Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Suvika. thumbnail
Visit Streak 365 0 Thumbnail Anniversary 11 Thumbnail + 7
Posted: 10 years ago
A week passed by,nidhi was now well into the fifth month,dr ashutosh had taken her for her fortnightly check up n dr sudhir seemed satisfied.Her wounds had nearly healed,but the skin was still quite tender n so dr ashtosh still restrained himself from making love to her..though the desire was palpable but..again care took precedence..as always.
It was friday night ,when hiraman got an urgent call that his nephew was unwell n so he had to leave,though v unwillingly.,but ashu n armaan assured him that they d manage n he said he d be back in two days..
Nidhi also did the cooking.,it was just that she couldnt bend..n needed help which usually was baba!!
Dinner was cooked the next day by nidhi n armaan,bhindi,aaloo dum n parathe..the four some enjoyed n ashu cleard the table.
When he entered the bedroom,nidhi was in her gown n ready to retire..suddenly she said"oh mai doodh peena to bhool hi gayee...""par mai nahi bhoola.."armaan said from the door..standing with a glass of milk.."arre thank you armaanji..aap bhi sochte honge ki kahaan phas gaya"said nidhi...armaan caught her nose n said"mai kahaan phasaa..phasaa to bechaara ashu hai..."!!!!n all three laughed..
Ashu settled nidhi n then got his violin..it had become a daily routine that he d play a beautiful tune to put the baby n nidhi tosleep..today he played his favourite number..yeh kahaan aa gaye hum yuhi saath saath chalte...the words rang so true as he looked back at his long desolate years in this very room..where now his loving young wife shared his bed,his joys n sorrows..n very soon a baby cot would also be required..ashu couldnt help smiling at his good fortune as he got up to keep the violin n then slid beside nidhi..putting his right hand on the baby bump..he 
looked at nidhi..lovelier than ever in her blue gown..ashu so much wanted to slide his hand inside n feel her..unleash his 
passion..but then it d be prudent to wait for a day or two more..the skin was tender...he d check again tomorrow..thought 
dr ashutosh..
Nidhi's "uhuun.."awakened ashu..putting on his specs he saw the time.2.45 inthe night..he looked at 
nidhi..opening her eyes.."dr ashutosh..""kya hua..dard hai?"asked a paranoid ashu...putting his hand inside the gown to 
feel for the baby's movements..but baby seemed still."kya hua nidhi..bolo"asked ashu lovingly..
Nidhi spoke.."dr 
ashutosh..."as ashu drew her close trying to share her pain.."mujhe dard nahi ho raha..bahot bhook lag rahi hai...hunger 
pangs.."dr ashutosh burst into a laugh.."to boliye madam,kya khaayengi aap"?nidhi pouted n said.."mai to kuch bhi kha 

leti ..par aapke baby ko pulao khana hai..with kissmiss n veggies..abhi ke abhi.."
Ashu scratched his head..he did not know how to make pulao...it was too late to ring up db,kaka was away..n he understood that these were pregnancy cravings for food..
Ashu onned his tab..the tab that nidhi had given him long time back..n went into the kitchen.."chaliye na mai help kar doongi.."said nidhi..but ashu said"nahi,aaj baby ko pata to chale ki papa kaisa khana banate hain"
Ashu looked for the frying pan n cooker..soaked the rice,cut the veggies n while chopping onions,he made a small cut on his finger but as it was minor he just washed it,..he was careful about the salt..n while the pulao was cooking..ashu seemed to be restless with excitement n joy..
He got the hot pulao with curd into the bed room..n helped nidhi to sit up..nidhi didnt seem to need any encouragement..she was clearly famished..infact ashu had to tell her.."slow nidhi..plz slow"
Suddenly nidhi saw ashus finger bleeding.."yeh kaise kata"?said she keeping the plate away.."woh kuch nahi abhi kat gayaa thoda sa.."but nidhi took his finger n sucked it..trying to soothen with her saliva..ashu asked.."yaad hai honeymoon pe..jab phool todne me chot lagi thi ,tab bhi tumne aise hi..."n nidhi blushed..remembering those early days of physical intimacy.
Ashu put a band aid at her insistence..n as nidhi gave him a thanku kiss..he came n slept..lost in the dreams of their bundle of joy...
Next morning,ashu was going to the market when nidhi said.."plz mujhe bhi le chaliye..plz,gadi se nahi nikloongi.."ashu smiled n helped her into the car..
At the hazrat ganj crossing as they stopped at the red light ,a sweet little girl of about 5 years came close n began to bang nidhi's door ..nidhi,lowered her glass to look at the child..so cute..but clearly uncared for..where were her parents..A troubled nidhi looked at ashu but just then a man,presumably the father came n lifted her up..n zatack..gave her a tight slap..ashu was shocked"are..maar kyun rahe hain is bachchi ko..?"the man replied.."to kya karoon iska..maa mar gayee jab ye hui..akele paal raha hoon,puncture ki dokan hai,wahaan se idhar udhar bhaag jaati hai..pata nahi kyun merre gale pad gayee.."the man dragged the crying child..the light turned green ..n ashu had no option but to drive on..nidhi tried to hold back her tears as ashu too was clearly distraught..
They returned with the veggies..n armaan n ashu cooked the lunch..aarhar daal,chaawal n aaloo parwal with boondi raita..
Armaan observed nidhi was a little lost .."kya hua nidhi!"he asked.."kuch nahi..bas sona chahti hu"replied nidhi.
When ashu came in ,nidhi was asleep..he too settled in for his siesta..a luxury after a week of hardwork..
Ashu was awakened by a low sound of sobbing..he got up..looked around..nidhi,her back towards him was crying..slow,heart breaking sobs..."hey,kya hua sweet heart..phir taqleef hai.."?ashu asked,feeling the baby,..nidhi shook her head to say no.."to kya hua bolo ..kya...'it suddenly struck ashu..."nidhi,kya tum us bachchi ke bare me soch ..." n nidhi seemed to break down,tears streaming down,she tried to speak between sobs..
"Jaante hain..meri aur aapki dono ki hi maa ..nahi thi...us bachchi ko dekh ke mujhe ..."n ashu held nidhi to his chest..the insecurities of a motherless child.."mujhe darr lagta hai dr ashutosh..."ashu looked into her eyes.."kis baat ka darr ,jaan..bolo?.mujhe"nidhi contd"darr lagta hai agar..agar mai mar gayee delivery me..to humara baby bhi..bina maa ke..palega..kaun paalega usse...kya hoga uska..dr ashutosh..bataaiye na..aap paal lenge na usse akele..ya ..gussa karenge.."ashu hushed her ,realising,.the image of the angry father was haunting nidhi.."nidhi,tumhe kuch nahi hoga..i promise..i will be with you in the labour room...mujh pe faith nahi hai.."comforted dr ashutosh..but nidhi,deeply troubled ,wanted assurances.."nahi oar agar..jaise meri pregnancy tough hai n i know delivery mei risk hai..to bataaiye..aap pyaar kareinge na..usse..maarenge to nahi?"
Ashu took a deep breath,held her n asked.,"nidhi..tumhare baba bhi to itta pyaar karte hain tumhe...kya unhone tumhe maa ki kumi feel hone di.."?nidhi,still sobbing ,clutched ashu.."jaante hain..jab ..jab kerala mei baba,dadibua ne mujhe aapse alag kiya tha...zabardasti...tab mai bahut royee thi apni maa ke liye..woh hoti to.."Ashu couldnt bear it anymore n kissed her on the lips...she kissed back..a kiss of emotional need ..of reassurance..of unflinching support ..in life n in death..
Nidhi contd.."plz..humari beti ko pyaar kariyega..aur jisse bhi woh pyaar kare..ek maa ki tarah reham se samajhiyega usko.."ashu held her close to his heart...realising the yearning ,the need that nidhi felt for the mother she had never seen..
Ashu realsed that he had been so busy fighting his own demons of loneliness that he had never seen the motherless child..in his nidhi..
Ashu kept rubbing nidhis back..as her sobs continued.."nidhi..mai apni beti ko bahut bahut pyaar karoonga..usse samjhoonga..aur nidhi..woh apni maa ke liye kabhi nahi dukhi hogi..kyunki mai tumhe kuch nahi hone doonga..bolo bharosa hai mujhpe.."?
Nidhi smiled thru her tears n said.."jee..apne se zyaada..."sainyaan...

Suvika. thumbnail

Nidhi slept in ashutosh's arms but sleep evaded him..he kept thinking why had he not been able to feel nidhi's insecurities..not realised the extent to which kerela separation had damaged her..not percieved that she missed a motherfigure..specially during these precarious days...probably because he was always thinking of his own inadequacies...he looked down,nidhi cluthched his arm as she slept..like a child..cheeks still wet with tears..ashu kised her on the forehead...sainyaan
In the evening dr ashutosh said ,he had an urgent meeting n so left nidhi with armaan n baba n drove off..
He arrived at col verma's office.He had already inforned his father in law ,who was waiting for him in the cabin..dr ashutosh entered..
"Arre ashutosh,kya baat hai..aap office me milna chahte the"?cv said.ashu touched his feet n then spoke..'"col verma,i wanted to talk about nidhi..as you know she has a difficult pregnancy..n i feel this has precipitated her latent insecurities.."col verma was all ears,as ashu got up n contd. "You know,nidhi misses her..her mother..she needs a mother figure..to help her overcome her fears..more than a doctor can...probably share her own experiences..."ashutosh told him how nidhi had sobbed in his arms.."you know col verma,nidhi hasnt been able to overcome the trauma ..of our separation in kerela..she still clutches me..when she sleeps..she has a deep insecurity that some thing or someone d separate us..probably thats the reason she didnt want to shift with you ,even for a few .."col verma spoke.."ashutosh..what i n bua did in kerela ..was the worst mistake of our life..."
Ashutosh contd "col verma,you n i have to put her fears n insecurities to rest...pregnancy has made her v vulnerable..physically ,emotionally...you know col verma..i cant..just cant see her suffer..infact..i wanted her to abort.."col verma interrupted"nahi ashutosh...loss of the baby d make it worse.."ashu nodded,"i know..that is why i let her keep it..but..,"col verma said"tell me what can i do..."?ashu stared into oblivion n then said.."i feel..aap usse milne zyaada frequently aaya kariye..n yes i feel i will talk to shyaama aunty to counsel her..as a mother..."col verma was surprised at the extent of concern ashutosh had for nidhi...cv rued his misunderstanding of the relationship...Ashutosh got up n said"haan dadibua ko plz ye sab nahi bataaiyega,she will be hurt..youknow..she is nidhis grand mothr..today nidhi needs a mother figure..."
Ashutosh dialled solanki house.
At night,hiraman had returned n they had a relaxed dinner..as nidhisettled,,ashu switched on the lamp.,"padhenge kya.."nidhi asked him.."haan padhoonga,par kitaab nahi..apni biwi ko..."both seemed to recollect the night when nidhi had said"chipke rahiye is 400 rupay ki kitaab se ..apni anmol biwi ko chod kar..."n ashutosh had kept the book away..n made love to her the whole night..till she slept in his arms..literally tired of satisfaction that he brought to her repeatedly,.nidhi blushed at the memory..
Ashu said"chalo,open your gown..let the doctor check.."nidhi replied with a naughty glint"check up ke baad mujhe kya milega..?"ashu pulled her nose n said"madam,mai doctor hoon..jo kuch chahiye apne pati se maangna.."n he checked her wounds..they had healed perfectly..He could make lo...
Ashu brought their marriage album..n both began to see the snaps..of the culmination that was after so much of struggle..the photo of sindoor daan,mangalsutra..n nidhi drew out her mangalsutra n kissed it to her eyes,.the gathbandhan..shyama aunty doing it..n then the bidaai...ashu quickly turned the page..pics of nidhi the bride..at ashutosh's home..n then there was a lovely pic of nidhi sitting on their nuptial bed..waiting for dr ashutosh..she recalled that sarojbala aunty had clicked it when she had come to leave her..on the bed...how nervous nidhi had been..though a dr..n in love..she was nervous anticipating intimacy...
Ashu was reading her thoughts...n he finally spoke.."i know...the first night was so lonely for you.."nidhi looked up n said.."never mind..you r a dr first.."ashu caressed her hand n said.."hey i never got to even have a good look at you in the bridal attire..why dont u wear the lehnga for me today.."?nidhi laughed n said,.."a five months pregnant bride..!!!!" But at ashu's cajoling,she took her attire n changed in the washroom..where ashu placed a chair for her to sit..the lehnga had a huge ghera so it fitted her belly,.but her groeing breast coulnot fit in the blouse meant for a virgin...the zip of the blouse at the back..remained open..vut nidhi covered herzelf with her zari dupatta...as she stepped out..feeling shy n nervous once again..
Dr ashutosh..in his kurta pyjama..looked at her ...n then v carefully lifted her n carried her to their bed...Ashu wanted..every inadequacy..every sad memory of nidhi to be erased..he had realised how lonely nidhi must have felt that night...their first night..
Almost endearingly,ashutosh removed her blouse..n then his hands moved to her lehnga..."so heavy ..but so beautiful...lovely.."he bent his head to kiss the border n then..divested the bride off all her finery..he kissed her all over n then finally on her forehead..as if to say "dont worry,i m always with you.."his lips tasted those nipples once again..so different from what he had kissed on the night at the machaan..his hand moved to her abdomen...my god,nidhi had grown..big!!ashu had learnt to use his fingers on nidhi's navel..n as he did,she moaned in pleasure..he continued..n then moved to explore her womanhood...moist n silky with anticipation...ashu continued to touch her as if it was the first time..nidhi nuzzled at his chest hair..n moved her hands on his back..something that he loved..he seemed to breathe fast..as his hands cupped her breasts..n then he bent to kiss the stab scar..with so much care n tenderness ,that it brought tears to nidhi's eyes..his fingers returned to her navel..pressing it in a way that made her gasp..with ecstacy..n then he probed her womanhood again..nidhi almost cried for him..."dr as..."rest was lost as his lips sealed hers..n he united with her..bringing her to peaks of fulfillment..as he himself felt the surge of joy ...
Ashutosh continued to hold her side ways..his hand still on those lovely breasts..fingers encircling her nipples..nidhi whispered his name..n he came close..really close..n said.."hey,doc..i dont think..i m done with you as yet.."n nidhi blushed..as she began to touch him with her nails ..n he was again working at her navel.,n below..his fingers squeezing her nipples...both culminating in sheer shudder of ecstacy..they finally slept at about 2 in the night..
When nidhi woke up in the morning,she saw ashu had folded her lehnga away,her gown was kept there ..she covered herself with the sheet as she blushed..when dr ashutosh,emerging from the washroom saw her n smiled...sainyaan
Ashu told her that after she got ready,they will go out at 11.30,he didnt say where..n just went out.
Nidhi wore a pink n green kurta with black salwaar..n as she was applying sindoor..she remembered their first morning..when she had gone to baba's house ,leaving ashu sleeping,...n had smeared a little sindoor on the mirror..Her train of thoughts were broken as ashutosh entered..looked at her n wordlessly made her wear her chappals..nidhi again became misty eyed as she saw how her husband cared for her...
After breakfast,ashu n nidhi left.nidhi asked in the car"kahaan ja rahe hain.,"?"abhi pata chal jayega.." 
Nidhi was surprised as they entered her favourite restaurant Rice Bowl n was further surprised to see shyama aunty waiting.ashu touched her feet sat n they had cofee..n chatted a little,then he got up n saod"nidhi tum aur aunty baatein karo..i will come n pick you up at 1.30 ok..?"nidhi nodded..Ashu stopped at the manager n told the bill would be cleared by him when he returned..
Shyama aunty looked at nidhi n said.."nidhi ,beta..kaisa lug raha hai maa banna.."?slowly nidhi began to talk of her pregnancy..n shyama being wise n as she had already been briefed by dr ashutosh over the phone..drew nidhi out well,shyama aunty narrated the difficulties she had faced when she had been expacting anji..n then about the physical changes that occur..finally she held nidhi's hand n said.."beta..darr mat..mai teri maa to nahi hoon par pyaar bahut karti hoon.."nidhi couldnt hold back her tears..she asked so many questions..though she knew as a dr..but here she was seeing a mother.."how painful will it be""do you think i will be able to push hard enough.."n aunty had sensible answers for ll questions..nidhi suddenly felt she had got athe security that a pregnant daughter needs...
Thereafter they had veg fried rice n manchurian..n just as they were finishing ,dr ashutosh arrived..the relaxed look on nidhi's face gave him all the answers..shyama aunty got up to leave and told "dr ashutosh,iss baar nidhi ka check up hoga to mai bhi chaloongi saath me.."n nidhi held her hand as ashu looked gratefully at aunty.
While driving back,ashutosh asked.."kya hua bahut chup ho...".nidhi held his hand on the gear n said.."thank you..dr ashutosh..mujhe mamta ki chaaon me laane ke liye.."..sainyaan

Suvika. thumbnail

Nidhi was seeing shyama aunty quite often now,a few times cv n dadibua also came.db got new wool n nidhi was making booties for the baby ..late january would br v cold in lucknow...she was trying designs from the books given to her by shyama aunty but she thought they were tougher than her M.B.B.S books!!!!Baba n she used to have lunch together n nidhi really thought herself to be blessed to have a father in law like him..he really doted on nidhi..n the memory of how he had tried for ashu nidhi's marriage..made her love him even more.Armaan was busy in his business but he mever forgot to bring a glass of milk for her each night...
The one person nidhi seemed to miss was Anji..after her marriage to dr ranganath,all had seemed perfect,but then anji's miscarriage n her shifting to solanki house had been a little disturbing for the couple.Anji was more involved with her job as a fashion consultant in an export house n she seemed to have less n less time for family.Nidhi had tried talking adoption option with anji but she was not interested.Nidhi knew shyama aunty was worried..anji's orthodox inlaws who were on a visit,seemed to make matters worse..were anji n ranganath drifting apart??thought nidhi..as she lay in her bed..feeling her baby

In the night,she asked dr ashutosh,how dr ranganath was?n ashutosh also said,"well ,he is working fine but seems to be under stress...wonder why?"nidhi replied"i have a feeling ,things are not fine between him n anji.."both discussed the fact that the duo did seem in a spot of bother..Ashu encouraged nidhi to call anji the next day n talk to her...
Then ashutosh,applied the coconut butter lotion that he had brought for nidhi,on the stretch marks on her breasts n abdomen..sharing the joy of feeling their child move a little..
In the morning,Armaan said,"kya ashu tomorrow is saturday,lets go somewhere in the evening..how about your favourite allahabad"?Ashu smiled n said,"nahi Armaan,it will be a long drive,200 km one way,i dont feel it will be good for nidhi.."baba seemed to agree"nahi,nahi,itna strain nahi..raaste me kuch problem ho gayee to.."nidhi suggested a movie..but ashu said,"no way,i m not going to risk taking you into a dark p.v.r. people just jostle at the entrance...sorry nidhi"
While the discussion was on,dr ashutosh's phone rang,it was col verma.it seemed someting important,as ashutosh listened intently n then concluded,"its a good idea but let me talk to nidhi's doctor first n then i shall confirm"
Nidhi tugged at his sleeve,"kya hua ,bataaiye na,..baba kya keh rahe the!"Ashu said,"well col verma n solanki sahib r planning a family picnic to the hill top n want us also to join..but i d have to talk to sudhir first.."
Nidhi spoke,"plz.permission le leejiye na,kitna maza aayega,hai na armaanji"?Baba interrupted "nahi nidhi,ashu theek kehraha hai,permission first.."nidhi pouted..ashu patted her on the cheek n left for work.
It was a busy day,with two surgeries n analysis of m.r.i. of a tumor patient..finally at about 5.45 dr ashutosh reached dr sudhir's nursing home
'"Hi ashutosh,hows the little girl"? Greeted dr sudhir.."well so far,so good..fifth month has started...she seems ok...though at times emotionally fragile.."ashu recounted the insecurities of nidhi..n what he was doing to cure them..Dr sudhir smiled..ashu asked 'what is the matter"?sudhir replied ,"nothing..was wondering where did dr hardstone disappear!!!"n both drs laughed.
Ashutosh asked sudhir about the picnic..sudhir ruminated n spoke"i feel she can go,but be careful,n take a comfortable chair for her..you know she needs to be happy n at the same time not overstrained..."sudhir contd."I m glad you came,i was studying nidhi's file..i fear..now on as the baby grows,its going to be painful for her..keep an eye..n if she has a severe bout,call me..n yes,hows her back"?ashu replied,"its ok,but yes since the last two days ache is more,she keeps trying to stretch a little..you know"dr sudhir shook his head.."yup,due to the size of the baby,muscles are tense n cause pain..take care..n keep our fingers crossed.."ashu seemed grim..but sudhir said,"hey,ashutosh..dont panic..you need to take care of her..not panic yourself..chal go on the picnic but tread with caution."
As dr ashutosh reached home,nidhi was waiting ,all excited like a kid,"baat ki aapne dr sudhir se..kya kaha..mil gayee permission..bataaiye na..!"ashu couldnt stop smiling..he backhugged her,as she opened the wardrobe to hang his coat.."haan,mil to gayee but careful rehna hai..no uchal kood.."nidhi smiled n rested her head on his chest as he kissed her forehead...sainyaan
In the evening,shyama aunty rung up to say that the idea was to have ranganath n anji go out..but since they just werent willing to go out alone,a family outing was planned..nidhi discussed the menu..n inspite of dadi bua n shyama aunty resisting,she said shed take veg pulaao n hari matar ki kachoriyaan..as dr ashutosh loved them..all was set...for saturday..
While nidhi n armaan packed food,ashu was meticulous about nidhi's medicines,first aid,b.p instrument.a comfortable chair.. n yes a camera.dr ashutosh wore jeans n black tees ..he smiled as he recalled how in their honeymoon ,nidhi had cajoled him into jeans..at the age of 42!!Now he wore them quite often.nidhi wore a light blue kurta n navy blue salwaar,n dr ashutosh insisted on sports shoes..as she pouted he just kissed her pout ..n that settled the argument.
Armaan helped nidhi to sit carefully as ashu kept all the stuff,baba n armaan settled in the back seat as ashu asked"chalein!"n all said..YESSS
The four cars with dr ranga,anji her in laws,cv,db,cs n solankis started..for the hiltop..stopping enroute..for tea..n by chance it was the same shop where ashu nidhi had had their first cup together ..in the rain..as ashu handed over the tea glass to nidhi..who was shy to get down..her face seemed transfigured with memories..yes adrak wali chaai had played a pivotal role in their love story..
As the short climb to the hill top began,ashutosh rememberd the time mallika had forced him to come here n how she had tried her level best to keep nidhi away from him...ashu glanced at nidhi..she seemed to be in a chirpy mood..surfing on her cell,"kya dhoond rahi ho"?ashu asked.."latest gaane..antaakshari ke liye..ab ye nahi kahiyega ki antaakshari nahi khelenge..bhai anji ranganath ka romance jo karwaana hai.."n all four laughed..
The cars stopped at the green lawns of the peak n everyone came out..ashutosh had to make an effort to help nidhi out..while armaan fixed her chair n said.."aaiye mahrani sahiba,aapka sinhasan ready hai"!!nidhi couldnt help laughing..
Everyone was discussing what to do,when anji said.."i am going for a walk.."n dr ranganath seemed to follow her ,just when his mother shouted,"arre beta,thodi der humaare paas bhi baith ja.."n ranga stayed back..anji seemed angry:(:( baba tried to salvage the situation by saying,"arre bachchon ko ghoomne deejiye,hum boodhe baithte hain..kyun samdhanji?"n db seemed to agree..while anji n ranga went for a walk,cv n armaan tried playing badminton n others chatted..ashu sat near nidhi's feet..looking at her..trying to read her thoughts...
Nidhi was remembering the surprise dr ashutosh had given her after his birthday..how he had set a table for two..played music...n then how she had disappointed him by turning down the idea of motherhood...how silly nidhi had been..thought she..ashu understood she was thinking about the evening n he whispered with guilt.."aakhir meri chaahat,tumhaare paaon ki zanjeer ban hi gayee ,nidhi"..nidhi looked up n said.."correction..dr ashutosh..aapki chaahat,mere gale ka haar ban gayee..humaari zindagi ki bahaar..ban gayee.."n ashu just looked at her..mesmerised..they had indeed come a long way as a couple..sainyaan
Ashu got up n put a cushion behind nidhi n bent to open her shoes..just then..dr ranga's dad spoke up.."bhai,bachche to humaare bhi hue,per humne biwi ke joote chappal nahi uthaaye.."ashu didnt bother but dadibua bristled with rage..baba changed the topic.."arre armaan,beta chal sab walk pe chalte hain.."n all sauntered off ,leaving nidhi n ashutosh alone..nidhi spoke dreamily.,"dr ashutosh,jab baby aa jaayega,to usse yahaan laayenge.."ashu held her hand n said.."zuroor,par usse ek aur jagah bhi le jaayenge,.."nidhi asked..n ashu said"abhi nahi,waqt aane pe bata doonga.."In an hour every one returned,ashu nidhi were surprised to see dr ranga with his parents n anji with solanki saahib..The situation did seem tense..Ashu took the lead n asked.."arre dr ranganath,kya hua..anji aur aap to saath gaye the..phir.."anji chipped in "jeejaji,ye mere saath thodi na aaye hain picnic pe..."n ranga flushed.As chote sarkaar served the food,matar kachori,pulao,dum aaloo n paasta..all seemed to be focussing onfood..dr ashutosh was making nidhi take her juice when nidhi showed ashu that anji was hardly eating.."anji,khaa na,kyun nahi khaa rahi!"said nidhi,before anji could say anything,dr ranga's mother spoke,"khaa lo bahu raani,aur agar ye soch rahi ho ki pati khilaayega,to tumhe bhi apni saheli ki tarah bees saal bade aadmi se shaadi...""amma,chup raho"spoke dr ranganath..ashutosh smiled n said,"jee haan,meri biwi to 18 saal choti hai mujhse...par pyaar ki koi umr,koi seema nahi hoti.."n then added ina lighter vein"aur agar khayaal nahi rakhoon to ho sakta hai gaaye..mai kya karoon raam,mujhe buddha mil gayaa.."all laughed..but the message had been conveyed ..loud n clear..ashu nidhi were not ashamed of their age gap..
Ashu's song set the scene for antaakshari..but teams could not be decided,so it was individual..Baba started with the old no."ore..maanjhi,mere saajan hain uspaar.."n armaan had everyone rolling with laughter as he sang n danced to.."ruk ruk ruk,arre baba ruk,o my darling ,give me a look"...ashu had to sing with ye..n he sang ..looking into nidhi's eyes"ye tera ghar,ye mera ghar,kisi ko dekhna hogar to pehle aake maangle teri nazar meri nazar"...n nidhi recalled what he had told her 6 months back,"jab quile tootte hai tabhi to ghar bante hain.."dr ranga sang "kya se kya ho gaya..bewafa tere pyaar me..."n the scenario seemed pretty morbid,,anji refused to sing..so finally it fell upon nidhi to wrap it up..she said.."yeh gaana..mai dr ashutosh ke liye gaa rahi hoon..but im sure har patni..apne pyaar karne waale pati ke liye gaati hogi..haina anji..."n she began"ab toh hai tumse..har khushi apni..tum pe marna hai zindagi apni..."
Though nidhi wasnt a good singer..by the time she ended..many eyes were misty..
Dr ashutosh helped her wear her shoes..unconcerned at what others thought..n as every one got jp..nidhi was sad to see that anji was lost..in anger..in disappointment.."anji ghar aana..mere pass"said nidhi..n anji nodded..
In the drive back..nidhi slept all the way..tired..when they reached home..ashu woke her up..n helped her in..
As ashu was combing his hair after the bath,there was a knock at the door..he looked up"arre armaan aaja.."ashu helped nidhi to sit up..armaan looked at both of them n spoke.."jaanta hai..ashu,today i really felt proud of you..tum dono ka pyaar misaal hai is samaaj ke liye..jo rishto ko umr..rupiye..paise..biraadri ki zanjeero me jakadti hai..n nidhi..pata hai aaj tujheckya kehne ka dil kar raha hai..!?"nidhi asked.."kya armaan ji??"n armaan withdrew..with a naughty wink..sai something that nidhi hated.."NIDHI.BHABHIJI"n ran off while ashu nidhi burst into laughter...
Outside baba saw,an old silk cotton tree that had been leafless for years was all leaf n orange blossoms were ready to bloom...he smiled..as inside a tired nidhi..played on her cell"pyaase hain naina,tarse saari raina..jinme tu hai basta..haal kyun tu jaane na..sainyaa pehchaane na..."dr ashutosh came n sat next to her..looked into her eyes n said..."jaanta hoon..pehchaanta hoon..sab haal.." 

Suvika. thumbnail

As nidhi settled in she looked a little lost,dr ashutosh looked at her intently n then asked "kya baat hai sweet heart..thak gayee ho bahot?"nidhi said,"nahi thakee to nahi zyaada..bus pareshaan hoon anji ki wajah se.."dr ashutosh spoke while he opened her gown to apply the cream,"yes..pareshaan hone ki baat to hai ..i think we need to talk to anji n dr ranganath..alag ala..lets see..tumhe kya lagta hai.."he asked as he cleaned her navel with an earbud..n turned her delicately to massage n press her back.nidhi said"pata nahi kya baat hai but they are drifting apart,."dr ashutosh spoke ,"to kal anji ko bulaao..i will also talk..if you feel its ok.."nidhi smiled as ashu kissed her n tied the gown..
Next morning was sunday..nidhi tried getting up on her own but ashutosh got up n held her.."kya kar rahi ho..let me help"after she bathed,he driedher n helped her dress..kissing her big breasts before he put the clasp of her bra..nidhi blushed..Ashu smiled "abhi bhi sharam aati hai kya?'"ashu remembered how in the early days nidhi used to lower her eyes when he undressed her..
At breakfast nidhi helped kaka to cook gobhi parathe,fruit salad n then she remembered armaan loved cutlets so she boiled potatoes n made them n as every one sat for breakfast she got some hot ones..armaan was delighted n said "thank you,bhabhi ho to aisi" 
 nidhi said"ek baar aur bhabhi kaha to sirf khichdi milegi.."n all laughed.But then Armaan spoke "actually ashu ,mai soch raha tha..now my work is good ..to i should shift..nidhi pe bahot strain hai.."ashu looked at nidhi..nidhi spoke"ye kahiye..ki ab meri sewa karne ke din aa rahe hain to jaana chahte hain..not fair.."baba interjected "bhai ghar ki raunak chali jaayegi""aur kya..mai kiske saath baatein karoongi..aur baby poochega ki mere chacha kahaan gaye to.."??Armaan said"nidhi,mai aata rahoonga.."nidhi pushed her plate away..tears stinging her eyes.."theek hai ..mera kya huq hai aapko rokne ka.."Ashu stepped in"bhai huq to hai..BHABHIJI ho iski.."as nidhi smiled thru her tears.."haan..nahi jaane doongi..aur aap gaye to mai bhi chali jaaoongi..aur .."n nidhi couldnt hold her tears back,,Armaan stood up'"achcha baba ,nahi jaaoonga..ab to hans do meri nidhi..BHABHI"n all laughed.

Nidhi phoned anji to call her over,she seemed reluctant but finally agreed for lunch.
Dr ashutish got a call from the hospital,as he had to see m.r.i. reports of a patient."nidhi ,i will leave after lunch n then joinu n anji later..ok"?
Anji arrived,looking dull n bitter..lunch was a quiet affair n ashutosh left.nidhi n anji came into the bedroom."bata anji kya hua htere aur dr ranganath ke beech..?"anji smiled in angst.."humaare beech ..kuch hai hi nahi to kya hoga..you know nidhi,i think we were not meant for each other.."nidhi said"arre aise kaise..shaadi hui hai tum dono ki.."anji spoke"har shaadi teri aur jeejaji ki shaadi ki tarah kaamyaab ho..ye zuroori to nahi..kuch rishte marr jaate hain nidhi.."n then slowly anji opened up to explain how dr ranganath was slowly drifting away..n she felt at his parent's behest,..nidhi spoke "par woh aisa kyun karenge?"..anji spoke bitterly.."kyun..bhool gayee..kyunki mai unhe unka grand child nahi de sakti..unke bete ka ghar aabaad nahi kar sakti.."WHAT NONSENSE"spoke dr ashutosh ,as he entered..he looked at anji fondly..as he had a paternal affection for this sweet chirpy girl ,who had helped nidhi when their marriage was facing mallika...
"Haan jeejaji..yahi such hai.."ashu said"i feel tum dono ko apne apne parents ki shadow se nikal ker baahar aana chaahiye..alag rehna chahiye unse..give time to each other.."anji laughed sarcastically.."time??woh mere sone ke baad aate hain room me aur..mere jaagne se pehle...i feel jeejai.Unhe mujhse disappointment hai..bcoz you know.."ashutosh spoke "nahi anji,kisi bhi shaadi ke khushhaal hone ke liye bachche ki zuroorat nahi hoti..shaadi pyaar ke liye hoti hai..kids may or may not happen..important hai ki tum dono ek doosre ka saath chaaho..kids are not the end of the world anji"...nidhi looked at ashutosh..endearingly..recalling how he had held n helped her through the dark period after false pregnancy..he had never shown his pain..even once..but had nursed her emotionally,physically,mentally..when ,inher black moods nidhi d ask him what if she could never give him his blood connect?he d always smile n say"nidhi..meri zindagi me sanse zuroori tum ho..aur kuch nahi..kuch bhi nahi.."it was only his love n unflinching support that had helped her to...n she touched her baby bump with all the love,.
Anji contd,"jeejaji..behtar hai ki hum apni apni zindagi jeeyen..there is no meeting plain between me n dr ranganath..."
Anji left but promised to keep visiting..
Ashu said,"i think i need to talk to dr ranganath..man to man.."nidhi agreed.
In the evening as the fmily sat,ashutosh said a"haan nidhi,mere liye dinner jaldi karwa dena..i ll retire early..kaloperation hai..ek tough..6 baje subah""jee theek hai"baba asked "kya surgery hai beta"?"multiple blastomas in medulla..baba,it d take7 hrs at least..i hope i save him..."nidhi knew like baba..it was a tough call..just like baba's surgery..but ashu d save him...for sure..baba n nidhi smiled as they looked at each other..both had tremendous faith inthe man ..who was their universe..dr ashutosh.
Ashu nidhi retired after an early dinner .just as nidhi was going to off the lights,ashu said hey wait..lotion nahi lagwaana"?nidhi said"chod deejiye,aaj mai khud laga loongi.."ashu spoke,opening her gown,.."baby kahega..paoa to meri mummy kakhayaal hi nahi rakhte.."n he massaged her breasts n abdomen..observing the stretch marksmhis expert eye seeing the baby bump..remembering sudhir's words about bach ache n pain...he examined her to see if she was clean
n then helped her into her gown,kissed her .nidhi spoke"naashte ki taiyaari kar di hai..bas utha deejiyega.."ashu patted her..how she knew all his needs..ashu lay down n surrendered himself to sleep.
Nidhi was suddenly awakened by a jab of pain in her abdomen..she clutched her baby bump..thinking it d pass off,she knew the baby was moving,.she felt v uncomfortable..but she looked at ashu..sleeping soundly..she knew he had a tough day ahead,..n somebody's life depended on his fingers..nidhi must not disturb him..but if she stayed in ,her moans would certainly awaken him..so she had to move out of the room.
With great difficulty nidhi got up,clutching her bump with one hand n holding on to the wall with the other..for support..she wobbled out slowly..as silently as possible..
In the drawing room,she slumped on the sofa..groaning,clutching her baby bump..she tried the breating exercises,lay flat..but nothing seem to be working..the dr in her knew..it was the movements of the big baby..that were wrecking her...she clutched a cushion n dug her nails into it..next she knew she was biting into the cushion..sweating profusely..crying..n then the baby seemed to be stable..as she lay n the cushion fell..it was2 in the night..
Ashutosh turned side n stretched his arm..expecting to find nidhi's soft form..he was shocked to find the side vacant...startled he got up.putting on his specs he saw the watch..4.30 He went to peep in the wash room..missing..he walked out..
What ashutosh saw..made his world fall almost to pieces..Nidhi lay on the sofa..hand still clutching a cushion..he had a closer look..her two nails had broken...must have while she was clutching the cushion..ashu felt her agony..
He bent down n put his hand on her forehead..n her neck..dripping with sweat..
He put his arm under nidhi's waist as she opened her eyes.."arre aap..kya time hai sorry der ho gayee.."ashu held her..strongly n without a word..lifted her with an effort n brought her back to the bed room.."pain bout tha.."?nidhi flinched at the tone of his voice.."nahi bas thoda sa.."ashu sat close.."haalat dekhi hai apni..poori paseene me bheegi hui ho..dard me cushion clutch kiya hoga..dekho nails toot gaye hain chaar..aur kehti ho thoda sa..mujhe uthaaya kyun nahi...akele kaise chali..gir jaati to,.kuch ho jaata tumhe to.."ashu was clearly angry..scared..Nidhi didnt answer..He said.."aise man maani karogi to bhej doonga col verma ke yahaan..aur kabhi nahi laaoonga waapas.."
The moment ashutosh said this,..he regretted it deeply..seeing colour drain from nidhi's pale n tired face..he banged his clenched fist into the wall..why why had he said this..
Nidhi's eyes filled up with tears..as she seemed to turn white..ashu immediately came close n held her.."hey nidhi..i didnt mean it..you know that ..haina?"?nidhi didnt say anything..just remained leaning on his chest..as dr ashutosh held her..dropping kisses on her head.."mai darr gaya tha nidhi..tumhe kuch ho jaata to..mera kya hota..mujhe kyun nahi uthaaya..?bolo"He looked down at nidhi..she didnt say anything.just held on to his kurta..wordlessly..ashu hugged her again..rubbing his hands on her back.."hey nidhi..bolo plz..plz.."
Slowly nidhi's form seemed to trmble with sobs.."maine socha..hu..aapki surgery hai..kisi ki jaan ka sawwal hai.."n she just remained as she was..ashuheld her..closer n said"hey nidhi..mujhe uthaana chahiye tha..akele sab kuch sahaa..itna dard.."he put his fingers in her hair..full of sweat.."abhi kaisi ho..dukh raha hai abhi bhi"?nidhi shook her head to say no.."kuch chahiye?"asked ashu..nidhi looked up n spoke"haan..mujhe apne se door nahi kariyega..mai marr jaaoongi..dr ashuto.."n ashu drowned the rest in his kiss of reassurance.."kahi nahi bhejoonga..tumhe..tumhara ghar ye hai..tum yahin rahogi,,mere saath,mere paas.."n they seemed to unite in their tears..
Ashu pecked,patted,caressed nidhi back to sleep..clipped the broken nails..n kissed the finger tips..After getting ready,he came to baba n briefed him to be extra careful with nidhi..gave him ambulance,emergency no. N dr sudhirs no..
Before leaving,he peeped into his bedroom..nidhi slept..beautiful..resplendant.. n pregnant..his nidhi...dr ashutosh gulped...he had hurt her ..n knew he needed to make amends..as always..ashu gulped..as he had done when he had entered the room coming back from the hospital..the morning after the marriage..sainyaan...
Dr ashutosh left for surgery..determined to come back n make his nidhi feel secure ..make her know as only he could that they were inseparable..today tomorrow n for ever...

Edited by Suvika. - 10 years ago
Suvika. thumbnail

Ashu indeed had a tough job at hand,it was a complex surgery n certainly a touch n go case..as the operation theatre lights were on..ashu tried to push nidhi out of his mind,he had to focus at the job at hand.dr priyanka was his scrub.the problem was to remove the blastomas without damaging the motor responses,by n by,dr ashutosh seemed to succeed n after about 7 hours when he walked out of the o.t,he could smile n tell the relatives of the patient that all was well but the patient would be under observation for 24 hrs.

A tired ashutosh entered his cabin n just as he was dialling home,another emergency arrived,a case of sub dural haemmohrrage.Dr ashutosh was busy for another 4 hrs.At 5 in the evening,he drove home..worried,apprehensive n tense,about how nidhi would be.

As he entered ,baba n armaan were sitting in the drawing room..they looked up.baba said"aa gaya ashu,chai peeyegaa"?ashutosh answered with another question"baba,nidhi...nidhi kaisi hai..kahaan hai woh"?baba said that nidhi was sleeping in her room..."khaana to khaaya per bahut kum..kuch gumsum si thi,waise medically theek thi,b.p. bhi liya tha maine..quite normal but yes udaas lagi..kuch hua hai kya..tum dono mei"??armaan also shot a glance at ashu..but ashu just got up n entered the bed room

Nidhi was indeed sleeping..peacefully..probably the fatigue of pain...dr ashutosh bathed n changed n as he came back to the bed,nidhi opened her eyes..

Ashu tried to read the unusual quietness in the otherwise chirpy eyes..he didnt say anything..just put an arm around her n drew her to himself...though initially tense,nidhi's form gradually relaxed as ashu kept caressing her back in a way of reassurance..that only the two understood.There was no room for words..silence said it all..as nidhi held him n a tired ashutosh drifted into sleep.He was awakened by nidhi,"uthiye,raat ho gayee..khaana nahi khaana"?Ashu awoke n looked around.."tum bhi so gayee thi kya"he asked,n nidhi shook her head "nahi..per aapke paas thi.."n her eyes seemed to dwellup with tears..gracious drops ,that seemed to tell ashutosh what it meant for her to be in his arms..to lie on his chest..it was much beyond physical desire or satisfaction..it made her feel complete..fulfilled..secure.Dr ashutosh just held her hand..n realized some nails were still long..He smiled n said"laao,nails clip kar deta hoon,delivery ke baad badha lena.."nidhi spoke "nahi,ab nahi grow karoongi..usko scratch lag jaayega..."ashu unable to comprehend asked"kisko.."?nidhi smiled n said "aapki beti ko..aur kisko"ashu relaxed at the sight of the smile.

"Chalo aaj dinner yahi bedroom me khaate hain"said ashu n as nidhi tried to get up,he said"ruko,mai laata hoon"

Dr ashutosh laid their dinner on the sofa table n then helped nidhi to come..He took a piece of roti n paneer n fed nidhi..n remembered how he had fed her in this very room when she had remained hungry the whole day bcoz he hadnt eaten the lunch she had brought for him to kgh..how unfair he was..to his nidhi..Nidhi looked at him n slowly touched his cheek.."khaaiye ,aap thake hue honge..lunch bhi nahi kiya tha aapne""tumhe kaise pata.."?said a surprised ashu..nidhi smiled n said"biwi hoon,mujhe nahi pata hoga to kise pata hoga?'
Ashu cleard the dishes n as he was re entering the room,baba looked at him..n smiled..perfect understanding between the father n son.

As nidhi settled in the bed,ashutosh drew his violin,nidhi seemed surprised "arre violin kyun,baby is quite peaceful.."ashu sat n said "aaj violin tumhaare liye..sirf aur sirf tumhaare liye"before nidhi could remember how mallika had invaded their privacy one such night n taken ashu almost forcefully to play for her,ashutosh took her into his arms..n encircling her brought the violin n began to play "teri aankhon ke siwa duniya me rakhha kya hai..yeh uthe subha chale,ye jhuken shaam dhale..mera jeena mera marna inhi palkon ke tale..."nidhi seemed lost in the magical moment..in ashutosh's strong arms..listening to his violin..n as he ended..she seemed to sigh..ashu held her,caressing her hair with one hand n looking into her eyes,he asked"nidhi..I am sorry"nidhi just held his face in her hands n as he bent..kissed him on his forehead..Their love was just too strong now for anything or anyone to shaken it..

In the morning dr ashutosh got up early n took a round of kgh,his patients were doing fine,so he left a note for dr ranganath that he d be coming after lunch n if there was an emergency,then he was always available.

As nidhi woke up,he brought her out to meet baba n armaan n said,"armaan aaj mai nidhi ko thoda baahar le jaa raha hoon,so we will meet at dinner"armaan winked while baba smiled n said"zuroor zurroor,par beta..dhyaan se,aur haan ashu woh anji ka kya..."ashu nodded "ji baba..aaj baat karoonga afternoon mei dr ranganath se..lets see"

Ashu opened nidhis wardrobe n asked"kya pehnogi..bolo"?nidhi said"pehle bataaiye kahaan jaa rahen hain"?ashu evaded the answer..n helped nidhi wear a pretty pink n grey salwar kurta..n just as he was bending to put on her sandles,nidhi stopped him"mat kiya kariye..yaad nahi picnic par.."ashu smiled as he sat on the floor..n held nidhi's feet..n then in a defiant answer brought her toes to his lips..n kissed each finger.."koi kuch bhi kahe,mujhe koi farq nahi padta.."n he made her wear tjhe sandles.
Ashutosh drove nidhi n stooped in front of KIDZ PARADISE the latest baby store in lucknow.He held nidhi's hand n helped her out of the car saying"chalo nidhi lets shop for our baby..jo chaaho..jitna chaaho.."nidhi seemed speechless.."par aap to..kehte the uske aane ke baad hi.."ashu squeezed her shoulder.."nahi,i want to share your excitement,your joy.."nidhi just looked into his eyes speechless..sainyaan..

As they entered the garment section,nidhi said"but dr ashutosh,pink ya blue..hume to pata nahi ..ashni ya nishu"?ashu smiled n put pink as well as blue!!"jo bhi ho..lets take both..."ashutosh was so glad that he had got nidhi to shop for the baby,uptil now he had been evading it..fearing that if they could not carry the pregnancy forward,all the shopping would add to the heart ache..but contemplating today he realised,to make nidhi secire,he had himself to be secure..n not let her be in the shadow of fear..He knew things were not smooth but then as a doctor he had always advised his patients to be positive..it was time he ushered the positivity in their own life too.Nidhi shook him out of the stupor "booties le lein?january me bahut thand hogi.."?ashu smiled"february forst week..par lelo..jo mann hai.."n then as nidhi was picking baby towels n bibs..he looked at feeding bottles.."why bottles..dr ashutosh?i will breast feed my baby.."Ashu looked silently..his thoughts unfathomable..

In the toys section,nidhi was bowled over..she wanted everything..n then looking at a confused ashu ,she asked"jaldi bataaiye,aapko bachpan me kya khilone pasand the..boliye na.."n as ashutosh looked away..not knowing what to say..nidhi realised..she had raked up ashutosh's painful memories..memories of a hungry,unclothed,unprotected childhood..nidhi lowered her eyes n held ashu's arm.."jaante hain dr ashutosh..hum apne baby ko woh sab kuch denge jis se aap mehroom reh gaye..usse aapki saanso ki hawa aur nigaahon ki dhoop me paalenge..uski hansi me aap sab kuch bhool jaayenge..sabkuch"...sainyaan..Ashu put an arm around her n smiled.."achcha..kya tumhe bhi bhool jaaoonga!"?n nidhi pouted happily.

Having paid the bill ,ashutosh got nidhi to moti mahal in the same building n asked"bolo kya khaaogi"?Nidhi thought n said.."lrts have veg biryaani n dum aaloo"ashu smiled n ordered.
As ashu nidhi entered home,baba asked a"arre kya shopping kar li itni"n the excitement with which nidhi shared the stuff told ashu that he had been able to make amends..if not completely then substantially.He bade bye n left for k.g.h.

After the rounds,he called dr Ranganath to his cabin n began,"dr ranganath,sorry but its rather personal..but i feel we r family..i infact we,both nidhi n i want to know what is wrong between you n anji..baat kya hai?"Ranganath seemed agitated"sir,anji ne kal dr nidhi se meri aur mere parents ki buraai to ki hi hogi.."ashu stopped him,"nahi dr ranganath,anji ne kuch aisa nahi kaha ,i was there too..but yes she was sad..ranganath ,is it bcoz of not having a ..""no sir..not at all..but anji is not ready to understand that my parents are also hurt..after all the family line has come to an end.."ashu raised his eyebrow,"but can you blame anji for her gynaec problems..come on you r a doctor.."dr ranganath spoke,"sir anji feels,she alone has suffered..she doesnt appreciate the loss of my family..we r feudal people,not having a child is v insulting.." dr ashutosh took a deep breath,"i understand..but dont you feel its toughest for a woman..when she loses her.."ashu's mind travelled to those bleak nights after false pregnancy,.when nidhi d just keep staring into oblivion,even abhorred his touch for weeks..n how his and baba's endless efforts had made her finally vent out her depression in tears..n then the new beginning...

Ashutosh looked at dr ranganath n said,"i feel ,both you n anji need to focus on the two of you n not on parents..why dont you move into your flat"?ranga spoke bitterly"because her father keeps blackmailing her emotionally...oh sir its a mess..i dont want to think of it..infact i feel i d shift out with my parents,."Drashutosh seemed shocked,"dr,iits your decision but..remember..anji needs you infact both of you need each other..stop hurting each other..n remember a child certainly adds to a bond..but does not create the bond..that is created by the love of a couple..love under all circumstances.."ranga said"excuse me sir..but its easy for you to say so because the joy of father hood awaits you..for me there is nothing,.."dr ranganath went out..n ashutosh sat saddened at the bitter words..yes fatherhood was a joy but being nidhi's love was what completed him..it was she who had helped him evolve..enjoy the small pleasures of life..n accept life with open arms..

As they retired,nidhi spoke"to dr ranganath disappointed hain.."ashu looked up from his book.."haan,nidhi..its complex..i think we should talk to solanki saahib..or may be col verma can talk to him""yes thats a good idea..aap baba se baat kariye.."ashu agreed n as nidhi settled,he said.."nidhi,mai kuch kehna chahta hoon.."nidhi looked up"to kahiye na,."Ashu held her n said," "Ye sach hai..ki mai is bachche me apna khoya bachpan jeena chahta hoon..par nidhiusse bada ek sach hai"nidhi,held his hand,"kya.."?"yehi,ki meri zindagi me tumhari jagah koi nahi le sakta..ye baby bhi naye..baba ne mujhe nayee zindagi di..aur tumne jeene ka matlab sikhaaya..ye kabhi nahi samajhna ki ye baby humaare rishte..humaare pyaar ki kasauti hai..nahi nidhi..humara pyaar humara wajood hai ..humari taaquat hai..usse kisi sahaare ki zuroorat nahi.."
Nidhi came close to him n said,"dr ashutosh.mai jaanti hoon..aapka pyaar mere liye ...n stop feeling guilty about my pain bouts...aap hi ne to kahaa tha jo bhi hoga..hum mil baant ke seh lenge..hai na"?ashu smiled,"to ab mujhe uthaaogi"?nidhi nodded..n snuggled up to ashu..looking into his eyes that had unfathomable love..for her..

Suvika. thumbnail

The next few days drashutosh was v busy in the hospital but he made it a point to reach home before dinner n then took nidhi for a walk.on friday night nidhi was again uncomfortable n said to ashu.."plz thodi back press kar denge,,,..bahut pain hai"ashutosh looked up from the book that he was reading n immediately got up.."chalo,leto aaraam se,dekhta hoon.."n as he made nidhi lie down,he began to press her lower back..the points above the pelvic g girdle,he knew the weight of the baby put maximum strain on nidhi's back..nidhi seemed to relax,he asked"feeling better"?nidhi turned to look at him,"haa,much better"n slipped his hand into her kurta ,to put it on the baby bump.."i have grown ..havent i"?she asked ashutosh..who bent n kissed her forehead.."yes you have..now you r going to step into 6 month.."n nidhi smiled.."you know dr ashutosh..sometimes during the afternoon,he makes movements..n i miss you then..,i wish you could put your hand n feel the magic.."ashutosh kissed her hair n spoke.."dard hota hai..jab move karta hai?"nidhi evaded his eyes n said"nahi,zyada nahi,thoda sa,...hey dr ashutosh its o.k."she said,patting his face n then trying to change the topic,she said,"ye bataaiye,baba se kab baat karenge..dr ranganath n anji ke baare me..solanki uncle ko samjhane ..."dr ashutosh nodded,as he made her comfortable"i was thinking ..kal afternoon me miloonga col verma se..office me unke..tum bhi chalogi?"nidhi said"nahi..mujhse ab zyaada baitha nahi jaata.."n she immediately bit her lip.."arre tumne bataya nahi..kya hota hai.."asked a worried ashu..nidhi spoke"relax,bus back ache hota hai.."ashutosh turned her n began to press her back again..n said that next week they should visit dr sudhir again...

Nidhi held his tee shirt.."dr ashutosh.."ashutosh shot up an eyebrow"haan jaan,kya hua..bolo"nidhi tried to come closer..ashu could sense there was something troubling her.."bolo..kya baat hai"?nidhi finally spoke,"you know dr ashutosh..after the divya incident..mujhe darr lagta hai dr sudhir ke nursing home mei..his nurses are also a little rough..isnt it possible ki delivery k.g.h. mei..."?ashu caressed her back.."i understand nidhi..i will request sudhir n anyways kgh is better ewuipped for difficult deliveries..but i feel ..check up ke liye to sudhir ke yahaan hi jaana hoga..but ipromise i will be there with you..even while they clean n change..infact i d do it myself.."nidhi didnt say thanks..she just held him ..n closed her eyes as ashu kissed her on the eye lids n nose..before taking her mouth..

Next morning as ashutosh was getting dressed ,nidhi showed him the socks that she had knitted..cute blue ones..ashu kissed her fingers n said.."lovely..par zyaada strain nahi karna hai..jaanti ho na"nidhi nodded n as she gave ashutosh his jacket,he said,"nidhi,at about 4 in the afternoon ,ill meet ur baba..kuch kehna hai.."?nidhishook her head to say no..ashu said"i ll be back by 7..khayaal rakhna..apna bhi aur iska bhi.."as he bent down n kissed the baby bump.

In the hospital,things were alright but ashutosh observed ranganath to be downcast..he took a deep breath as he drove to col verma's office.

Col verma stood up to recieve dr ashutosh n as ashutosh touched his feet,pride reflecting in his eyes.."boliye ashutosh ..coffee peeyenge"? n ashu nodded,so col verma ordered two cappachinos over the intercom n the duo sat..Ashutosh spoke,sipping into his coffee,"col verma ,i have come to seek help from you..for.."col verma looked up,"boliye ashutosh..do you want nidhi to shift with us.."?ashu stopped his father in law,"dont even mention that col verma,nidhi is v clear ,she wants to be with me..sse to yeh kahiyega bhi nahi..varna rone lagegi..actually ,i had come to talk about anji n dr ranganath..things are not too good.."col verma stood up n walked towards the window.."yes dr ashutosh ..i have observed..anji has lost her vibrany after the miscarriage n dr ranganath too is v reserved..."

Ashutosh spoke "n dr ranganath's parents n solanki saheb r making matters worse..nidhi n i talked to anji n then i talked to dr ranganath..there is deep disappointment..almost a depression in both.."col verma spoke"but they can adopt a baby.."ashutosh nodded,"yes ,they certainly can..but the problem is deeper,col verma,they need to rejuvenate the relationship..n for that both sets of parents need to back off n give the couple some space..i feel ,solanki saheb is mature n he must respect the fact that dr ranganath can take care of anji..if only solanki saheb d let him do so..n then we can make ranganath see reason n send his parents home.."col verma looked up with admiration at his son in law's maturity..dr ashutosh continued,"both the sets of parents have to be made to understand that if this marriage has to survive,they need to leave the two alone..n solanki saheb is educated so he should take the lead..n sir as you r the closest to him..i want you to convince him to make anji n ranganath go back to their flat..you need to tell him that a sapling cannot grow n blossom under a big tree...similarly kids cant evolve under overbearing parents.."

Col verma patted ashutosh n said,"i agree ashutosh..n i will talk to solanki..though on issies of anji he doesnt listen even to shyama bhabhi..""but sir we have to make him see that his overpossessiveness is ruining anji's life"col verma agreed,ashu added,"n then we shall make dr ranganath's parents see reason..

Nidhi was helping kaka in the kitchen,while armaan was working on his laptop n bab was reading the paper..when suddenly..nidhi felt a powerfil jab of pain in her abdomen ..she bit her lip n tried to bear..but then anothe..n another..she dropped the knife n somehow clutching her baby bump came to the kitchen door..the pain seemed to be tearing her apart..she leaned on the door n cried softly.."armaanji...please help..please..ouuuch.."armaan looked up n turned white..baba too seemed to be woken up from his stupor...armaan ran n held nidhi ..holding nidhi by her waist..he tried to bring hr to the sofa..but nidhi almost collapsed of pain."dr ..dr ashutosh ko bula deejiye..plz'nidhi cried...
With great difficulty armaan n baba got nidhi to her bedroom n made her lie flat..baba tried to comfort her as armaan dialed ashutosh...

Having met col verma dr ashutosh was driving back to k.g.h. when he got armaan's call.."ashu jaldi ghar aaja..nidhi is having severe pain..v severe..mujhe samajh nahi aa raha ..."ashu screeched his car to a halt by the side.."armaan ..baba ko phone de..he is a doctor...jaldi"baba came on the line n ashu spoke"kya baba..contractions hain kya.."?baba replied"na..na..contractions nahi hain..ashu ..movements lug rahe hain..but severe hai ..bechaari ek dum..safed pad gai hai dard se.."ashu gasped...feeling nidhi's pain..n then the dr in him spoke,"baba..hold her on her back..turn nahi karne deejiyega..aur dekhiye ki hurt na kare apne aap ko..mai bus aa rahaa hoon"n ashu drove..as if his life depended on it...actuall it did..

As ashutosh pulled off his car in front off the lawn n rushed in..he could hear nidhi crying .."dr ashutosh...aaah!!!!"a"shu rushed in and saw nidhi writhing in pain as armaan almost pinned her down.."nidhi..kya hua..nidhi.."he seemed to be trying to register his presence to his nidhi in pain..n then as he sat n held her..she seemed to recognize his touch n cried out"dr ashutosh..."as tears fell from the corners of her closed eyes.Ashu told armaan to dial dr sudhir n he apprised him of nidhi's situation.dr sudhir answered that he was in kgh,to see a patient n d wait for nidhi.there itslf..ashu was grateful..

As armaan drove,ashu sat at the back,with nidhi restless in his arms..as each bout seemed more painful than the other..ashutosh tried to feel the baby n could sense strong movements...movements that were wrecking his nidhi..As nidhi bit her lower lip..ashu forcibly opened her mouth n inserted the side of his hand to bite in pain...but she didnt close on his hand...Even in this seething agony,she was not prepared to hurt him...Ashu had tears ..as he held her ..n tried to soothe her..she tried to push herself against the car door..the pain tearing her..n then her fingers caught ashutosh's shirt..n held on..as if they were holding on to life.Ashu kept brushing her hair back with one hand..as he held her firmly with the other..

As the car screeched to a halt at kgh,the ward boys were ready with the stretcher n dr sudhir rushed to take charge.Nidhi was taken in an dr sudhir told the nurses to change her as fast as possible..ashu shot a questioning glance at sudhir..but dr sudhie did not look back.,

Nurses held nidhi down to the examination table as dr sudhor examined her..dr ashutosh had been allowed inside as nidhi was constantly crying for him..n as she wrecked her head from side to side n bit her lip..dr sudhir instructed ashutosh to insert the agony pad..Ashu took the hard rubber pad n inserted it almost cruelly between nidhi's jaws..nidhi bit into it..now unable to cry out his name..Ashu bent down in front of dr,nurses..n said"hey nidhi mai hoon ..dont panic sweet heart..plz"

Dr sudhir asked for a glucose soln. n inserted the drip in nidhi'arm..ashu moaned ..her veins were always so difficult to find..n then he took an injection of indomethacin..a painkiller considered safe in pregnancy n injected her..Dr sudhir said.."lets wait.."nidhi kept crying n twisting in agony for another 20 minutes before the pain seemed to wane..n as ashu kept stroking her hair..she seemed to drift into sleep..ashu lookd at dr sudhir n then pulled out the agony pad..nidhi seemed to be in deep sleep

Dr ashutosh n dr sudhir sat in ashitosh's cabin..sudhir spoke"i could see this coming..now the baby,big as it is,is becoming active too,it twists n kicks n turns which kind of rips the mother apart.."dr ashitosh listened n told sudhir of the bout that nidhi had sufferred alone in the night..sudhir said,"you know ashutosh,this little girl is exceptional..n you are exceptionally lucky to have her.."ashutosh smiled..a sad smile n asked sudhir "ab..now what"?
Sudhir replied.."we cant do much..no tranquillisers n no regular pain killers..just drip n indomethacin..when it gets as bad as this..but remember to put a spoon or an agony pad..otherwise she will bite her tongue..badly"ashutosh shook his head.."do you feel she will pull through.."?asked a distressed ashutosh,,dr sudhir spoke "i cant say ashutosh..4 months hain..i expect them to be painful ..now lets see how nidhi can cope up with this pain..n how you can look after her...the emotional support is going to help in a big way...n yes i do feel..she will have an irretrievable breakdown if we ...if we now remove the foetus surgically..now we can n should only help her..as.."dr priyanka entered."sir, nidhi ko hosh aa gaya hai.she wants to see dr ashutosh .."

Ashutosh n sudhir entered the room,nidhi had opened her eyes..she looked up at dr ashutosh...sainyaan...dr sudhir spoke ,"nidhi,how r u feeling ,little girl"?nidhi smiled.."i am fine sir..bus weakness hai thodi...sir when can i go home?"sudhir smiled.."tomorrow morning ,i ll come n examine you n will decide..tab tak rest n sleep.."he checked her records of b.p n pulse n called ashutosh out,"she is fine..just let her rest n let me know if any problem comes up..drip will be over in an hr..see that she has plenty of juice..n take care.."dr sudhir left n ashutosh re entered the room.He bent down n touched nidhi's face..she opened her eyes..weak,tired but..courageous.."hey doc!!kaisi ho"?nidhi gave a weak smile ..n said "dr ashutosh..baba..hain kya"?ashu held her hand,"you want to meet col verma?abhi ring karta hoon..."nidhi cut him midway,"nahi mere nahi,aapke baba..i want to meet him"ashu called baba who was at home n he came in a cab.

As baba entere ,nidhi said,"aap jaayiye..yeh humari private baat hai..secret you see..nyes armaanji ko bhi bhej deejiye,.."as armaan n baba stood close to nidhi,n baba touched her hair,nidhi spoke,"kuch maangna chahti thi aap dono se..denge mujhe?" Armaan gave a nod n baba said"bol meri bachchi,bol.."

Nidhi said,"pata nahi..whether i would be able to give dr ashutosh..what i wish to..par agar mujhe kuch ho gaya..baby se pehle ..to wo bilkul akele ho jaayenge..armaanji,baba ..plz unhe akeka nahi hone dena..waapas quile me quaid nahi hone dena..unka khayal rakhiyega..aap dono se behtar unhe koi nahi samajhta..shaayad mai bhi nahi.."baba clutched nidhi's arm n spoke"meri bachchi,tujhe kuch nahi hoga..hum sab..saath rahenge..be positive..tu ne to mujhe positive rehna sikhaya tha..ab ye negativity kyun.."?armaan added,"haan nidhi..you will have to survive..is baby ke liye..ashu ke liye..adrak wali chai ke liye..."n he almost choked..

Ashutosh sat the whole night ..holding nidhi's hand..she slept peacefully n he recalled the moments they had spent together in the corridors of k.g.h.,the first time when nidhi had assisted him,when she wore his coat in his cabin..when she came after their engagement...n then when she looked after both him n mallika..ashu looked pained..trying not to remember nidhi'suffering..he got up n kissed her forehead..

Dr sudhir entered n nidhi smiled.."how r you little girl n how are you heart throb"?nidhi smiled as ashu looked at sudhir..dr sudhir examined nidhi..n said she was fine,he taught her certain breathing exercises which she should do as soon as the pain started,he also told nidhi should eat a little more frequently..n walks were a must.Then he looked at nidhi n "ab aap jaa sakti hain ghar..but take care.."

As dr ashutosh made nidhi sit n started the car..nidhi held his hand n said.."suniye..plz,ek jagah le chalenge.."ashu raised his eyebrow in question ,nidhi answered,"dargaah ..i want to say thank you.."ashutosh nodded n drove,

As they got down at the dargah,ashu could hear the quwaali..MASEEHA,DAR PE TERE TERA BISMIL LE KE AAYA HOON,MURAADEIN LE KE SAB AATEIN HAIN ,MAI DIL LEKE AAYA HOON..
He looked at nidhi..n then both walked to the dargah..to pray for their baby..n their future together...

Suvika. thumbnail

As Dr ashutosh helped Nidhi out of the car n they went to the dargah..as they entered ,they looked into each other's eyes n remembered all the past visits..when they had accepted their love to each other..ashutosh remembered nidhi in that white dress...nidhi remembered when they had seen eachother during the separation but she had chosen to walk away..nidhi gulped in guilt..ashutosh tightened the grip on her shoulder as he read her eyes..n then both smiled as they recalled the previous visit on their anniversary when they had prayed for their baby..nidhi looked at ashu..as his eyes travelled to the baby bump.Dr ashutosh bought a chaadar n as they offerred it ,both prayed in silence..ashu for nidhi's safety n painless pregnancy.. n nidhi for having the strength to give ashutosh what d complete him forever..his blood connect in his arms..a chance to relive his childhood..
The quawaali in the back ground was...BANDISHE MAIN ZAMAANE KI TOD AAYA HOON,MAI TERE WAASTE DUNIYA KO CHOD AAYA HOON..
Ashutosh nidhi looked at each other..lost in time n space..when baba rang "kya hua ashu,kahaan hai nidhi..hum intezaar kar rahe hain beta.."ashu apologised "sorry baba..wo,hum dargah tak aa gaye the..bus laut rahe hain"

As Ashutosh's car stopped at home,armaan came out n held nidhi ,bringing her in..where col verma dadi bua n shyama aunty were sitting with baba..Nidhi was glad to see them but then looked questioningly at ashutosh..

Before ashu could answer ,baba understood her apprehensions n said,"col,samdhanji,mil lijeye nidhi se..par mai apni bahu ko kahi jaane nahi doonga.."Nidhi leaned on baba..gratefully..

Dadibua n shyaama aunty asked nidhi if she wanted anything specific..nidhi refused ,then cv came in n sat close to nidhi.."nidhi..kya baat hai beta?anything i can do"?nidhi shook her head n just held his hand..as they got up to leave,nidhi spoke.."baba..aap sub aate rahaa kariye..par chinta nahi kariye..i m fine..dr ashutosh bahut khayaal rakhte hain.."cv nodded..again feeling v proud of his son in law.As they came into the hall,dr ashutosh stood up,dadi bua came n held his hand."daaktar..woh kya kehte hain..thanks a lot..meri bachchi ka khayaal rakhne ke liye.."n ashu just squeezed her hand..trying to say dont worry..col verma spoke to ashutosh n dr mathur.."actually ,i just wanted to tell you..that nandini..also had a terrible pregnancy..infact she could not survi..."he couldnt complete the sentence..Ashutosh looked at him n asked.."col verma..do you have any idea what was her problem..it could help us treat nidhi better.."cv said"i recollect,it was discovered in the 6 month,that she had a poor collagen n thus was unable to bear the baby's weight..."baba added,"ashu,maybe nidhi too has the same deficiency..get it checked.."ashu nodded..looking worried n tense..As his inlaws left,he came into nidhi with orange juice...nidhi was sleeping..with one hand on her baby bump..

Ashu sat next to her..looking at the girl who had changed his world forever..There were so many things that he wanted to do for her..so many memories he wanted to create n so many..he wished to erase..he could not forget the moment when he had allowed nidhi to go out of the house late in the night..because he had believed mallika..he could never forgive himself for that..he looked at nidhi..sleeping innocently..how forgiving she was..though18 years younger..it was always she who had shown greater maturity n even put up with his hardstone temper..Ashu knew nidhi had always desired to travel to europe..but hadnt been able to..ashutosh promised himself..he will take nidhi to europe..but only if destiny allowed him..As always..nidhi sensed his presence n opened her eyes.."arre aap..mujhe jagaaya kyu nahi.."?ashutosh smiled n caressed her hair.."aap mujhe jagaate nahi hain..this is v bad..agar mai humesha soti rahoon to.."?ashu put a finger on her lips.clearly dreading even the thought..Nidhi understood ..n smiled..Ashu helped her sit up n have the juice..thereafter nidhi just put her head on his shoulder..as he put his arms around her..neither of them spoke..ashu made her lie..but nidhi held on to him..n so he got up,.only to slip into the bed next to her..n put his hand on her abdomen ..nidhislowly closed her eyes..as ashu kept looking at her...his treasure trove..his new lease of life..When nidhi was fast asleep,ashu put pillows around her n withdrew..

It was late evening n armaan had gone out to get juice n fruits for nidhi..Ashutosh seemed to feel v alone n just sat in the rocking chair...his companion of lonesome days...Dr ashutosh just shut his eyes..from all the travails that surrounded him..trying to keep away negative thoughts that seemed to be reinforcing themselves..

He felt a hand on his shoulder..n looked up.."baba..aap"baba looked at him n asked "kya baat hai..ashu..nidhi so rahi hai na"?ashu nodded in reply..baba prodded "to phir kya baat hai..itna pareshaan kyun hai..you are a doctor..tu to jaanta hai..kuch pregnancies bahut troublesome hoti hain..nidhi ki bhi hai.."Ashu looked on into the darkness n stood up..seeingfar into oblivion he said.."jaante hain baba..nidhi ki is haalat ke liye mai zimmedaar hoon...aapko yaad hai na..woh nahi chahti thi maa banna itni jaldi...""par ashu..tune force to nahi kiya use..uske andar ye khwaaish khud ba khud jaagi..tu kyun dosh deta hai apne aap ko,beta.."?ashu replied"baba..mujhe lagta hai..ki nidhi itna dard ..itni taqleef sirf mujhe khush karne ke liye jhel rahi hai..baba..aapne mujhe itna pyaar,itna sab kuch diya..phir bhi mai apne yateem bachpan ko kabhi bhula nahi saka..nidhi jaanti hai ki mai iss bachche me apna khoya bachpan paana chahta hoon..issiliye woh sab seh rahee hai ...kitni choti hai woh abhi..agar usse kuch ho gayaa to mai..mai maaf nahi kar sakoonga khud ko..aur na zinda reh sakoonga uske bina.."ashu had tears of guilt in his eyes..baba patted him"na..ashu na..kamzor nahi pad..is mushkil daur me nidhi ko tere sahaare,tere support ki zuroorat hai..tu hi weak ho jaayega..to usse kaun sambhaalega beta..?aur ashu yaad hai..beta,false pregnancy ke waqt nidhi kitna toot gayee thi..beta,usme hai maa banne ki chaahat..aur beshaq wo tere chehre pe khushi dekhna chahti hai..huq hai uska..my son ..be strong n help her...aur beta..tera gunehgaar shaayad mai hoon ..ki tere mann se tere ateet..tere akelepan ko mita nahi paaya..i am to be blamed...""nahi baba..plz aisa nahi kahiye..aap hain to mai hoon..aap aur nidhi hi mera wajood ,meri zindagi hain..aap dono me se kisi ek ko bhi nahi kho sakta main.."n the father n son hugged each other..what a strange relationship it was..not bonded by blood but by the strings of heart..which seemed stronger than any D.N.A connect..the world of each was incomplete without the other..they were support..n fulcrum of each other...

The next morning dr ashutosh rang dr sudhir up n told him about collagen defficiency that nidhi's mother had..n also her eventual death in child birth..dr sudhir listened n assured ashutosh..that even if nidhi had the deficiency,it could be taken care of..as science had made tremendous progress in 25 years..but he told him to get nidhi for the blood test.

Nidhi seemed stronger n brighter in the morning..even wanted to help kaka in breakfast but baba had to use his veto..At breakfast,baba said,"ashu,blood sample lega hi,to haemogram bhi karwa lena..dekh eyes ke neeche black circles hain.."n baba put a hand under nidhi's chin as he held her face to ashu..who looked intently..as a doctor..n said"je baba"

At sudhir's clinic,when tje sample was being taken,ashu stood next to nidhi..wincing as three pricks were given before the vein could be found..sudhir said reports would come by evening..so they returned..In the evening sudhir called up to inform ashutosh that nidhi did suffer from collagen deficiency n that is what was making abdominal muscular support weaker..so she had to have nutragen..a dietaary supplement..n also feffol was to be restartesd as she was anaemic again..However dr sudhir did say that there was no cause of panic..only care was needed.sudhir also added,"ashutosh..its the 6 month..be careful..but remember not to deny her intimacy altogether..she will feel even more insecure..its a v fine line you have to tread..my friend.."ashutosh replied.."i know sudhir..i m conscious of my responsibility..will never hurt her..in any way.."

About a week later..as dr ashutosh came home,he was surprised to find nidhi sitting in the garden with her knitting..looking at the flowers dreamily.."hey doc kya soch rahi ho"!asked ashu..interrupting her thoughts.Nidhi said"kuch nahi..soch rahi thi..february me kaun kaun se phool khilenge,..""jaante hain dr ashutosh..jab bhi mai is garden me baithti hoon..to mujhe lagta hai..ki kab ye yahaan chalega..aap ka haath pakar kar..kab cricket khelega..."ashutosh just smiled n held nidhi..she looked up.."aapko kya lagta hai..mere sapne poore honge na..boliye na"?ashu held her close n said"haan nidhi..tumhaare sapne..mere sapne..humaare sapne zurroor poore honge..i promise"
Nidhi heaved a sigh of relief..as both went in ..nidhi leaning on ashu..his arm around her..
On baba's transistor played the song..JEEVAN KI BAGIYA MEHKEGI,LEHKEGI,CHAHKEGI..KHUSHIYON KI KALIYAAN JHOOMENGI..CHOOMENGI..

Suvika. thumbnail

With each dose of nutragen ,nidhi was getting better,though the baby 's movements were still painful,she seemed to have greater strength to cope up with n she had had no major pain bout after she was relieved from k.g.h.ashutosh made it a point to take her for walks in the evening but when he was in surgery,armaan "did the honours"as he said!!armaan n babafussed over nidhi in their own ways..made her eat spinach n drink juice..n baba would make her listen to m s.subbalaxmi music,..nidhi had no ear for classical recitals n often used to doze off..armaan d laugh his head off at baba's effort but baba d say he succeeded as the music got peace to nidhi..!!!armaan n nidhi d make a list of things needed in the kitchen..a list that normally had maggi n coca cola:):):)Ashutosh would feel wonderfully relaxed when he came home to see such a relaxed atmosphere n nidhi so happy..n painfree..how he had missed this home n happiness for so many years of his life..

One saturday morning as armaan was trying to feed methi gaajar n paraanthe to nidhi(as he had read methi gaajar was good for expectant moms)n nidhi was making faces at each bite..while baba was suporting armaan..n nidhi tugged at ashu's shirt for escape..just then ashu's cell rang ..It seemed it was something serious..ashu got up n said,"jee,jee col verma,hum abhi aate hain..bus abhi""kyaa hua"?asked a worried nidhi.ashutosh replied,"there is a family counsel about ranganath n anji..apparently solanki saheb has agreed that anji can shift out with dr ranganath but dr ranganath's parents do not want anji n ranganth to be left alone..so there is a lot of tension n we have also been called for the family meet..baba,col verma n dadi bua want you aswell..chaliye jaldi"

Dr mathur,ashutosh n nidhi entered solanki house where the situation seemed v tense..dr ranganath was sulking,anji sat in a corner with tears in her eyes..n solanki saheb n ranganath's parents had clearly had a face off ..poor shyama aunty n col verma were nonplussed ,dadibua moved restlessly..n as soon as ashutosh entered ,helping nidhi to climb the stairs,dadibua n col verma caught his hand..col said.."plz dr ashutosh help us"

All parties seemed to be at loggerheads..solanki saheb had agreed on col verma's advice to let anji n ranganath shift out but he had a precondition that dr ranganath's parents should also not stay with the couple permanently..At this dr mathur said,"baat to theek hai,bachchon ko kuch maheeno ke liye akela chodna chahiye..unka adjustment hone de..pyaar panapne de.."nidhi n ashutosh seemed to agree but ranganath's father flared up.."kya bakwaas hai,hum apne bete ko kaise chod de..aapki ladki ko fursat kahaan hai ghar dekhne ki..aur pata nahi khana bhi milega humaare bete ko ki nahi..""aur pyaar ka khaaq panpega..shaadi ke saal bhar ho gaya..humaara aangan to soona hai ..aur soona hi rahega.."shrieked ranga's mother..at which anji began to weep silently..ranganath seemed to be pained at her tears but also seemed intimidated by his parents n chose to remain quiet..as ashutosh saw tears dwell up in shyama aunty's eyes,ashu moved n put an arm around anji..n spoke,"dekhiye,agar aapko apne bete ki khushi chaahiye to aapko anji ka bhi samman karna hoga..kya aapko lagta hai ranganath anji ke bina khush reh paayenge?aur jahaan tak aapki shikaayat hai..to aapko anji aur ranganth ka sochna chahiye..aap kabhi sochte hain isme humaari anji ka kya qusoor hai?"nidhi looked at ashutosh..her eyes full of pride..ashu continued.."and dr ranganath,i d like to know,kya aapka pyaar itna kamzor hai ?kya aapne shaadi sirf bachche ke liye ki thi?"ranganath spoke,"no,sir..aisa nahi hai..but anji ko bhi humari feelings ke prati sensitive hona chahiye.."now dr mathur spoke.."dr ranganath..i feel ..tum dono ko samay dena hoga ek doosre ko..aur baad me adoption ke baare me bhi soch sakte hain.."dr ranganath's father yelled,"kabhi nahi..kisi aur ka khoon..mere ghar me..ho hi nahi sakta..dr mathur ..hum kisi bhi kuchre ke dher se nahi utha lenge apme ghar ke chiraag ko..woh humaara khoon hoga..koi laawaaris nahi..."a distraught baba n nidhi looked at drashutosh..apprehending hurt ..but instead they saw a steely resolve.."dekhiye ,anji ranganath adopt kare ya na kare ye unka faisla hai..per mai yeh zuroor kahoonga..kyunki baba ne mujhe kachre ke dher se uthaakar apna beta banaaya..ki dil ke rishte..khoon ke rishton se kahi mazboot hote hain.."hearing ashu..there was a pacific relief in baba's eyes..

Suddenly nidhi coughed violently..n ashutosh was by her ,forgetting everything else..bending in front of her he asked,"kya..kya hua..paani chahiye?"nidhi said,.."nahi.."n ashu rubbed her upper back ..neglecting the contempt on ranga's parents ...only when he himself was satisfied,did he move back...nidhi looked up to see the satisfaction in the eyes of her father n dadi bua..how ashutosh's love had won them over..but could the same happen in anji's life..or would the parents rip the couple apart??

Baba picked the threads of the discussion again.."haan to dr ranganath..tum bataao beta..tum aur anji ..ko faisla lena hai...Anji spoke "baba..meri nahi sunta koi..meri zindagi ki kisi ko fikr nahi ..ki mai kya chaahti hoon.."giving an angry look to dr ranganath..  "anji tum mera point of view kyu nahi samajhti ho?kya mai nahi chahta hum sukhi rahe?"said a feeble dr ranganath..Nidhi looked at ashutosh..anji's pain wrecking her...ashu understood..he too had begun to adore the chirpy little anji..He finally spoke .."dekhiye..agar koshish karni hai to..kum se kum do mahino ke liye anji aur dr ranganath ko rehne deejiye..flat me..aur dono parents phone se haalchaal pata kar sakte hain.."baba said.."yaad rahe..aapke bachcho ki zindagi aur unki khushi ka sawaal hai..kai baar naye rishte ban sake,iske liye puraane rishto ko thoda jhukna padta hai,.ur maa p ke liye aulad ki khushi se badaa kya ho sakta hai?"

Shyama aunty got up n folded hands in front of dr ranganath's parents.."plz,hum sab in dono ko ek mauqua de.."n ranganath's parents seemed to relent..but not wholeheartedly...Nidhi walked to anji..n said.."anji..gusse se bada pyaar hota hai..tu ne mujhe sikhaaya tha..ab mai tujhe yaad dila rahi hu..koshish kar...pyaar ko ek chance de.."
As they came out,solankis thanked dr mathur n dr ashutosh..dr ashutosh replied.."thanx ki kya baat hai..anji ki chinta hume bhi hai..lets hope for the best..aur mai dr ranganath se baat karta rahoonga..aap chinta nahi kariye.."saying so,as he bent down to touch shyama aunty's feet..she blessed him..touching his hair,she said.."aaj aapne is ghar ke bade daamaad hone ka huq ada kar diya.."ashutosh just smiled n went on to touch dadibua n cv feet..solanki sahib hugged him..ashu smiled n said.."solanki sahib,as a dr mai utna hi strict rahoonga..weight kum keejiye..plz."

As they entered home,baba said,"i m really proud of you ashu..my son..tu ab rishton ko samajhne laga hai.."ashu smiled n said.."baba..zindagi ke akelepan se nikal aaya hu ab..nidhi ne..sab badal diya..""waah joru ke ghulaam..nidhi ne badal diya..aur jo maine aur kaka ne mehnat ki ,uska kya??aapke nakhre aapka gussa saha"?armaan spoke...n the two friends hugged each other as hiraman n baba looked on..

Ashutosh entered his bedroom n found nidhi changing ..as she sat on the bed,he too changed n came ,"jaante hain,aaj aap phir ,mere hero ho gaye..mai pyaar ke saath..saath,bahut izzat karne lagi hu aapki..thank you dr ashutosh"ashu smiled n said"thank you kehne ke aur bhi tareeqe hote hain.."nidhi smiled seeing the naughty glint in his eyes..

For both of them ,the past two months had been stressful..for because of nidhi's condition ,ashu had normally restrained from intimacy..though both yearned for it..for both..it was not just a physical need but an emotional fulfilment..an expression of their undying commitment to each other..nidhi knew dr ashutosh would not risk her safety n comfort..but now that she was better,she wanted him more than ever..infact it seemed pregnancy hormones were playing havoc with her desire..n ashu could sense it..he knew his nidhi inside out..literally.

As nidhi kissed him..he caught her n ran his fingers thru her long hair..as he kissed her earlobes,she seemed to moan with desire.."hey doc..not so fast"admonished ashutosh..as he opened her gown n helped her out of the nightie..As ashu looked at her ..nidhi tried to cover herself..but he stopped her"dont i look ugly n fat now"?asked nidhi..Ashutosh..kissed her neck n said.."you look more beautiful than ever before.."as nidhi's hands grazed his legs..thighs..she could feel his masculinity..but ashutosh was in no hurry..he traced the ourline of her lips..n then moved to her breasts..which had always whipped up desire in him..from the first nite in the honeymoon..nidhi still remembered how ..initial shyness had been replaced by bare desire as his hands n lips had sought her breasts..how he had probed her virginity..at first softly..with his index finger n then..he had entered her only when he was quite sure she was ready to recieve him..Nidhi seemed to quiver with desire at the memory of that night..there had been so many after that..but that one would always be vv close to her heart..

Ashu's probing lips brought her to the present..he was stroking her breasts in a way that seemed to set her on fire..n then he sucked her dark..thick nipples..his finger pressed her navel..applying pressure ..which almost brought her to a crescendo..but he stopped..not wanting the magic to end so soon..He caressed her abdomen..dropping soft kisses..nidhi put her arms around him n began to massage his back..something that he always loved..As she kissed n moved her fingers in the hair of his broad masculine chest,he began rubbing her womanhood with his index finger,..his soft circular movement made her moan ..as she whispered"dr ashutosh.."he knew..n applied a little more pressure..he knew her ..not only emotional desires but also her intimate physical needs..n he knew the two were interlinked..for her the pleasure came not only because of his dexterity n expertise..that he had developed at lovemaking ..but because of his deep love for her..As ashutosh 's finger pressed her pleasure point..moist with desire..nidhi caught the back of his head.. n tirning her sideways..he united ..n seemed to finally lose himself to passion..till both of them broke the barrier of ecstacy..moving,moaning n groaning...Ashutosh kissed her on the baby bump..n made her wear her nightie..got dressed n just took her into his arms...

Nidhi broke the silence.."dr ashutosh...""hu,,kya hai bolo nidhi.."nidhi spoke on"aaj apko bura to laga hoga..jo dr ranganath ke father ne kaha..about adoption.."ashu caressed her hair n said,"nahi nidhi..mujhe bura nahi laga..tumhaare saath ne ,baba ki waapsi ne..armaan ne..mere dil ke sab khali kamre khushiyon se bhar diye hain..ab kahi andhera nahi hai..khushiyon ke..ummeedon ke chiraag jal rahe hain..tumne mujhe hur tarah se poora kar diya..tumne mujhe zindagi jeena sikha diya."
"Tum jo mil gaye ho..to yu lagta hai..ki jahaan mil gayaa..
Ek bhatke hue raahi ko carvaan mil gaya..."

Suvika. thumbnail

As ashutosh was getting ready to leave for the hospital on monday morning,nidhi was adjusting his tie..a grey one ,while ashutosh stole the moment to hold nidhi close n caress her back n as she was done n withdrew ,ashutosh pulled her close to kiss her on her nose..nidhi said.."kya kar rahe hain.."ashu replied in a matter of fact way,"pyaar ke lamhe chura raha hoon..aur kya.." Nidhi smiled n spoke up..'"achcha suniye,kal aap surgeries 6 baje tak finish kar sakte hain?"ashu replied,"hu,kal light day hai unless an emergency comes up..per tum kyon jaldi bula rahi ho?"nidhi spoke with a naughty glint in her eyes,"aap bhool rahe hain..kal iske papa aur baba ka birthday hai.."she said putting ashu's hand on the baby bump.Ashu held her n said,"hey doc,woh to theek hai par is birthday celebration se iski mummy ko koi pareshaani ya thakawat nahi honi chahiye..samjhi"?n nidhi nodded as ashu bent to kiss the baby bump...nidhi just loved it..the prenatal bonding between the father n the child..the child that would fill their world with laughter n sunshine..
As dr ashutosh went out n started the car,nidhi saw he had forgotten his purse as well as hankey..her fault,she always handed over these to him,but today she had forgotten,she took both n came out as fast as her condition allowed her to..There was no one in the hall too,so she ventured out,waving n calling out,"dr ashutosh rukiye plz.."Ashutosh saw her in the rear view ..trying to wobble as fast as possible..He stopped the car dead in its track n came out to run towards her..As he came n asked,"kya hua nidhi!kahaan bhaagi ja rahi ho..?"n nidhi just showed his things left behind and said"i m sorry..all my fault"ashutosh smiled,n took both n kept them in his troser pocket..only to observe nidhi panting n breathless..he sighed n brought her back in to the bedroom n made her sit.."nidhi..is haalat me kya zuroorat thi tez chalne ki ..dekho saans phool raha hai..ab tak"n he rubbed her back.."now promise no overstrain..n no bhaag daud for the birthday..nahi to..""nahi to kya karenge"?asked nidhi..ashu replied,caressing her hair.."nahi to mai chutti le loonga aur sirftumhari dekh bhaal karoonga..ab tum bataao..chahti ho ki mere patients suffer karen!!"nidhi smiled n rested her head on his chest  sainyaaan...

In the hospital,it was a busy day,but in the lunch time ashutosh had to meet dr dubey,the chief administrator..As he entered dr dubey's cabin..dr dubey had loads of queries about nidhi..how she was feeling n was she taking care..Ashu smiled n said"jee sir..sub theek hai..par nidhi to nidhi hi hai..aap to jaante hain.."dr dubey smiled n said,"haan ashutosh...yaad hai jab mai usse pehli pehal mila tha ..mujhe laga tha ki bilkul gair zimmedaar aur useless ladki hai..par dr mathur ki beemaari ke dauraan ..jis tarah se usne sab kuch sambhala..aur phir the way she stood by you during that unfortunate scandal...koi saadhaaran ladki nahi kar sakti thi ye sab..you r lucky ashutosh..v v lucky..god bless you both"ashutosh smiled a truly proud n fulfilled smile..Dr ranganath entered with dome files..n they discussed some equipment issues.As they emerged from dr dubey's cabin,ashutosh asked "kaisa hai subkuch dr ranganath.?ranga smiled n said"sir..doodh se kheer banne me samay lagta hai.."n walked away.

At home nidhi was with baba as armaan had gone to his warehouse,n she discussed the guest list with baba..he said,"na beta,is baar simple rakh..bas hum ghar ke log..tujhe strain nahi lena chahiye..meri bachchi"said he ,patting her on the head.finally it was decided that they will invite dr dubey,cv,db n anji ranganath ..solankis were out of station.Nidhi said,"mai chote sarkaar ko bula leti hoon ek din ke liye,kaka ki madad ho jaayegi..aur decoration me bhi..."nidhi kept the menu a surprise but promised that she d not overstrain.Baba observed she was on phone most of the time..ordering cakes n stuff n inviting people...At night armaan n ashu entered almost together n as the family sat for dinner,ashu said,"baba,nidhi ko samjha deejiye,is baar no midnite party"n baba agreed..nidhi smiled n said."bhai,is baar to proper evening party.."armaan spoke,"yaar ye birthday achcha tareequa hai gift lene ka.."nidhi immediately gasped,"oh my god!!maine to gifts khareede hi nahi..plz armaan ji mujhe market le chaliye na.."Dr ashutosh spoke,"tum kahi nahi jaaogi n that is fina..tumne mujhe sabse bada ..."  n then he bit his tongue realising that baba n armaan were there too.

At night,nidhi asked ashu,"kis gift ki baat kar rahe the aap"?ashu smiled n said.."tum jaanti ho.."n his eyes grazed the baby bump..nidhi replied,"par dr ashutosh,mujhe mera return gift nahi denge.."?ashu spoke,drawing her in his bear hug,"bolo kya logi sweet heart.."?"ek aur baby.. .."n then seeing ashu's expressions,she said.."mai ek do saal intezaar bhi kar sakti hoon..par usse zyaada nahi.."Ashu turned serious n looking into her eyes he said,"nidhi,ye gift mai nahi doonga..aur tum jaanti ho kyun..this pregnancy has almost wrecked you..i can never take the risk again..bus aur behas nahi..plz"nidhi seemed disappointed..but ashu,kissed her n said,"hey ,dont be sad,pehle isko to aane do..lets see..aur return gift plan kiya hai maine..you d love it..."!!and both surrendered to sleep.

At about 4 in the morning,ashu was awakened by activity,he opened his eyes,expecting nidhi to wish him..but he found nidhi wobbling around,trying to find something.."kya hua nidhi..bolo"?"oh !!actually mujhe thand lag rahi hai bahut..i was looking for socks..mere socks to shaayad hain hi nahi.."ashu was surprised.winter chill in october begining!!but then his trained mind reminded him of these spells during pregnancy..He got up,opened his drawer n took out his socks,made nidhi sit n put the socks on her feet"kal tumhaare liye socks le aaoonga.."n brought her back to bed..nidhi held him n said.."ek zuroori baat..""kya??""happy birthday.."n she kissed him on his eyes.."jaante hain ye last birthday hai jo hum dono mana rahe hain..phir to hum teeno honge..."n both smiled

In the morning,nidhi wished baba n as she was bending to touch his feet,armaan caught her midway.."kya kar rahi hai nidhi..dimaag kharaab hai kya!!"n all agreed.Kaka had made aaloo ke parathe n after breakfast ashu left.armmaan had takena day off to help in the celebrations..at 11 cs also arrived...nidhi sat n helped though she made it a point to cook hare chane in gravy n matar ki kachori herself...

By 7 all the guests arrived,cs had decorated the hall beautifully n finally the birthday boy drove in at 7.30
?
Both the cakes were arranged n father son cut the cake n fed each other..n then both looked at nidhi..n fed her..love brimmed in their eyes..fortheir young titli..eho had filled their autumnal woods with colours..

Nidhi n anji helped in serving the cake n then dinner began..dr dubey asked nidhi,"kaisi ho beta...i miss you in the hospital...koi daant khaane ke liye nahi hai na!"!!nidhi added naughtily "kyu sir,aapki favourite aaditi to hai"!!dr dubey seemed to explode"naam mat lo uska,kal orange lab coat pehna tha aur keh rahi thi ki hospital ko brighten karna chahti hai..o my god..ye aajkal ki..."but then he looked at nidhi and as baba came to stand by her n raised the question,"kyun bhai dr dubey,meri bahu bhi to isi generation ki hai..kya khayaal hai"!dr dubey replied,"dr mathur..apki nidhi jaisi..to laakhon me ek hi hoti hain.."n gave a loving paternal smile to nidhi..In the meanwhile ashutosh was talking to cv n db,both were enquiring about how he planned to take care post delivery..n ashu replied that he had already fixed a full time maid with an agency..n then he said,"aap to jaante hain,woh jaayegi nahi kahi..mere bina..so i feel this is the best arrangement.."suddenly music filled the air..n it was armaan's idea..nidhi n ashu danced a little but nidhi realised it was difficult for her so she sat midway..as ashu kept an arm around her..Baba cajoled anji n ranganath to dance..n they glided gracefully to the words of"teri ore teri ore ..."it did seem as if the two were lost in each oter,oblivious to the tensions around..nidhi looked at ashu..both looked at ranji..with hope.

By 11 ,all had gone n as ashu nidhi were ready to retire.armaan came with a gift..ashutosh looked at it n was moved..it was an old moment of ashu n armaan together ..framed beautifully..ashu hugged arman..n as usual armaan joked,"hug se kaam nahi chalne waala,aone birthday pe isse badi party loonga!!"

As ashu emerged after his bath,nidhi was sitting..lost in thoughts..with ashu's mobile in her hands..Ashu understood her thoughts ,came n sat beside her..n said,"sweet heart ab mallika ka phone kabhi nahi aayega..she is out of my life.."nidhi looked startled.."aapko kaise pata ki ..""main sab samajhta hoon nidhi..aur yaad hai mujhe pichle birthday ke samay mallika ka phone aaya tha..aur kuch din baad hi...par nidhi..ab humaare beech koi nahi aayega..i promise..no mallika.no daksh,no divya..nobody except us.."  

The next morning when nidhi got up ,ashutosh was busy around the house..but hearing her,he came n told her,"tum bahut thaki lag rahi ho..ab ekdum aaraam karo..no movement today n thats an order.."n then he went into his old study adjoining the bed room..luxmi bai came n helped nidhi bathe n change n then nidhi was really tired ..she had her lunch in her room n dozed off..It must have been evening when she was awoken by a familiar kiss..who else could it be but dr ashutosh..n as she opened her eyes..she found herself where she belonged..in her husband's arms..she smiled shyly ..as ashu said,"chalo apna return gift lene.."n before she could say something,he closed her eyes n brought her carefully ...somewhere..n then removed his hand..
Nidhi opened her eyes n blinked...dr ashutosh's old study had been converted to the most beautiful nursery in the room..the dull white walls were painted pink..there was a lovely wooden baby cot,a cradle n a bouncer..the walls had posters of cartoons n so many soft toys decorated the room..nidhi's eys fell on the pink teddy they had brought from nainital..ashu opened the almirah..it was stacked with..diapers,nappies..tiny booties ..all that nidhi could ever have desired.."kaisa laga return gift.."?asked ashu..nidhi replied"lovely..beautiful..aapne ek sapna sach kar diya..par aapko kaise pata tha ki mujhe ye sab pasand hai..."?ashu smiled..he had silently been observing nidhi flipping thru magazines nsites looking at nurseries..she had never said anything ..but ashu knew all his childwoman desired..

Nidhi spoke,"to wo humaare room me nahi rahegi"??ashu kissed nidhi n said,"haan visit karegi apne papa ma ko..par usse bhi to apni space chahiye..aur phir..mai kisi ko bhi zyaada der tak apne aur apni biwi ke beech nahi bardaasht kar sakta..."both laughed..looked at the niursery..n ashu recalled an old song.."maangi thi ek dua jo qubool ho gayee..
Ummed ki kali khil ke phool ho gayee"nidhi asked "aur violin..usse violin nahi sikhaayenge"?ashu smiled n said,"koshish karoonga...par agar apni maa pe gayee to music thoda mushkil hai.."n as nidhi showed her mock anger..ashu took her mouth..hungrily..seeking the infinite love..the unfathomable pleasure that his nidhi always gave him...n nidhi responded as she always did..throwing her arms around his strong shoulders..urging him to carry her to the bed..which he eventually did..n both were lost in the world of their v personal..mutual love n ecstacy...

HUM JUB SIMAT KE AAPKI BAAHON ME AAGAYE..LAAKHON HASEEN KHWAAB NIGAHON ME AAGAYE...the song that reverberated in nidhi's mind..as ashu took charge of her heart..senses..body n soul...sainyaan

Suvika. thumbnail

Monday morning,as nidhi was getting ready,dr ashutosh admired her,sitting lazily on the sofa..though he had got ready ,he seemed to be in no mood to leave..nidhi smiled,meeting his gaze in the mirror.."hospital nahi jaayenge kya"?ashutosh got up n came to nidhi as she walked up to him..n then he got her once more to the nursery...beautiful??nidhi smiled n said..bus ab to chaar maheene se bhi kum bache hain..."said nidhi..as dr ashutosh held her to his chest.
At the breakfast table armaan n baba were as usual talkative..thrilled at the nursery..baba said,"ashu ..nursery to itni sundar hai ki kya bataoon..bas photos ki kami hai.."armaan said,"photos..kiski photos.,?"baba laughed n said,"arre armaan tu to gadhe ka gadha hi raha..mere pote ke photos..bhai ..aur kiske"!ashu interrupted,"correction baba...pota nahi poti..i want a sweet little daughter.."n he smiled as he glanced at nidhi..armaan spoke "beti to theek hai..par agar uski shakal tere jaisi ho gayee to...!!!!!!" n all laughed..dr ashutosh got up n said,"chalta hoon..par haan,aaj lunch pe ghar aaoonga.."nidhi said"arre par kyun..?"ashu smiled n said nothing...baba n armaan looked at each other n smiled..at ashu's joy...baba 's gaze travelled to the tree outside..once leafless was now covered with blossoms..

Nidhi helped kaka in the kitchen to prepare mattar paneer,aaloo methi daal n rice,requested him to cut salad n mix a yogurt by 1.30 as dr ashutosh d be home for lunch.armaan too left..for work,saying he d be back by 1.30,baba sat reading a book while nidhi came back to organize ashu's wardrobe...she arranged the silk ties shade wise..greys,pinks,marroons n purple..his favourite shades in ties...he had so many of them..Then his shirts..she checked all the buttons n arranged in a neat stack,his trousers..n hung his coats..caressing the tees as she folded them..remembering..the blue n white one which was the one he had worn at the night on the machaan..the first tee shirt that he had taken off...nidhi blushed as she kissed it..she organized all his undergarments,socks n shoes..Somehow doing all this always made her feel very close to him..before their marriage it was kaka who used to do it but right after the honeymoon she had taken over...n always did it with great care..knowing how methodical dr ashutosh was..n she knew he loved the fact that she did all this for him..his smile n that look in his eyes told him..Nidhi arranged her own portion as well..looking at the blouses n kurtas in one shelf..wondering if she d ever fit into them again..she stacked her current wear,her salwars kurtaas,sarees n her maternity bras..the floral panties..n her hair bands which she used rarely..she looked at her dressing table,topped up her sindoor daani,applying a little again as she remembered how once her sindoor smear was so apparent on ashutosh's cream shirt..after he had hugged her in his cabin...the whole staff had smiled on seeing dr hardstone this way..but ashutosh had hardly bothered..how much he had changed..thought nidhi..from the introvert bitter man she had met two years nack..to the warm ,smiling man he was now..Nidhi looked at her watch ..it was 1.15.

She came to the dining area,gave baba his medicines..as he held her hands n said.."thank you nidhi..thank you beta.."though her own nana,but she always gave him the regard fit for ashutosh's father..n had great warmth n l8ve for him for she knew ..their union could not have been possible without his efforts..baba's tumor had almoat wrecked ashutosh n nidhi...n she could never thank god enough for saving baba..As she saw if everything was ready,dr ashutosh walked in..looking a bit preoccupied..though he came close to her n asked"kaisi ho nidhi"?but nidhi knew something was on his mind...just as she wanted to ask,armaan came n everyone sat for lunch..baba noted n asked.."kya hua ashu..dhyaan kahaan hai beta.."?"kuch nahi baba"replied dr ashutosh..just then his cell rang n he answered..getting up n going into his bed room..nodhi followed him quietly..he was saying.."try to understand..i cannot come..personal reasons..its nothing absolutely nothing to do with fees.."then there was a pause n he listened..finally saying"my wife is 6 months pregnant..n she needs constant care..no she cannot travel now..so my position is untenable..plz try n understand.."he disconnected kept gazing out...nidhi went n touched his shoulder..he looked a bit surprised.."kya hua..kiska phone tha..bataaiye na.."ashu remained silent..nidhi moved her hands on his chest n asked.."chupaa kyu rahe hain.."ashu sighed n slumped on the sofa..."delhi mei home minister ko brain haemmorhage hua hai,.he is in i.c.u. n surgery is required..."nidhi bit her lip"to aapko delhi jaana..."ashu held her shoulders,"no nidhi dont worry,mai tumhe is haalat me chod kar kahin nahi jaaoonga...promise"nidhi smiled n came close,"dr ashutosh..i know mujhe aapki bahut zuroorat hai..aur aapko meri bahut fikr hai...per wahaan kissi ki jaan ja sakti hai..aur sirf aap hi bacha sakte hain..jaayie dr ashutosh..isliye nahi ki wo minister hai per isliye ki wo ek patient hai..aur aap hi ne to sikhaya tha hum interns ko..ki ekdr ki duty uski zyaati zindagi se zyaada important hoti hai...bhool gaye aap"?ashu wrenched..."i know nidhi..par mai duwidha me hoon..mai kya karoon..wahaan kam se kam do din rukna hoga..kaise chod doon tumhe akele...kahi pain bout hua to..i cant nidhi..i cant..."nidhi spoke"dr ashutosh you can..n you will..mere paas baba,armaan ji aur agar zuroorat hui to baba aur dadibua bhi hai..dr sudhir attend karenge emergency hui to..n aap bhool jaate hain ki mai khud ek dr hoon.."dr ashutosh held her hand..n said.."nidhi..i have left you alone..many times..but not this time,..you r my first priority.."nidhi spoke "i know i m your first priorit..thats why you should listen to me..aur aap kya nahi chahte ki mai aur baby proud feel karein aap pe..dr ashutosh..mai jaanti hu aap mujhe bahut chahte hain..par mai aapki taaquat banna chahti hu..aapki kamzori nahi..."

Just at that moment ,baba knocked at the bedroom door.."kya baat hai tum dono khana chod ke chale aaye..kya..."nidhi said.."baba,dr ashutosh has to go to delhi for an urgent surgery.."baba looked at ashutosh,"baba..mai kaise chod ke jaaoon..nidhi ko chod kar ..is haalat mein?"n ashu told him all about the case..n looked at him..for his advice..as armaan also came in.Baba asked "nidhi kya chahti hai"?nidhi replied"baba ,mai dr ashutosh ko farz se peeche hat te hue nahi dekh sakti..aur aap aur armaanji to hain meri dekhbhaal ke liye.."All the three men looked at nidhi..with pride..ashu finally spoke"nidhi,i am so proud of you..."
The next hour was spent in a flurry as nidhi packed for ashutosh n he informed the hospital,he was ready to go..the home minister's wife made a personal call to thank dr ashutosh..n he felt nidhi had made him take the right decision..The p.a to the minister informed a chartered plane was coming to take dr ashutosh..

As ashutosh was all set..he touched baba'sfeet n said.."baba..armaan,plz nidhi ka khayaal rakhiyega...emergency no. Maine uske cell me save kar diye hain.."n then he came in to the room to take his bag..n say one of the most difficult byes..Nidhi smiled n said.."chinta nahi kariye..bilkul sahi salaamat milenge hum dono..mai bhi aur aspki baby bhi.."ashu hugged her tight..n kissed her on the forehead.."plz..nidhi apna khayal rakhna..i will come in 2 days.."n then he bent to kiss the baby bump.."see you..baby,mummy ko trouble nahi karna..mai bus abhi aaya..."n he brought nidhi out..she waved to him..bravely..proudly as the taxi drove him off...

Nidhi returned to her room n lay on the bed..she must have slept for she woke up bcoz of her cell ringing..dr ashutosh.."hullo..kaise hain aap"?asked nidhi..ashu replied"mai to theek hoon..now going in for surgery..will be off phone for 7 to 8 hours..khayal rakhna..sweetheart..plz..khaana kha lena...will talk in the morning.n yes nidhi..toilet lock nahi karna..andar se..aur bedroom bhi nahi.."nidhi replied.."aap chinta nahi kariye..jaisa kahenge,waisa hi karoongi.."ashutosh spoke.."ek aur baat..phir kab mauka mile..i love you nidhi..i love you v much"nidhi choked..but she immediately composed herself n said"i love you too.."ashu hung up..Nidhi came out n told baba"baba phone aaya tha unka..he was going in for surgery.."armaan came n said.."arre dekho t.v per coverage de rahe hain..country's best neirosurgeon dr ashutosh to operate on the home minister n they showed ashu 's short interview...armaan looked at nidhi..as the interview ended..n said"chalo nidhi ,lets have dinner.."as they ate nidhi seemed a little tired..baba observed it..n asked."beta..samdhanji ko bula doon"?nidhi said no..

Armaan n baba got nidhi to her bedroom n arman said,"nidhi,mai hall me hi soonga,koi problem ho to awaaz dena.."nidhi nodded..as she told"armaanji,light jali rehne dejiyega..plz"

Sleep evaded nidhi..she kept thinking of the previous time ashitosh had gone to delhi..n had to take a taxi to return ..n then the accident...nidhi turned uncomfortably..n touched her baby bump...she extended her hand towards the side of thebed where dr ashtosh slept...she missed him ..badly..felt completely incomplete wthout him..nidhi seemed to drift into sleep but images of ashutosh waving to her kept flashing..

In delhi,dr ashutosh changed for the surgery..it was a major sub ndural haemorrhage..n blood had begun to press on the motor area..would he be able to save the minister..n will he retain all his sensory n motor faculties..As he pulled out his engagement ring..he thought of nidhi..would she have been able to sleep without him..she was so used yo sleeping in his arms...would she have eaten ..n what if she had a pain bout..ashutosh looked at his reflection in the mirror..The assistant dr entered,"sir the team is ready in the o.t."ashu sighed ..trying to push nidhi away from his thoughts ,he entered the o.t.
Once inside,he was dr ashutosh..the best neurosurgeon..working deftly to save his patient.

In lucknow,baba n armaan awoke at6 ,the next morning..armaan peeped at nidhi..fast asleep..he told baba"sone deejiye usko..jitna soye achcha hai..kum miss karegi ashu ko..baba looked at armaan..n nodded.."You know baba ..pichli baar jab ashu delhi gaya tha..."baba nodded thoughtfully n said"jaanta hoon..wahi soch raha tha..nidhi kya feel kar rahi hogi..khair..bas theek thaak waapas aa jaaye ashutosh.."

Nidhi opened her eyes..8 a.m she looked at her phone..no call from dr ashutosh..she wondered why...
Just then luxmi bai entered ..she helped nidhi around n after getting ready..as she sat in front of dressing table..n she applied her sindoor..her thoughts travelled to dr ashutosh..of the time when he had applied sindoor in their wedding...it seemed just yesterday...Today..d be the first day without him..how will she survive..without his touch..his gaze..his calls of "nidhi...nidhi..."nidhi sighed n came out..baba said"abhi tak operation chal raha hai..news me dikha rahe the..ki do ghante aur lagenge.."armaan looked at her n said,"chal nidhi naashta..phir nursery theek karenge hum teeno..kyun"nidhi smiled..but had to force herself to eat..her thoughts travelling again to dr ashutosh..how tired hed be after such a long surgery..normally after a surgery,she d massage his back..rub his forehead..n often hed ask"ye massage hai ya pyaar"?n she d just blush...who d give him his adrak wali chai?"nidhi,beta..vitamins le apne.."said baba ,giving her the tablets..The phone rang,nidhi looked at it eagerly..it was dr sudhir."hullo,little girl,how r you?koi pain ya problem to nahi hai"nidhi answered that she was fine..dr sudhir talked to baba also n said"sir koi bhi problem ho,just phone..i will rush.."baba thanked him..

After breakfast baba n armaan got nidhi to the nursery..n they started making list of things which were still missing..nidhi moved ..touching the toys ..the wardrobe..the cradle..everything seemed so desolate without dr ashutosh..the room was the same as yesterday but it seemed so lifeless..nidhi suddenly felt tears brimming in her eyes..she quickly wiped them..but armaan saw..he came n held her.."hey nidhi..parson to aa jayega ashu..come on ..ab list bana..itna bhaav nahi de usse..nahi to dimaag chad jaayega.."nidhi smiled..as baba added bibs n frocks n a walker to the list..just then the phone rang..dr ashutosh..nidhi grabbed it"kya hua..how was the operation..kaisa hai patient"??ashu answered"nidhi,nidhi nidhi...let me speak..the operation was successful..but he is under observation..12 hrs are crucial..achcha tum kaisi ho..naashta kiya?"nidhi answered"haan,lekin aapne nahi khaaya hoga..jaayiye..kha leejiye..aur ek combiflam le leejiyega..thak gaye honge..wahaan kamar kaun dabayega,...achcha,leejiye baba aur armaanji se baat keejiye..ashu talked to both n ended by saying"armaan ,khayal rakhna nidhi ka..agar mujhe aane me kuch der ho jaaye.."armaan nodded but felt a tug at his heart strings..how he had almost lost his dear friend in the previous delhi trip..He said,"tu chinta nahi kar..main hoon na..par jaldi aaja.."ashu said.."bus,patient stabilize ho jaaye..ok see you...soon"!!armaan looked at nidhi..the young girl who had taught his morose friend how to smile..he just patted n caressed her hair..as an elder brother would do to..a sister..left in his guardianship..Nidhi smiled..n looked up"chinta nahi kariye ,..mai theek hoon"
Dr ashutosh returned to his hotel..had dinner n coffee n ran himself a bath..as he came to his bed..hewas dead tired..he lay down..closed his eyes..n nidhi seemed to emerge in his vision..pregnant n resplendant..in half sleep ashutosh murmured"hum kab milenge nidhi.."!
Nidhi who was lying in the bedroom..just sat up ..n said.."dr ashutosh..i miss you..jaldi aa jaaiye..waapas.."n caressing her baby bump..her gaze travelled to their wedding photo..on the wall...sainyaan..nidhi played the transistor n the song played
HUM INTEZAAR KARENGE TERA QUAYAMAT TAK...KHUDA KARE KE QUAYAMAT HO AUR TU AAYE..