~*Celebrity of the Week -- Preity Zinta*~

Jia thumbnail
Posted: 17 years ago

Hi FriendsπŸ€—

me ishhh back for umm a weekπŸ˜ƒ I am kinda on a break from IF, from studying, from everything...but ahem, i was just a little bit bored at 2am...so can I bug my dear CFC friends pretty please?πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

So this time's

is none other than...the adorable, the bubbly, the funny, the person w/ the cutest laugh and dimple...yeshh yeshhh...its time to rock n roll to the beat of the dhol...or umm its time to disco? we can do either one of them hai na? nahin nahin..i wont run away and start dancing right now i would if it wasn't so late at night *sigh*...j/kπŸ˜†

So iss celebrity ka Kya Kehna? She is one of the finest and the very Best of Bollywood! She is our sweetheart...

Preity Zinta!!

In 1998, the then 24 year old, Preity started her career w/ a supporting role in Dil Se where she gave a brilliant performance and was amazingly noticed given her small part in the movie. Oh and does anyone remember her in the Perks ad running in the cricket stadium?πŸ˜› That was her very first ad! Wow, its her looks or her charm that just get her to be noticed immediately.

She then did Soldier w/ Bobby Deol. Apparently, she had signed to do this movie before Dil se, but it just happened that Dil se released first. It should have been a career set back for her...but not for our amazing Preity! πŸ˜ƒ 

Soldier Soldier meethi baatein bolkar
dil ko chura le gaya

Preity Preity itni pyaari dikhti
ki hum uspar fidaaa hogayee😳

She did a couple of movies in b/w where the movies didn't really do great on the BO. But in 2000 she did the movie Kya Kehna. Here she played the role of an unmarried girl who gets pregnant. The film deals w/ the way she faces the society and her family during such times. I think she put up a remarkable performance and was truly recognized as a truly talented actress after this movie. πŸ‘

Do notice the trend here...she kept changing her hairstyle right from the start! She also kept experimenting w/ different roles every time!! She did not stick to the usual romantic hindi drama but was brave enough to go for unusual roles. Again this is a mark of a smart and talented actor! πŸ‘

She was next seen in the movies Har dil jo pyaar karega, Mission Kashmir, and Chori Chori Chupke Chupke. Who can forget the rocking songs and our amazing Preity from these movies?

Piya Piya oh Piya Piya
Piya Piya oh Piya

na jaane kyun dil dhadke
preity ko dekhar hai dhadke
usne kaisa humpar yeh jadoo kardala!!

Piya Piya...

Her chemistry w/ Rani was well noticed here in Har dil jo pyaar karega. They gel well on screen...but they are not the best of friends off screen. Oh well, at least we see them as sisters or friends on screen. πŸ˜›

Bumbro bumbro, shyam rang bumbro
Aaye ho kis bagiya se, oh oh tum

Chori Chori Chupke Chupke was yet another movie w/ Salman, Rani and Preity. Here Preity played the part of a surrogate mother. She did a good job in this movie.πŸ‘

Chori Chori Chupke Chupke,
Dil Preity le gayee loot ke...
Chori Chori Chupke Chupke... 

Next came for Preity a huge milestone in her career...or atleast I think it was a milestone. Her role in Dil Chahta hai was amazing! She looked fab in the movie as well as shared a good rapport w/ Amir! The movie was so great and Preity just made it better.

Jaane kyun log pyaar karte hai
Jaane kyun woh kisi pe marte hai
Jaane kyunn Jaane kyun..

She did a few movies after this...the most memorable one was her villanous role in Armaan she put up a great performance in the movie w/ great actors like Anil kapoor and Amitabh Bachchan!

Now came 2003 and from that time till to-date she has been doing the best and I mean the best movies! Her performance is up to the mark in all the movies. She gives her best to the movies and we see that while watching her excellent movies!

Koi...mil gaya, Kal Ho na Ho, Lakshya, Veer Zaara, Salaam Namaste....in all these movies we see one of our finest actors...Preity!

In this movie she played the role of a journalist...and simply rocked as one! Her chemistry w/ Hrithik was again well appreciated after Mission Kashmir and Koi...mil gaya!

Agar hum kahein
ke hume tumse mohabbat hai
Humariiiiii bas yehi chahat hai
toh kya kahogiπŸ˜›πŸ˜†

She did a wonderful job of playing a simple girl in KHNH!

Our beautiful Preity looked ek dum pretty even when she played an old age role in Veer Zaara. She excelled in her performance here as well. πŸ‘

Hehe, our Saif got Preity preggie once again afer Kya Kehna in Salaam NamasterπŸ˜† Preity and Saif are good buddies off screen and it showed in their work as well. Wonderful movie, wonderful Preity!

aati hain woh aaise chal ke jaise  jannat mein rehti hain
dekhti hain sabko aaise jaise sabko woh sehti hain
par gusse mein jo aaye aur ankhein woh dikhlaye
ladte ladte galti se muskaaye
my dil goes mmmmmm....
my dil goes mmmmmm....πŸ˜³πŸ˜†

And finally we come to one of the biggies of this year...Kabhi Alvida Na Kehna. I saw this movie just recently and trust me it is one of her finest performances ever! She has played the role w/ all the elegance and all the charm. She looks the best as well as offers the role what it demands. πŸ‘

Where's the party tonight?πŸ˜›

Now what do we have to look forward to for our Preity? Jaan-e-man (w/ Salman and Akshay Kumar) and Jhoom barabar Jhoom w/ Abhishek!! Jaan-e-mann is supposed to release this year...while Jhoom Barabar Jhoom will be some time next year.

So ahem ahem...thak thak...time for ...for u to leave?!?! nahinnnnnn lol, its time for the amazing questions...aapki saaza...j/k please answer them and create a good discussion here.😳

1. Do you feel Preity has grown as an actor? How?

2. Do you agree w/ the point that Preity is experimenting w/ her looks and roles every time?

3. How would you rate her as an actor on a scale of 10 (0 being the lowest)?

4. Which movie had her best performance so far? Why?

5. Who in bollywood would you pair up Preity w/ to go out on a date?

6.  Did you see KANK? What did you think of her performance in this movie?

Thats it folks...its 330am now..and me all done for the nightπŸ˜† 

Good night...adious...take care. πŸ˜›

Main aisi kyun hoon...main aisi kyun hoon?
(
jawab ke liye...milte hai next time...same place...ur one and only CFC!!πŸ˜›)

Lots of love,
khair

CFC Dev Team

To continue your support for Preity,
please join her fan club!

Edited by sweet_kp - 17 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

ammmu thumbnail
Yayyyy, first one to reply πŸ˜†

1. Do you feel Preity has grown as an actor? How? Definitely so...... she has gone from acting in some timepass movies to movies with big stars, and she is one herself! Preity has done some really different roles!

2. Do you agree w/ the point that Preity is experimenting w/ her looks and roles every time? Pretty much, yes..... but I'm waiting for another look like she was in Veer-Zaara, kyunki she's been a "modern ladki" for about 3 movies now! πŸ˜ƒ πŸ˜†

3. How would you rate her as an actor on a scale of 10 (0 being the lowest)? I'd say..... an 8 😊

4. Which movie had her best performance so far? Why? Kal Ho Naa Ho I think...... her role was really great and she did a great job!

5. Who in bollywood would you pair up Preity w/ to go out on a date? Haila..!!! πŸ˜† πŸ˜† I dunno?

6. Did you see KANK? What did you think of her performance in this movie? yes I did and Preity was really good.... It's not necessarily a VERY "different" role (matlab modern working girl), lekhin she did a great job of portraying it!

Cholly.... too much homework and i'm doing this for you Khair Di 😳 πŸ˜†

Virgo_Stars thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3

Ooo i love Priety!! Great topic Khair πŸ‘

Yes and a lot! The reason? U watch Dil se and then u watch KANK and u know the difference on how greatly Priety has inproved πŸ˜ƒ

2. Do you agree w/ the point that Preity is experimenting w/ her looks and roles every time?Ummm...I agree with it around 70%. Coz some of her roles are a little repetative but otherwise she is a very experimenting actress 😳

3. How would you rate her as an actor on a scale of 10 (0 being the lowest)?I think 8.5/10 coz she is an awesome actress but she still has to go a little longer to become perfect πŸ˜›

4. Which movie had her best performance so far? Why? Umm... Kal Ho naa Ho, Kya Kehna and Kabho Alvida Naa Kehna coz i just loved her performance in those movies!!! 😳

5. Who in bollywood would you pair up Preity w/ to go out on a date?i suggest abhishek coz he would look really cute with priety πŸ˜ƒ

6.  Did you see KANK? What did you think of her performance in this movie?All I can say about her performance is πŸ‘

notfadedaway thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 3
1. Do you feel Preity has grown as an actor? How?

yes a lot..becuz she have done movie with some biggest stars of bollywood...if u will her films now...i think she have improvedd a lottt

2. Do you agree w/ the point that Preity is experimenting w/ her looks and roles every time?

yes, becuz now she doing roles that r really different like she played a cold woman in kank...she did an awesome job in the movie...and her look was different...and also in kal ho na hoo...she did a really good jobb πŸ‘ πŸ‘ πŸ‘

i will rate her 9

4. Which movie had her best performance so far? Why?

i will say kank and kal ho na ho...in these two films...she played a different characterr...and she also changed her looksss 😊

5. Who in bollywood would you pair up Preity w/ to go out on a date?

she looks awesome with saif ali khan...they both look really cute togetherr πŸ˜ƒ

6. Did you see KANK? What did you think of her
performance in this movie?

I really liked her performance in kank...itz was really different than her other movies....i loved her actinggg...itz was realistic πŸ˜›
teenindia_usa thumbnail

GREAT TOPIC, wow was away otherwisw would havebeen 1st to respond I m her #1 supporter!

Yes. She has grownfromdoing, happy go lucky roles, to serious and award winning roles like in kal ho na ho. Recently in KANK, she played a chsracter that is totally opposite of her nature. She is the true Queen ofbollywood

2. Do you agree w/ the point that Preity is experimenting w/ her looks and roles every time?

Yes, one has to if they are to survuve this industry. One has tobe verstatile

Veer-Zaara, she was natural and radiant in that movie. Also Kal ho na ho, which garnered her thebest actress award

SRK

6.  Did you see KANK? What did you think of her performance in this movie?

Yes, her performance was minblowing!!!!!

Nice topic Khair, luv Miss. Zinta!!!!!!!!!

Edited by teenindia_usa - 17 years ago
~@$hm@~ thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
wuhuuuuuuuuu!Preityyyy...Hmm im goin now..wen ill cum bak ill edit this πŸ˜‰πŸ˜†

PS:Yes Pari u r Preity's No.1 SupporterπŸ˜³πŸ˜ƒ
doly_455 thumbnail

grt presentation khair..........love the pics........

i think preity is a very classy actress , very hard workin and bubly, she knows what she wants and has given a fair performance to all her roles......loved her in kank........

yes, she has been thru a lot of roles, which has moulded in a better actress 

ya and that has proven good for her..........her every look and role is different frm the others.........which makes her more special

9.5/10

kal ho na ho...........because it had various shades...frm happy to sad, angry to comdy......

i like her paired with ness........ she would lok good with srk, salman, hritik......

6. Did you see KANK? What did you think of her performance in this movie?

ya...i think she was absolutely amazin........

Edited by doly_455 - 17 years ago
Miss.Netherland thumbnail

Yup
see her oldest & newest film πŸ˜›

2. Do you agree w/ the point that Preity is experimenting w/ her looks and roles every time?

Yyy

Kank didn see itπŸ˜†soo cant say
she looks very good there

preity & Srk 😳

Nooooooooooooooooooooooo

lilyrosey thumbnail

Yes, she has definitely grown as an actor from Dil Se to Kal Ho Naa Ho to KANK, she's improved really nicely, one of the best actress today!πŸ‘

Yes she is experimenting with her roles and looks, she's trying new things and she's doing it well, like in KANK, she was really nice in her character, and she looked really pretty.

i would say 8.5 😳

I would say KANK, she was definitely amazing in the movie, loved her acting! She fit well into the character and did a nice job πŸ‘

Preity and Saif 😳, also she looks cute with Abhishek 😳

Yes I did and her performance was amazing, she did a superb job πŸ‘

swt.smile thumbnail

1. Do you feel Preity has grown as an actor? How? Yes she did... we can see a big difference.. from her old films and now... She's a very good actress...

2. Do you agree w/ the point that Preity is experimenting w/ her looks and roles every time? Yes... that's so true... I completely agree.... She's just great

3. How would you rate her as an actor on a scale of 10 (0 being the lowest)? 9/10.. She's really good... and getting better in every film

4. Which movie had her best performance so far? Why? Obviously KANK... She was just great in it.... The role was not a big big one but still she did justice to the role... She was just perfect for the role...

5. Who in bollywood would you pair up Preity w/ to go out on a date? Saif... They look great together...

6.  Did you see KANK? What did you think of her performance in this movie? Yes I did... And Preity did a great job in this movie... I was not really surprised cuz she was even good in Karan's KHNH... nd Veer Zaara... and that's what I expected from her in KANK.. and she did the role really well... Seriously.. well done preity... πŸ‘