Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Major wars fought during Akbar's reign :
Battle of Haldighatti( 18th/21st June 1576)

Maharana Pratap of Mewar fought against Mughal forces led by Akbar. MP's valour is praised here,but the Mughal army outnumbered the Mewar army by huge numbers. The mughals had a decisive victory.The famous story of MP's horse Chetak comes into picture here.

Battle for Delhi (7 October 1556)
King 'Hem Chandra Vikramaditya' defeated Akbar's forces in Delhi.

Battle of Panipat (5-November-1556)
Hem Chandra Vikramaditya (Hemu) was defeated by Mughals under Akbar.

Edited by The.Patthaaka. - 10 years ago
Donjas thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Akbar did not lead mughal forces in the battle of Haldighati. The commander was Man Singh.The difference in numbers of the two armies were not big.
In facts most of  Akbar and mughal victories in the early era of the mughals were against numerically superior enemies.
The advantages that the Mughals had over the others were-
1. Superior artillery
2. Better trained soldiers so that they fought in a more coordinated fashion than the enemy
3. Horse archers, the elite of the mughal army, the scourge of every enemy since the time of the mongols

Battle of Delhi cannot be considered an important battle since it decided nothing. The battle of Panipat was fought just one month later.
history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
Hi friends,

Posted something related to historical veracity of ongoing Benazir Track...
Check this link...

Benazir Track - Final Update - Part-2
Read  😳  on.

Did Jodha drank poison actually in history..?? Infer...
Link::
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/100533127
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ann2012

She did want to marry Hindal. And Hindal her. They were closer in age too. That is why when Humayun proposed marriage to Hamida, she gave him a lot nakhras. And gave her consent only after 40 days of proper courting by Humayun. 😆 

Yes she seemed to be a lot like serial Jodha! 😆
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: ann2012

thanks for the details dear 👍🏼

Tabhi saas-bahu ki itti jamti hain. They both gave their husbands a hard time. 😉

TOO TRUE! 🤣
ann2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Yes she seemed to be a lot like serial Jodha! 😆

Both had ghrina for their husbands initially and had guts to oppose the king's demands. Also, both seemed to like the younger brother more 😆
jodah thumbnail

Originally posted by: history_geek

^
@jodah

So nicely put.
As far your question is concerned, those who don't read accounts and ''generalise'' everything, have this dilemma. BTW, i DON'T have this doubt. 😊

Agree here with you.

whether if people have doubts or questions you are there to clear them with real history facts 👏 thanks abhay 😊
jodah thumbnail

Originally posted by: history_geek

Hi friends,

Posted something related to historical veracity of ongoing Benazir Track...
Check this link...

Benazir Track - Final Update - Part-2
Read  😳  on.

Did Jodha drank poison actually in history..?? Infer...
Link::
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/100533127

wow  now thats really intresting thanks abhay for the link i will sure check it 😊
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
thanks sharing that bit Abhay. Its interesting to know that this wasn't inculded in teh AkbarNama.
You know its good that the makers are digging deep to show us unknown stories about Akbar. But the thing is I feel they should prioritize which stories must be shown and which shouldn't.
The Benazir track was disliked unanimously. There is so much content available on Akbar,why don't they focus on stories which is known to everyone at first? and then put unknown stories as filler tracks. Instead of telecasting such stories as mainstream and filling in important ones here and there. 

Its more sensible I think. What do you think?

So far we've had repetitive pregnancy and miscarriage tracks.People are going to think Akbar became great just by sitting in Agra and handling the harem 

How many actual events have been covered in the show so far?

The marriage to Jodha,Ruqaiya's miscarriage(s),Bairam's departure,child marriage ban..all these things did happen. What about the others things they've shown? Its the same thing shown over and over again 
history_geek thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5

Originally posted by: The.Patthaaka.

thanks sharing that bit Abhay. Its interesting to know that this wasn't inculded in the AkbarNama.

You know its good that the makers are digging deep to show us unknown stories about Akbar. But the thing is I feel they should prioritize which stories must be shown and which shouldn't.
The Benazir track was disliked unanimously. There is so much content available on Akbar,why don't they focus on stories which is known to everyone at first? and then put unknown stories as filler tracks. Instead of telecasting such stories as mainstream and filling in important ones here and there. 

Its more sensible I think. What do you think?
So far we've had repetitive pregnancy and miscarriage tracks.People are going to think Akbar became great just by sitting in Agra and handling the harem 
How many actual events have been covered in the show so far?

The marriage to Jodha,Ruqaiya's miscarriage(s),Bairam's departure,child marriage ban..all these things did happen. What about the others things they've shown? Its the same thing shown over and over again 

Welcome disha.😊
Not only Vishkanya track. But many other future tracks have not found their place in Akbarnama. Afterall, entire history of any king cannot be recorded in a book only.

The tracks you mentioned are historical.
BTW, i remember when i posted that Ruqs Miscarriage incident. Before that time also, forum was replete with posts, that all this is being done for TRPs only.😕
And, only after seeing all this 'hahakar' i thought of posting that piece of Ruqs miscarriage. Though, i also could not connect everything.
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/post/95903050

If some event happened then they have to show it. Why the forum thinks every incident is hatched to suit TRP's...😆. I agree, that method of execution needs improvement and they spice it as well.. But why the eternal dilemma that, its fake and fake only...🥱...!...Core events are true..

Plz see this piece, if you have missed. Its regarding the lectures of how  16th century Jodha used to lecturify Akbar in reality also..😊...
https://www.indiaforums.com/forum/topic/3848936?pn=31

Few of her lectures are so famous, that they will come as separate tracks in the show. We will update before they will come..

BTW, As you also said, i also feel nice seeing how much they have researched, but at the same time i also want the CV's to mend their ways, and improve the execution...!...

Also, regarding Miscarriages, i do not know complete details till now. But, MA was involved in these MC's. Abul Fazl has written about her in short..😕
Now, coming to Akbar, i feel in coming episodes we will see his wars also. I am eagerly waiting for it...😊...Now, MA, Adham and Atga are going to 'heaven' soon. Then, i feel story will move forward. Also now, Hakim, Abul Mali, Sharifuddin, etc. are in picture.. We have interesting times ahead.

Also, if we go by Akbarnama, till now, Akbar had fought 1 MAJOR battle personally,after marriage to Harka,  that was Battle of Paronkh, which they have shown. And, as the story moves further they will show more. In reality also, Akbar sent his generals to Chanderi and Kabul, etc.
Lets wait...😊.
Edited by history_geek - 10 years ago