NEW FF. UNBREAKABLE BONDS Chapter 43(UPDATED PAGE 44 - Page 35

Posted: 9 years ago

CHAPTER  43.

Sugni   knocked  on  the  door  of  the  guest  room   the  next   morning,  she  entered  to  room to  find  Champa  getting up  from   where  she  obviously   slept  on  the  floor.

"hey..good  Morning..."

"Good  morning Mallkin...'

"Here I  brought  you  some  fresh  clothes and  some  other  stuff you   will need."   She  said  handing  her  some clothes and a bag  of  toiletries.

"Malikin...you  did'n ...:

"Please  don't  start  with  that...now   freshen  up  and  you  can  come  join  us   for  breakfast  hmm..."  She  said   as she   left her.

A short  while  later as they  were  all  sitting at the  breakfast  table  Champa came   down. She  stood  quietly  in the  cornor  of the  room until Shanti  caught  sight  of  her...

"Come champa...please  join  us"  Sugni  said.  "Champa  this is  Thakkur  vickramSingh...you did  not  get  to  meet him yesterday  na..."

"N-n- Namaste  Takkur  Mallic."   She  stammered, lookingat the  floor with  her hands  clasps.

"Namaste...come sit ...:

Breakfast  was a  quite  fare,  Vickram , Sugni and  Maaji  discussed  the  progress of the project,  Shanti  was  filled with  curiously about the  guest. Champa   was  more or less picking at her plate awkwardly.

After   the  meal  Sugni    led   Champa to the Vickram's office  so  that  they  could  talk . Vickram   sat  behind  his  desk   as  Sugni  and   Champa  sat opposite  him.

"Champa..." Sugni  began.  " We  would  like  to  help you in  any  way  we can...Thankur  Mallic and  I  had a long talk about  your  situation last night... and what  happened to you   was very  wrong.  And I  think that the one who   did  this  to you  should be punished. "

"What?" Champa asked looking at them confused.  " I am sorry ma'am but that won't happen. I mean He already made an offer for my Sardakhi and , punished...that  won't  happen."She  said  softly. Her eyes  filling with  tears.

"Champa..." Vickram said. " Tell me this ...You  do not  want  to do  your  Sardakhai   from this  Thakur?"  She  shook  her  head.  "Who  is  he.?"  He asked.

"He...He...he.."  She  started  to cry...

"Shh..." Sugni  said   wraping her arms around  her..."It's  OK..." She  said.

"Alright..Champa...You stay  with  your uncle?...can you  tell me where?"  he asked

"Yes...on the River lane... the corner house..."

"His name?"

"Kalidas..."

"Ok ...I  am  going  to   talk to  him and   see  how  I can  assist you..I  promise you...nothing  will happen that you  don't want hmmm." He said as he got up to  leave. "Until I  come back  you can  stay here...then we will see  what to do ok."  He said. She nodded.

Vickram  asked  Sugni  to walk him out as  he was  leaving as he  wanted to talk to her alone.

"Listen...I   am  going to talk to her uncle,  see if I can get him to understand.  Meanwhile...see if you  can  get her to  tell us  the name of the Thakur. I  know she is scared...but  if  we know   I  can try  to  talk to some people  in the   village council and  maybe they  can at least   try to do something...it's difficult, but at least he won't be running around   unknown to us.  I  mean We also have a reputation to protect, from  scum like that  who spoil it!'

"I understand...I'll  talk to  her. " Sugni  said

"Yes, and  I'll see if the  uncle  tells  me anything..."

******\\\\\//////******

"Thakur  Mallick  I   understand what you are saying.!"  Kalidaas  said   to Vickram  as he  stood in his  yard. "but it is  the best  we can  hope for for  her. I  mean  thank  god  he   made  an offer for her...other wise  what  would we have done...and now...by  running away. Even  that is  gone now..."

" are you saying Kalidas?...how can you  speak  like that   about    the man who spoiled  your  nieces  life..." Vickram  Shook is  head  out raged,  instead  of being outraged, Kalidas  was acting as If  this  Thakur  was doing them a favor   by making  an  offer   for  Champa  after  he   violated her!

"Kamal  hain...it is  one  thing  to  accept  and  d  your  Sardakhi,  but it is another  when   it is  being forced on you...do you  understand  this man?  And make  no  mistake that  child  dose not want  this...who would  want to go  to  the person  who  hurt them  in such a way...and instead of  supporting her  you  are pushing her  to it Wah..." he said

"What  else can I do  Thakur  Saab... who would listen to us!"   Asked  the  frail  looking  old  man.   He  had  to be  over  sixty  judging  by  the  looks   of  him, thin and   beaten down.

"The village council  will!...Look  I  know  you  don't  trust us...but  Kalidaasji...if you  stay  quite on this ...Champa  will not be the  only  one...then what is  the point of these traditions, when  people are running around  like barbarians   doing  as  they  please. Thakur's have a reputation also, and  there  is a way  these things  are done...When a  bedni  chooses   Thakur  it  is  because he made her  an  offer that  she is  happy  with and she  agrees  to  willingly.  But that  has  been  so  mixed up and twisted , than  sometimes the greed of her family stops her from making that  choice and  they  make it for her!,  or like Champa...she is  treated as  public property!.  And in all of this  it is  the girls who suffer..."

"But  Thakur  Mallick...what else can she do..."

"Anything she  wants!...Just  because she was born  a bedni does not mean she has to be one...Kaalidaas she can get a  job and   have a  life  she wants...I  can  guarantee  that part...all I would like if for you  to tell the village council  Who is   this  rouge   Thakur...please..."

*****\\\\\\///////*****

"Champa  I  know you are  scared , but  you  don't have to   be.  Thakur  Mallic  and  I  will do  everything to   help and  protect you...this is  my  promise. All we  want is  for you  to  muster  the  courageto  say  who he is  so  that he  can  be  punished"

"No Ma'am  you  don't know  him  he is  very dangerous... If  I  go against  him  them not only  me but  my  uncle  will be in trouble...Ma'am  you  want  me  to  go to the council?...he is  on the council...Please I  just  want to  forget  this...and  maybe try  to move on.  I  know you  helped  me a lot...the kindness you  showed to  me...but please...

"Ok  you  don't  trust the  council...we can  go to the higher  authority. The  police. Have him  arrested.  Champa..if you  leave this as it  is, he  will continue to do this to  others...and  you  think  he  is  going to  stop  harassing you  now? NO  that will continue, because  he  will think  he  is   above the law.   He is  not! "  Sugni  said   looking at her, hoping to  convince her   to  step  up.

Deciding  that  she  could  not pressure her Sugni  decided to  leave it alone.  She already  been  though  a lot and She  had  no  right  to  pressure  her  any  more. She  sighed  softly. Taking her  hand  she  placed it on top of   Champa in a comforting  gesture.

"I  am sorry  Champa...I  did  not  mean to  sound  like I  am  pressuring you..." She  apologized.

"no..no  ma'am...

"You  have been  though a lot..if  you  don't want to do this...it is   quite alright.  You can  relax...we will help you,  as long as we are here you'll be  safe... and  in a few months  we will be leaveing...if you  want we can take you  with  us,  help you   start  over  fresh, away  from   this." She  said.

"You  would do that...for me?"  Champa  looked at her  in  shock,that  was not an  offer she  was epecting.

"Of  course I  would ." She  said. "you  know  Champa ...you  remind  me  so  much of  myself...and I  know all I  wanted was a chance  to get out...so if I  can  give you  that  chance...I   will." She  said   genuinely.

"Bu..but you're a Thakurine..."

" I was'nt  always ...Like you   I  was  born   a bedni but  never  wanted to  be  one..." She  said as  Champa  stared  at her..."oh  yes...I  know exactly  what  the  bedni  life is  about, you  see..." She    said as  she  told   champa  her  life  story, of her  life  before  Vickram,  how  they  met,  broke up and  eventually  married.

Champa  looked at Sugni  for  a long  time digesting  it.  "Wow...that is  an  incredible story..."

"I  know  I  am very  lucky  and  blessed  to  have  him in  my  life...but you  know, all is not lot and if you are determined  to leave this  all behind  somehow some way , Sita Miya makes it  happen>

They  were  silent  for a few  moments each  lost in their  thoughts.  After  a while   Champa said...

"Ma'am I'll tell you...you and  Thakur  Mallick have been so kind  to my, and I know you are trying to  protect others    from Thakurs  like  him...and  if  I can  help in that I will..."She  said  determinedly

"You Sure Champa...because  it is  a big step...and  if you are  doing it because you  think I am  pressuring  you or anything like that..." Sugni  said

"No  no  Ma'am   I  am  not...I am  doing it because you are right...and  I  want to..." She   said. Sugni  sighed  gratefully.   "Thank you  Champa...for  trusting us...I  promise  we will do everything we can  to help you and  get you  justice..."  She  hugged her  warmly.

*****\\\\\//////*******

Sugni stood in the kitchen  mindlessly stirring  a pot, her mind racing with the information she  just  learned. She wondered how  were they going to handle this situation. On one hand she had promised Champa and she wanted to  help her,   but on the  other  hand   was  Maa Thakur  and  Vickram  and  she  knew  more  than  anything  they  just  wanted   to get  out of here  as  soon as the  Temple  was done, and  the last thing  they  would   want   now  was   to get mixed  up in this...

"Sugni!!!'  She   jumped out of  her  thoughts   at  Vickram's  voice  calling her.

"Ji...coming...! ..: She  answered,  telling   one   of the  servants to   watch  the  pot, she  left  to  go  to  the  hall.

"Yes  Thakur  Mallick?"  She asked as she  came  out.

"Come  I  need to talk to you!" he  said   turning  to   the   stairs  and  going  up. 

Sugni  followed  wondering  what  had  him  looking  so  worried, she  had  a feeling it was the same thing  that had  her  worried. 

"come  sit!" he  said  as   she  entered.  She  sat.

"What's wrong  Thakur  Mallick... things  did  not go well with  her  uncle?"  She asked.

Vickram  shook  his  head.  As expected he  was  stubborn  about it, thought  this wa the best  offer she could get. I tried   talking  some  sense into him  but he  wants some time  to think...Did  you  talk to her?"

"Yes...and  she said she was willing to speak   out against  him...bu-but  Thakur   Mallick I  don't...I  mean  I  am not sure now..." She   stammered looking  away  from him. She   began  wringing  her  hands  nervously.

"Sugni?" Vickram  said   placing his hand   ontop of hers.

"HUH?" She answered.

"I  know  what you are thinking..."   He said as  he smiled  slightly.

"You  do?"  She asked, even  she  had  no idea what she was thinking at the  moment.

"Yes ...I  know you are   having doubts about  whether    we should get mixed  up in this  or  not  right?"  he  said.

She  stared at him   astonished.

I  know  for a moment  I  had the same thoughts...but  right is  right and   if we   don't take stand on this  , well  he  won't stop  would  he?" Vickram  said.

She  nodded "But  Thakur  maalick  maaji... she  won't like  this..."

"She  will  support us I  am sure!"   he said confidently. "My  question is  you...are you   okay  with this?"  He asked looking at her  seriously.

"Are you?" She answered

"No  but..." He  shrugged. She  nodded .  She  understood. As  she  turned her hand  and  clasped  her hands  with  his.  Silenatly  giving  him  her answer.

Vickram  chuckled  after a few  moments..."Well I  guess this is  it for  me  wanting to  keep a low  profile  around  here...things  are about to  get rough  I  am sure!"  He said.

"I  know...but you  know Thakur  Mallick...maybe it is  fate. I  mean...he got off before ...and  maybe he thinks  he is  invincible...I  mean  what are the odds   that  we would come back  here , or that I  would  meet  Champa. Maybe  you  are the one  to stop him!"  She said. "After all  there  is only  so  much  you can do before you actions   catch up with  you." She  said  

"I  don't know about that  Sugni...Yes   Vijai  Sigh  did  get off  for  my  sister. And yes there is  not another person  I despise  more...I  could not  help  Kuhu, but if I  can somehow  get   Justice  for Champa  maybe  I can make up for that!" He said  

Sugni  rubbed  her  hand   on his  back  comfortingly.   "He  will  pay   I  am sure! "

He nodded.

"Well  we have some work...I  was thinking about  going to the council..." 

" I suggested that   to...but  she   feels  that   it would be biased you  know since he is a part of that council...and   I  think she  has a point..."

"Well we could  go stight to the police...but  I  don't trust  that   inspector   there...I'll call  my  lawyer and   I  think  he  will  tell us the best step to take hmm?"  He said .  She  nodded.

"Thank  you... Thakur  Mallick..." he rolled his  eyes.  "I  mean  Champa  will be very  greatful " She said.

He  laughed.

"So...I  guess  Thakur  Vickram  Singh  is again going to be the talk of the town...hmmm...?" She  said.

"Yeah... I   mean  it  is after all what  WE  were once famous for around  here.!" He  said  "You  ready  for that?

"Yes...as long as we are  together...I  am ready  for anything!" She said.

vinnie, it was a nice chapter .. em glad i was rite it was vijay singh
may he get punishment for all his deeds.
keep writing thnx 
Hello...I  have  left this story  so  long  that  I  am  sorry  to say   I  have lost  all  zeal  in  it...and  although  I  had a plan for this  2nd  half I  can't  seem  to continue.  So  I  have   decided  to   end it  and  leave it at that.
 Thank you  all  for your  support  and   love  and  encouragement.  It  meant  alot  to  me...
This  is  not  the   ending  I  had  in mind ...but  i  hope you   understand...

CHAPTER  44

It  took  some  convincing   but  somehow  they  got  Maa Thakur  to  support  them  in  pursuing  this , as she  was not comfortable   with  getting  mixed  up  with  Vijay  Singh  again. As  she  said  she  had  enough  of  that  bad  shadow.

But  after  Vickram  explained  that  by  allowing   him to  get  away  with  this would  add  further  insult to  Kuhu's  memory  and   would just  make   him  more  evil, she  agreed  that  he should be stopped somehow.   She  was concerned  over  their  safety , but she  also  know  her son   was capable  of  taking care of  his  own!.

After  subtly   bringing the  matter up  among a few  of  the  village  council  members, Vickram  could not say   he  was  shocked by  their  responses. Some   were   embarrassed that one of their  own   did  something  like  that.

Some  were   angry  that  he was  spoiling  their  reputation. But  none  of  them  as far as he saw  showed  much  concerned  over  the victim.  After  all she  was just a bedni...and   according  to  one, these things  happen,  no  bedni  in her  right  mind   would refuse  a Thakur...

The ones  who did  sympathize  with  her, did  not  want to get  involved and  go against  the   council member as  it could affect  their  business!.  He  shook  his  head  in  disgust  over  this.

So  he decided  the  best  course  would be to go to  the  law and   let them  deal  with  it unbiased.  The  report  was  made and  the   police had  no  choice   but to   arrest   Vijay  after Vickram, Champa  and  her uncle   made  the  report against  him.

Champa  eventually  went  back  home after  her  uncle  came  for her   having   thought  about  Vickram's   words . He  told  her that he  would  support  her  decision . things  were  looking  up  for  them.

With the  arrest  of  Vijay  Singh  the  entire   community  was  in  shock that such  a thing  could  happen. A bedni  against  a Thakur . It was  an   outrage.

Vijai  of  course was  saying to  anyone  who would  listen that the  charges were bogus  and  he  had  nothing  to  do  with  it.   In fact  he  kept  blaming  Vickram and  Sugni  saying  they  were  just out to  get him because of  upcoming   council elections  .  It  did  not  matter for  he  was out  of  jail  within  hours  thanks  to  his  police  cronies and lawyers.

Eventually  with the  testimony  of  the  doctors,  herself and her  uncle ...Vijai I  was found  guilty   and  sentenced   to  seven years  in  jail hard  labor.

After  a few  months  the  temple was   completed and   thee was a grand   ceremony / Puja...

Vickram  was  asked  to  oin  the  village council by   some  of the  Thakurs  who also wanted   change.  He  was  happy  to  see  that   at least  they  were willing  to  make  some  changes, and  he  willingly  gave  his  advice ...

Soon  they  returned to  the  City and their  lives. Champa   came  along  where  she  was   enrolled in a  night  school while she   worked   in the  house. She  worked on  rebuilding   her  life.!

The  best  news  was  not  long  after they  arrived,   Amrita  announced that  she  was  pregnant,  followed  by  Sugni  a  few  weeks  after...so it was  double  celebrations all around.!!!

Life  was good .  Life  was settled.   After  all  the  hardships  trials  and  turmoil.   Everything   worked out.

THE  END

Originally posted by Vinnie79

Hello...I  have  left this story  so  long  that  I  am  sorry  to say   I  have lost  all  zeal  in  it...and  although  I  had a plan for this  2nd  half I  can't  seem  to continue.  So  I  have   decided  to   end it  and  leave it at that.
 Thank you  all  for your  support  and   love  and  encouragement.  It  meant  alot  to  me...
This  is  not  the   ending  I  had  in mind ...but  i  hope you   understand...

its okay vinnie, 
i thank u for accepting my request to deal with it and end it nicely
ill read and comment 
Thank u sooo Much

vinnie for very nice ending ... I appreciate it

i guess u made sugni pregnant for some of us who wanted vikram's baby ðŸ˜†

any ways ill give you your gift as promised .. very soon today 
here is your gift...
aik nai do ðŸ˜†

https://www.facebook.com/Varun.Badola.ShaanSE/photos/a.536342329815257.1073741918.267257333390426/614617378654418/?type=1&theater
take it from above link 
Edited by ronshaan - 9 years ago