..::Doubts & Discussions about Historical facts::.. - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by The.Patthaaka.

@jodah : hello.there is a section in ur post which speaks of hamida not being royal by blood. Which historian's work have u referred to in that para? 
I have read that she was known to the Mughal household because of her frequent visits to the banquets organised by the queens of Babur. so that makes me wonder,why would a commoner be invited to such exquisite banquets? 

interestingly,some believe that Hamida was more keen on marrying another of Babur's son named Hindal and not Humayun at first. Hindal as we know is Ruqaiya sultan begum's father.

She did want to marry Hindal. And Hindal her. They were closer in age too. That is why when Humayun proposed marriage to Hamida, she gave him a lot nakhras. And gave her consent only after 40 days of proper courting by Humayun. πŸ˜† 
Edited by ann2012 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by history_geek

thnx jodah.. 😊

yes...these lines were inscribed on the door of the agra palace.!!.

Great...so this means door to paradise...
Ok..i ll try to get the original lines...but rare chance...ll try..

let me guess, this inscription must be on the door of MUZ's  palace πŸ˜³
Edited by ann2012 - 10 years ago
Originally posted by ann2012

She did want to marry Hindal. And Hindal her. They were closer in age too. That is why when Humayun proposed marriage to Hamida, she gave him a lot nakhras. And gave her consent only after 40 days of proper courting by Humayun. πŸ˜† 

Hahaha. 40 days of courting eh? Wonder how many days of courting would it take for Jalal to woo Jo now in the show πŸ˜‰

let me guess, this inscription must be on the door of MUZ's palace😳

yes u r correct..
Will explain more later..

Hahaha. 40 days of courting eh? Wonder how many days of courting would it take for Jalal to woo Jo now in the show πŸ˜‰

6 months 15 days up till now and still counting πŸ˜†

6 months 15 days up till now and still counting πŸ˜†

hopefully we have enough numbers to count πŸ˜†

hopefully we have enough numbers to count πŸ˜†

given this a soap, i won't be suprised if we run out of numbers πŸ˜†

@jodah : hello.there is a section in ur post which speaks of hamida not being royal by blood. Which historian's work have u referred to in that para? 
I have read that she was known to the Mughal household because of her frequent visits to the banquets organised by the queens of Babur. so that makes me wonder,why would a commoner be invited to such exquisite banquets? 

interestingly,some believe that Hamida was more keen on marrying another of Babur's son named Hindal and not Humayun at first. Hindal as we know is Ruqaiya sultan begum's father.

Hameeda Banu is not a royal descended/royal blood  but her family is very close to Mughals specialy her father association with Hindal Mirza the youngest son of Mughal Emperor Babar.

Hameeda Banu is daughter of Shaikh Ali Akbar Jami, an Iranian Shi'ite Muslim also known as Mir Baba Dost is descended from the mystic/saint Shaikh Ahmad Jami of Torbat-e Jam in Khorasan. Hameeda's father is a friend & preceptar(military instructor) of Hindal Mirza.

The Humayun Nama: Gulbadan Begum's forgotten chronicle

Humayun's marriage to Hamida-banu Begum who was to become the mother of the Great Emperor Akbar, Gulbadan writes, "The Emperor came to see her Highness, my mother (when we were encamped at Bhakkar). Shah Husain Mirza's harem and all his people paid their respects to his Majesty at this meeting. When he saw Hamida-banu Begam, his Majesty asked: 'Who is this?' They said: 'The daughter of Mir Baba Dost.'

In those days Hamida-banu Begam was often in the Mirza's residence. Another day when his Majesty came to see her Highness my mother, he remarked: 'Mir Baba Dost is related to us. It is fitting that you should give me his daughter in marriage.' On another day he came to my mother, and said: 'Send someone to call Hamida-banu Begam here.' When my mother sent the message, Hamida-banu Begam did not come, but said: 'If it is to pay my respects, I was exalted by paying my respects the other day. Why should I come again?' Another time his Majesty sent Subhan Quli, and said: 'Go to Shah Husain Mirza and tell him to send the Begam.' The Mirza said: 'Whatever I may say, she will not go. Go yourself and tell her.' When Subhan Quli went and spoke, the Begam replied: 'To see kings once is lawful; a second time it is forbidden. I shall not come.' On this Subhan Quli went and represented what she had said. His Majesty remarked: 'If she is na mahram, we will make her mahram.'

To cut the story short: For forty days the Begam resisted and discussed and disagreed. At last her Highness my mother, Dildar Begam, advised her, saying: 'After all you will marry someone. Better than a king, who is there?' And finally the Begum consented. His Majesty took the astrolabe into his own blessed hand and, having chosen a propitious hour, summoned Mir Abu'l-baqa and ordered him to make fast the marriage bond."

Edited by jodah - 10 years ago
I was wondering how many historical items have been lost forever to historians. One can only imagine what historical treasures were looted from Akbar's tomb when the Jats attacked, or what did Nadir Shah plunder, or how many historical books and artifacts were destroyed in the revolt of 1857.
I am willing to bet that 90% of historical records and artifacts have been destroyed in the turbulent history of India.
Had those records still been in existence what a more detailed picture of Akbar and Marium Zamani's life it would have portrayed.
One can only wonder.
Thanks jodah. This makes it more clear. Ann was telling me about the 40 days thing some time back. This piece explains it beautifully.