NEW FF. UNBREAKABLE BONDS Chapter 43(UPDATED PAGE 44 - Page 6

Posted: 10 years ago
vinnie
i noticed one thing in sugni's words
she said .. see I m changed person now and the time is change and i can not decide this thing now i have my daughter ext ext
seems her heart wants him back but her brain saying no to her
that means.. she wants to say vikram is bit late... i have a daughter of other man... u better move on in ur life and be happy !!! 
Originally posted by ronshaan

1st of all... well u broke the bubble i was living in ðŸ˜­ so shanti is not vikram's child😭 fine... fine u made sure that was not the case.!!

2nd... hmm yes vikram rushed and may b ruined every thing.. let's see how he makes it up to her 

keep writing 
nice progress

Oh  Ron don't cry...  No No  Vickram  is not the biological  father of  Shanti... Sorry  to   burst your bubble...this is the  underlining factor of choices and  consequnses... Sugni  made a  choice driven by  anger and hurt ...that was the  result...Vickram  made  a choice ,  driven by  fear and  that  was his result ... Sometimes it takes a lot to learn...
  Right now  vickram is acting  impulsive, because  he was thrown into a  shock seeing her... he is not  thinking  straight... He needs to sort it out...
 Keep  reading and commenting!

Originally posted by Sandy66

😊Beautifully written Chapter 3 Vinnie. 
Shocked and surprised are written on both Vickram and Sugni's faces upon seeing each other. "It's a small world." Imagine their surprises in seeing each other, after so many years, and under such circumstances. 
Shanti's a adorable child. Wondering who's the father?
Sugni's living condition is poor, which sadden Vickram tremendously.
Vickram's so remorseful about snatching Sugni's happiness, and until he restored it back into her life, he'll never have any peace of mind.
Hope Vickram approached this matter carefully, or else he'll drive Sugni away. He'll have to gain Sugni trust again, and I think he'll 
befriend the little girl Shanti, in order to get to Sugni.
Enjoyed reading this Chapter. THANK YOU VINNIE.
Looking forward to the next Chapter. 

Thank you   Sandy, I  am  glad you  enjoyed it...Locigly  He knows  he should be  sensible ..but  where matters  of the heart are concern sometimes Logic goes out the window... Keep reading to see how it  unfoldaa  new chapter coming  on  soon.
Originally posted by payal7

Hi Vinnie

I read the chapter yesterday but it was too hard to post comments from the iPhone!!!!

My previous comments were what he should do not what he would do!!!! I completely agree with you, where Sugni is concerned TVS's brain has a melt down/short circuits I guess she is his achilles heel.

Actually chapter 4 was exactly how I expected their first real interaction to go both in terms of his actions and her reaction.

He has promised that if she does not want to see him, she won't. I hope no matter how hard it is he keeps his promise because he needs to build the trust he has lost which means keeping his pormises.

Let's see how he handles things😕

HI  Payal,   Thanks for your  thoughts.  I  am  glad you  like hthe chapter.  Onc correction  he did  not  promise... he  said  if she did not want to... (lol)  
 keep reading  and  i  hope you  enjoy  the next chapteer  soon!
Originally posted by Vinnie79

HI  Payal,   Thanks for your  thoughts.  I  am  glad you  like hthe chapter.  Onc correction  he did  not  promise... he  said  if she did not want to... (lol)  
 keep reading  and  i  hope you  enjoy  the next chapteer  soon!

😲😲

Tameto,  Tamato!!!!

When you tell someone that if they did want to see you then they won't - there is an implied promise in that, that they will respect the other person's wishes. 

Lets see what mess he gets himself into before he finally realises the point I am making.

Originally posted by payal7

😲😲

Tameto,  Tamato!!!!

When you tell someone that if they did want to see you then they won't - there is an implied promise in that, that they will respect the other person's wishes. 

Lets see what mess he gets himself into before he finally realises the point I am making.

well said payal !1
Originally posted by croziaxx

nice chapter vinnei, good going.. but feel lil sad .. i know sugani has self respect but i think some time ur self respect cross the limit of arrogance ...i m not saying that she is arrogant ... but she is harsh .. i m sorry but i feel as it is.. 
she know ,vikram know that she is not his, since her sardhakai... he know shanti is not her daughter ? ..but despite of all that he still love her .. want to be with her... so i think her behavour is lil rude..
if i was sugani, then i would have said to him " look i know in the past we both made  mistakes... but we still love to each other deeply .. 
and  life is too short, so let forget to every thing and start afresh because i know without u my life is incomplete...  ðŸ˜³ ðŸ˜‰ ðŸ˜† 
love u ðŸ¤—

HEllo  Mansi

Looove you   tooo!!! 🤗
 I  don't think  here  that  Sugni  is  being  Arrogant... you  have to  remember its been  6 years  they  have been  apart and   the  left on very  bed terms ,  so  him  coming in there  now  proposing  is the worse thing he could have done...
  Hold on  keep  reading...please  I  know you  don't like  the  girl  much...but give  her a chance  lol 😉😉
 Keep  reading!!!
Originally posted by JulieD

Mansi girl we are thinking alike but what to do? 
Vinnie lovely chapter.
Vikram always was a go-getter. Love that about him. Life is too short to hold long term grudges. Hope Sugni agrees to be friends and they could develop a relationship from there.

By the way the chapter was too short😭

Looking forward to Monday...

Hey  Julie, !
  Vickram  surely  is  a go getter and  i  am  sure he will figure out something...After all  TVS  never gave up  anything so eaisly  did  he...!! 
 Keep  reeading ...New  chapter next!
Originally posted by Sandy66

😊 Another fantastic Chapter VINNIE. Really enjoyed reading it.
From my assumption, don't think Sugni really forgiven Vickram for what happened to her six years ago, cause in her tone of voice , there're a hint if anger and animosity , when she spoke to him.
Sugni acted impulsively, when she agreed to do her Sardhakai's with Rajan Singh, and still holds Vickram responsible, even though she told him, she's not.
Would have love it, if Vickram was Shants's father. Without reservation, Vickram would proudly be Shanti"s father, if given a chance.
In order for Vickram to get into Sugni"s good grace, he need to step back a little and tread carefully, or else he" ll drive Sugni away faster than he anticipated.
Sugni's whole world is shanti and independence, she's very passionate about it, so if anyone especially Vickram invade their life without an invitation, she"ll hated him for that .
Presently, Vickram only purpose is to be part of Sugni's life, come what may,which's not a good move on his part.
Thank you VINNIE for your hard work and dedication.
towards this FAN FICTION.
Looking forward to the next chapter. 🤗

Hey  Sandy  ,
  I  think you are right. Some where she is still hurt and  she  would be  after all  they  never resolved anything... They  will  need to  build things  back   and  this  time  it night not be as easy... Trust is a delicate thing  and  once  that is broken,  to get it back  is  very  difficult... Some people  will even  forgive you...but never trust you  again...
 Keep reading see what happens.

CHAPTER 5.

Sugni sorted the piles of laundry into whites and colors, her mind began wandering from the mindless task. As it did, whenever she found herself unoccupied, her thoughts went to Vickram.

It was two weeks since he walked out her door. However, he by no means left her life as Sugni spotted his car outside her window one evening 2 days after and on occasion she would see it driving around. She wondered if he would come out and try to convince her again, but he never did. 

Despite how hard she tried to forget him she was yet to accomplish the task. Part of it was because now she knew he was here and his semi stalking of her was not helping matters.   Her heart was telling her she should have listened to him. Her brain was telling her not to make the same mistake twice.  She had a child to look after she had no business crying over what was lost.

She tried hard to hold on to the hurt, and betrayal she felt when she first found out about Reva, the shock of seeing her, a beauty   for sure.  She was everything Sugni was not, tall fair, looks that could kill.  Then there was Sugni, she was nothing special, she was dark, her hair was always in a mess, her clothes had seen better days. Compared to Reva she looked like a ruffian. Why would he want her when he had that? Her brain could only come up with one answer she was just a challenge he needed to conquer.

She had known Vickram for over eight months; she thought all was rosy in her world. With him around all her fears about doing her Sardakhi were gone.

She felt secure, safe in a way she did not before. She trusted him and believed him when he told her  she was his world. Then when  he held her hand I front of all the  Thakurs and declared that he would make her his wife and invited them all to their wedding, in that  moment  he  won over her  completely.  Had he asked for her life at that moment she would have happily   given it to him.

Then when Reva showed up, at her Mehendi ceremony, saying she was the Thakurine and she wanted a second chance.   In all the time they were together, he never mentioned a wife. She foolishly never thought he would have one.  From the moment she met him he had always been honest and fair to everyone around him, she never thought he would hide something like that from her. Her shock and pain at the time was overwhelming. She felt  betrayed  and  hurt worse than if someone had  beaten her black  and blue.

He showed up at her door a few days after, in a drunken stupor and said he never meant to hurt her, he begged her forgiveness. She was too hurt to listen. Then the people  starting laughing at her,  she became the laughing stock  of the village, until her uncle  told her  it is best she do her Sardakhi  ,  she  knew  Vickram  was against  the practice,  and she figured why  not  show him ...so she  agreed.

With the birth of Shanti though, Sugni's anger and hatred against him somehow diminished.  She looked at herself and her life.  Yes, it was his fault that her wedding   was broken, but if she was honest, what happened after was as a result of her actions.

Her drive to hurt him not only hurt him but she too was not left unscathed either. All she wanted  now was as she told him; live a quite existence with her child.  She knew she would do whatever it took to keep her safe and away from the life, she had.

Now here he was, wanting to pick up where they left off.  She wondered if she should confront him with his stalkish' behavior or ignore him. She instinctively knew that although he could go a bit over board he would never   hurt her physically. She figured if she   ignored him long enough he would give up and leave her alone; she was yet to see that. 

The ringing of her   phone in her pocket, snapped her out of her thoughts.

"Hello?"  Sugni answered her phone.  Wondering who was calling her at this hour of the day at work.

"Hello? Ms. Sugni Mathur?"  A female voice asked.

"Yes?"                                                                                                                             

"Hey  ...I am calling from the Super furniture store...I see you  brought something  from us..."

Oh  darn.

"Yes..Ma'am . A stove.  I  know I am a little late on the payments  this month, but I promise as  soon as I get paid this week I'll make the payment.'

"Oh that is not necessary...Ma'am see..."  Sugni closed her eyes it was just late on one payment surely they could understand.

"Listen...Please...I was going to make the payment, but my daughter needed some school supplied that were  important.  It's just a few days..."

"Ma'am Ma'am   calm down I am not calling about the payments!"   The caller assured her.

"Oh?" Sugni said confused.

"No Ma'am... our  company's   anniversary  is  coming up and are doing sweepstakes   on all our current customers,  and your name  was picked out at random from  our  database. You won   a brand new  living room set, full payment of your  stove and  all new  kitchen appliances. CONGRATULATIONS ! MA'AM.

"Are you kidding me?" Sugni asked shocked.

"No  Ma'am.. I am very serious...I am calling you   to   find out a time that we can have the stuff delivered to your home."

"Oh  I -I am at home by  3 each  day." She said

"Ok  that is fine...well  we  will be over  at your  place tomorrow to   deliver  your winnings...and congratulations again Ma'am.

"Uh  Thank you...I can't believe this...Thank you..." Sugni was shocked; she never won anything in her life!

"You are welcome and enjoy your winnings...Good bye."

"Good bye!"  She smiled.

"Is this what I am paying you to do chit chat on the phone?"  Mrs. Flam said as Sugni hung up.

"I am sorry madam, it was the furniture store...I won a sweepstake they had   new furniture!!!"  She smiled.

"OH...Hmmm... well does that mean I can get back the ones I lent you?" she said, effectively bursting Sugni's bubble.

"Yes they will drop it off tomorrow I guess...and thank you so much for being so kind to us..."

"It was not about kindness, If my niece did not insist on lending it to you, it would have stayed in the storeroom. That furniture has been in this family for years and I hope you did not let that child of yours destroy it..."  She said

"No Ma'am" Sugni said taking a breath to quell her irritation.  Mrs. Flam had her own judgment on Sugni being a single mother, and it was not a nice one.  "Excuse me I'll finish the laundry."   She left before she had to listen to her rant about   children created from sin.

"So did she buy it?"  Vickram asked his secretary as she hung up the phone.

"I think so , she sounded  excited...but sir...won't she find it strange? I mean she won all of this and it is not advertised."   She asked.

"Cha,  No cause  tomorrow  you are going to go over there  with the delivery, have her sign the  delivery  slip  with the stores  logo on it so it looks  legit,  ask her for the  installment contract and bring it back  for me.  I know the manager it'll all be fixed."   He said

"Ok Sir...but why not just tell her?"

"Because if she knew I had anything to do with this she would never agree. So it has to look like it is genuine"   Vickram said.

Vickram thought a lot about how to help Sugni out, and he remembered seeing an envelope form the furniture store, with a bill in it. Looking at her shabby  furniture he knew she could use something a bit more sturdy, it was the most he could do  for now if it was up to him  she would be living in a much  better place  than she was  but he could not do anything about that  without her finding out.

As Vickram had been doing for the past two weeks, he would pass by her house, looking on from far; compelled   as though by some invisible thread to just to get glimpse of her.   She led a very  simple   life he saw , she  left in the morning with  the  child  dropped her to school , then  went to  work.  Came out picked her up and came back home. Sometimes spend some time out in the yard as she watched Shanti play and chatted with the neighbor.

But after that there was nothing, no social life, no visitors. She was truly on her own. He wondered how she took that step. He wondered what happened after the Sardakhi.  Normally that was the end for the girls as after that they were fair game to all the leeches out there.

Whatever it was, he was glad that she was no longer a part of that.  He was tempted on a number of occasions to go over and knock on her door again.  The only thing stopping him was her words.  Although Vickram wanted nothing more than a second chance with her, he also knew he did not want to cause her any more pain.  However, knowing she was here and not seeing her was also impossible for him.

Today she   he even saw her smile a bit no doubt she was happy about her "winning" that sweepstakes.  Vickram   was glad he was able to do something for her, and he hoped it all went smooth tomorrow and without her finding out the truth.

Looking at his watch, he saw it was getting late. He sighed she was not going to come out; it did not make sense sitting here.

\\\\***************************////

He drove up to his apartment   as he came out the car, Vickram noticed a shadow sitting on his door.

"Adi?" Vickram said as he walked toward him.  "Something wrong, son?" He asked wondering if something happened at the house that would bring him here at this hour.

"Hey Mamaji, no, no nothing is wrong. I just thought I'd just pass by..." he said

Vickram opened his door letting   them in.

"Uhh huh...Your grandmother sent you to check up on me didn't she?" Vickram said   knowingly.

"Ummm.." he said sheepishly.

Sighing Vickram walked   to the bar at the corner  of the room.  "Fix you a drink?" He asked  Pouring  two  shots  of whiskey  he handed  one to  Adi  as he  took a seat.

"What?" Vickram said.

Adi was his elder sister's son.  After his father left   her for a bedni, she moved back home with her baby boy in tow.  Although  Vickram  was  only  12  years older than Adi he took  on the  responsibility  of taking care  of him as best he could.  More so  when unable  to deal with the  pain and humiliation of  her husband leaving her, she  succumbed  to the pressure  and committed  suicide leaving behind   her  five year old  son, having lost both his parents at such a young age Vickram stepped into the role of father figure making sure that he wanted for nothing. Watching Adi   today though he was proud of him, he turned out all right.

"She is worried about you. She says you have been and I quote "restless" for the last few weeks.  And I  have to agree with her.  Is everything all right?  Is something bothering you." Adi asked concerned.

Vickram stared at Adi. "What are you talking about?" he asked.

"I don't now leaving the office unexpectedly, being lost all the time, wandering around after dinner...it's unlike you.."

"So what I can't go for a drive now?" Vickram asked a bit defensively.  He did not know his family was recording his actions!

"No...No Mamaji that is not what she means...if something is bothering you, you can talk about it.  We are just a little worried about you." He said.

"Adi...I am not a child. I did not know I had to report all my actions to you people!  How many times do I have to say I am fine?   Maa just likes to worry.  Nothing is bothering me." He said

"I am sorry Mamaji.  She did not mean anything.  And I  know you, you  like to deal with your problems yourself,  but I am  here and I think I am old enough to help you in any  way  I can  now. So if you want to talk I am here."  Adi said.

Vickram smiled. "Thank you, I appreciate that but really nothing is wrong."  That was true. His past made a roaring entrance back in his life, and he was trying to deal with that. He knew if they knew that Sugni was here they would not take too kindly to it.  It was not as if they approved of his relationship with her before.

Although Adi being away in collage was not around at the time to know what was going on, and when he did find out he was confused as to how his uncle could allow a girl, a bedni of all people to "ruin "his life.  He did not come out and say he did not approve of it, but he did say it was good that he was out of there and away for "them!'

Vickram finished off his drink, feeling the warmth of the alcohol as it slid down his throat.

"I just need a break from things once in a while and need to clear my head, is that so wrong?'  He asked as he got up to refill the glasses.

"No...It's not." Adi accepted the glass taking a sip of his drink. They sat in contemplative silence for a while. Adi looked deep in thought.

"Maybe I should ask, is something bothering you?" Vickram asked him.

"No it's just..."  Adi looked at Vickram as though he was going to say something then shook his head.  "Never mind. He sighed.

"Adi what is it?" Vickram said.

"Nothing...I don't want to upset you."

"You can never upset me ... go on what is it?'

"Well you remember what you told me, when  Amrita was going to marry  that guy  her parents choose for her...you  said  if you love  someone enough, you should have the will and the courage  to fight for them.."

"Yes...I remember." He said

"So how come you gave up...I mean I never understood it, but in the past  five years looking at you,  it obvious  that what you feel for her is very, very  deep. So why didn't you try after the divorce to make things right? Why didn't you fight?  You walked away and never looked back." He said looking   at his uncle.

"You're right. I left, not because I did not want to fight. God knows I tried I even went to his house to try and talk some sense into her again."  Vickram remembered Vijay Singh coming out and gloating in his face that he beat Vickram at his own game. He got what Vickram could not. Try as he might he could not contact her.

"She refused to see me, and Vijay made sure she did not.  I knew if I stayed there, I would end up crazy. Watching her destroy herself...then when Maa got sick I knew I had other responsibilities.   So to take care of her properly I moved concentrating on my duties as a son. I thought from time to time to go back see if things changed.  But I knew if I did that your grandmother would not handle it well and I did not want to risk her health again.." He said.

"Naani Maa is much stronger now...and I am here..." Adi said. Vickram looked at Adi.

"What are you saying?" 

"I am saying that you sacrificed a lot for us, you've always been here for us. Six years is a long time, things change, people change. If there is a chance, Mamaji, I think maybe you should go back and try to make things right. She might listen to you now.  It's better than pining away here, wondering about what could have been and what should have been. Maybe you should fight."

"Adi..." Vickram was speechless he was not expecting that.

"Mamaji all we want is for you to be happy, like you made us happy. And if she is that for you, you should not give up. As long as I have known you, you have always been one to get what you set your mind to. At least you should see if there is a possibility for you and if there is go for it."

"Wah beta, you really have grown up eh...giving me advice!"  Vickram said.

"Well I learned from the best!" He  laughed, then he said  soberly, " At least think about it. If love is true it will find a way right? And if your love is not true then nothing is. Anyways,"  Adi said as he stood up to leave. "Whatever you decide we will support you and if I know you, you would not give up without a fight!"

Vickram stared at the door after Adi had left.  He digested the fact that he had gotten advice from Adi. He chuckled. "Oh  Adi  if only  you  knew!" . He was right. He would not give up without a fight that was for sure! Especially  now that it  seemed  that he  had  been  given  another  chance.

Vickram went  upstairs  to his room, where he looked at the  pictures of Sugni, as he marveled at the  realization  that maybe this time around he had one less obstacle in his path. His family. That was a relief to him..."Oh Sugni...we are meant to be together aren't we?'...