AshNi Bas AshNi..Story So Far..NO COMMENTS PLEASE - Page 7

Posted: 10 years ago

Dr ashutosh entered the chamber of mr singhania,dr dubey n dr ranganath followed him.dr mehta was already there..giving a seemingly victorious smile.dr ashutosh chose not to pay attention n sat.mr singhania had the case file in front of him...he looked up at ashutosh n said"so dr ashutosh...what is the argument about"??dr ashutosh replied,adjusting his specs"mr singhania,there is no argument at all..the child is unwell,he has a brain tumour n needs surgery ,without a delay"mr singhania adjusted his tie n looked at dr mehta"but dr ashutosh ,how can you be so sure...isnt it the jr drs who have diagnosed him...after all no neurosurgeon..."ashutosh seemed to be losing his patience..dr ranganath n dr dubey observed this n dr dubey interjected"but dr nidhi,our most capable jr dr has diagnosed it...n you cant question her capabilities..."mr singhania smiled sarcastically"no,dr dubey..i ,or for that reason no body can question the wonderful capabilities of dr nidhi...we all know how talented ,sharp n wise she is at everything..."he looked at dr mehta who gave a lecherous smile...ashutosh was insinuated but chose to keep the argument professional.he said..in a voice ..steely n ice cold.."i would like to make two points..one..dr nidhi is certainly very capable n secondly i ,along with dr priyanka n ahaana have reached the same diagnosis..n mr singhania ,i hope you dont disagree that i am a neurosurgeon of some repute..now if you allow,id call my team of drs.."without waiting for the permission,ashutosh rung the bell n in walked nidhi ,ahaana n priyanka.singhania looked up n asked"so dr nidhi ashutosh mathur..you r just an m.b.b.s. n you r sure of the diagnosis that this patient of bed no.25 has a brain tumor..dont you think you are exceeding your brief"??before nidhi could speak,dr ahaana jumped the gun n retorted"sir,dr nidhi is absolutely right.we have all seen the patient,he has headachs,vission dystrophy...n dr ashutosh also has examined him...thats the ultimate..n sir dr mehta is just making our lives miserable..whenever we recommend anything ..a test or a special diet for a patient...its never accepted.."ahaana rattled on...mr singhania stood up as mehta looked at her with cruel eyes.."so,mehta,you are pretty unpopular among the junior drs..you need to take a leaf out of dr ashutosh's book..."as dr mehta looked at ahaana n nidhi ..with his eyes roving..drashutosh stood up..with clenched fists...maintaining his calm with a visible effort,he spoke"it d be prudent if we discuss the case at hand..n mr singhania,let me make myself clear ,though i dont need to..least of all to you,that my personal life has been blemishless..spotless...and plz treat the lady drs with respect...it d be good for your n dr mehta's health"...singhania seemed shocked at the eruption of ashutosh's temper..n reverted to the case immediately"so,dr ashutosh,agreed that the patient has a tumor...now what will be the cost of surgery ,post operative care etc."??dr ashutosh looked at the figures that dr ranganath furnished..n spoke"well,the neurosurgeon's fee that is my fee will be 50,000 rs,drugs,o.t.charge another 75000 n post op care n ward expenses will amount to about 50000 more,that is a total of 1,75 lakhs."singhania glanced at dr mehta n then at dr dubey n dr ashutosh "so,from where does the money come"??dr ranganath put forward the file having details of 10%freeship n said"sir,every year we spend about 70 lakhs on poor patients..n this year,its august end n we have about 10 lakh in this kitty,hence we can divert 1.75 from there"dr mehta interrupted"suxh decisions can be taken only by the board n dr aradhana n dr rai are both out of the country...so there cant be a board meeting for the next 15 days...n till then ..your poor patient..will have to wait n add to our bills..huh!!these urchins..how d it really matter if he dies,..is he anasset to his family or the nation..he is a bloody liability.."dr ashutosh's face flushed..nidhi knew that he will blow up..standing behind him..she discreetly touched his shoulder as if trying to tell him to keep his cool...he looked at her for a brief second..n got up..taking the file ..almost snatching it from singhania's hands,he stated"so..the board cant meet,the trustee who is entitled to take such decisions..wouldnt budge..hence what are we supposed to do..sit n watch a poor helpless child die...simply because his mother is not rich enough to pay...is this what we learnt at medical colleges..n i do not take the argument that he is a liability...dr mehta..mine n your kids are an asset because we invest in their health,education n skills..maybe if someone invests in this kid..he too d grow up to be a successful man..."nidhi looked at ashutosh..understanding the palpable pain n emotional turmoil...ashutosh was seeing his own helpless childhood in that child...just as he saw in each n everypoor kkid..dr mehta snarled"enough...lets talk logistics..where does the money come from"??Dr ashutosh looked at nidhi for a berief moment n said"dont worry about the cost..mr singhania n dr mehta...i am going to pay..every penny of the child's bill...n i shall see to it that he gets the best,the very best."as dr ranganath n dr dubey smiled ..n nidhi's eyes brimmed with tears of pride...ashutosh thundered out..giving his parting shot"dr rangamath,surgery on monday morning n dr priyanka will assist me..start the investigations right away...n now no one ..not even god can stop me from saving the child"

By the time ashutosh completed the list of tests,met the patient n his mother..who was speechless in gratitude,it was 8 p.m. when he reached home,he could hear nidhi n baba talking to nishu...as he entered..armaan emerged.."aa gaya ahu..chal ab aayega kane ka maza...aaja jaldi"As dr ashutosh entered his room,he saw his kurta pyjama,neatly kept on the bed..he smiled...n went in to bathe..at the dining table baba spoke"beta ,nidhi ne bataaya mujhe..aaj jo kiya tu ne..bahut achcha kiya...you are a true doctor..i am so proud of you my son...so proud,.."ashu gave an embarrassed smile as he looked at nidhi...baba spoke "beta,dr to bhagwaan ka doosra roop hota hai...this is not a profession ..its a service...pata nahi tumhare board me kaise kaise log aa gaye hain..."nidhi interrupted"baba,plz aap aradhana ji se poochiyega,woh kab aa rahi hain...nahi to board meeting kaise hongi"???baba smiled at the mention of aradhanaji ,n said"beta aaj hi baat karoonga..chinta na kar"n as nishu..banged the spoon on the table ,all eyes turned to himm

In the bedroom,as nidhi emerged from the washroom,ashutosh said"dekho nidhi..nishu "mamma "keh raha hai...nishu bolo phir se...plz"n as nidhi sat..nishu just smiled..a naughty smile...nidhi took him and began to feed...he seemed to be suckling harder than before...she shifted him to the other breast n as he suckled n ashutosh relaxed ..his eyes closed...just then ,nidhi squealed"ohhh!nishu..kya kar raha hai..."n as she separated nishu..ashutosh gotup n asked kya hua...kya hua nidhi"nidhi had her finger in nishu's mouth..n smiled"dekhiye,nishu ke do teeth aa rahe hain..feel kariye"as a mesmerised ashu put his finger in his son's mouth...n said"canine..."but he suddenly stopped dead n looked at nidhi's breasts..his finger holding the tit..bleeding "yeh..kaise...".."woh ..nishu ne..bechare ko teething ho rahi hai ..aap plz naaraaz nahi hoiye uspe...baby hai..."ashutosh did not say anything,just got up n cleaned the area with cotton n then applied the gel that sudhir had prescribed..he took nishu in his arms n kissed him...as nishu seemed to feel that he had probably done something wrong...as ashu hummed ,nishu gradually closed his eyes...n ashu finally put him in the crib...ncame to nidhi..caressing her back..he said"tough day..wasnt it"??nidhi smiled n snuggled up to ashu "tough ,yes..par aapne jo kiya...us patient ke liye...dr ashutosh ,aap phir se mere hero ho gaye..i love you even more...jaante hain..main jab bhi nishu ko dekhti hoon..yahi dua karti hoon..ki woh aap jaisa ho...apne papa jaisa...doosron ke aansoo ponchne wala..."ashutosh smiled n kissed nidhi..looking at her tit..it had stopped bleeding..but seemed sore..ashu bent n just put a moist kiss there..."i am sorry nidhi...""arre aap kyu sorry keh rahe hain..."n then having a naughty glint she said"waise ..bites to aapne bhi..."n blushed..recalling..those moments of passion..when ashutosh's fingers n sometimes teeth d leave a trail of love on her body...Ashu got up,got a hot water bottle n put it on her abdomen..."feeling better..."?heasked...reaising his eyebrow...n nidhi smiled n took his hand..n put it across her breasts.."now ,i am better..."n sleep conquered their tired limbs n minds...

The next day was sunday,..n ashu awakened nidhi..kissing her nose..."hey doc..i am off to the hospital for two hrs...us bachche ko dekhne...but jab tak main aaoon,tum aur nishu ready ho jaana...we will take him to the new kids world ..theme park...phir shaam ko usse chod kar jaana hai..i.m.a. party me"!!!nidhi remembered n pouted"nishu ko chod kar"??ashu smiled"usse i.m.a. attend karne ke liye m.b.b.s. karna hoga...koi puchchees baras lagenge...bolo"!!!nidhi laughed...When nishu got up,she gave him his geed...holding the injured portion carefully,n looked at him ..with love...so lovely...n so dependent on her...it made nidhi feel so very important...Bathing was again a long session as nishu splashed water n loved his bubble bath..finally at8.30 nidhi n nishu emerged..all dressed up for the outing..Baba looked at them n exclaimed"bhai wah!!subah subah kahaan..saj dhaj ke"??nidhi smiled n told baba everything..insisting that he d also come along but baba said that hed like to spend his sunday at jeevan sandhya..n as they sat for breakfast,dr ashutosh also returned..."theek hai..surgery set for tomorrow"...n then looked at nishu"wow!!mera beta..handsome"!!n nishu smiledn clapped ..looking aforable in his grey shorts n red tees..Armaan joked"ashu,tujhe pata hai waise,theme park me suit thoda ajeeb lagega...waise tu to shaayad honeymoon pe bhisuit me hi..."n nidhi burst into laughter as ashu glared at armaan...she cajoled"aap bhi chaliye armaanji..maza aayega..nishu bhi enjoy karega..."ashu added"haa..chal..plz koi bag uthaane wala bhi to chahiye"!!!n armaan threatened ashu with a mock fist...only to hug him in the end...

As they entered the theme park,ashutosh brought the blue bands..entitling them to all rides...n off they went!!nidhi n ashu sat eith nishu in a merry go round..n he loved it...laughing...n wanting to stand..to see around..next they went into "exploration trail"a train ride passing thru shallow ponds n tunnels...nishu squealed with delight when water splashed around but hugged ashutosh tightly as the darkness of the tunnel came...ashutosh kissed him on his cheek as if reassuring him that papa d be around in all the difficult moments..of life!!armaan took nishu in the cup n saucer ride as nidhi n ashutosh shared an ice cream..nidhi looked at ashutosh...n the transformation that had come...how a complex ,bitter man was today so full of sunshine n laughter...the magic of love...Just then armaan came with nishu on his shoulders..."aap logon ka romance khatm hua ho to iss bechare mere bhateeje pe bhi dhyaan do..hungry hai..."nidhi bit her lip as she took nishu ...n armaan said"ab mai jaa rahaa hoon dangerous wale rides pe...jo boodhe neurosurgeons ko nahi allowed hain..."n he darted away...Ashutosh n nidhi sat in the restaurant of the park n nidhi fed nishu cerelac..but he wanted the chop n pakoras that nidhi had ordered...ashu smiled n spoke"khane me tumpe na chala jaaye...sirf junk food khaayega..."nidhi pouted n ashutosh laughed"sorry..sorry..bhai,burgers,pakode bahut healthy food hota hi...ok"???!!!!!After his meal...nishu dozed off in nidhi's arms...as ashutosh looked into the croed wistfully...nidhi touched his hand"kya dekh rahe hain..."??ashu smiled"nidhi..kismet...bhaagya,destiny...in bachchon ko dekho...sab kuch hai..aaraam,security,ghar...maa baap ...sab kuch...aur kuch ke paas...zinda rehne ka huq bhi nahi...yehi sab baatein...mujhe bhagwaan ki existense pe doubt karne par majboor kar deti hain..."nidhi held his hand n said"dr ashutosh...agar bhagwaan na hota..to aapko baba kaise milte??us patient ko aap...kaise milte...aur ..hum dono...ek doosre ko...kaise milte...bhagwaan to hai..par shaayad..humaara test leta hai...dekhne ki liye ki hum kitna face kar sakte hain...bio chem pregnancy ke baad...jab mujhe udaasi ne gher liya tha...tab..mujhe mere bhagwaan mile...aapki shakl me..."n nishu seemed to be awakened by the sound of kids...n ashu smiled n completed"aur ab ..shaayad bhagwaan humaare ghar me hain...nishu ke roop me..."!!!!!both got up...looking for armaan...thinking he must be riding the most dangerous rides...they looked for him everywhere..but couldnt locate him...finally as ashu dialled his no.,their gaze settled on a distant figure...armaan..sitting alone..looking at the children playing arounf...wistfully rueing...probably remembering naina...nidhi looked at ashutosh...n both walked towards him...armaan was giving baloons n candies to some children...probably of park workers...when a kid asked him"uncle aapke bachche kahaan hain..."??armaan patted him n said"beta..mere bachche..mere bachche hostel mei rahtei hain..door bahut door..."
Ashutosh n nidhi looked at each other n gulped...as armaan began to walk away ...humming the old melody
Zindagi ..kaisi hai paheli haai...
Kabhi ye hansaaye..kabhi ye rulaaye...
Zindagi...

Dr ashutosh began to get ready for the I.M,A.meet.nidhi had taken out his dark grey suit,a sky blue shirt n a striped tie.As nidhi emerged from the wash room..with eet hair..in her gown..seeing ashutosh ready,she bent to take out her shoes from the rack..just then ,ashutosh caught her..."hey doc!!kya kar rahi ho??you are not to touch my shoes ever,,."..."par kyun??aap to mujhe sandle pehnaate the ,jab nishu hone wala tha...yaad hai"ashutosh raised his eyebrow ..n put a finger on nidhi's lips"nahi to nahi..hur baat me argument nahi..samjhi??aur ready nahi hona hai??"nidhi smiled..as she wriggled out of her gown n began to dress in an elegantblack n maroon chanderi..as she was adjustimg her pallu n pleats..ashutosh caught her by the waist n asked"kitna time lagega abhi"??nidhi smiled n said"ready hone deejiye..i should look dr nidhi ashutosh mathur.."ashutosh pulled her closer n commented"mrs nidhi ashutosh mathur to tum ho hi..prove kisse karna hai..."??nidhi pushed him away ..n wore simple pearl tops in her ears...ashutosh ran his fingers thru her long hair ..n said"chalo...nahi to...jaa nahi paayenge"!!  nidhi n ashu emerged ,having a look at nishu sleeping peacefully n nidhiexplaining to maxi ,what she should do if he got up..baba n armaan as usual said"dont worry,hum sambhaal lenge...aakhir ashu ko bhi to sambhala hai"!!!!

As dr ashutosh's car entered the venue,the president of I.M.Awelcomed him.dr sudhir dr nanada,dr ranganath n anji,dr priyanka,aditi ahaana n other drs had already arrived.in total there were about120 drs from various hospitals of lucknow.As dr dubey's ambassador entered..nidhi followed by ashutosh recieved him...n just as he was patting both of them,entered dr mehta...looking at nidhi...as she instinctively put her hand on ashu's arm..n he patted her..
The topic for the meet was ETHICS IN MEDICAL PROFESSION..n first the younger drs from various hospitals spoke..emphasising on the importance of ethics but also saying how important was money!!Nidhi sat between ashutosh n dr dubey ..listening to all.finally dr ashutosh was called for the keynote address.As he got up..dr dubey looked up at him n smiled...ashutosh touched his feet n moved on..as dr mehta gave him a caustic look...that dr ashutosh did not seem to bother about..such was ashutosh's charisma,such was his respect n reverence that all drs concentrated as he took the podium n started"ETHICS IN MEDICAL PROFFESSION is an extremly relevant topic today...whenmedical field is being transformed into a business..when my generation passed out of medical colleges we had the zeal to serve humanity..desire to cure pain n agony...sadly today ,most of the drs are interested in making money,..ready to conniv with pathological labs..n recommend innumerable tests that are not required...drs are fast becoming torts..its a shame..the disrepute that we r bringing to this noble profession..What has made things worse is drs joining hands with corporate houses n turning hospitals into money spinning business(ashutosh looked straoght at dr mehta)There are some drs who feel that the poor have neither the right to treatment nor the right to life...is this being ethical??(dr ashutosh was glaring at dr mehta..who shifted uncomfortably )when i started my career,i was guided by two great drs...my father dr mathur...n my guru ..dr dubey..n they taught me that being a dr was not a job..not a profession but a service...yes i earn..we all do..but ee should draw the line between honesty n cheating.Between help n exploitation n between need n greed...only then will drs continue to be respected n reverred...work to cure your patients ..not to stooch them...remember they see god in you...do not become the devil"the auditorium was in pin drop silence...n then dr dubey stood up n clapped followed by dr sudhir..n all the others...nidhi fought back her tears of pride n joy n stumbled to her feet n clapped...as dr mehta turned green with jealousy..n flushed red with anger...

The secretary of the i.m.a took over n announced the round of fun n frolick..as the younger drs cheered loudly..."well,we have a round of activities to judge THE COUPLE OF THE EVENING..firstly,i d request the couples to come on the dance floor...as our team of judges will judge their grace n compatibility .immediately about 25 couples came to the dance floor...as nidhi toyed with her bangles...dr ashutosh smiled..n taking her stand stood up...bringing her to the dance floor..as the english classical piano played..couples danced...nidhi was held secirely in ashutosh's arms as the two glided to music...ashutosh finally making nidhi twirl ...as dr mehta whispered to dr gandhi"biwi..jab apne se aadhi umr ki ho to dance kisi umr me bhi aa jata hai..."n dr gandhi ..looked at dr mehta with eyes that reflected anger n disgust...

The announcer made the names of the losers public...ashutosh nidhi had moved into the next round.."in this round,the ladies will have to sing ,dance,perform ..or in any possible way express their feelings for their husbands,..."nidhi was nervous...as drriyanka recited a lovely ghazal "aap ke bina zindagi sooni hai..kya kahe kis baat ki kumi hai...din to kut gaya kisi tarah ..raat mujassim thumi si hai"n all clapped.some wives danced...kathak..portraying eternal love themes...n some sang ..serenaded ntheir velvet voices..songs as"hum tumhe chahte hain aise,.."n "roothe roothe piya..manaaon kaise"??finally it was nidhi's turn..she felt the sweat in her hands...as ashutosh looked at her..sympathy n understanding in his eyes...he knew his nidhi couldnt sing...just when he was going to get up to accept defeat..nidhi spoke"friends,..i cannot sing..neither can i dance...but i will play this song from you tube...each word seems to be my feelings for..dr ashutosh"n she played the song...as everyone listened in raptured silence
DUNIYA ME AISA KAHAAN SAB KA NASEEB HAI ,KOI KOI APNE PIYA KE KAREEB HAI
BARKHA KI RUT HO YA DIN HO BAHAAR KE,SOONE SOONE LAGTE HAIN BINA TERE PYAAR KE
TU HAI TO ZINDAGI KO ZINDAGI NASEEB HAI...
DOOR HI REHTE HAIN INSE KINAARE ,JAB TAK NA KOI MANJHI PAAR UTAARE
PAAS HAI MANJHI TO KINAARA BHI KAREEB HAI...
KOI BUJHA DE CHAAHE DEEPAK SAARE,PREET JALAATI JAAYE RAHON ME TAARE
PREET DIWAANI KI KAHAANI BHI AJEEB HAI...
n there was deafning applause as ashitosh looked into nidhi's eyes...love written loud n clear...
The final round..husband's performance..there were drs whoerformed salsa,.described the beauty of their wives in verse n poems...lastly the jaunty secy said"lets see what a neurosurgeon can do for his wife..."a shy ashutosh smiled n took his seat by the piano...as he struck the notes..nidhi seemed to glow with love n fulfillment..ashutosh looked directly into nidhi's eyes as he serenaded
JAB KOI BAAT BIGAD JAAYE ,JAB KOI MUSHKIL PAD JAAYE,
TUM DENA SAATH MERA..O HUMNAWAA
NA KOI HAI,NA KOI THA ZINDAGI ME TUMHARE SIWA...TUM DENA SAATH...
JAB CHANDANI HOTI RAAT,DETA HAI HAR KOI SAATH..TUM ANDHERON ME BHI NA CHODNA MERA SAATH...
JAB KOI BAAT...
n as ashutosh got up n came to stand beside nidhi..the applause were deafning...The secy said"do i need to announce the winners"??n the whole audi screamed:"no...we know...dr ashutosh..dr nidhi..."As yhe prez tried to put a sash round ashutosh,he smiled...embarrassed n took it in his hand...as nidhi looked at her husband...the raja n his titli had won many hearts...of people who had seemed to prophecy that the relationship was doomed...

As the drs had dinner..ashutosh observed dr mehta talking animatedly with ahaana..n then as a smiling ahaana moved away,ashutosh saw mehta come back to the seniors...whileother drs appreciated nidhi n ashutosh,mehta did not lose a chance to demean ..n said caustically"dr nidhi...its so very sad that dr ashutosh..in his penchant for philanthropy is wasting that money with which he could have brought solitaires for your lovely ears"!!ashutosh looked at mehta with anger...but nidhi replied...cold but firm"sir...he has given me the biggest solitaire...he himself...usse zyaada kya denge...aap hi bataaiye"!!!dr mehta had been check mated...as dr ashutosh smiled ...putting an arm around nidhi...

The next morning ,ashutosh left really early.Dr ranganath had the o.t n the patient ready..as dr ashutosh n priyanka walked...the child's mother held ashutosh's hands.."doctor sahib...mere bete ki zindagi aapke haath me hai..."n she extended her aanchal..as if begging for her child's life...dr ashutosh..couldnt say anything...n just entered the o.t.
As he opened the cranium...all he remembered was..it was not just a boy..it was the future n hope of a lonely helpless woman...ashutosh took a deep breath..n pushed away images of his own poor hungry childhood away ...n became just a oair of dextrous hands...n nimble fingers...It was a fairly long operation but finally ashutosh pulled it off ...successful..as he sewed himself..n observed the monitor...all was well...he emerged victorious...as dr priyanka told the good news to the child's mother...she fell at her feet...blessing her..an embarassed priyanka tried to lift her...ashutosh looked at priyanka n said"dr priyanka..jo khushi..jo sukoon kisi ki jaan bacha kar aata hai...woh arbon rupaiy kamaa kar bhi nahi aa sakta"priyanka bowed...proud to be the assistant of such a dr...such a man...such an institution...

It was 2.15 as a tired ashutosh entered his cabin...n as he put his jacket on the back of the chair...n slumped ..closing his eyes...he felt familiar soft hands on his forehead,..massaging him...bringing relief...dr ashutosh caught nidhis hand n spoke,.."nidhi...tum nahi hoti..to mai kya karta..."????nidhi just smiled...n continued to pres his tired brow...sainyaan... 

It was7.30 in theevning nd dr ashuoshwastking his final roundof the wards,h visited the gynac ward,th kids ward whr all kids talkd about nidhi"didi"n then hcameto the i. C. U.Thingssmd fine with nearly all patients but when ashutosh examined the child whom he had operated upon,the pulse seemed just a little weak.dr gandhi was attending to him.he commented"sir,his bleeding was slow to stop...blood loss has caused him to have a faint pulse n low b.p. i have been trying for blood transfusion but unluckily his mother's blood does not match n he has no other relatives...the blood bank too does not have his group..."ashutosh raised his eyebrow"what group"??"the pretty common B sir"!!ashutosh paused"it often happens,B is in great demand you see...let me do something...how much does he need"??"just a bottle or two sir..one donor d be enough"...ashutosh knew nidhi was B+but then she was nursing n having her periods...as a dr they had been taught it was perfectly safe to donate blood..in such conditions but as a husband...he felt..unsure..He looked at the helpless mother of the boy...the increasingly nervy dr gandhi..he took out his cell n dialled nidhi..

Nidhi had just finished feeding nishu n was going to arrange ashutosh's almirah when the phone rang"kahiye,ghar nahi aa rahe kya"??ashutosh answered with a question"nidhi,meri ek madad karogi..plz"??nidhi spoke"jo bhi kahiye...""us bachxhe ko..bed no 25 ko blood chahiye..B +..donate karogi plz...we have drawn a flak every where else..."nidhi smiled"dr ashutosh,ye bhi koi poochne ki baat hai...mere ek senior ne mujhe sikhaya tha...ki ek dr ke liye ,uske patients sabse pehleaate hain...main bas abhi aayee"nidhi told baba n maxi she had to rush to the hospital n d be back in an hr.the hapoy nishu did not seem to mind,he cried"mamma..by"

Nidhi entered the i.c.u. dr ashutosh looked at her..n asked dr gandhi to check her hb. It was 8.5 low but she could donate...as dr gandhi made the arrangements,ashutosh asked nidhi.."how are you feeling...i mean...you know what"!!!nidhi smiled"dr ashutosh..i am fine..if i can save a life..even with a little discomfort..dont you think its worth it??"ashutosh had pride shining in his eyes...As nidhi lay on the bed,dr gandhi tried to search her artery but in vain...finally dr ashutosh came..pressed his thumb on her arm n inserted the needle...looking into her eyes as she tried not to wince...Nidhi could see her blood being collected in a bottle...she was a dr and the sight did not make her nervous,..also dr ashutosh was with her..measuring her b.p. from time to time ..and when the process was over dr gandhistarted transfusion into the child..while nidhi tried to get up..feeling suddenly very dizzy but ashu's strong arms were around her and he helped her to his cabin..n made her lie on the sofa.then got a large juice for her n made her sip it...nidhi probably slept or lost her consciousness against ashutosh's chest..n as he made her lie n felt her pulse ..it was normal..she just neede rest.he looked at her...n smiled...a smile of love ,.of care..of appreciation..of pride...n then taking off his jacket he covered her with it...n went out to look at the patient...
Nidhi hugged the jacket tighter..in her semi conscious state..for it had the smell of her dr ashutosh...n gave her that ultimate sense of security ...In the i.c.u. the child was out of danger n the mother had come to know that it was dr nidhi,dr ashutosh's wife who had been the saviour of her son...she did not have words ..she just folded her hands n sobbed as ashutosh stood,checking her son...dr gandhi patted her..all were silent..yet the deepest human emotions were being conveyed...a doctor's duty,a mother's gratefullness...n a husbamd's pride...
At 10,when ashutosh was satisfied,that the child was fine,he returned to his chamber..nidhi was sleeping snuggly ..wrpped in his jacket..her hair all over her face.ashutosh sat n pushed her hair back ,caressed her forehead n whispered "sweetheart,ghar nahi chalna"??nidhi opened her tired looking eyes...n smiled"jee...patient kaisa hai..."??ashutosh gulped..this was his nidhi...always placing others before self..."theek hai...tum kaisi ho...back ache hai"??nidhi shook her head "unhh"as ashutosh drove the car,nidhi kept looking outside the window"kyaa soch rahi ho..."??nidhi gave a lost lookn said"soch rahi hoon...ki main kitni khushkismat hoon...aapki biwi hoke...aapke saath mujhe bhi logon ki duaaen mil jaati hain"!!ashutosh left the gear..n took her hand...

Nishu was fast asleep but nidhi still took him in her lap n kissed his brow...before putting him back...n when she came to bed tired..ashutosh had a hot water bottle ready for her tired back...he always thought of her comfort...her welbeing...afterall she was the world to him...
With each passing week,nishu was becoming more active n independent..his mixing nature made it very easy for nidhi to leave him n go to the hospital...he d be a joy to baba n armaan.maxi n kaka were also very fond of him.nishu was truly the chiraag of mathur niwaas..As things in the hospital were much the same...with dr mehta making life difficult for dr aditi n dr priyanka ..n trying to woo dr ahaana.dr ashutosh took great care of not allowing dr ahaana assist dr dr mehta...for he somehow smelt something sinister in the looks of dr mehta...nidhi too had begun to find it rather strange how dr mehta would call only dr ahaana to his cabin n discuss cases for long hrs...she wondered if ahaana enjoyed this interacction...
One evening as nidhi was coming out of the childrens ward ..she saw dr ahaana come out of dr mehta's chamber...flushed with anger...adjusting her apron...nidhi cried"ahaana"but she just went off in a huff...nidhi kept turning the incident in her mind the whole night...when ashutosh saw her sleepless ,he asked "kya baat hai ..neend nahi aa rahi"??nidhi shared with him what she had seen...ashu agreed to her concern n added that he d talk to sudhir...
The next afternoon,as nidhi left the hospital,she told ashutosh to check a baby apoorva in the kids ward..she had viral bit the fever was still high...as she was coming out,she saw dr ranganath busy preparing the duty chart...she had a look ..night duty..dr mehta with dr priyanka...nidhi was relieved...she drove home happily...

In the night dr ashutosh came early and as they ate ,he informed her that her patient apoorva was stable n he had administered her the analgesic..baba told nidhi that he wanted a new suit ..so which colour should he buy??ashu smiled n asked"baba,suit pehan ke kahan jaayenge aap..."??but nidhi interjected "nahi baba,mann hai to zuroor banwaaiye..mere khayaal se black ya dark blue achcha lagega..."armaan added"open...with a striped tie...lagenge..top neuro ke baba..."!!ashu smiled'"arre apne zamaane me baba mujhse bade neuro surgeon the..."nishu cried n baba turned his attention to him.."haan tu bata..mere bachche..."In the bedroom ,nidhi complained..."dekhiye na..ab nahi suckle karta mujhe...bas morning me feed leta hai thodi si..."ashu smiled as he took nishu n lulled him..."its natural nidhi...woh bada ho raha hai...khata hai..khana...tum dukhi kyun ho"???nidhi pouted"kyunki..i feel ab isse meri zuroorat nahi hai..."ashutosh put nishu in his crib n hugged nidhi"meri stupid nidhi...tum maa ho uski...maa ka kaam doodh pilaanaa hi hota hai kya...come on...nishu ko tumhari zuroorat hur kadam par padegi..maa ki jagah koi nahi le sakta..aur yeh hum dono se behtar air kaun jaan sakta hai..."??saying so ashutosh took nidhi in his arms,reassuring her with his kisses n then settling her on his chest ..his fingers running in her hair...kissing her head...till both eere lost to sleep..
Nidhi was awakened by her cell ringing,it was the staff nurse ..apoorva was running high fever again n wanted her...nidhi said she d come..she being a mother knew when kids wanted something they just wanted it...she changed,wrote a note for dr ashutosh ,kept it at his side table n drove off ...

In the hospital,nidhi rushed to the childrens ward,apoorva was running 103 degree fever n was indeed very irritable.nidhi immediately started ice foementation n then administered calpol syrup...as the fever waned the child slept off   n then nidhi took the nurse to task"why did you not call dr priyanka...she is on night duty!"the nurse replied"no dr nidhi...its dr ahaana...n i did went to inform her but dr mehta snubbed me that she was his assistant and not responsible for the kids ward..."nidhi fumed in anger...n wondered how the duty was changed...however she decided not to pursue the matter with the nurse and sat to observe apporva...after about 45 mins when her fever was almost normal,nidhi decided to return...just as she was returning,in the corridoor,she heard something falling...she didnt pay much attention..she wanted to get home as soon as possible...but then she heard a scream ...and without fail she could recognise it,it was ahaana...indeed..ahaana it was...nidhi stopped dead in her tracks...turned trying to locate where the sound was coming from...she ran up the corridoor..throwing the doors of all cabins open...till she came to the cabin of dr mehta..it was bolted from inside n nidhi could hear ahaana crying ...pleading ...while dr mehta seemed to be forcing himself..nidhi gathered all her courage...she knew thesituation was dangerous but she could notlet ahaana down..never...ever..she looked around...saw a ward boys stool,lifted it n banged the glass of the doorwith it...then putting her hand inside she tried to open the latch...but a strong masculine hand pressed her arm..on to the broken glass...she cried in pain but did not give up...holding on to the latch...opening it finally...but as she entered...mehta..pushed her on to the floor...n caught hold of ahaana...nidhi saw that ahaana had been heckled...her top was torn at the collar n hair were dishevelled...she understood...dr mehta had had evil intentions n thus had got ahaanas duty swapped with priyankas...she sweltered with anger..got up n rushed at mehta...biting his hand that held ahaana...drmehta snarled"okay...hot girl..let me taste you first...n teach you a lesson for life..."n with one ugly attempt he tore nidhi's apron...and held her bleeding hands up against the wall...as ahaana...atood in a state of shock...not knowing ehat to do...while dr mehta kept holding nidhi against the wall ..mocking her...n just as he bent to violate those pious lips...ahaana shrieked..."eee heeelllppp"n there was a loud crash on the door ...the next nidhi knew was that someone pulled the devil mehta away from her and was giving him black n blue...as she rushed to a shocked n crying ahaana..n hugged her...only to feel suddenly very faint...and just then those familiar strong arms caught her by the waist,...she was carried to the casuality ,where he ...dr ashutosh himself...removed the pieces of glass from her wrist n stitched it...As she opened her eyes...she looked around"ahaana..."ashutosh spoke"yahin hai...sudhir nanda aa rahe hain..."nidhi tried to get up...ashutosh helped her.."where is..."ashutosh raised his eyebrow..."mehta???locked in my chamber...nursing his broken jaw..."ahaana entered...she had changed...her apron...but was looking very shaken..before nidhi could say anything...dr sudhir n nanda entered...absolutely worried"kya hua ashutosh"??n ahaana broke down n hugged her fathrr,...crying her heart out...as sudhir n nanda looked at ashutosh...finally ashutosh spoke "the bloody snake in the grass dr mehta...tried to force himself on ahaana...in the hospital...can u imagine such a foul deed"?? Ahaana spoke beteeen hicupps"mamma,he d have surely...he d have raped me...had nidhi not brokeb the door...he tore her hand against the glass...n ..n ..papa...he tried to.,."ahaana broke down...the shock had been too much for her,...as nanda hugged her...sudhir looked at an inuured nidhi...n then looked at ashutosh...who said"yes...when i entered the cabin..he was about to force himself on an injured nidhi...i was in the nick of time..." dr ashutosh held nidhi n closed his eyes for a second...nidhi asked..."aap aaye kyun..."ashu smiled"just a sixth sense...tumhara note padha..Aur socha...chaloon..."Dr sudhir came to nidhi,took her hand...n said"lil girl...tumne humari beti ko bachane ke liye apni jaan jokhim me daal di...you are really v v special..."n saying so..he hugged nidhi...as nanda too came n kissed her..Dr ashutosh added,"hospital ka maamla hai...plus delicate sotation hai to maine abhi police case nahi lidge kiya hsi...kl board meetingbullaai hai..mehta ko chodoonga nahi...i promise u that...but ahaana ko board ke saamne appear hona hoga...nidhi bhi hogi..."sudhir nodded n thanked both of them...reminding ashutosh to give antibioticas to nidhi...
As ashutosh helped nidhi sit in the car.he looked at her..n said.."mujhe ye to humesha se pata tha ki meri nidhi bahadur hai..pur itni bahadur hai..ye nahi pata tha..."n he took her bandaged hand n raised it to his lips...

As dr ashutosh bade bye to dr sudhir n nanda..holding their distraught daughter...he told nidhi to sit in dr ranganath's cabin n called the head nurse n dr on duty...also dialled dr ranganath n dr dubey..apprising them of the situation n requesting them to come at sharp 11 for the administrative meeting.dr dubey too,as a senior felt that mehta should be severely punished but one should think twice before going to the police..they should deal with him as a medical fraternity...dr ashutosh seemed to agree..n relented to dr dubey's suggestion that he should lock mehta in a private ward till the morning.Ashu came out n opened his cabin with two ward boys.mehta was sitting on his chair...legs on the table..completely unrepentant...ashutosh's infamous temper flared up"will you just get up...you are not worthy of sitting on this chair..."mehta looked at ashutosh..n smiled"dr ashutosh...i am worthy of a lot of things...n you know that n by the way...are you angry at my hands being on your table or on your dear wife's..."n ashutosh's eyes seemed balls of fire...as he clenched his fists...trying to control his temper..n looked at the ward boys,telling them cooly"mehta saheb ko room no.7 mei le chalo"as mehta was held n escorted ..ashutosh followed,examined the room for anything dangerous..it was on the top floor so jumping out was not a possibility,still ashutosh closed the windows,disconnected the phone,took mehta's cell away..n as he was coming out...mehta fired his salvo"dr ashutosh...aajse jab bhi dr nidhi ko dekhoge...uske jism pe meri parchaai paaoge..."ashutosh came back,took out hands from his pockets n put his hands on dr mehta's shoulders...he spoke with a conviction that sent shivers down mehta's spine"mehta...aurat koi sports car nahi hoti..you cant possess a woman...but sadly maniacs like you wont understand it...aur rahi baat nidhi ki...to mehta,let me tell you...mere pyaar ki dhoop mei..koi bhi parchaai nidhi par nahi reh sakti...yaad rakhna...n now good night."

Dr ashutosh came to dr ranganath's cabin.nidhi was sitting...quiet ...but stable..he put a hand on her shoulder...she looked up..."chaliye ghar...nishu uth gaya hoga ...6.30 baj gaye"!!ashutosh replied"maine baba ko phone kar diya tha...chalo"as nidhi stood up,ashutosh saw her kurta torn at the top ..the mark of mehta's nails now more apparent on her slender neck...Ashutosh gulped n put his jacket around her shoulders...as they walked to the car park..,As the car stopped in mathur niwaas,nidhi got down n ashutosh too walked beside her...as they entered.baba n armaan were having tea ...they seemed shocked on seeing nidhi in a dishevelled state...and arm bandaged.."kya..kya hua ashu..nidhi ko kya hua..."??armaan held her chin..n looked at the ugly nail marks...understanding a molestation bid...he looked at ashutosh...in intense anger"ashu...kisne kiya yeh sab..."??ashu looked at nidhi..who moved to the kitchen to ask for tea n then went to look for nishu..maxi said he had woken up but she had patted him back to sleep...As baba heard the unfolding of events...he closed his eyes..in pain ..in reflected agony of a patriarch and in shame of a doctor..."nidhi..kaisi hai..is she badly shaken..."???baba asked ashutosh..."na baba..nidhi has a deep strength...n she feels she has to stand for ahaana...thus she is not broken...but injured hai..haath me..12 stitches lagaaye hain maine hee..."baba nodded...n added"ashutosh..yaad rakhna,aise zahreele aadmi ko doctor kehlaane ka koi huq nahi hai...action must be taken...aur woh bachchi...ahaana kaisi hai"??before ashu could reply ,maxi brought tea...ashu took out amplox from his pocket n gave nidhi a tablet...as nidhi swallowed,he observed her...was she shaken??was she in pain??"nidhi ,kya baat hai..problem hai kuch"??.."jee nahi..bus soch rahi thi..aahna ko visit karne ki...kaisi hogi..pata nahi..."ashu patted her.."abhi aaraam kar lo..fir fresh hokar chalenge..around 9..."As nidhi came in to the bedroom..nishu cried"mamma..."nidhi rushed tohim..but was unable to lift him...as her right hand was injured...ashutosh came...lifted nishu n hushed him..."chup nishu...dekho mamma yaheen hai...chalo duddu peena hai"??nidhi looked at ashu ...ashu smiled,made nishu sit,raised nidhi's kueta n undid her bra..so that she could feed nishu..nishu settled in her lap n began to suckle...as nidhi leaned on the bed...then as she wanted to shift nishu to the other breast...ashutosh lifted him..but just as nishu began to suckle,nidhi gave a yell of agony...ashutosh rushed n held her..looking worried "kya baat jaan..kya hua"??n as he looked down he n nidhi saw nidhi's left nipple ..it was absolutely blue..n swollen..Ashutosh pulled nishu away.."yeh kaise..."nidhi too seemed surprised..but then recalled"when i was trying to free ahaana from the fiend...he hit me with full force..thats why its swollen...n blue.."Ashutosh kept quiet..but as he examined the breast..n recalled mehta 
saying"jab jab nidhi ka jism dekhoge..meri parchaain paaooge"ashutosh..bit his lip but his angst was palpable..
Ashutosh came out bathed..but not changed..."chalo..i will help you sponge..n change..aao"he took out nidhi's stuff n took her into the wash room while nishu played outside in the hall with baba.Ashutosh carefully wiped nidhi..n then applied antiseptic on her scratches on the neck..thereafter,making her wear her clothes..realizing fully well that the swollen tit was agonising..but althrough..nidhi seemed somewhere else..Finally ashutosh asked.."kya baat hai..rone ka mann hai.."but nidhi looked straight into his eyes"no,dr ashutosh..rone ka nahi..rulaane ka mann hai...but plz ahaana ke paas le chaliye ,plz"ashu smiled...n kissed her scratches...his lips telling nidhi that his love was like the powerful broad n serene river..pious like the ganges..and no dirty drain could ever pollute it...he held nidhi..close to his chest...n then softly asked"dukh raha hai ..bahut"??nidhi smiled"nahi...stitches nahi dukh rahe..par yahaan..."she pointed to her breast.Ashutosh said"chalo..lets go to ahaana"

When dr sudhir n nanda had brought ahaana home,she seemed ina state of complete shock...n fear..as she held on to her father..clutching his hand...nanda brought her to their bedroom..n took her to the washroom..n said"baby,naha le..you will feel better..."she came out..n stood listening to the sound of the shower..ahaana emerged in her pyjama n top..hair still wet..sudhir spoke..'"baby,baal geele hain..ruk main ponchta hoon"n he got the towel n patted her dry..quite like her childhood days..when nanda d be busy n he d bathe n dress her..nanda got coffee ..ahaana sipped a little but then just held sudhir."papa...".."haan baby ..dont be scared..chalo ab so jaao...dont worry..hum hain na"!!but ahaana d just not move away.."papa,mai yaheen soongi..aapke aur mamma ke paas"..sudhir patted her..as he settled her between himself n nanda..holding her as she sobbed in her sleep..nanda caressed her hair..trying to soothe her..n then they looked at each other..realising their daughter had faced near violation..she was broken in spirit n confidence...as parents ,their top priority d be to let her feel secure..protected...but would they be able to give her the courage to fight..against the criminal..the violator??sudhir n nanda wondered as ahaana murmured "mamma...papa"n snuggled closer...almost like a helpless child..whose favourite toy had been broken..only in this case it was not the toy but she herself who was nearly broken...sudhir closed his eyes..wiping the tears that fell..

At 9.20 the door bell to sudhir's house rang..it was dr ashutosh n nidhi.Sudhir came down..his eyes that of a father who had cried for his daughter n with his daughter...the whole night..Dr ashutosh held his hand...trying to reaffirm his support n solidarity"ahaana kaisi hai"??"okay..but...tum khud hi dekh lo.."n dr sudhir took nidhi n dr ashutosh upstairs..explaining how a scared ahaana had slept with her parents.."ashutosh,she is very scared..i dont think she can face the board..see for yourself..maybe ..she should just leave kotnis"the three entered the master bedroom..nanda sat ,combing ahaana's short blunt hair..Dr ashutosh smiled'how are you "??ahaana looked away trying to blink her tears back...sudhir n nanda looked at ashutosh uncomfortably...ashutosh sat on the bed...n spoke"ahaana..look at me ..n tell me...dont you want mehta to be punished..??would you not like to warn others...tell me"??ahaana just put her hands on her ears n hid her face in her mom's lap..crying hysterically.."just leave me...sir plz ..."dr ashutosh looked at nidhi..standing near the study table..She walked towards ahaana n held her by the shoulders"ahaana,dekh meri taraf...aur bata..kya ye pehli baar tha jab dr mehta ne tere se badsalooki karne ki koshish ki...tell the truth..."ahaana lowered her eyes..sudhir seemed shocked..nidhi continued"tu bata..agar tu himmat nahi karegi..board ko complain nahi karegi ..to kya sab theek ho jaayega..come on tell me"ahana spoke hysterically crying"nidhi,mujhe darr hai..mai so nahi paa rahi..what if he had..hurt me..."??ashutosh looked at nidhi..and gave a sad smile..laced with pride..nidhi shouted"achcha..to agar chup rahegi to shaanti mil jaayegi ??yeh soch ke darr lagta hai tujhe ki woh tere saath kya kar saqta tha...yeh soch ke darr nahi lagta ki agar tu chup rahegi to kitni aur ladkiyon ke saath woh kya kya karega...cant you be responsible"??ashutosh spoke softly..."ahaana,i know you are scared..but fear is not the answer..agar nidhi bhi darr ke tumhe akela chod deti..to kya hota..socho to zara..."ahaana looked up at ashutosh..then at her father n mother..who seemed to echo ashutosh's sentiments...she recalled the moment..when nidhi had broken thru..risked her honour n safety to save her...ahana closedher eyes..n then walked up to hug nidhi..tight"thanks nidhi...thanks..."and as she held nidhi tighter..in an expression of gratefullness..nidhi suddenly cried"ooouuuchhh"n collapsed..clutching her breast...Sudhir looked at ashutosh ,who rushed n held her"nidhi..are you okay..bolo plz"!!nidhi closed her eyes n winced..as ashutosh explained"diring the scuffle,the bas***d hit herhard right there..its all blue.."sudhir wasted no time"quick,ashutosh,get her into my clinic..."As ashutosh,nanda and ahaana helped nidhi on to the examination table..dr sudhir opened the gown..n ahaana turned her face away.."oh..nidhi!!all because of me"she sobbed..sudhir signalled nanda to take her away,as he cleaned nidhi and put the protection of cotton pad n gauze n tape..as she came changed..sudhir got up..heldnidhi by her hand n said"nidhi...what you have done..not many would have..you are truly exceptional...i do not know ashutosh..how will i ever repay both of you..."ahaana entered with nanda.."sir...i am inspired by nidhi...if she can bear so much of pain for me..cant i be brave enough...i will be your true junior sir..i shall depose..before the committee"
Ashutosh beamed..."yes..thats like a good girl..thats like a brave girl...infact you two are very brave girls indeed,..and remember...iam there with you..to protect your honour ..your prestige..your status...mere rahte hue,kgh ki har female employee mehfooz hai aur hamesha rahegi...yeh duniya sirf mehta jaise gire hue mardon ki nahi hai...iss baat ko yaad rakhna..aur apne vishwaas ko kabhi dagmagaane na dena..."

At 11 a.m sharp dr dubey,dr gandhi,dr ranganath assambled in the conference room of k.g.h. and just as they were discussing the horrifying events of the previous nighr,mr viren singhania thundered in..."where is dr mehta...i d like to meet him"dr ranganath stood up to answer"sir,he is locked up n the keys n the authority to open his confinement lies only with dr ashutosh...sir,so you shall have to wait"..."ashutosh..why does he have the authority when i ahave the largest percentage of shares...??who the hell is he"??dr ranganath was speechless for a moment but dr ashutosh ,who had just enteredalong with dr mehta in tow added"mr singhania,i happen to be the managing director of this hospital...i think you conveniently overlooked that fact...n as far as the share%is concerned..that is relevant for the board meeting...this is just an administrative meet...called due to the unsavoury actions of this so called doctor"completed dr ashutosh as he gave an angry n disgusted look to dr mehta..who was trying his level best to camouflage his cunning face with an innocent expression...Dr ashutosh put both his hands on dr mehra's shoulders n proceeded"tell all of us ..mehta..what you did last night...or shall i??"?mehta seemed to squirm but just for a split second...his gaze met that of viren singhania...n he smiled...dr ashutosh saw them smile n crushed the paper that he held in his hand...dr mehta started"colleagues,i must be given a chance to defend myself..shouldnt i be..even murderers get that..."dr dubey n others looked at each other as mr singhania spoke"yes,dr mehta,go ahead..."mehta cleared his throat"well,as you know,my marriage is dying...n eversince i joined kotnis,i developed a soft corner for dr ahaana...yes,i requested dr ranganath to change dr priyanka's duty because i wanted to be with ahaana...and she too is ..is..is in love weith me...she has never turned down my overtures earlier...just as i and ahaana were getting a little close..n mind you there is no crime in doing so between two consensual adults..just then..dr ashutosh entered the hospital..n wrecked havoc on me...look at me..."said mehta showing his bruised nose n swollen jaw..Singhania looked at ashutosh...who spoke"yes ,i did hit him...but ask him why..ask him"...dr dubey got up n came to where dr mehta was standing"tell us mehta,why did ashutosh hit you"??..."because..he himself has eyes set on dr ahaana,n could not bear her in my arms,..thats why..."!!!!ashutosh stood up,flushed with anger n boomed"what nonsense is this mehta...ahaana is like a daughter to me...she is my colleagues daughter...n i have never ever have had any such emotions for her...n every one knows that..."ashutosh looked at his colleagues...who seemed to nod in support..but mehta continued in his defence"dr ashutosh...your credentials put you on flimsy,slippery ground...you fell in love..n desired your own intern ..almost the same age as dr ahaana...so how is it not possible what i am saying ..is true"??ashutosh seemed to be losing his temper,..he gripped mehta's collar..n lookig down his entire length..thundered"maine nidhi se pyaar kiya tha...aur phir shaadi...uske saath zabardasti karne ki koshish nahi ki thi...mehta..and gentlemen..kal raat mai hospital aaya kyunki meri biwi dr nidhi ko late night emergency call ayee thi...jab meri aankh khuli aur maine unka note dekha to mai hospital ayaa..."drs listened intently"phir kya hua dr ashutosh"??..."phir,paediatric ward se maloom hua ki dr nidhi jaa chuki thi...as i was walking down ,i heard loud crash..aawaaze mehta ke cabin se aa rahi thi..jab wahaan mai pahunchaa...to..dr mehta..meri patni ke saath zabardasti karne ki koshish kar rahe the...dr ahaana wahi khadi ro rahi thi...unka apron aur top phataa hua tha..."as there was pindrop silence ...n dr dubey lowered his aged head in shame..at what a doctor could do..mr singhania asked "dr ashutosh..could you plz elaborate"zabardasti"what exactly was dr mehta trying to do...what was dr nidhi foing...why did she not resist...why did dr ahaana not resist...were they enjoying the attention...pretty girls often do..."!!The fuse to ashutosh's infamous hardstone temper was blown..he looked first at mehta then at singhania...then with a set clenched jaw spoke"yes mr singhania..i d tell what zabardasti means...mehta was trying to forcefully kiss my wife...while he held her injured hands clenched up against the wall...n dr ahaana was in a state of complete shock..n scare..i had to call her parents to send her home...n mr singhania..i neither had a mother..nor have a sister or daughter...but yes i do have a wife..and i d like to say it on record..that no woman ever d like to be forced upon...its a myth created n propagated by males who think there is nothing more to a woman than her body...the only way you can win over a woman is through your love n commitment,...but dr mehta sadly thought otherwise...n tried to force himself on not one..but two of his juniors...dr nidhi n dr ahaana...when one was alone n the other had been injured n rendered defenceless by him..."as dr ashutosh cast an angry look on mehta,the jackal in mehta lampooned "how will you prove all that you say dr ashutosh...do you have a witness..."smiled mehta...quite sure that neither of the two women would dare to face the ignominy of admitting that they had faced an attempt to rape...Dr ashutosh..stood right in front of dr mehta..pulled up his dishevelled tie ..n said"dr mehta...i have not one but two witnesses...and let me tell you ..a woman is not just a lovely body...she is a steely resolve..she is the power of the universe...jo aurat itni taqleef seh ke hume janm de sakti hai...woh utni hi himmat aur taaquat se humaare zulmo ke khilaaf khadi bhi ho sakti hai...just one advice to you...aurat ko kabhi..bechaai..kamzor..mazloom samajhne ki galti na karna...jis din aurat jaagti hai..us din ..mehta..achche achcho ki neend ud jaati hai...and now my witnesses..dr ahaana n dr nidhi.."

Dr mehta's face lost colour...as dr dubey ,dr gandhi looked at viren singhania..looking shocked at this turn...no one had expected that the victims will have the courage to depose before the board...or administration...Ahaana entered..in jeans n a white kurti..looking stable but fear still lurking in her eyes...sudhir n nanda had kissed her just as they did begore each exam...after all this too was an exam in their child's life..next entered nidhi..in her green churidaar kurta..quiet..but steely..eyes burning with anger..n lips quivering in pain..that made ashutosh gulp...Dr dubey looked at dr ahaana n asked"dr ahaana,tell us honestly...are you n dr mehta in a relationship..??and also throw light on your relations with dr ashutosh'"Ahaana looked surprised,,...but a look at nidhi steadied her nerves..she spoke trying to steady her voice"sir..i and dr mehta have NEVER EVER been in a relationship..but since the last month he has been repeatedly trying to ..to...to be close to me.."dr gandhi spoke"ahaana,you will have to elaborate...".."sir..the way he looked at me..when i assisted him,he d always try to caress me...he d always ..stare...at ...at...my bosom.."the drs gasped but mr singhania interjected"dr ahaana,all that you have said so far is very subjective...you cant punish him because he gazed at you...n after all you are v beautiful..maybe he just appreciated that...n when we work together..dont hands brush against each other..."??ahaana seemed moved to tears..but she fought them back..n said"i know sir..but a woman knows the difference between appreciation n desire...between good n bad touch.."..singhania encountered"so when mehta's touch was bad..why did you not complain in the first instance..."??.."yes..i should have..but i was simply scared...i thought it d pass off"mr sinhhania smiled"and your relations with ur saviour,..dr ashutosh"??..ahaana looked straight n said"he is my guru...my father's friend and a father figure to me too...its with his n dr nidhi's support that i stand here..."singhania went on.."so,tell us ..all that happened between the time you entered dr mehta's cabin n the time your father figure dr ashutosh came to save you.."no one missed the cheap sarcasm in singhania's voice as a smile still played on mehta's lecherous lips.Ahaana smoothened her hair..n went on"i was onnight duty,mehta sir called me into his cabin at about 2.30 to discuss some medication..but when i went in,he ...hwpe..tried to hug me..when i resisted..he pushed me to the sofa..n came..over..i fought..he was all over..."ahaana wiped her tears as the drs hung their heads in shame..n ashutosh glared at sinhhania.."he tore my apron..n tugged at my tee shirt..i cried...n then there was a crash at the door..it was dr nidhi...the brute caught her hand n pressed it against the glass but she forced the door open...he hither..brutallyon ..on.."singhania interrupted"yes...where was dr nidhi hit"??..ahaana lowered her eyes"he hit her with his full force on her breast..."ranganath could see dr ashutosh close his eyes in reflected agony..."n then he held her,..hands above..n just as he was...dr ashutosh entered n hit him...n called the ward boys too..."Dr dubey called out.."dr nidhi plz"nidhi who had been watching the proceedings silently came ahead..mehta looked at her..n nidhi looked right back squarely into his eyes"so,dr nidhi..i tried to molest you..did i.."nidhi spoke calmly"yes..drs..i testify..whatever dr ahaana has said is true..she was being attacked n molested by dr mehta,when i came to save her..he turned his attention on me..my in jurieson my wrist..scratches on my neck are an evidence..."dr gandhi..had tears in his eyes as he looked at nidhi's swollen hand n scratched neck..bearing evidence to the trauma...Mr singhania queried lecherously..."dr ahaana said..dr mehta hit you on your...bosom..could you testify"??ashutosh looked up..flaring..nidhi turned to him ..n then walked across putting her hand on his for a fleeting moment.."yes..sir...what details do you want...my gynaec is dr sudhir..he has dressed my wound..he can give you a detailedreport..it is the left breast...right on the nipple..this is what you want to know...yes..i am blue n sore ..swollen..unable to feed my son...and i know..you thought i would not testify because of shame...well let me tell you..i or ahaana have no sense of shame..why should we...or any girl who is violated...it should be the mehtas of the world who should be ashamed...and sir...when you talk of women's bosom..kindly recall your own mother's ..i am sure..you must have suckled it to grow up...unless she too had been bruised blue by someone like dr mehta..."saying so..nidhi turned..not bothering to look at anyone else..except her strength...dr ashutosh..n ashutosh looked at her with pride..with love..with agony of her pain...n with that wonderful realisation that his nidhi was tough when the situation demanded her to be...dr ahaana followed nidhi..n dr dubey sttod up"well,i being the chief administrator of this hospital,wish dr mehta to be dismissed with immediate effect for charges against him are certainly true.n beyond doubt..i also do not think him worthy enough to be on the board of directors of k.g.h. even for a day.i table the resolution for the same..."Dr gandhi n ranganath thumped the table to express their solidarity while dr ashutosh added"i am also going to send a report to the indian medical association to debar mehta frim all jobs n to take away his degree too..."dr mehta squirmed"you cant do that"ashutosh shot back"you will see all i can do..."mr singhania who seemed a little caught off his guard collected himself n said"i cannot force you to keep dr mehta as a dr here...as an m.d and a chief admin,dr ashutosh n dr dubey have a right to dispense with his services..you may complain wherever you wish to..but until n unless a legal action is initiated you cant force me to drop him from the board of kgh..remember ..i am the single largest share holder...dr ashutosh have you forgotten that"???ashutosh raised his eyebrow...n countered"okay mr singhania...dowhatever you can to save mehta..n i will do all i can to save kgh...see you at the board meeting tomorrow...n dr ranganath..plz inform aradhanaji n dr rai...if aradhanaji is in u,s she must legally authorise someone on her behalf...n mehta..you are no longer a dr at kgh...your dismissal letter will be delivered to your home.this is the begininig of your end.."saying so,a thundering ashutosh left the room ,came out..looked for nidhi..not finding her..went to his cabin..

In the cabin he found sudhir nanda ahaana n nidhi...looking at him..questions in their eyes..ashutosh slumped into his chair..as nidhi stood up...he looked at sudhir..understanding a father's heart"dont worry,mehta is dismissed as a doctor..iam going to mail a complaint to i.m.a also for snatching awY his degree...but..tomorrow i have to do something at the board meeting...this bloody singhania has 40%stakes...i have much less...but never mind...dekhte hain...you dont worry..ahaana is safe with us..here"and he kept a fatherly hand on ahaana's head...
In the evening when ashutosh n nidhi returned home..baba was having tea...he asked"kya hua aaj..meeting mei.."ashutosh aporised him of the developments...he sounded relieved n happy that mehta was out of kgh as a dr...but the board meeting..the shares...ashutosh had furrows of worry...as always ,baba came ...n stood by him"ashu..mai kehta hoon na...hausla nahi tootne dena..bas yehi yaad rakh beta...aur jeet to sach ki hi hogi..satya mev jayate..."ashu smiled as he went in...nidhi was playing with nishu...ashu looked at her..not a cloud of sorrow..not a tear at the insults hurled at her...he came close...putting his hand on her shoulder,he asked nidhi.."theek ho..."..."jee bilkul"..."kaun deta hai tumhe yeh shakti..yeh himmat"??nidhi smiled..."pehle bhi to bataaya hai..aapka pyaar...yehi meri taaquat hai..yehi meri himmat..aapke bina mai kya hoon bhala..kuch bhi nahi..."n nishu yelled..at being neglected...ashu sat close by...playin the clap game that nidhi was playing with him...then ashutosh lay down n took nishu on his legs...raising him with the legs..as he squealed with delight...nidhi seemed so happy seeing ashutosh forget his pains in his son's smile...At dinner,kaka served as all ate..but nishu seemed restless n finally baba had to hand him over to ashutosh..but he continued to cry..so then nidhi sat in a way she could hold him with one arm...in anger n sleep,the child banged his head on to nidhi's breast...n eventhough she bit her lip...tears flowed out...as ashutosh got up n took nishu...while baba n armaan looked flabbergasted"kya hua beta nidhi"??asked babq.."woh chot hai..baba..mehta hit nidhi on her bosom...she is blue n swollen"baba closed his eyes in pain as armaan seemed furious...baba told"ashu tu dekh usse...aur kal ki chintana kar...yaad rakh..agar chakravyuh banaane wala hai..to usse todne waala bhi hai..."ashutosh brought nidhi in,cleaned n bandaged her again...as nishu looked on..realizing he had hurt his mamma...as nidhi patted nishu..she heself leaned on the strong arms of ashutosh...n ashutosh realised both mother n son almost drifted to sleep together..he tenderly lifted nishu n put him in his crib..n then returned to cover nidhi with a quilt...his hand on her waist...caressing her...reassuring her with his touch..as his mind was engulfed with the thoughts of the morrow...as he closed his eyes..he remembered the lines of mahabharata"yada yada hi dharmasya..glaanir bhavti..."n the face that had saved him from all storms..that had sheltered him all his life ..that had united him with his nidhi..that benign face...the face of ...baba emerged...an ashutosh relaxed in his sleep...

The next morning,dr ashutosh got up early n was pacing up and down the room when nidhi awoke.she knnew he was tense,it was going to be a tough day for him..kgh that he valued so much was at stake..his hardwork,his principles,his ethics..everything...nidhi got up and went to him"arre uth gayee tum..chalo help kar deta hoon ready hone may...phir hospital jaana hai..."nidhi smiled"aap aaj chinta nahi kariye,maxi help kar degi..phir mai bhi aaoongi hospital...aajaaoon na.."ashutosh held her ..n said"haan..tum hi to meri himmat ho...aanaa,zuroor aana..wait karna mera,cabin me.."Ashutosh kissed a sleeping nishu's forehead and came for breakfast,.Baba,and armaan were already there.Baba asked him about the agenda of the meeting..ashu spoke between bites'baba,basically mehta ko hataane ki koshish karni hai..par sadly singhania has 40%shares...and i only 25%,even if aradhanaji supports me..which i feel shhe will,i have only 35...no one knows about divya's share and the mystery 10...but lets see..i would not give up without a fight...but yes if i ld se...id quit kgh..forever..i cant work in a hospital,where molestors are at large..i cant see the hospital where i put in my best years..decay before my eyes..."baba patted ashutosh's shoulder n said.."ashu..mahabhaarat yaad hai beta...kis tarah dusht kauravon ka ant hua tha...dekhna,tu dekhna..ye singhania aur..kya naam hai uska..mehta..duryodhan air dushshaasan ki tarah khaak me milenge..ghabra mat tu beta...himmat e marda...madad e khuda..."Ashutosh bent and touched baba's feet as armaan n nidhi came to see him offtill the car..ashu looked at nidhi..her hand still bandaged..n armaan held ashu's arm n said'"ashu never forgive those brutes..."ashutosh gave a slight nod and drove off...
Maxi helped nidhi to change,dress her wound and be ready as nishu after having a little feed,ate aloo parantha with baba..Baba smiled"bilkul ashu pe gaya hai..paratha nahi chod sakta"!!nidhi smiled and left ina cab..for kgh..biting her lip in tension...and anxiety.
Dr ashutosh entered the board room.mr singhania and dr mehta were already there..singhania extended a hand to ashutosh,that he ignored and looked at the printed agenda."voting and decision on charges imposed on dr mehta"dr dubey n dr rai also entered.Ashutosh asked about aradhanaji,and before dr dubey could reply,ashutosh heard the familiarvoice"mai yahaan hoon ashutosh..."there was aradhanaji,standing in a green tusser suit.looking firm and resolute.she patted ashutosh as if to say "dont you worry son..i am there"The members took their seats.singhania stated"gentlemen,dr ashutosh,his young wife dr nidhi and dr ahaana have levied ludicruous charges of molestation against dr mehta..and the hospital's administrative body has dismissed him as a dr.this meeting is to discuss whether in wake of these charges dr mehta should continue as a board member or not...i for one support him whole heartedlybecause i am convinced the ladies in question are of loose moral fibre..and it may have been a case of consent...so dr mehta should get the benifit of doubt...what do you say"??Ashutosh threw the file on the table and stood up"mr singhania..."he spoke..in a voice that could quiten a mob"please measure your words..neither dr nidhi..nor dr ahaana are of a flimsy character..they are both ladies of high morality..who this bugger...this wolf in sherp's clothing or should i say a doctor's cloak attacked..he ia not only a threat to this hospital but to society at large..and i demand his immediate removal from the board...without any delay what so ever"..all members were stunned..seeing this side of ashutosh's character..grim and harsh..after ages..Dr dubey spoke"i support ashutosh.dr mehta's conduct has brought shame to the hospital and to the noble profession of medicine...i am pursuing with the i.m.a. that his degrees should be taken away.we cannot..n i repeat cannot tolerate him amongst us"dr mehta shifted uncomfortably as dr rai spoke thoughtfully"well my own daughter,aditi is a dr here..a jr dr..but if hounds like mehta are around,iwould not like her to remain here...when we have such drs..will any female patient come"??mr singhania interrupted"all of you are swayed by dr ashutosh's point of view,why dont you try to believefor a moment that mehta might have only been trying to plead his case with the girl"??aradhanaji raised her hand to stop singhania,all looked towards her..she was in deep anger..eyes flaming red..she snarled"mr singhania..what are you trying to say...first you said the women involved were of flimsy character..now you say..mehta was trying to plead his case..my dear..how was this pleading..by tearing clothes..hitting at the softest spots..and mind you..if you are to bebelieved,mehta was pleading his case to two ladies at the same time...mr singhania..i hang my head in disgust...this man has no right to live..let alone be a dr in kgh or a member of a board where important decisions are taken...just throw him out..now..this instant..."singhania played with his blackberry..amused..as ashutosh and others looked at him disgusted..."drs..all of you have voted for the removal ofpdr mehta from the board aswell...what you seem tobe forgetting is that..i head the board by the virtue of my 40%shares...and dr ashutosh has only 25%...aradhanaji a pittance 10..which makes it..how much mehta,.."??dr mehta gave a victorious smile and said"only 35%..alas"!!!singhania went on"hence...i will have the final say in this board...mehta will stay on the..."
Just as dr ashutosh was about to throw on the table the resignation that he had written the previous night..when nidhi had been sleeping.there was a knock at the door...everyone looked up..as dr dubey shouted "who is it..come in..dont you know..we are having an important meeti..."rest of the words remained unsaid..as the door ened..and in walked baba...ashutosh stood up.."baba..aap..yahaan kya baat..all well..nidhi..nishu theek to hain"?dr dubey,dr rai were both bewildered...and stood up..dr dubey could only muster"dr mathur,..aap yahaan kaise..sir"??ashutosh looked towards baba..he was calm..serene..like the ocean at midday..he looked back at ashutosh and then at aradhanaji...who was smiling..n finally stood up.."mr singhania let me introduce..dr mathur..to you..he is a very senior and well known neuro surgeon.just like his son dr ashutosh..."".   Singhania seemed irritated..he glanced at baba..and then quite discourteously exclaimed"well glad to meet him..but i feel this is not the time for a family reunion..we have important business at hand...so if dr mathur can excuse...us"Baba smiled and sat..as dr mehta fumed..and singhania seemed agitated"my dear mr trustee..i am not here to meet my son..ashutosh..we ..i ,he ,n nidhi live in the same house..so we meet every day..din bhar ka sang saath hai humaara..mai yahaan aayaa hoon..as dr mathur...the founding trustee of kgh..."baba looked towards singhania..who slumped into his chair...the wind had clearly been taken out of his sails...Ashutosh could not believe his ears...he looked at aradhana ji..who nodded and then at baba...he said"baba...aapne.."baba looked up..raising an eyebrow ..just like his son..and retorted"business first ashutosh..."and singhania tried to gather himself to exclaim"being a founding trustee..does not give you much powers...i have 40%shares..."as an exasparated singhania glared at baba..baba adjusted the knot of the lovely new tie he was wearing..ashutosh observed his grey suit too...the new one...and then baba spoke with authority"i d like to call in my lawyer please...mr solanki...plz come in"and in walked solanki uncle with a bundle of files..Ashutosh was surprised beyond limits...he felt as a losing warrior had got reinforcements...solanki sahib smiled as he sat and opened the files..and began to hand over papers to baba..baba told him to make the legal documents public...ashutosh,dr dubey n dr rai waited in anticipation..while the villains shifted uneasily..aradhana looked at baba..and then..observed ashutosh nodded and wiped the corner of her eyes...Mr solanki spoke"gentlemen,this notarised deed dated 1955 authorises dr sagar mathur to be the life long trustee of k.g.h."baba looked at singhania and dr mehta..and then signalled to solanki sahib to continue...solanki sahib took out another old yellowed crinkly paper n read aloud"dr sagar mathur's ownership to 10%shares of kgh..since 1955..he has held them.."baba looked at ashu..ashu had innumerable questions in his eyes...but baba's smile and the depth of his love seemed to answer all...mr solanki continued"and this is the sale deed of 15%shares of ms divya bharadwaj to mrs shyama solanki and from him to dr mathur...and gentlemen this deed..the last one transfers all shares of dr mathur and aradhanaji to dr ashutosh..from today..dr ashutosh holds 60%shares in kgh and is thus constitutionally the head trustee aswell..."ashutosh stood up..and before he could say anything baba hugged him..and handed him the papers..."ashutosh..sambhaal apna aspataal...aur chalaa jaise ek aspataal chalna chahiye...logo ki bhalaai ke liye..."as ashu hugged baba..dr dubey's phone rang...after a brief convo he announced"it was thel.m.a. prez .they have decided to strip dr mehta off his degrees..an ad to that effect will appear in all the papers tomorrow..."dr mehta slumped...but baba came to him and asked"tum hi ho na jisne...tum ek badnuma daag ho is peshe pe..aur insaaniyat pe...nikal jaao..abhi...isi waqt...warna..tumne abhi taq ashutosh ka sabr dekha hai..uska gussa nahi..."as mehta..completely crestfallen left..dr ashutosh turned to singhania"so mr singhania..would you like to work with us...for the welfare of kgh...or d you ratherspend time in the skies"??ashutosh was giving singhania a taste of his own medicine...baba interrupted.."mr singhania,agar aap shares bechna chahte hain to..hum board members ko hi beche..nahi to..."singhania flared"nahi to kya..dr mathur..."??baba smiled n played with the paper weight saying"soch leejiye..jab yeh khabar akhbaaro mechapegi ki aapne ek molestor ka saath diya..to aapki pg 3 image..aapke aviation business pe kuch achcha asar nahi padega..aage marzi aapki..."dr dubey smiled as a frustrated singhania banged the table...opened the safe and threw the shares..."thank you ..payment kal tak mil jaayega..aapko"said baba...as a defeated disgraced singhania left...dr dubey dr rai congratulated ashutosh...as he was yet to come to terms with the sudden turn of events,..baba said"mai chahoonga..ye 40%shares..aap sab aapas me baant kar khareed le..aur base price singhania ko deliver kare...hum sabko yeh sabak humesha yaad rakhna chahiye..ki medical profession na kabhi tijarat tha na ho sakta hai...mera yeh maan na hai..ki jis din yeh haath sirf paison ke liye kaam karne lage..us din inka shafaa khatm ho jaayega...phir humaare paas koi mareez nahi aayega..."as dr rai n dr dubey left...ashutosh held baba's hand..and said"to isliye bechi aapne maleehabaad wali zameen..baba..aap mere liye kyun itna karte hain..."baba put a finger on ashutosh's lips..."kyun karta hoon??kyunki tu beta hai mera...mera waaris..sachcha waris..tu mere parivaar ka hi nahi ..mere usoolo..meri ummedon ,mere sapno..meri adhoori chahaton..ka sabka waaris hai...ashu..beta rishte khoon ke nahi dil ke hote hain...tera mera bhi dil ka rishta hai beta...dil ka rishta...phir kabhi na kehna ki kyu karta hoon tere liye..."ashutosh lowered his eyelids as aradhanaji came and stood beside baba..Ashutosh looked at them and asked"achcha baba..ye to bataaiye..ki aap itne purane trustee aur share holder the..phir aapne kabhi meetings kyu nahi attend ki...kaam kyu nahi kiya..kgh me..."baba looked away..n spoke with that far away look in his eyes..."yeh hospital aradhana ke babooji ka tha...unhone hi mujhe 10%shares diye the...trustee banaya tha...per kismat ke khel dekho...meri shaadi..ajeeb haalaat me hui..aur aradhana...is bechari ko to...dr bharadwaj ko apnana pada...kya karti...babooji boodhe ho chuke the..aur dr bharadwaj tha is kgh ka manager...sab zindagiyaan ulajhti gayee...isliye kabhi nahi aaya..yahaan...per ab..jab dekha..ki mere bete ka sapna..ek sachche dr ka sapna tootne wala hai..to apna ateet bhool kar bhavishya sanwaarna pada..hai na aradhana...bolo"aradhana je did not say anything..just held on to baba's hand...as ashutosh and solanki sahib came out...In the conference room baba n aradhanaji looked at each other...as baba thought of all the dreams they had shared...which could never turn to reality...he recalled a couplet of ghalib"hazaaron khwaaishe aisi ki har khwaaish pe dum nikle...bahut nikle mere armaa..lekin phir bhi kum nikle.."as aradhanaji smiled and adjusted his tie...

Dr ashutosh entered his cabin..to find dr dubey sharing the details with nidhi...on seeing ashutosh,he patted nidhi n said"baaki yeh bataayega:"and went out...ashutosh smiled at nidhi...n nidhi remarked"trustee ji...waah kya baat hai"!!but then added"aap plz ahaana ko bata deejiye..abhi bhi ghabraayee hui hai..."
Ashutosh smiled and said..holding nidhi's hand"i have called a meeting of all female staff..drs,nurses,cleaners..all chalo tum bhi..."As they entered,all the female staff were there.nidhi sat amongst them.dr dubey dr ranganath and dr ashutosh sat in front..ashutosh addressed"you all know the shameful incident that we have faced..we have called this meeting...to reassure you..aapsab ko yeh aitbaar dilaane ke liye..vishwaas dilaane ke liye ki aap sab kgh me mehfooz hain..aapki dignity..aapka honour..humaara honour hai...kisi bhi female employee ko ye na lage ki sexual harrassment is a part of lifeor job..no it is no.t we have to fight it..yeh duniya yeh samaaj aapka bhi utna hi hai...jitna humaara..to apne mann se darr bhay..sanshay nikaal deejiye...kaam par aayiye nidar ho kar..kyunki hum sub aapke saath hain..."ahaana stood up...there were no tears..just a determined look...she said"thank you..thank you sir...insaaniyat me mera vishwaas barquaraar rakhne ke liye..."n clapped and soon the entire hall was resounding...the only person who could not clap was nidhi...as she looked at her injured hand...and then at dr ashutosh..shy..n embarrassed in appreciation..but steely in resolve...nidhi kept looking at him..lost..in her world..as ashutosh almost felt her gaze and looked at her...his eyes showing colours of love of support..of sharing n caring...as baba looking as stunning as his son in his greyish blue suit stood at the doorway with aradhana...their gaze fixed at ashutosh n nidhi...aradhanaji gulped hard ..n looked up at baba...n then at ashni...the words that reverberated thru her heart were..
TUJHKO MUJHKO JEEVAN AMRIT AB IN HAATHON SE PEENA HAI
INKI DHADKAN ME BASNA HAI,INKE SAANSON ME JEENA HAI
TU APNI ADAAYEIN BAKSH INHE ,MAI APNI WAFAAYEIN DETA HOON
JO KHUD KE LIYE SOCHI THI KABHI WOH SAARI DUAAYEIN DETA HOON...

it was two days later ,at breakfast time,aradhanaji came..baba smiled as all stood to greet her.."arre aradhana tum...kaise"??..."kuch nahi mathur,ek maheene ke liye u.s.a. jaa rahi hoon,socha tum sabko bye keh doon...aur haan nidhi ke haath ke paraathe bhi kha loon"!nidhi smiled as she immediately set another plate and got hot gobhi paranthas...Nidhi spoke as she served"aradhanaji aapko nishu ke birthday se pehle aana hoga..bus ab 20 days bache hain...is baar new yr bhi nahi manaya..hospital ki tension me...so plz nishu ka first bday hai...yaad rakhiyega"ashu smiledand added"nidhi theek keh rahi hai..zuroor aayiyega..hum wait karenge aapka.."armaan added"bilkul shaandaar birthday karenge nishu ka..hai na baba"?and baba's face lit up as he held nishu..and looked into his naughty eyes...Ashu,nidhi came to the room while armaan left for his work.Ashutosh said"chalo nidhi der ho rahi hai..stitches kaatne hain tumhaare..aur sudhir bhi aayega kgh..for check up..chalo,mujhe bahut kaam hai..."nidhi smiled"pata hai..ab to aap chief neurosurgeon,m.d. chief trustee pata nahi kya kya hain..par ye mat bhooliyega ki pehle aap mere pati hain..."ashutosh caught her by the waist n pulled her to him...held her..n kissed her fiercely.."mil gaya jawaab..ab chalo plz nidhi"in the hall baba n maxi were watching as aradhanaji was making nishu take tiny steps..."dekhna birthday tak chalne lagega..."ashutosh n nidhi seemed mesmerised at their son taking baby steps...baba caught their glance ,smiled n said"abhi kya hai..ashutosh..yeh to mbbs top karega teri tarah se..aur phir..u.k us..jaayega padhne...phir"aradhna ji interrupted"aur phir nidhi jaisi sunder..shararti bahu le aayega...hai na..."???and all laughed as ashutosh held nishu ..n hugged him..while nishu wriggled to be free to continue his walking with baba n aradhanaji...nidhi bent to touch aradhanaji's feet and she blessed her..nidhi hugged her tightly...even without a relationship..inspite of all complications of the past,she semed the mother figure whenever she was at mathur niwas and nidhi loved it..cherished it..

At kgh,as dr ashutosh entered his cabin,dr ranganath came in with the days schedule..meetings,surgeries,rounds...oh !!ashutosh saw the schedule but told ranganath he had 40 mins in which hed meet dr sudhir n do the needful for nidhi.dr ranganath exited..n nidhi pouted"aap to raat 11 baje tak booked hain..humaare paas kab aayenge..."ashutosh smiled and said"jaanti ho na..surgeon ki life kitni busy hoti hai...""haan jaanti hoon..."nidhi retorted naughtily"kuch surgeon to shaadi wali rat bhi surgery karte hue hi bitaate hain..."n ashu caught her by her arm"achcha..woh yaad hai..aur uske baad...jo baki raatein guzri..."??n nidhi blushed deep red...but then pouted again"main kuch nahi jaanti...aaj mera haath bhi theek ho jaayega..kitne din ho gaye hume kahi gaye hue..aaj dinner out..9.30 tak aajaayiyega..plz plz"ashutosh shook his head"nidhi bachchon ki tarah zid mat karo..i will try but no promises...ok"??
Dr sudhir entered and nidhi got up..he thanked ashutosh for making ahaana feel secure and then looked at both and said"aur kya kahoon...tum dono ne dosti ka huq adaa kar diya"ashutosh gave his characteristic smile as the nurse came to take nidhi.
In the clinical section,ashutosh opened nidhi's gown so that sudhir could see the injury..sudhir examined it,and as he pressed the area,dr ashutosh was constantly looking at nidhi..to see if there was any discomfort still there..nidhi cried only when sudhir pressed the tip..."hmmm"he observed..as ashutosh tied nidhi's gown,helped her get down from the examination table.sudhir continued"she is quite fine..in 3 to four days she d be absolutely ok ,but i feelshe still cant feed the baby..."ashutosh smiled n added"sudhir,in any case nishu is fast graduating to food...i feel kuch maheeno me maa bete dono ko mcdonald's lejaana hoga..."as the two men laughed,nidhi felt just a little left out..nishu weaning away ,was a natural n a healthy thing and she knew it..yet she felt..lonely...at times..specially since now father d be busy in his work...and the son ..in the new world .that he was discovering..she knew both needed her..but did they realise what she needed...probably she herself also did not know..it was a phase of transformation..for all three.Ashutosh from a dr to the virtual owner of k.g.h. meant more responsibilities,for lil nishu ,it was time to move out of mamma's lap into the vibrant world of activity..standing walking..enjoying new tastes..he was moving on from the monochromatic world of mother's milk to the hues n joys that the home presented him...and for nidhi..it was a transformation from being the centre of nishu's life..his survival..to just his mother..whom he loved n played with..but did not need all the time..for nidhi the weaning somehow meant end of a very intimate bond with her son...she realized the process of moving on had begun..hed go to school..college..have his girl friend..his own life..his own world,..and ashutosh's new responsibilities d mean less time for her..for the family...she knew ashutosh d miss her as much...but...What was the solution...joining work...which she would...study further...she was nt interested inspite of ashutosh's encouragement...then what...??nidhi was completely lost in her thoughts when dr ashutosh returned after seeing off dr sudhir"kya hua nidhi...kya soch rahi ho..."??said ashutosh,touching nidhi's shoulder..before wearing his gloves n telling her to give her injured arm.He removed the bandage himself..and then cut the stitches with great deftness,pulling out the thread to cause minimum pain...he then took an antiseptic n rubbed it gently.."you are done.,..mark bhi chala jaayega..2 weeks me..dard to nahi hai"??nidhi shook her head..as she got up..ashutosh looked at her lost eyes n said"achcha baba,aa jaaoonga dinner ke liye...ab to smile kar do"Dr ranganath entered "sir..the o.t. is ready..you have to come"ashu looked at nidhi apologetically..as she walked out...but then he stopped her..just to have a look of her again"nidhi..tum kal se join karogi ..hai na"??nidhi nodded"jee..same time..theek na..."??nidhi smiled...as she saw ashutosh looking at her..she knew why hehad called her back...and the smile lingered on as she walked through the corridoor toying with her mangalsutra..
Ashutosh too..smiled n closed his eyes to imbibe that smile into his system..his being and then rallied for the tough day..
It was a very tough day indeed with dr ashutosh getting just enough time to bite into a sandwich at 5 in the evening.and then there was a meeting with dr dubey to issue new guidelines to drs,to start more o.p.d for the patients.At 7.45 ashitosh,tired to the bone entered for his last surgery of the day...
At home nidhi prepared and planned things for the next day,maxi had already fixed the nursery,nidhi tried to feed nishu but he did not seem interested..kaka had made a list of groceries and was going shopping..when nidhi came and sat with baba who was playing with nishu.."baba,kal se hospital jaaoongi phir..wahi timing...almost."baba looked up n smiled"jaa beta,nishu ki chinta mat kar..ab to toone paal diya isse..ab to hum sab hain hi..per apni sehat nahi neglect karna...haan bata,ashu khush hai apni nayi zimmedaariyon se.."??.."jee baba..kotnis to unki duniya hai..khush kyu nahi honge bhala.."baba kept quiet ,then said"galat meri bachchi..ashu ki duniya to tu hai...aur ab nishu...yeh ghar..hum sab..kotnis to uski karmbhoomi hai..jab tu nahi thi yahaan..to bada udaas rehta tha..ekdum ...bujha hua..bas kya kahun..".."ekdum hard stone avataar..."added armaan as he entered...nidhi smiled...even talking of ashutosh seemed a balm to her..."pata hai armaanji..aaj aapke dr hardstone mujhe aur nishu ko dinner pe le jaa rahe hain...""wow...wah kya baat hai..per humnekya gunaah kiya jo hume nahi le ja rahe.."?joked armaan..n then added"baba chalye..mai aur aap alag chalenge aaj ..dinner pe..pukka"baba laughed n said"kyu nahi..poora suited booted ho ke..ab to suit hai naya mere paas..."
At 8.30 nodhi got ready..she wore a blue sari..ashutosh's favourite colour..and put pearls around her neck...then she dressed nishu..in blue dungrees and a black jacket..lucknow was quite cold...as nidhi emerged,baba was already..n so was armaan"achcha to hum chalte hain.."teased armaan..as baba pulled him"chal ab...aur nidhi beta..khoob enjoy karna..nishu ko bhi khilana..kuch.."nidhi smiled n replied"jee baba..aur haan..aap bahut handsome lag rahe hain..."n all roared into a laughter.
As nidhi n nishu sat in the hall ,nidhi chatted with him.."kya khaayega mera baby,.mamaa ka favourite ya papa ka...chinese khayega..."...nishu began to yawn..nidhi looked at the clock..it was 10.she tried ashutosh's cell.it 
was no reply..she rung up the reception n came to know that he was in a surgery...she sighed..and got up to get dinner for nishu.she got sooji ki kheer..and fed him..the baby seemed to relish it..and then as the clock struck 10.30 she changed nishu..back to his night suit..telling him"baby..aaj nahi jaayenge..aapke papa surgeon hain...bahut busy job hai...unki..."was she explaining nishu or herself...as nishu slept in her lap..not suckling her..nidhi kissed him..and settled him in the crib...kaka asked her about dinner but she refused politely,.
Dr ashutosh emerged from the o.t at 11,it had been a very tiring day..n he was terribly hungry..in his cabin dr ranganath had kept a tray of sandwixhes ,which he was glad to have n only when his tired self thought of tea ,did he think of nidhi and the chain of thoughts travelled to the promise of dinner..he left the remnants of the sandwich n got up,took his cell..had two missed calls of nidhi...ashutosh drove home...knowing well that it was late to make amends..
As he entered,he saw nidhi in that beautiful blue sari...all dressed up..on the sofa...she had dropped off to sleep.Ashutosh could not know what to say..,he was trying to lift her to bed when baba n armaan entered n armaan said"kya hua ashu.."and then both baba n ashu realised..."beta..tu aaya nahi..kab se taiyyar thi nidhi...hum to aise hi usse tease karne dinner pe chale gaye the..."nidhi opened her eyes and stood up..with a start...ashutosh had his arm around her...he knew like kids his nidhi was quite unsteady after getting up from sleep..for a few moments...nidhi yawned..as armaan n baba looked at her...ashutosh spoke"sorry nidhi..der ho gayee operation me..."nidhi smiled..n said"koi baat nahi...mai khana lagwati hoon.."ashutosh lowered his eyes to say"woh actually nidhi...maine hospital me sandwiches kha liye the...tum kha lo plz..."nidhi bit her lip..and as she withdrew..armaan n baba looked at ashutosh...ashu went in..tired ..sleepy n a little irritated..feeling like a criminal...he took his bath...came to look at nishu...n kept waiting for nidhi...When nidhi entered ...having forced a roti n sabzi down her throat...she saw...ashutosh fast asleep...his spech still on.nidhi smiled...came close and took off those spechs..kept them on the table and bent to kiss him on his hair...her touch awoke ashu n he put his arms around her...saying sleepily"aao na ,cant sleep without you..."n nidhi settled in his arms...forgetting everything else..
In the morning,as nidhi was giving nishu a bath,dr ashutosh came in...n helped..he took nishu n said"jaao tum ready ho jaao."when nidhi emerged..in crimson n cream suit..he had made noshu ready in the same colours..."dekho mamma se matching matching...hai naa"n nishu laughed as ashu went in to get ready.At breakfast baba eyed both of them v closely to look for any tension due to the dinner fiasco..but relaxed as he saw nidhi pulling the newspapee away from ashu n forcing a bite of paratha...ashu looked embarassed as armaan winked at him..finally ashu called nidhi "kha lo..tumne raatbhi nahi khaya hoga theek se..."nidhi smiled n joined..happy at the thought that howso ever busy he may be,he knew all about her..."maxi,nidhi ko ek paratha aur..."cried ashu as nidhi tried to say no..n armaan joked"kha le nidhi...dinner ki jagah breakfast kara rahe hain trustee ji"!!!!ashu retorted"very funny...armaan dont forget..bachpan me bahut pita hai tu mujhse..."nidhi lifted nishu..n kissed him and he waved his hand...he knew mamma had to go away..nidhi somehow didnt feel like leaving nishu...but then she heard an exasparated ashu"chalo bhi...abhi drive nahi kar paaogi us haath se...chalo"
As nidhi n ashutosh reached the hospital..nidhi asked "meri duties me koi change to nahi"??ashu shook his head...n added "agar mai lunch time busy hoon to khana kha lena..samjhi"?
Nidhi had a tough o.p.d and could be free only by 2.30 as she knocked at dr ashutosh's cabin ,he drawled"who is it..come in"?she entered to see him involved in a case study with dr nagpal..the other leading neurosurgeon of lucknow,who visited kgh as a consultant.nidhi wished"afternoon sir..."dr nagpal nodded..ashutosh looked up..n raised his eyebrow...nidhi realised he was v busy..n withdrew.As she entered the children's ward..there was a new patient..kumar ,an 8 yr old boy from the famous business house of kumar textiles.He had had an epileptic attack and was under observation.nidhi examined him..looked at his pupils..his symptoms seemed to suggest worm infestation..often a cause of epilepsy..nidhi wrote a prescription and told the nurse to administer it in the night..with milk.At 3.45 ,while nidhi was lulling a small girl to sleep..she felt ashutosh behind her...she looked around and settled the child...ashutosh smiled and said"bhook hartaal khatm karogi..mujhe pata hai tumne kuch nahi khaya hai"nidhi retorted"aapko kaise pata...".."dr nidhi..pati hoon aapka..kasam khaai thi aapka khayal rakhne ki..."n then almost pulled her to his cabin,where lunch had been laid out..ashutosh sat as nidhi washed her hands n came,she served..she always did..ashutosh had never ever even taken a spoon after nidhi came into his life..infact he often told his colleagues"mere haath sirf surgery kar sakte hain...chaai me chini nahi mila sakte..nahi toast pe butter laga sakte...woh kaam mere liye nidhi hi karti hai "nidhi loved doing it..doing everything for him...Ashutosh took a piece n put it into nidhi's mouth...nidhi recalled the first time he had fed her..roti n dahi in the forest during their honeymoon...how shy he had felt...nidhi blushed n fed him a bite...as she did..he sucked her finger..."ooo..kya kar rahe hain..hospital hai..."and ashu smiled...his eyes speaking volumes...
In the night ,nidhi was studying for the case of kumar...what else could these symptoms mean..she wondered..Drashutosh came in,carrying nishu in his arms..asking him to clap..mmm"cried nishu..as nidhi left the book and came to the bed..nishu tried to get up holding ashu's finger..and then walked a step before falling..as nidhi gathered him in her arms...ashu loved to see nidhi playing with nishu...after her initial misplaced apprehensions,she had been a wonderful mother..nishu played in nidhi's lap..and as a repeated effort she opened her gown n tried to feed him..only to be pushed away...nishu hit her..n turned away..ashutosh immediately took him"nahi nishu...aise nahi karte..."and then looked at nidhi'nidhi..pehle bhi samjhaya hai tumhe..woh bada ho raha hai...he doesnt want your feed now..but nidhi that doesnt mean he does not need you.."as ashu kissed nidhi's eyes..fullof tears..nishu found all this funny..n wriggled ..free to roam on the bed..rising n falling..as his parents saw him...ashu held nidhi tight and whispered.."humaraa sapna ..humaara beta ab bada ho raha hai..."nidhi nestled to him...as he said"hato..pehle nishu ko to sulaane do..."but nishu seemed to be having a field day...becoming more n more steady on his feet..till finally at 12.45 he dozed off..and nidhi settled him..when she returned..ashu kissed her n said.."so jaao...aao..."n a sleepy tired nidhi settled ..as ashu began to massage her back..realising everything..her fatigue..her frustration...as nidhi slept ,ashu placed her on the pillow n looked at her face...the lovely innocent face of his nidhi...he kept the medical book away n then bent down to kiss nidhi on her shoulder...the spot of that very first kiss...nidhi shuddered even in her sleep..as a tired ashutosh almost crushed her in his arms...wanting to hold her as close as possible..he looked into the darkness n promised to himself..he d not let anything..any responsibility or position ...let his nidhi drift away from him..never...

As ashutosh held nidhi in his sleep...they eere both jolted by ashutosh's phone..."sir..plz rush..the child ..kumar in the children's ward is unconscious..."nidhi whitened...as ashutosh looked at her questioningly..

Dr ashtosh n nidhi rushed to get ready,informed baba told maxi to sleep in nishu's nursery n left.The drive was a tense one with ashutosh's eyes focussed ahead while nidhi was scared,apprehensive n nervous.As they neared the hospital he spoke in an icy voice"do not talk to the parents..n no irresponsibilityplz"nidhi could only muster"yes sir".as soon as they reached kgh, they saw 4 audis parked, ashutosh rushed in to i.c.u. nidhi in tow.dr jyothika was with the child.dr ashutosh felt the pulse,asked for a an antiallergic n injected it i.v.he waited for about 15 minutes n then examined the pupils..looking vvtense,he ordered jyothika to take the child for cerebral scan n get him the reports as soon as posdible.Dr ashutosh told the head nurse of the children's ward n dr nidhi to come to his cabin..he walked out not paying any heedto the seemingly agitated parents of the child .
Nidhi knocked and drashutosh shouted "come in.."she gulped n knew dr hardstone was back.nidhi n rama devi the nurse entered.dr ashutosh gave alook that frightened the nurse to near death"aapne kya medicine administer ki thi kumar ko.,sister"??ramadevi quivered n answered"siralbendazole diya tha two table spoon,milk ke saath..jaisa dr nidhi ne prescribe kiya tha...pehle to theek tha baby phir achanak behosh ho gaya..pulse to theek lagi per maine jaldi se dr jyothika ko bulaaya..aur phir.."ashutosh waved her hand"okay sister you can go..aapki koi mistake nahi hai..jaake apni duty kariye..."and then he looked at nidhi..from head to toe..severe looks..that made nidhi recall the frightening days of her internship..."yes dr nidhi,plz tell me aapne albendazole kyu di..why if i may know?"nidhi mustered up all the courage and answered"the child came with epilepsy,i saw the symptoms n i felt he had worm cysts...so albendazole..."ashutosh thrrew the pencil he was toying with..."you felt..waah!!were you sure of your diagnosis..tell me"??.."yeees sir".."no you were not..because tum raat ko bhi padh rahi thi ..yeh case tha tumhare dimaag me..why didnt you consult me...ego issues hain??bolo..arre jitni tumhaari umr hai..utne saal ka experienc hai mera...treatment ke liye diagnosis pukka hona chahiye..otherwise take another opinion..tumne scan ka socha tha..jaan na bhi chahaa tha kahaan hai cyst..tell me"dr ashutosh seemed furious..nidhi lowered her head...he continued"i can tell you without a scan ..it is indeed neurocysticercosis...n its close to the occipital lobe..thats why his sight is affected..n you know what.."dr jyothika entered with the reports,dr ashutosh saw them on the screen..n spoke..giving harsh looks to nidhi"as i said its ependymitis...worm cyst..2 of them near the frontal lobes..jyothika,immediate surgery,get the papers signed,get the o.t ready...you will assist me"jyothika exited n ashutosh continued"so dr nidhi,your panacea..albendazole has caused irritational activity in the larvae in the cyst n as its at such a crucial place..i shall have to operate..do u understa..."the door suddenly opened n the angry parents of kumar entered"dr ashutosh..what is happening here??my child just had a fit..phir brain surgery kyu..?you dont know me itseems..upar tak pahunch hai meri..aur kis dr ne mess around kiya hai kumar ke saath..kya galat drug di hai usse"??mrs kumar added,pointing towards nidhi,"yehi dr thi..issi ne wrong kiya hai sabkuch,.."mr kumar pushed his wife aside n wagged a finger at nidhi"dr kuch hua agar mere bete ko..to tumhara pata nahi chalega...".."WILL YOU STOP IT PLZ"it was an angry dr ashutosh..facing the father"koi wrong medicinenahi di gayee hai kumar ko..pata bhi hai aapko.,aapke bete ko cyst hai brain me..jo medicine dee gayee woh nahi help kar rahi,so we d haveto operate..and mr kumar..aapki pahunch kahi tak bhi kyu na ho..mere drs tak nahi hai..you dare not misbehave with any of them..n let me tell you drnidhi is a v good dr ..:"the mother growled"relieve kar deejiye kumar ko..hum usse dr nagpal ke yahaan le jaayenge"ashutosh got up n said"shaayad aapko samajh nahi aa raha ki aapka beta serious hai..usse bachane ki poori poori koshish ho rahi hai..agar aap nagpal ko bulana chahti hain to shauk se bulaiye..n now plz excuse me..i have to prepare for the surgery...mere liye aapke bete ki hi nahi..apne hur patient ki jaan beshkeemti hai"nidhi's eyes were full of thanks n gratefullness..even though she had erred,even though he was angry,he did not abandon her..he stood by her..but dr ashutosh did not look at nidhi n walked out..
Nidhi waited outside,pacing nervously as the parents of the child kept eyeing her as a criminal..at 4 in the morning,dr ashutosh n jyothika emerged..ashutosh spoke to the parents "the cysts have been removed,the child is stable but ewe d keep him in i.c.u for next 15 hrs or so..the father caught dr ashitosh's hand..looking repentant n grateful at the same time...ashutosh just patted him n walked away,the mother came "dr sahib,can i see kumar"??"abhi nahi,tomorrow..but be relaxed..he s going to be fine"n then he looked at nidhi '"dr nidhi follow me"in the cabin he looked at nidhi n instructed her:"he is stable but not out of danger..i have maintained the intra cranial pressure but it needs to be monitored n you will look after him n not leave him till he moves out of i.c.u. is that clear.."??nidhi blinked how was it possible ..how will nishu stay without her for 24 hrs...who will care for him.."is it clear"?drawled dr ashutosh again"sir...i fear there might be an infection in the shunt..you must have put"dr ashutosh laughed a saradonic laugh n said"so..books again..well a surgeon has to be wise n innovative..i have cleared without a shunt..now be on your duty..n no more blunders..."nidhi bowed n left..while ashutosh drove back home...

Nidhi kept a strict vigil on kumar's vitals..but the face of nishu came to her mind again n again..though she tried her best to push nidhi the mother into the back ground n let dr nidhi take charge...but at 8 in the morningshe couldnt control herself..she came out if the icu for a minute n dialled baba"baba,mai nidhi..nishu kaisa hai baba..ro raha hai..maxi se kahiyega room band kar ke nehlaayegi..thand hai..aur..."baba laughed"nidhi,nidhi beta,tu chinta na kar..ashu aa gaya tha subah..wahi sambhaal raha hai..naha bhi diya hai nishu ko,ab khana khila raha hai..ek dum fikr nahi kar..."nidhi felt somewhat releived...
Ashutosh got nishu to the bed when he woke up..tried playing the clap game that he used to see nidhi play each day with him..n then took nishu to bathe..it was a tough job..he thought of nidhi..he got nishu back all cuddled in a towel,didnt find the baby oil,so applied nidhi's cream on his tummy n hands n dressed him up ..complete with socks shoes n cap..after handing him over to maxi,ashu bathed n changed,wore a sweater n suit..for lucknow seemed to be freezing..
At breakfast table ashutosh fed nishu sooji kheer n then parts of his sandwich..n kept caressing his hair..ashutosh himself ate v littke ,armaan tried to lighten the atmosphere by saying"kya meri jaan..nidhi ke bina aaloo ke parathe bhi nahi khaayega..."??ashu kept quiet..baba patted ashu n said"nidhi ja khaana..."??.."wahi khaayegi jo baaki drs khaate hain..canteen me.."he knew steel needed to be tempered in fire..."as ashutosh got up leaving his breakfast almost untouched n kissed nishu ,baba spoke"ashu..beta sone ko agar tapish do..to woh kundan banta hai..beta lekin agar usse bhatti me jhonk do to woh rang roop sab kho deta hai..yaad rakhna..."ashutosh murmured"jee baba"n went...as armaan took a bewildered nishu in his lap...
In the hospital,he went to the i.c,u.kumar was stable,nidhi had monitored well but he was still not conscious...ashutosh told nidhi to change the inclination of the bed..probably the blood supply to the brain...he came out looking v v tense n told dr ranganath to postpone the scheduled surgery for the evening.having made no head way with kumar,he went on his round..issuing strict instructions to nidhi to inform him"jo bhi changes ho,..for better or for worse.."nidhi dared to suggest"sir should we try steroids"?ashutosh looked at nidhi with glaring eyes n said"dr nidhi,keep your brilliant suggestions to yourself"n went into the wards.As he was completing the round he saw nidhi enter..excited n panting"sir kumar has regained consciousness.."dr ashutosh left his round midway n rushed...indeed the child had opened his eyes ..ashutosh checked the responses,vision,cranial pressure n said"do not disturb the inclination of the bed..n you shall remain with him till 12 tonight...then if every thing is normal you may give charge..but keeo me postedd..i hope u understand..."he said as nidhi seemed a little lost..
Dr ashutosh completed his surgery at 7 in the evening n went to check kumar..he was recuperating n smiled..dr ashutosh commanded nidhi to call te parents in..she did so...the parents seemed transfixed with joy on seeing their son out of danger..they had been instructed not to talk...n nidhi escorted them out.dr ashutosh observed she had worn her dupatta like a shawl..she had no woollens..the hurry in which they had rushed...ashutosh bit his lip n looked up"dr nidhi,mind you no mistakes...n inform me at 12 in the night...samjhi"??"jee sir..."
Dr ashutosh came out n saw laxmi bai ,he stopped her n took off his jacket"yeh jacket dr nidhi ko de deejiyega..kahiyega pehan lengi..thand hai"laxmi bai had to make an effort not to smile...she called dr nidhi,handed the coat n said"dr ashutosh ne diya hai,..kaha hai pehan lejiye,thand bahut hai..."nidhi came into icu n wore the jacket...she recalled the night when they had got wet in the rain..for the first time n dr ashutosh had offered her his jacket...she drew it closer...oversized..but smelt of the only man she loved ,only man she could have ever loved...nidhi sat in the i.c.u ..looking at a peacefully sleeping kumar..n her thoughts travelled to nishu n dr ashutosh...inspite of all his anger..his strictness she loved dr ashutosh...she just couldnt help loving him..n she knew he too loved her in his own v special way..nidhiwiped her tears...n recalled the song shyama aunty used to sing
DHAN SE NA DUNIYA SE
GHAR SE NA DWAAR SE
AANSOO KI DOR BANDHI HAI
PREETAM KE PYAAR SE
DUNIYA CHOOTE,YE NA TOOTE
KAISA YEH BANDHAN HAI
YEH JEEVAN HAI...
nidhi understood the meaning of the words ..the real meaning today...

Dr ashutosh reached home,it was 8 p.m.From the portico he could hear nishu crying n armaan n baba trying to cajol him.Ashutosh quickened his step,as soon as he entered ,nishu extended his arms..crying "papa..."ashutosh could barely wash his hands before he took him...nishu kept looking over ashutosh's shoulder,as if searching for ...ashu knew he was looking for nidhi.he caressed nishu n said"mamma..nahi aai baby,duty hai...subah milegi mamma...dekho papa hai...chalo..tumhe change kar doon..mamma karti hai na...chalo"armaan smiled as he saw the father son bonding...he knew ashu doted on nishu..n the baby had probably cleared all crevaces of his heart..he wished sadly...Baba spoke'"ha ashu,aaj kareeb 5 baje se bahut pareshaan hai bechara..nidhi ko miss kar raha hai..kha bhi nahi rahaa..kitni koshish ki hum sab ne..."ashutosh looked at nishu..still a little grumpy..n then asked "nishu..khaaya kyu nahi?kya khaaoge bolo..."n then asked maxi"maxi,nidhi kya khilati hai is time nishu ko"??maxi smiled n answered"pehle to feed deti thi apna..ab doodh sooji ya kela ya khichdi khilati hain"ashutosh smiled...how nidhi knew all that nishu wanted...how well she handled him..n the household,..but then the picture of kumar fighting for life in icu came to his mind...and dr ashutosh the m.d overtook dr ashutosh the husband...he had been correct,nidhi had to do her duty...but then he looked at nishu..all troubled n tired..n his heart ached"achchaa bolo kya khaaoge..mamma duddu nahi mil sakta..baaki jo chaaho..aur mamma duddu to tum peete bhi nahi ab...bolo"n then ke said"maxi,iske liye khichdi bana do jaldise..main ise change karta hoon...".."theek hai sir..per woh nahaayega..bath time hai".."i know ..itna pata hai"n ashu carried nishu inside..as baba n armaan smiled...
Ashutosh undressed nishu n took him inside the toilet.he had forgotten to set the bath tub...now what??he couldnt make nishu wait in the cold...ashu frowned then smiled...as he made nishu stand n took off his own shirt...n asked nishu"hey baby,shower me nahayega?"n as he adjusted the mixture n onned the shower,nishu was surprised..he had never seen the shower work..n he found it interesting..as ashu made him enter..he squealed"eee"n ran out..as ashu hugged him n then lifted him in his arms n both stood under the shower..father n son...admiring each other...nishu putting his lil hands out,trying to catch the drops n ashutosh shaking his hair to splash the drops on nishu..nishu seemed to enjoy like anything n finally ashutosh had to switch off the shower lest nishu d catch cold..soaking wet in his trousers,ashu was confused what to do..to change himself or nishu first...??how did nidhi manage all this...thought dr ashutosh...He wrapped nishu in a towel,made him sit on the toilet sink slab n then wiped himself,wrapped a towel n got rid of his trousers...the duo came to the bedroom n nishu sat on the bed trying to get rid of the towel,as ashutosh quickly got his nightsuit,upsetting the pile in the process n made him dress,then he got his pullover,socks n cap..as ashutosh put the pulover..n pulled it down..nishu looked around dazed ..as if he had emerged from a dark tunnel...now ashu changed into his track suit...n lifted nishu..In the dining room,ashu fed khichdi to nishu while the others ate aloo matar n parathe..nishu ate pretty well nbut wanted full attention of ashu...baba laughed"dekh..kaise apne papa se chipka hua hai..badmash"!!armaan tried to take him gor a ehile but he was in no mood..armaan kissed him n smiled"theek hai beta...ab chacha koi designer kapde nahi laayega"!!n bade him goodnight...but then asked"ashu nidhi kab aayegi...its nearly 24 hrs..."ashutosh's brow furrowed n he said"duty hai..subah tak aa jaayegi..."in the bedroom,ashutosh tried to lull nishu but he kept fidheting redtlessly...as ashutosh took him around on his shoulder...n just as he stood near their wedding pic,nishu uttered "mammaa"ashu looked around n realized he was seeing nidhi's photo...for an instance ashutosh felt the pain of the lil boy,away from his mother...yearning for her...ashu looked grim as he knew nidhi too must be missing him equally..but then nothing could ever be above the call of duty..ashu sat with nishu in his lap,took out his blackberry n began to show nidhi's pics to nishu...nishu was bowled over...he tried to snatch the phone..n when ashutosh made him hold it,he put his lips on his mamma's photo...finally nishu slept in ashu's arms and he settled him in his crib...ashutosh returnd to his bed ,it was 11,he recd a sms from nidhi"kumar fine..vitals normal"a faint smile of relief appeared on his furrowed brow as he reclined on his bed...n then looking towards nidhi's side...vacant...he extended his hand,..trying to feel one molecule of her in the bed where they had shared some of their most intimate joys...ashutosh recalled the bride...sleeping alone...n he trying to touch her but then withdrawing...ashu gulped...n then the moments when he would hold her close caressing her as she grew big with nishu...a smile came upon his lips...he lay down..his hand still on nidhi's side...n her pillow close to him...

In the hospital,nidhi was monitoring kumar very carefully,updating all his record n even came out to meet the parents...mr kumar ,though repentant did not actually apologize while mrs kumar said"dr nidhi,mujhe gussa ayaa kyunki mere bete ki jaan ka sawaal tha...aapke bachche honge tab samjhngi aap..maa kya hoti hai..."nidhi pushed her hair back n smiled with an effort.."madam..yahaan hum sab aapke bete ko bachaane ki hi koshish kar rahe the..maine..hum sab ne yehi seekha hai dr ashutosh se..patient first..aur one more thing mam,beta hai mera ..ek saal ka hone jaa raha hai...so samajhti hoon aapki taqleef..."n she walked back..leaving the kumars gaping in surprise...In side the icu,with kumar sleeping peacefully,nidhi's thoughts were with nishu..it was nearly 24 hrs since she had seen him..how must he be?would dr ashutosh have managed him alone...her thoughts were interrupted by dr priyanka..."nidhi..dr ashutosh phoned ,he asked about kumar..i gave him the update n he said you can give me the charge n go home,..."nidhi nodded n then added "dr priyanka,if you dont mind,mai bhi ek baar baat karloon dr ashutosh se..you see i already have made a mistake so..."priyanka understood.nidhi went into the corridoor n dialled"dr ashutosh,kumar theek hai,b.p.intra cranial pressure all fine..."..."fine dr nidhi,i have already told dr priyanka,you can hand over the charge."n he disconnected the phone..nidhi felt upset..neglected"yeh khayal nahi aaya..ki mai raat ko waapas kaise aaoongi..itni thand me...nishu ke baare ..i hate this ..jab 'dr nidhi 'bulaate hain..." n nidhi collected her bag,held the jacket tighter n came out...it was v windy n icy cold..there seemed no auto in sight...just as nidhi was wondering what to do..a honda crv stopped by her n the familiar voice drawled"ghar nahi chalna hai kya"??.."dr ashutosh..aap!!!!nidhi was surprised..rather shocked..."aap kaise..yahaan is waqt"???"apni biwi ko lene aaya hoon...ab baithogi ki pneumonia karwane ka iraada hai"??nidhi sat as ashutosh pushed the door open..he looked at her..all snuggled in his jacket.."aap kumar ko nahi dekhenge"??"nahi..i know he was in safe hands..aur better hai..subah dekhoonga..."nidhi felt mighty relieved..atleast he thought she was "safe hands"as a dr,..ashutosh drove in silence...n looked towards nidhi only when he felt rather than heard her shiver..he silently increased the heater..
As they entered ,every one was asleep..ashu said"naha lo..ho sakta hai nishu uth jaaye..miss kar raha tha tumhe..bahut.."nidhi looked at ashutosh..neither could look away...then she rushed into the toilet for a hot shower..emerging in her pink nightie n gown..the room n nursery were snug with the oil heaters that ashutosh had installed...as she went to see nishu..sleeping in his quilt..tucked properly..she wanted to touch him...but did not for he might wake up..nidhi sighed..n turned...only to be engulfed in dr ashutosh's arms...he held her gently as they looked at nishu..together..beautiful...nidhi asked"roya tha kya..kuch khaaya isne"??dr ashutosh smiled n said"hoon...shaam ko roya..irritable tha...mere ko nahi chod raha tha..per khaya hai khichdi...theek hai..."n then he took nidhi's hand.."chalo..kuch kha lo..tum bahut thak gayee hogi..."nidhi didnt reply..just let him walk her to the sofa,where he had laid aloo matar n heated parathas...khaao..mai abhi aaya.."as nidhi sat..her eyes hurting with sleep..ashutosh returned with two hot steaming cups"adrak wali chai.."n nidhi smiled..as she ate.."aapne khaaya"??he nodded"hoon...kha liya tha..."as nidhi finished n took her tea..she looked up,collecting all her courage she said"i am sorry,dr ashutosh,..i realize my mistake..plz maaf kar deejiye.."ashutosh looked up at her face..hearing her choked voice,he smiled n said"jaanti ho nidhi..jab kandhon pe zimmedaari badh jaati hai,to woh galtiyon ka bojh nahi utha paate...khaas kar apno ki galtiyon ka..."nidhi nodded,she understood what he was trying to say..now he was the owner of kgh..his wife..n a dr could not afford to make mistakes...
Nidhi got up to clear the dishes..ashutosh made her sit as he said"hato,let me do it"nidhi seemed puzzled at this volte face...was he sorry??concerned?worried??she didnt know..she was too tired..dr ashutosh entered n came to where she was sitting..nidhi looked up..."hospital me to aap..."ashutosh touched her cheeks n said"nidhi,hospital me jo naaraaz ho raha tha woh ek senior dr ,ek m.d. tha jise dr nidhi ki galti per gussa aa raha tha...aur yahaan per jo hai..woh tumhara pati hai..jise apni biwi ki behad fikr hai...'"nidhi just looked at him...trying to understand the depth,the wisdom of the words...and then ashutosh put his arm around her n helped her to bed..he sat n pressed her toes with his strong hands as nidhi struggled"hatiye..plz mere pairon ko haath nahi lagaaiye.."he did nt pay any heed..n then he put his hand to her back..and began to press it..as nidhi moaned..."aah...dr ashutosh...plz thoda neeche..."n ashutosh began to press the lumbar region...as he asked"better"??nidhi did not reply..he saw she was fast asleep...ashutosh kept gazing at her..he knew as a boss he had been very tough with her..he smiled ..now as a husband,he would very caring...ashutosh kept pressing n massaging nidhi's back till she turned..n then he just took her into his arms n put the quilt over...warm n snug!!!!

In the morning,it must have been 7 when nidhi was awakened by nishu's cries..she looked tired n disoriented but then immediately realized it was her baby calling her..she ran..upsetting the clock on the sidetable n thus awaking dr ashutosh..as nishu saw her...he made a miserable face n croed"mammaaa"nidhi responded by taking him in her arms..immiediately...hugging him as if he were life itself..infact he was...her life...and then as she separated him a little to look at him..the sunshine of a lovely smile lit up nishu's face...as nidhi rubbed her nose to his n whispered"nissshhhuuu..mera baby..mera pyaara pyaara baby..."ashutosh kept looking at them..so complete with each other...nidhi sat with nishu..n he immediately kept his hand ahead to start the clap game...nidhi laughed"khelna hai..chalo"n they started..with ashutosh gazing at them alternately...how had he survived for so many years without this joy..this fulfillment...n ..n nishu..stood up n ran towards him..only to fall in his comforting arms...andthe three laughed...
Nidhi organized nishu's bath..but as she bent..she felt her back aching again...and she arched...seeing dr ashutosh observe her discomfort,she asked"dr ashutosh,meri back kyu dukhti hai itni..thode se bhi strain ke baad..why..meri age kiaur women..they r so fit.."ashutosh gulped...got up n helped her sit..n then explained"nidhi..baki sab itni tough pregnancy nahi bear karti..jitni tumne ki hai..."pointing to nishu ,he added"iska sara weight to abdomen aur back musclesper hi padta tha na...isiliye sweet heart.."nidhi smiled"koi baat nahi,..aap kis liye hain..treat kariye...aur mere baby ko kuch nahi kahiye..."ashu shook his head as nidhi made nishu bathe..."nidhi mai tumhaara kya karoon..."

At the dining table the family was together..as baba asked nidhi about the patient ..n armaan said"hey,nidhi tu mera fashion house join kar le..hospital chod ke..i will be a better boss..ye khadoos tujhe kya sikhaayega bhala"??nidhi smiled n replied"armaanji..abhi tak sabkuch inse hi seekha hai..discipline devotion...zimmedari nibhaana..farz subkuch..."she could feel ashutosh's gaze on her...armaan smiled..feeling the warmth of nidhi's love for ashu.."aur kuch tu ne bhi sikhaaya hai isse"??nidhi lowered her eyes..as ashutosh replied"haan armaan bahut kuch sikhaaya hai,..diya hai...pyaar..yeh ghar..parivaar..yeh mera chota sa sansaar..."baba closed his eyes for a moment...wishing for eternal bliss n happiness...
As ashutosh got ready,he saw nidhi emerging from the toilet..in her bathrobe..he smiled n said"hospital chalogi naa"??.."jee..bas ready ho jaaoon..."n as she opened her wardrobe,she felt ashutosh's warm embrace...his back hugs were always so special..she colud feel him...n he...he opened her robe..n reached for her breasts..."kya kar rahe hain..".."apni biwi ko pyaar aur kya..."n the bathrobe was open ..as dr ashutosh took a deeo breath..n kissed nidhi..on her throat..n then on her nipples..his strong fingers..caressing her abdomen..nidhi seemed to feel that her legs were turning to jelly...and it seemed dr ashutosh realized this ashe lifted her..n took her to bed...sitting by her..n caressing her..nidhi pulled him closer...n he kissed her...a deep wet kiss..that told her everything she ever wanted to know...n then he just kept looking at her...her bosom..her belly...and nidhi suddenly felt very shy..as her hands tried to cover her womanhood...ashutosh smiled..and said"mujhse..chupa rahi ho..."??n nidhi just hid her face in the pillow..Dr ashutosh's cell rang just as he was taking off his jacket..with an exasperated expression he took the call.."okayyy,i am coming..."nidhi looked confused..ashu said"chalna hoga nidhi..there is an important meeting..."nidhi got up...disappointment writ over her innocent face...dr ashutosh held her.."hey doc..dukhi ho"??nidhi shook her head n retorted"nahi to..ab chief neurosurgeon se shaadi ki hai..to keemat to chukaani hi padegi na..."n went on her toes to kissashutosh...who responded with a ferocity that told nidhi that she probably wouldnt have enough sleep tonight,..

Dr ashutosh left for the meeting,while nidhi played with nishu..now he could walk..on his own n he would try to chase nidhi..n when nidhi d give herself up,he d just hold her n sit at her feet...in one such moment as nidhi bent to pick him up,baba knocked..."jee baba,aaiye plz"said nidhi..baba entered..n his gaze settled on so many pics of his n ashutosh..he smiled "meri photos kyun laga rakhi hain...shaadi ke baad to bus tum dono..infact ab to tum teeno ki photos honi chahiye..mai to bas khamakhaan!!"nidhi held baba's hand as nishu tugged at him .."nahi baba,aapka aur dr ashutosh ka rishta to mere aur unke rishte se bahut gehra hai..aap unki xindagi me sabse pehle air sabse zuroori..hain..phir armaanji...aur tab shaayad mai aur nishu..aur dekhiye..humaari shaadi ki photo bhi hai..aur yeh nishu jab 3 din ka tha...iski kitni photos abhi frame karwani hain...par baba..such yehi hai ki aapke bina dr ashutosh ka koi wajood hi nahi..."baba smiled n contemplated,then spoke"jaanti hai nidhi..mai jab ashu ko laya..to koi uska bhala karne ko ya social service ke liye nahi...mai to apni zindagi ka soonapan door karne laaya tha usse..koi 9 ya 10 saal ka raha hoga...mujhe aaj bhi yaad hain uski woh udaas aankhe..uski khaamoshi...jaanti hai beta..maine usse bahut pyaar kiya..padhaaya,music sikhaaya..aur har cheez me mera ashu behtareen raha..par jaanti hai..woh humesha gumsum..ekaaki ya chup rehta tha..armaan ke alaawa uske koi close friends bhi nahi the..mallika thi par woh uski taqleefzyaada..marham kum thi...per beti jabse tu iski zindagi me aayi..teri chaahat ne isse ek flawed personality se normal bana diya..tere liye iski tadap..tere bina iska adhoorapan...aur phir tere milne ki khushi..shaadi ke liye excitement...yeh sab pehle mai kabhi soch bhi nahi sakta tha...per tere aane se uski zindagi badal gayee..jaise naye mausam aa gaye.,vasant aa gaya ,patjhar me...beti..tu hi uski zindagi hai...""haan bhai,...mai to extra hoon"!!!both baba n nidhi wete shocked as armaan chirped..n as nishu jumped to him..they all laughed...armaan added "baba...aap nishu ki birthday party discuss karne aaye the..ashutosh ki jeevan gaatha nahi..."baba slapped his forehead.."oh mai to bhool hi gaya...haan!lagta hai mera alzhimers gayaa nahi..nidhi tu ne ilaaj nahi kiya mera..kyun"??arman joked"eoh actually ashu ke ilaaj me busy ho gayee.."n nidhi..glared at n then laughed..looking at armaan..baba spoke"to betabata..iske birthday me kya karna hai..15 din bache hsin bus...mai to khoob badi party chahta hoon..mera bus chale to ..to saare shehar ko daawat doon..haan bhai dr mathur ke pote ka janm din hai..dhoomdhaam se mane...tu bataa..."nidhi seemed lost in the joy that oozed out of baba's eyes..then..coming to the present ,she smiled n said"baba,i feel...morning me ek choti pooja rakh lete hain..bus ghar ke liye..aur phir..anaath aashram...me ...kapde ..khaana..ya mithaai..aur haan baba jeevan sandhya..."baba smiled as he held her ..drawing his daughter in law to his proud chest.."nidhi..tu jeevan sandhya kabhi nahi bhoolti...".."kaise bhool sakti hoon baba,mujhe wahaan aap mile..dr ashutosh ji khoyi hui khushi..unke baba...aur phir aap nahi milte to mujhe dr ashitosh kaise milte bhala..."??baba smiled..."haan..mujhe yasd hai woh raat..jab maine kaha tha'mujhe to meri chaahat mil gayee..ab tujhe bhi teri chaahat mil jaaye..'yaad hai...mujhe kya pata tha ..mera ashu hi hai teri chaahat..."!!armaan smiled"aapko nahi lagta baba...aap kaafi ..kya kahoon..."..'buddhu tha...yehi na??ab sochta hoon to yehi lagta hai...per kaun soch sakta tha ki ashu ki zindagi me koi ladki...woh bhi itti pyaari ladki aa sakti hai.."armaan again brought them back to the topic"plz..plz..yeh bhooli bisri yaadein programme nahi..ye mere bhateeje ka rocking bday show hai...bhai party ki baat karo na"nishu also jumped in excitement..n nidhi said"guest list bsna lete hain..n armaanji baaki sab decisions aapke...bus meri ek request..ek piano zuroor mangwaaiyega..dr ashutosh gaana to zuroor gaayenge..hai na..to ab kariye taiyaari"armaan carried nishu n said"chalo bhaiyya..iss ghar me ek mai hi to kaam karta hoon...chalo bday mode mei...yaahooo.."n nishu also shouted"ooohooo"nidhi kept looking at armaan...his apparent euphoria...his concealed pain...would life not give any joy to him...or was nishu really so much of a joy to him...her gaze shifted to dr ashutosh's photo...then she thought of the morning kiss..n blushed...as she organised her apron n purse n hummed"tere bina...jiyaa jaaye na..."

In the hospital,dr ashutosh first checked with kumar..he was perfectly normal,he gave instructions to the dr on duty to shift him into the normal room n then went into the meeting for which the new health secretary had come.dr dubey n dr ranganath were also there.The secretarysaid"dr ashutosh,i have just taken over this post but have come to know that kgh,though a private hospital,has always shared social responsibilities...so i come with this offer..."dr ashutosh nodded nsaid"i am all ears.."the secy went in"we have launched a new family welfare scheme NAARI SWAASTHYA..for rural areas,aiming to provide clean n hygienic deliveries,mtp,family planning n tubectomy in the villages.we d provide you 8 brand new ambulances with all equipment,but you d have to send ur drs to the nearbyareas..villages ,on day trips n if your drs make 100 successful trips,the govt will double the grant to your hospital..also it d be a genuine service to the society..drs just think of those multitude of women who die during child birth for want of good drs..plzextend your support..."dr ashutosh looked at dr dubey n dr ranganath n spoke"personally i am in favour of this effort..but give me a day n let me talk to my jr drs,after all it has to be their endeavour.."the secy agreed n left after shaking hands n thanking dr ashutosh...dr ashutosh told dr ranganath"dr ranganath plz call a meeting of all drs at lunch...i will adress them"
Nidhi ,priyanka,jyothika,ahaana,aditi n others chattered their way into the conference room,wondering what dr ashutosh d discuss.ahaana asked nidhi if he had told her anything the previous night ,before nidhi could reply,priyanka joked"ahaana,stupid..raat ko hospital nahi discuss karte honge dr ashutosh..."ahaana was confused"to phir kya karte honge..."??aditi gave an exasperated look n said"mera sir...ramayan padhte honge..."ahaana turned to nidhi"sach nidhi..dr ashutosh ramayan padhte hain raat ko..."n nidhi blushed...just then dr ashutosh entered n all stood up.."drs,we have got an excellent proposal from the health ministry,that if we support a health initiative for women,our grant d be doubled,also drs this d be a noble cause..but the jr drs,specially the ladies will have to take trips into remote areas..are you ready..to lend a helping hand"??all girls looked at each other n murmured...then nidhi stood up..looking straight at ashutosh she said"sir,i volunteer..i am ready..."ashutosh smiled but dr dubey interrupted,"how can you go..nidhi,you havea young son.."nidhi smiled n replied"yes sir..but i have v supportive father in law n family..n we dont have to go everyday..so sir i dont want to fail the hospital..i was taught by the dean..that be a dr first..everything else comes later..,"as she sat,she could see other hands rising in support..tje drs were all ready..she looked at dr ashutosh...pride dwelling in his eyes...he looked at nidhi...sainyaan...

In the evening,nidhi came home at 6 n had cooked pulaao n kofta by the time a tired dr ashutosh entered..armaan smiled at him as he bathed n emerged in a spotlight kurta pyjama..nishu could not wait any longer n jumped into his lap..ashutosh kissed him but he wanted his papa to play..so ashutosh got up and threw a red ball that nidhi had bought for him..nishu ran in his black dungrees n picked it..trying to throw it..he fell n "ooonnnhhh"as a smiling ashu picked him up..n he tried to snatch dr ashutosh's spechs..dinner was a talkative affair as nidhi n armaan discussed the dresses for nishu's birthday.."bataaiye na,dr ashutosh,nishu kya pehnega,..."??ashutosh thought n said"nidhi kuch bhi ..jo tum chaaho..but i feel..dhoti..ya suit jo log bachchon ko pehnaate hain..makes the child v uncomfortable...kuch comfortable hona chahiye..."nidhi smiled ..n armaan interrupted"achcha,ye bata tu kya pehnega"??"mai kya...suit aur kya..."nidhi smiled...she loved dr ashutosh in suit n ties...he looked so authoritative..so grand...she lowered her eyes..knowing ashutosh had his eyes on her...the banter went on..with ashu telling baba he must wear a new suit..as he looked the great neurosurgeon dr mathur in a suit..n baba laughed..saying"suit to nishu ki shaadi me pehnoonga ab"!!!!
Nidhi smiled..satisfied at the joy that rang in every corner of this house...their home..ashutosh raised his eyebrow..askingher thoughts..n she just smiled ..

As nish settled in his crib,nidhi said"hum birthday per nishu ko ek naya bed denge..aur ek naya scooter bhi..toy scooty..remote waala..ok"??ashutosh smiled as he n nidhi came back to the bedroom..n nidhi pouted "aapne to mere khaane ki taareef bhi nahi ki..this is not fair..."ashu smiled..a naughty glint in his eyes.."maine to chakha hi nahi khaana..aao ab taste karta hoon..."n as nidhi tried to escape,his strong long arms caught her..n he kissed her..strongly...with all his passion..nidhi pushed him away "saans to lene deejiye...nahi to asphyxiate ho jaaongi"ashu brushed her excuses away n lifted her to his lap...caressing her hair..n rubbing his nose to her's..."tumhaari naak...i just love it..."n as nidhi giggled,ashutosh smiled"hansi aa rahi hai"??nidhi quietened...lowering her lips close to his,she whispered,"aap waise lag rahe hain..jaise..shaadi wali raat ke baad..."ashutosh smiled...recalling that morning..when he had laid next to nidhi for the first time..while she slept blissfully..he had tried to touch her but restrained himself...lying beside her...satisfied that she was in his life for ever n ever...nidhi tugged at his kurta buttons to bring him into the present..ashutosh smiled...n kissed her again..his lips n hands tugging at the string of her gown..nidhi smiled as ashutosh almost ripped it..exposing her blue nightie..nidhi looked at the bed as ashutosh carried her..kissing her nightie 's lace..covering her large breasts..removing the straps he kissed the tits..nidhi's giggles had long turned into soft moans..as ashutosh's fingers explored her body..the soft moans grew louder..ashutosh came close..in his natural form..not being able to wait...his desires seeming urgent..he probed her..with his manhood..n pushed as nidhi held him..he went in deeper..coming like never before...as he came out..he turned nidhi around..his fingers caressing her abdomen...he got up to kiss her there..his tongue in her navel..setting her on fire..as his fingers descended into her womanhood..exploring ..touching...examining her intricasies...as she arched n moved restlessly..crying his name..his slow caressing was maddening..her hands on his hair..she seemed to hold him up...n turned to kiss him on his chest...while he continued to massage her..deliberately going slow...as he felt her touching him ..feeling his manly hardness..ashutosh..kissed her again..his tongue probing her mouth while his fingers never stopped,teasing,caressing n then pressing her wet core..as hours of intense passion seemed to pass,dr ashutosh finally decided it was time to make herreach the final bliss..his caressing n massage became firm...his fingers inserting into the depths..as his other hand was firm on her abdomen..holding her possessively..n as nidhi seemed to twist,his dextrous fingers with their consistent circular massage brouhgt her to one peak after the other..n then he took her again...both reaching the new quantum level of bliss n ecstacy...
Ashutosh threw her nightie at her..n then dressed into his kurta pyjama..came close..with a worried question in his eyes...had he played safe enough??nidhi smiled,patted his cheek n reassured.."dont be tense..kuch nahi hoga...i know..."ashutosh smiled...trying to believe her..wanting to believe her.. his eyes full of love n care..seemed to say his nidhi mattered the most to him..he held her..close..his heart beat seemed to say"nidhi..meri nidhi".n then as she lay,he pulled her to his chest...as she played with his chest hair n hummed
Chehre pe khushi chaa jaati hai..
Aankhon me suroor aa jaata hai
Jab tum mujhe apna kehte ho
Apne pe guroor aa jaata hai..