddi ke admission ko leke"nidhi explained things as dr dubey smiled "dont worry..guddi bhi bahut bright hogi..."nidhi smiled n said"per sir bahut naughty hai...roz naya naatak"!! Dr dubey mocked seriousness n said"mujhe pata hai..kis pe gayi hai..."!! And nidhi held her ears as dr dubbey laughed!!!
Dr ashutosh was tired after a long surgery and when he finally entered his cabin...he smiled as he saw the red rose...he took it up and put it in his coat pocket...but not before holding it to his lips...n drove home...not forgetting to stop in hazrat ganj...to buy a big coke a chilled one for guddi ..a 7 up for nishu and a silky cadbury for their mother...
He finally entered home at 8 and nishu ran to him.."hello papa...paani laaoon"?? Ashutosh ruffled his hair and said"naa beta...thanx..baba"??? Nishu replied"nanaji ke sath walk pe gaye hain..."and then all was drowned as guddi entered crying "paaapaaa"and running with nidhi's phone..and nidhi running in hot pursuit...dr ashutosh looked at nishu n both shook their head...as ashu moved deftly and caught his daughter...lifting her up in his arms ...n pulling out the cell...as nidhi took it..."!!
Kaka got tea ...n as aahutosh sipped he asked guddi about her experience at school n she stood up..."oh papa...v bad school...nishu ki mam itti fat hain...ekdum bad...main nahi jaaoongi ..i hate her..."!! Nishu n nidhi looked at her...ashu raised his finger to his lips n then took guddi in his lap"per beta school to jaana hoga...nahi to bhaiyya dr ban jayega...aur tum"??? Guddi smiled"main maggi banaaoongi"!! Ashu laughed and rubbed his beard on her cheek"maggi to free time me banana...kuch to kerna hoga...n padhai to zuroori hai...and agar meri guddi roz school jaayegi to usse roz ...kya milega..."?? Nidhi mocked"ek slap"!! And ashu hushed "no...meri guddi ko to coke milega...aur nishu ko 7 up"!! And as he carried them to the car to get the stuff...nidhi stood at the door lost in their joy...their unending talks...as kaka smiled n commented "kaun manega ki yeh wohi ashu hai"!! And nidhi blushed...
At dinner nidhi served as baba was happy that ashu had convinced guddi about the school...though nidhi said "admission hoga tab to jaayegi..."!! And dr ashutosh said"arre dekhna meri beti harvard jaayegi..."!! Nidhi yawned"haan haan zuroor...kyun nahi...wahi harvard ka last day hoga"!! And guddi yelled eee!!!
Finally as cv baba n dr ashutosh sat sipping tea, nishu arranged his bag for the next day n guddi put her toys in the almirah...nidhi had been teaching her this...n she did it once each day...in return for a kiss from nidhi n ashu...
By the time dr ashutosh entered ; the kids were nearly settled...he kissed both of them...n put the lights out...as he returned to the bedroom ...
Nidhi was applying cream on her neck..he took some and began massaging her neck..."chodiye bhi...buttering band kariye..."and got up...ashutosh smiled as he pulled out the chocolate from his coat pocket..."yeh bhi nahi khaogi"!! And nidhi poted as he peeled it and gave her a big bite...nidhi sat in his lap...eating the chocolate ...n telling him all the happenings of the day...till he finally said"ab brush karo...nahi to guddi ko bata doonga"!! And nidhi snarled"guddi aapki...i tell you mera khoon suck ker liya aaj isne...pata nahi school jayegi bhi ya..."ashutosh smiled as nidhi went into brush...and when she returned...she saw ...her husband almost asleep with his specs on...she sat ...looking at him...uninterrupted. ..and then slowly took off the specs n kissed his cheek...dr ashutosh put his arms around her n pulled her close..."thak gayi...?? I know guddi trouble karti hai...but dont worry jaayegi school...mai bhejunga na"!! Nidhi laughed "achcha to kya karenge aap...kaise bhejenge"?? Ashutosh smiled"gussa karoonga ..daantoonga"!! And nidhi laughed"jaaiye bhi...aap aur bachchon ko kuch kahein?? Sara gussa to buss mere liye hai"!! And dr ashutosh sat up"come on...ab kahaan daant padti hai ..."nidhi pouted"haan 2 din ho gaye...record hai..hai na"!! And dr ashutosh seemed to have that far away look...in his eyes..."taqleef hoti hai mere gusse se..."?? And nidhi cuddled "no...jaanti hoon...aapko bhi aur aapke gusse ko bhi...ab so jaaiye ...abhi energy save kariye ..olympics jjeetna hai..guddi ka"!!
"Nidhi...whats wrong..u r limping..."said ashutosh as he saw nidhi coming from the lawn after nishu went to school with col verma..."woh kal ..school me..phir opd...thodi swelling hai ...theek ho jaayegi ..chaliye naha leejiye"...but dr aahutosh pulled her to bed n raised her gown to see her legs...as he pressed the lower part...he said"take it easy today...woh dr rajiv aayega na aaj"?? Nidhi replied"arre haan...he didnt turn up yesterday...wonder why"!! Ashutosh frowned "if he doesntvturn up today...he d be out..."!!
"E mail aa gayi...kal morning me gai guddi ka interview...plz surgery nahi rakhiyega aap..."!! Ashu nodded and served poha in nidhi's plate...and as she came in to get ready...he took out her walking shoes "kuch din yeh pehno...aaraam milega pairon ko..."!! And nidhi smiled...so many years with him had taught her to experience his subtle but powrrful ways of his love...a love that grew stronger by the day...a love that had not been eclipsed by age or work...a love that grew stronger each day...that blossomed in the smiles of their kids...that was mirrored by the happiness of their home...a love that was reflected in the relaxation of his own self...and in the way he said"nidhi makhan nahi lagaogi kya"?? Even when bread n butter lay right in front of him...
Posted: 8 years ago
just posted something to prevent the topic from locking sorry
Originally posted by Sonu12345

just posted something to prevent the topic from locking sorry

Thanks but there was no need of that at present. And plzz no more comments here. 
This story thread will be back soon... ! 
keep waiting.. !

My Papa the best..

To all my friends who have waited for so long...
I too missed nishu guddi n baba armaan..so here we go ..off to Guddi's interview..
"Dr Ashutosh. .jaldi chaliye na..its 8.30.time nikal jaayega..aur yeh mahraani aapki..kab mood bugad jaaye miss sahiba ka"! Baba laughed as Dr ashutosh  emerged wearing his grey coat n holding his lil princess's hand "waqt nahi niklega..waqt humare haath pe nahi..haath me hota hai..yeh maine seekha hai zindagi se..chalo ab.."and baba smiled recalling the lines that he had said to Ashu imploring him to stop nidhi from going to Europe..it seemed ages back...now nidhi was not only in this house..she was the fulcrum of it...
Dr Ashutosh made Guddi sit on the back seat and as nidhi settled ..he started the car..seeming very calm..he too was a trifle nervous at what his sprightly daughter may do ...Nidhi patted his hand..trying to say "don't  worry..we d manage her"!!Guddi at the back seat .looked out of the window n pointed to the red board of McD!!"papppa...burger"!!and Ashutosh  replied "dekho beta..its closed ..when we return..tab khana..ok"??and Guddi pouted v much like her mother n said"ok"!!
Ashutosh sat with Guddi standing in between his long stately legs and asking him innumerable  questions as they waited for their turn..and nidhi silently admired the intelligent  queries of the barely 3 year old.."papa..who will optate your patients abhi"??and Ashu smiled"operate beta..aaj dr Nagpal..another dr will look after..main yahaan hoon na apni Guddi ke paas.."and the doll smiled..
The next question was a shocker "papa..why the school has no mc D..sab kitta enjoy karte.."nidhi looked at her husband  ..the great neurosurgeon  stumped by his daughter's  query..before Guddi could throw more bouncers..her name was called out..n the trio entered..
It was not often that dr Ashutosh remembered God..but this was one of those moments ..
The principal n the vice principal smiled..they knew the couple well..and as nidhi gave the papers..they kept them aside n said"we know ..you are parents of Ateet Mathur..a wonderful boy"and Ashutosh  seemed a lil more relaxed..
The vice principal asked Guddi to recite a rhyme..n she serenaded "baba black sheep..."and as she ended..the duo clapped..and then Guddi was asked to pick colours from a box of multicoloured  balls.."purple..pink..white.."but when the teacher said "maroon"the imp smiled n ran to her dad..n held his lovely maroon tie!
The modalities  seemed over..and as they got up..Guddi turned around and smiled..bowed with her frock frills duly spread n bewitched the principal..and as she handed her a cadbury silk..Guddi smiled n said"this mumma eats..i have coke..only coke or pepsi"and the principal  broke into a laugh...as she commented.."dr Ashutosh. .all credit to you n your wife..inspite of the age gap..ur kids are happy n uncomplicated. .you have made a happy home..good"and Ashu nidhi smiled..Nidhi wanting to leave before Guddi or her dad could throw any of their temper tantrums...but lil Guddi was in no hurry  for she asked"mam..i selected or no:"??the vice principal smiled and asked why..had her parents scared her...Guddi gave a cute dimpled smile n said"no...agar select ho jaaoo gi to..mama said McD..."and the principal  asked"and if you are not selected then Ashni:"??Guddi looked at her dad..n held his hand ..as she threw her trump card..."not selected..to papa will take to McD"!!😛😛😳

"See beta..mcD is still shut..evening mei chalenge pukka.."said dr Ashutosh as he kissed guddi who was now in the front seat while nidhi smiled from the back seat..
As they reached home n Guddi ran out to baba waiting for her...he hugged her..though found it difficult to lift her..he asked"kya hua nidhi..admission"??nidhi smiled n pulled guddi's nose n said"aapki Guddi bahut good girl thi...but shaam taq pata chalega.."and Guddi ran in to ask for a relaxing pepsi from maxi.."fo na didi..kitta difficut exam tha..tension ho gayi..tired hoon.."she sat on the sofa ..with eyes closed n head thriwn back..imitating her father...as Ashutosh  nidhi looked at her..n Ashutosh  remarked"Drama Queen"!!
"Dr Ashutosh ...in"??the knock at the door made ashu drawl.."come in plz"!it was a handsome dandy looking young man ..dressed in jeans n tee shirt ..who could have been taken for a university  student..had it not been for the stetho in his hand...Dr Ashutosh  raised his eyebrow..and took a deep breath"so you are Dr Khatri.." the young man nodded n extended his hand"yes sir..i am Dr Rajiv Khatri..n i am sorry i am late..actually i was on a hiking trip to Himachal..got stuck.."Dr Ashutosh worked a smile n said"so..doc if you have got unstuck..may i introduce you to your duties.."the young man stood in attention..withdrawing his hand n said"sure sir..i am ready.."!
Dr Ashutosh rung the bell and called dr Ranganath  n said"he is our administrator n senior dr Ranganath  ..the back bone of KGH.."and as the two shook hands ..dr Ashutosh  continued n said"dr Ranganath..dr khatri d be taking the general OPD along with dr nidhi..n dr nidhi will now devote more time to the kids ward..is it clear.."?dr Ranganath  nodded "absolutely  sir..id introduce him to dr Dubey n then of course dr Nidhi..and also show him his cabin.."Ashutosh nodded and then added"also introduce him to our dress norms plz"!dr Ranga  had a tongue in cheek smile as he looked at the low waist jeans of Dr Khatri!
"This is dr Khatri..dr nidhi"as Ranga introduced ..dr nidhi ..dressed in her green kurta n purple churidaar ..with tiny pearl danglers smiled..her hair flying as she smoothened them..and Dr Khatri was close to being swept off his feet...when nidhi added"hi..i am dr nidhi..nidhi Ashutosh "!Dr Khatri seemed nonplussed  as he looked at Dr Ranganath  who smiled n said"yes..she is our star general practitioner n also the wife of THE dr Ashutosh "!!
Dr Khatri seemed a bit flustered ..as he whispered to Ranga  "sir are you sure..."!!and nidhi batted her eyelids n joked "will get our marriage certificate  n kuds tomorrow...ab OPD mei chalein..ya aap dr Ashutosh  se kuch clarify karenge..humari shaadi ke baare mei"!!!
Posted: 7 years ago
Guddi's day out...

To 
My dear friend Jayasree..n i am really sorry that i couldn't make it earlier!
Plz forgive me!
"Dr Ashutosh..yippieee"!!it was an exuberant  nidhi who gate crashed into dr Ashutosh's cabin without the customary knock but froze to see him raise his eyebrow a lil sternly and the two other  drs from IMA seemed to be a little shocked..as nidhi froze in her steps n said"i am sorry..i didn't  know you were busy..sorry"!and as she was retracing her steps ,dr Ashutosh  called her back n asked "since you have come..you can tell me what is it..anything important "??and nidhi smiled ..pushed her hair back n controlling the excitement in her vouce ,said"Guddi ka admission ho gaya!!!i just got the e mail..kal se join karna hai..i d shop from the evening store at the school when i go back..aap to busy honge.."!Dr Ashutosh  smiled..as he looked at his watch.."no..id be over in half an hour ..n i mean half an hour and then we d go together..you may send your car home...n now can we continue..dr nidhi"??and nidhi smiled ..trying to be as formal as possible..and smiled courteously and withdrew as Dr Ashutosh  stood for a second..smiling to himself n then turned to his colleagues.."actually our daughter has made it to nursery..so nidhi is so excited"!!and then continued ..not bothering about the reaction of the two senior men!love had taught him not to bother about what people said..if they judged him adversely..it was their problem...not his..he was happy n busy..afterall he had to go n shop for his daughter's first day at school!!
"Arre waah ..aap to sach much aa gaye..main to abhi maggi kha rahi thi"!it was a surprised nidhi who said this as dr Ashutosh  appeared in the canteen..looking for her fervently. .he looked at his watch n said"chalo sshop kahi band na ho jaaye"!and quaffed off the coffee as nidhi gulped down the maggi n as she paid quickly ..he took out his white hankey n wiped her lips..that were stained yellow with maggi ..and nidhi giggled as they hurried down the alley..the alley that had seen their love grow..n mature across all hurdles!
Dr Ashutosh asked"koi list banaai hai.."nidhi nodded "they have mailed everything. .we just have to buy ..n pay..card hai na..waise mere paas bhi hai.."!dr Ashutosh  laughed  n said"cash card..sab kuch hai.."!n nidhi pouted"haan aapki princess ka sawaaal jo hai..mujhe to lag rahaa tha reject ho jaayegi"!!Ashutosh  shook his head n said.."tum dekhna..shed be as bright as Nishu..bus usse focussed rakhna hoga...she is a very naughty child..tumhari tarah..ziddi hai..jis cheez pe mann aa gaya woh to le ke maanegi.."nidhi pouted.."aap koi cheez nahi hain..aur aapke alaawa mera mann kisi cheez pe nahi aaya"!
Ashutosh smiled n parked the car as they entered the book store ..they had expected it to be desolate but it was teeming with people..and nidhi and ashutosh stood ..tried to call out to the sales person but there was confusion galore till finally nidhi said"aap yehin rukiye..main jaati hoon.."and squeezed her way through..and Ashutosh stood behind trying to see what she was doing...
It was an anxious 20 minutes later that nidhi emerged loaded with two bundles ,brown paper ,labels ..water bottles round her neck n tiffins under her arms!!
Ashutosh immediately took the bundles and she heaved a sigh of relief...as they made their way to the car...
"Itti saari books ..bechaari Guddi"!said dr Ashutosh  n nidhi laughed"there are 2 sets..one for home n  one for school.!!aakhir scribble karegi kitta..omg..mujhe to darr lag raha hai abhi se"!!dr Ashutosh held her hand for a moment n said"dekhna apni books achche se rakhegi..she s a sensible kid...bus usse abhi uski boundaries samajhni hain..thats all"!!and then questioned"yeh water bottles n tiffins why two..."??and nidhi smiled.."nishu ke liye...mujhe humesha lagta hai iss badmaash ke chakkar me woh neglect na ho jaaye"!!and Dr Ashutosh looked at her..with emotions betond words..how his child woman had evolved. .into a wonderful n sensible mother...he could not but smile as he hummed "yeh kahaan aa gaye hum yu hi saath saath chalte"!!and nidhi interrupted "McD tak aa gaye..rokiye na...burger time"!!and dr Ashutosh  knew he could not fight this demand..he had to yield!!
"Papppa"!!it was an exuberant  Guddi who ran into the open arms of Ashutosh as nidhi looked at him with his daughter in his arms ..the only other girl in his life...and just as Nishu came from the study..Ashu held him too n then as Guddi wriggled out to hold the packets of books ..nidhi caught her"rukiye mahrani..dinner ke baad...aur pata hai..school from tomorrow"!!and as Nishu clapped ,Guddi looked aghast for a moment..but nidhi took her.."bahut mazaa aayega..papa bhi aayenge pick karne..ya drop karne..if u are a good girl..bolo to meri guddi"??and Guddi smiled ..a lil apprehensively!!but then squealed with joy to see the burger packet!
As the family finished dinner..Armaan asked "nidhi..kal se kaise manage hoga..guddi aur nishu ke timing to different honge shaayad"??Nidhi nodded"haan armaanji..subah mei to..."dr Ashutosh  interrupted "main drop ker diya karoonga dono ko..pick up ke liye baba ya col verma n cs"??nidhi nodded as armaan smiled "whatever suits you..but i can always pick or drop..kids..jab bhi zaroorat ho..."!!and baba patted him..aa he said"arre tu ne to ashu ko sambhala hai..to uske bachchon ko kyun nahi sambhalega bhala"!!and nishu hugged his chacha!!
As the kids sat around Ashutosh seeing him cover the books of Guddi..n nidhi arranged her maroon tunic n checked shirt,packing spare panties ,as had been instructed by the school..n Guddi caressed her books n said ."papa ..name..ASHNI"!!and ashutosh kissed her cheek as Nishu corrected "Guddi..ur name is ASHNI MATHUR"!and Guddi giggled finding it quite funny!
The books n bag were ready..the uniform was pressed n laid out..when nidhi said"chalo ab ninni time..early uthna hoga beta..school time..aur tiffin me kya le jaayegi Guddi"??Guddi looked confused..but as she saw the attractive Disney tiffin..she said"burger..."n nishu laughed his head off as he said"only on friday.."as nidhi explained"beta you can't  take maggi or burgers..not allowed"n Guddi seemed shocked..as Nishu coaxed her "Guddi sandwich..."n she nodded as finally nidhi changed her n she looked at her uniform before going to her room..n then she suddenly turned and ran to her parents hugging nidhi tight.."mamma"!!and nidhi bit her lip..realising that their daughter was having nerves!!
Ashutosh took Guddi in his arms n said"beta..school me bahut fun hoga..and meri Guddi padhegi..tabhi to aage badhegi.."and he carried her to bed...patting her as she played with her teddy..and slowly her eyes drooped ..just like nidhi's  and ashutosh caressed her hair..his fingers entangling in her curls ..n then as he came to nishu who was reading "adventures of Noddy"and as he looked at his dad;he shut his book n smiled..n said"papa..dont worry..school ne..lunch time..id go n see Guddi.."!Ashutosh patted his responsible son n added a word of caution"no beta..tumhe dekh ke aur rone lagegi..you just focus on your studies..koi problem hogi to her teacher would contact you"!!
Ashutosh switched off the light..n came into his own bedroom..and wasn't surprised to see nidhi looking out of the window...With his clothes for the morning laid out on the sofa...Ashu stood n hugged her from behind..as she held his hand n said wistfully..."kitti jaldi badi ho gayi na Humaari Guddi...abhi kal hi to..."!and ashutosh turned her around and said"yes kal ki hi baat to lagti hai..jab tumne good news di thi...nishu ki...aur phir...london ki woh subah..."and nidhi wiped her tears.."kal royegi bahut...aap rahenge naa...koi surgery.."??Ashutosh  smiled n said"dont worry. .sab arranged hai..subah drop karne chaloonga zuroor..."and for once nidhi was speechless n overwhelmed as she hugged her husband..her rock of Gibraltar. .her life...
"Chalo Guddi..jaldi se ready ho jaao..come on.."it was nidhi hurrying up the lil imp around as she too co operated running after her mother..holding her panty n shirt in her hand..as Ashutosh said"i d go n drop nishu"!nishu was ready..nidhi had kissed him n handed the new lunch box with aandwiches as he had replied"dont worry..mamma..aap Guddi ko dekho..ok..i am fine..main to ab big boy hoon na""!and nidhi had cuddled him..and then got busy with Guddi..
It was at 7.50 that lil Guddi emerged in her uniform complete with maroon socks n black shoes..her thick curly hair combed n clipped in a black bow..n as she saw baba..she ran to him..and he carried her to the breakfast table..as nidhi put her favourite maggi in front ..Guddi clapped in delight..n began to eat..as nidhi quickly put the bib around her..just as maxi got her milk n bournvita..
Dr Ashutosh arrived and got Guddi's  bag ..putting it on her young shoulders..n the bottle around her neck..as she showed him the labels..n her I card with ger pic.."dekho papa..me ASHNI MATHUR..GUDDI"! As she said bye to baba n maxi..n Armaan walked in with a big choco box saying "afternoon me jab humari Guddi aayegi to yeh chocolates khaayegi..tired ho jaayegi na baby..ita bhari bag utha  ke"!!and ashutosh  agreed as nidhi admonished  "sab bachche uthate hain..aur yeh to poori kingkong hai..koi thakegi wakegi nahi"!!
Dr Ashutosh sat with Guddi in the front seat ..n nidhi took the back seat..as kaka ran with dahi cheeni n said"meri guddi kha le to..."and Guddi licked it off saying"v nice kakaji..aur dena"!!and nidhi slapped ger head"hey bhagwaan..woh sweet dish nahi prasad tha...chalo ab nahi to late ho jaaoge"!and the bmw started with the princess going to her school...her dad..the world famous neurosurgeon putting everything on the backburner to take his daughter to school!!
As the car stopped,nidhi got down..n opened the door but Guddi didn't  get down...then dr Ashutosh  came around n opened his arms..and almost immediately she rushed into them..as he carried her till the school gate..nidhi following them..at the gate the teacher instructed politely but firmly "plz put the child down"and Ashutosh made her stand..adjusting her tunic and as nidhi caressed her hair..the teacher held her hand n said "hullo Ashni..now say bye to ur parents.."and ...Guddi looked at Ashutosh n then at nidhi..her face puckered  her big eyes dwelled up with tears as she cried..."papppa...mammma"!!and the teacher called the aayah who kind of lifted her much as Guddi cried n wailed..she was taken away...nidhi spoke with an effort.."mam..plz take care..if there is an urgency phone us"!the teacher smiled n replied"she seems a pampered kid..Don  worry..she d adjust..n we will give u updates about her at 9 30..plz come n pick her at 11sharp"!nidhi nodded n left..as dr Ashutosh  started the car in silence n then looked at his watch..8.35...another gr for the update..update of his Guddi..
Nidhi pushed her tears back..as Ashutosh held her gand and said..i d go straight to kgh..so that i can be free for picking her up...kum se kum aaj to..."nidhi nodded as she saud"Guddi roti hai to...buss jaan nikal jati hai..yaad hai jab reaction hua tha...kitti mushkil se bachi thi..."!Ashu caressed nidhi's hand as he said"dont worry..theek rahegi..11 baje to aa jaayegi waapas.."n nidhi added"haan..mera dimmaag khaane..."smiling from behind her tears...as Ashutosh  said"roti ho to bilkul Guddi jaise lagti ho..."!
Guddi aka Ashni mathur sat on her red chair n table as she held on to ger bag n water bottle refusing to part with them..and it took a lot of cajoling from the teacher to makw ger give the copies..
As the teacher explained the lil kids about the school..Guddi jept looking around n when the teachwr addressed her n asked"Ashni..are you liking the school..do u like me"??Guddi kept quiet n on being asked again replied loud n clear"No..all bad..i want go home...mammma pappa paaas"and before she could start crying again the wise teacher called out for a clap game..and in the process began to teach counting...as the other kids complied..Ashni yawned n said"i know..all..12345...
"N went on till the teacher stopped her..n asked"ashni...do u want to make friends...see look at that boy..ARAV..come you can sit with him.."!Guddi eyed aarav woth suspicion..n then as he smiled she asked"Aarav..u like maggi"??n Aarav replied"yesss"and a friendship was struck...
At 9 dr ashutosh kept checking his cell but there was no update ...he went to nidhi..busy in opd..n she too shook her gead..he sighed...just as his cell beeped..
"ASHNI OK..HAS EATEN HER SANDWICH "Ashutosh smiled as his eyes met nidhi's  n conveyed the welfare of their daughter...all seemed at peace..as dr Ashutosh  returned to the wards..but with an alarm for 10.45!he had to go to pick hus daughter up..his darling..from her first say at school...
"Yes now we would study..."said the teacher but Guddi stood up.."wash hand.."showing ger hands that had butter on them..the teacher seemed at ger wits end as she spoke a lul strictly.."Ashni stop it..will u..."!and all hell seemed to have broken loose as Guddi looked at her n then cried ..loudly..collecting ger things..n crying"my papaaa...call..home ..me go..."ansd the teacher knew she had a tough job at hands...just then the kind principal was on the round and seeing Guddi yell...she came in n looked at her n the teacher...as the reacher complained"Ashni mathur..v demanding kid..."!the principal smiled..as she held out a hand to guddi...n she looked tentatively before holding it...her big eyes full if tears..as she tried cleaning her face with the lovely kaced gankey that her mammma gad given...
Dr Ashutosh peepwd into the crowded opd ..n walked in"nishi..ek second"he held her by the elbow..as the nurse looked ..n said"i d go to get ger..n drop ger home..baat kar lena baad me..ok"??nidhi nodded..how she wanted to leave the opd n run to her daughter...but the cgains of duty had bound her..the discipline n devotion of being a dr..as taught by her dean..now ger husband..
Dr Ashutosh drove fast..feeling the chocolate that he had got for her in the mirning itself..he paused to quickly buy a cold pepsi...n reached school just in the nick of time...
Kids were coming out ..one by one...well behaved n organised...Ashutosh recalled nishu's first day..how sedate he had been...n then he suddenly geard rather than saw thumping feet and lil Guddi stood there ..with the bag around her back n the bottle around her neck..her eyes red with tears...Ashu gulped...as he went down on his knees n opened his arms...n lil Guddi ran into them crying "papppa..."and dr Ashutosh closed his eyes as he cuddled his treasure in his arms...