~~Rabir FF:Live, Laugh, Love~~ Chapter 30 @ pg 42 (10/19)

nividances thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago

Hi guys! So this is my first time ever writing an FF, so please excuse my writing. Here's the initial character sketch of the four main people...it's extended off of the character's on the actual show but there are some modifications. Most of the other family members the show are still here and will be introduced as the story progresses.

Index:

Character Sketch & Introduction - pg 1

Chapter 1 - pg 1

Chapter 2 - pg 1

Chapter 3 - pg 2

Chapter 4 - pg 3

Chapter 5 - pg 4

Chapter 6 - pg 5

Chapter 7 - pg 5

Chapter 8 - pg 6

Chapter 9 - pg 8

Chapter 10 - pg 9

Chapter 11 - pg 10

Chapter 12 - pg 12

Chapter 13 - pg 14

Chapter 14 - pg 17

Chapter 15 - pg 20

Chapter 16 - pg 22

Chapter 17 - pg 23

Chapter 18 - pg 25

Chapter 19 - pg 27

Chapter 20 - pg 27

Chapter 21 - pg 29

Chapter 22 - pg 31

Chapter 23 - pg 32

Chapter 24 - pg 33

Chapter 25 - pg 35

Chapter 26 - pg 35

Chapter 27 - pg 36

Chapter 28 - pg 40

Chapter 29 - pg 41

Chapter 30 - pg 42

Character Sketch:

Rachna Dayal Garg: 23; shy and reserved girl, got a full scholarship to study fashion designing at NYU, originally from Benaras but living in NY for the past 2 years to complete her degree

Kabir Tripathi: 25, confident and successful fashion designer and owner of KT Creations in Mumbai, has a troubled past which makes him seem very tough and harsh on the outside, very close to his dadi

Gunjan Garg: 24, spunky and full of life, very confident, married the love of her life (Mayank Garg), Rachna's sister second year MBA student at Benaras Hindu University

Mayank Garg: 26, Rachna's brother, Gunjan's husband, engineer at DN Constructions in Benaras, loves his wife and family, responsible and caring

Introduction:

January 10, 2014. 11:58 PM, New York

[Rachna's POV]

Wow, I can't believe 2 whole years have passed here in NY! It seems just like yesterday when I got the scholarship and Papa gave me the permission to come to NYU. And today, I'm spending my last night here in this beautiful city...the Big Apple, the city that never sleeps. Tomorrow morning I'll graduate and return back to Benaras, back home, back to my family. Well then I should quickly finish packing and get some sleep before tomorrow's big day...

January 11, 2014. 9:28 AM, Mumbai

[Kabir's POV]

I can't believe that I have to go back there again, to the place that has only given me pain and sadness. If only I hadn't signed this contract! I can't believe I didn't realize that this client only operates out of Benaras! Why Kabir, why are you so stupid?! You should have at least double checked everything. Well I guess I should go tell dadi the news that we are leaving tomorrow...

January 11, 2014. 9:28 AM, Benaras

[Gunjan's POV]

Yes!! My best friend, my sister is coming home tomorrow!!! I'm so excited! I have to get everything ready...I want to throw Rachna the biggest welcome back party ever! She'll be so surprised! Let me go talk to Mummy ji and Mausi Ma about it. They can help me plan...

How was it? Please tell me if you liked it and if I should continue...

Edited by nividances - 9 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

nividances thumbnail

Chapter 1:

January 12, 2014. 5:00 pm. Lal Bahadur Shastri Airport, Benaras.

Rachna has reached the airport and is trying to call Gunjan and Mayank but no one is picking up her call. Meanwhile, Rachna's family is purposely avoiding her calls to make her welcome back party more surprising and special. After trying to call home multiple times, Rachna decides that she will take a taxi to her house. Meanwhile, Kabir and his dadi have also reached Benaras:

"Dadi, I have to go to office for some work but I will arrange a taxi for you so you can go home."

"It's ok Nanhe, I will manage. You go finish your work quickly and then come home so we can have dinner together."

So Kabir leaves to go to his office and dadi sits in a taxi. Rachna sits in the same taxi and tells the driver the address of her house. She then sees that dadi is already sitting there.

"Oh I'm so sorry. I didn't realize this taxi was already occupied. Let me take another one."

"It's ok beta. We have to go to the same neighborhood anyways so we can share this cab. What is your name beta?"

"Thank you so much. My name is Rachna."

"Rachna. What a pretty name. By the way, are you Shail's daughter?"

"Yes, I am. But how do you know?"

"I am your old neighbor. I have known your entire family for a long time. In fact, you and Nanhe used to be best friends and play together when you were kids."

"Nanhe...who's that?"

"Oh sorry. He's my grandson. You probably don't remember him. We moved away when you both were small."

While dadi and Rachna were talking, the taxi quickly reached Rachna's house. Rachna hugged dadi and got out of the car. "It was nice to meet you dadi. Me and mummy will come visit you soon."

Rachna got her bags and entered her house. All of a sudden the lights came on and everyone screamed "Welcome home Rachna!!" Rachna was very surprised and so happy! She hugged everyone and gave out the gifts that she had bought for them all.

9:00 pm. Rachna's room.

Gunjan and Rachna were sitting on the bed together and chatting about their lives.

"Rachna I'm so happy you're back home. I really missed you when you were gone."

"I missed you too Gunjan. But I had an amazing time in NY. I learned so much and met so many cool people!"

"You must have met a lot of cute guys too!"

"Gunjan! Tum bhi na! Anyways, how are your studies?"

"They are good Rachna. I'm almost done with my MBA and hopefully I will get a job soon. You know that it was Mumma's dream that I go to a good college and get a good job. And it's finally coming true!"

"Great! I'm really happy for you. I'm also going to start applying for some positions soon. I heard that KT Creations is opening a new office here in Benaras. It would be so amazing if I could get a job there!"

"Don't worry. You'll get a job anywhere Ms. NYU! Ok you must be tired after such a long journey, I'll go to my room and you also go to sleep. Good night!"

"Good night Gunjan!"

January 13, 2014. 8:00 am. Garg House.

"Good morning mummy."

"Good morning Rachna. Wow, you woke up very early today. Do you have to go somewhere?"

"Yeah mummy. I have applied for a job and I have an interview with them today."

"Ok beta, have breakfast and then you can go"

"Ok. Oh by the way mummy, guess who I met at the airport yesterday? Dadi, our next door neighbor that you always talk about. She came back to live in Benaras. She was remembering you."

"Really? Mausi ji has come back to Benaras! Ok you go to your interview and then we will go visit her afterwards."

"Sure mummy. Bye!"

"Bye beta! Good luck!"

*Precap: Rachna's interview at KT Creations.

Please do comment and let me know how the first part was. I know it seems kind of boring but it will get better soon...I promise! I have some really good Rabir scenes in mind for the next part!

Edited by nividances - 10 years ago
DiVirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
love it! great intro! cant wait for next part!
brat2008 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Loved it๐Ÿ˜ƒ keep writing more๐Ÿ˜†
 Your story does balance very well unlike the series๐Ÿ˜†
Waiting for the next part. Pls make it soon๐Ÿ˜ƒ
nividances thumbnail
Thank you for the positive response! It really means a lot, keeps me motivated to keep writing. Already working on part 2...hope to have it posted tomorrow. ๐Ÿ˜Š
nividances thumbnail
Originally posted by: brat2008

Loved it๐Ÿ˜ƒ keep writing more๐Ÿ˜†

Your story does balance very well unlike the series๐Ÿ˜†
Waiting for the next part. Pls make it soon๐Ÿ˜ƒ

๐Ÿ˜†๐Ÿ˜† That's what I was going for! lol
nividances thumbnail

Chapter 2:

January 13, 2014. 9:00 am. KT Creations Office, Benaras.

There's a lot of people interviewing for the new position at KT Creations. Rachna is overwhelmed to see so many people. She is getting more and more nervous as her interview time is inching closer.

Oh God! There's so many people here...how will I ever get the job? What if they don't like my portfolio? Oh no, I can't do this. I will never get this job!

Rachna gets up from her seat and goes to the door. Just as she is about to open the door to leave the office, her phone rings. It's Mayank's call.

"Hi bhaiyya."

"Hi Rachna. I'm sorry I didn't get to see you this morning but I wanted to call you and say all the best! I know that you will do great and definitely get this job!"

"But bhaiyya there is so many people here and they all probably have such good designs. What if I get rejected? I can't do this bhaiyya! I'm coming home."

"Rachna! Stop! Don't leave that office. If you can see the talent in other people, why don't you see the talent in yourself? You are no less than anybody else Rachna! You are a great designer and you know it. You got a full scholarship to NYU because of your talent and your hard work. Please don't underestimate yourself. I believe in you Rachna! Now get back into the office and show KT Creations what you've got!"

"Thanks bhaiyya! You're right! I should be confident about my work! I will try my best for the interview."

"And that's all I'm asking from you. Just do the best you can! Love you Rachna! Go rock it!"

"Bye bhaiyya!"

After talking to Mayank, Rachna felt much more confident and relaxed. As she sat back in her seat, her name was called for the interview.

"Ms. Rachna Garg."

"Yes ma'am."

"Ok so we have pre-screened you already based on the portfolio you submitted to us. Now, we would like to see you design a mannequin. You will have 30 minutes to design an outfit for a corporate event. All the materials you may need are in that room and your time starts now. Good luck. "

"Ok ma'am. Thank you."

January 13, 2014. 9:00 am. Benaras Hindu University.

"All right class, now we will begin the final project presentations. Ms. Gunjan, you're up first."

"Thank you sir."

Gunjan stands up in front of the class and presents her business proposal. The professor is very impressed. Once the class is over, he asks Gunjan what she plans to do after she graduates.

"I'm not sure sir. I have applied for a few jobs but no offers yet. Hopefully, I will be able to get a position soon."

"Job? You are thinking of working under somebody? With an attitude like yours and the business knowledge you have, you should think of opening your own business."

"Really sir? I never thought of opening my own business before. Do you think it could work?"

"You don't know until you try, right? Give it some thought Ms. Garg. I think you have a lot of potential. Let me know if you need any help."
"Ok, thank you so much sir. I really appreciate your guidance."

January 13, 2014. 10:00 am. Kabir's House.

"Dadi please! No more food...I can't eat anymore and I'm getting late. There are interviews going on in the office and I have to be there soon."

"Ok last bite Nanhe, eat from my hand beta."

"No dadi I really have to go. Bye! I'll call you later! Love you!"

"Love you too beta! Have a good day!"

Oh no, I'm really late! Hopefully Nitya has everything under control. There are some good candidates who have applied but let's see how they do in the mannequin task. I really need to find someone who can handle doing both Indian and Western designs. Chalo, let's see what happens.

Kabir arrives at the office just as Rachna is finishing up her mannequin.

Precap: Gunjan gets an idea for her business. Kabir sees Rachna's mannequin.

Edited by nividances - 9 years ago
nividances thumbnail
Ok so I finished chapter 2 and I couldn't wait to post it so here it is! lol Hope you guys like it! I'll post chapter 3 in a few days then...๐Ÿ˜Š
PariDsouza thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Loved it.. waitin for rabir to meet โ˜บ๏ธ update soon ๐Ÿค—
DiVirgo thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Wow! Amazing! Love that design! Waiting patiently for next update! Hurry!