Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 10 years ago
Tansen πŸ˜† I had high hopes from that track. But the peacock dance was just πŸ€ͺApparently Tansen was a bit head strong anyway. So,that sleeping in the darbar must have actually happened πŸ˜†
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: The.Patthaaka.

Tansen πŸ˜† I had high hopes from that track. But the peacock dance was just πŸ€ͺApparently Tansen was a bit head strong anyway. So,that sleeping in the darbar must have actually happened πŸ˜†

Then God knows what Birbal will do πŸ˜†

I didn't like the Birbal they chose in the movie JA (deleted scenes) I found him stiff & mechanical but the more I watch the more I liked him!

They HAVE to choose a very nice Birbal, it is TOO important a character for Kekta to mess with!! πŸ˜‘

Kekta uses all her brains in casting the main leads & forgets that an excellent show is made up of an ensemble cast too. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†
ann2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: Mallika-E-Bhais

Then God knows what Birbal will do πŸ˜†

I didn't like the Birbal they chose in the movie JA (deleted scenes) I found him stiff & mechanical but the more I watch the more I liked him!

They HAVE to choose a very nice Birbal, it is TOO important a character for Kekta to mess with!! πŸ˜‘

Kekta uses all her brains in casting the main leads & forgets that an excellent show is made up of an ensemble cast too. πŸ˜†πŸ˜†

Even I pray they chose a good actor for enacting Birbal. The recent cameo actors, whether it was MH, Benz or Tansen, were all sub-par if compared to the lead cast. 

Lagta hai she has lost her patience for conducting proper auditions after sorting through 7000 girls to find her perfect Jodha πŸ˜†
ann2012 thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
Does anybody know why MUZ/Harka bai/Heer kunwari was called Jodha bai? Basically, how this misnomer originated??

Some say it was the confusion between her and the Jagat Gosain ,princess of Jodhpur  who was called Jodh/Jodha bai because she came from Jodhpur. But Jodhpur was called Marwar in the 16th century, so how did this Jodha fiasco originate in the first place? πŸ˜•

Edited by ann2012 - 10 years ago
luna24 thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Just something i found about jodhaas peehar..

Earlier to the Kachwahas, Amer was a small place built by [Meenas] in the town they consecrated to Amba, the Mother Goddess, whom they knew as 'Gatta Rani' or 'Queen of the Pass'.[6] The Amer Fort, as it stands now, was built over the remnants of this earlier structure during the reign of Raja Man Singh, the Kacchwaha King of Amber.[6][13] The structure was fully expanded by his descendant, Jai Singh I. Even later, Amer Fort underwent improvements and additions by successive rulers over the next 150 years, until the Kachwahas shifted their capital to Jaipur during the time of Sawai Jai Singh II, in 1727.
Mallika-E-Bhais thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
This is lovely, TFS.

I've visited the Amer fort, and all palaces & forts hav such energy! They literally transport you back to that era!!

Now I understand why all these people had such great & epic romances! Their atmosphere contributed to the grandness of their emotions, MOST EFFECTIVELY! πŸ‘
IshaAkbar thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Thank you for this post.
I have question
how many kids did jalaludin muhammad akbar had. And where they all from his wife now known as jodha?
.FemmeFatale. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: IshaAkbar

Thank you for this post.
I have question
how many kids did jalaludin muhammad akbar had. And where they all from his wife now known as jodha?

No,they were not all from Jodha. He had kids from other wives as well. His successor,Jahangir/Salim was Jodha's son :) 
jodah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: ann2012

Does anybody know why MUZ/Harka bai/Heer kunwari was called Jodha bai? Basically, how this misnomer originated??

Some say it was the confusion between her and the Jagat Gosain ,princess of Jodhpur  who was called Jodh/Jodha bai because she came from Jodhpur. But Jodhpur was called Marwar in the 16th century, so how did this Jodha fiasco originate in the first place? πŸ˜•

it is said that the concept of Jodha Bai being Akbar's wife never emerged until 19th century till
James Tod's in  nineteenth century wrote a book Annals and Antiquities of Rajasthan in page 965 of his book (Volume II) in which first time Jodha Bai of Jodpur is called Akbars wife.
& Jamea Tod is blammed as a amateur historian who messed up the name of
Harka Bai/Hira Kuwari of Ameer with
Jodha Bai /Jagat Gosain/Manavati Baiji Lal later Taj Bibi Bilkhis Makhani

same book edition in 1920 edited by William Crooke quoting "Ain-i-Akbari" I (Page 619) explaining that although there has been controversies about Jodha Bai, it is evident that she was wife of Jahangir and not Akbar. This fact again has been supported by the writer himself where he refers Jodha Bai as the daughter of Raja Udai Singh of Jodhpur. Now, the Rajput princess who married Akbar in 1562 in Sambhar, Rajasthan was not the daughter of Raja Udai Singh of Jodhpur but Raja Bharmal of Amer. Jodha Bai was wife of Jahangir and mother of Shah Jahan whereas Hira Kunwari was wife of Akbar and mother of Jahangir. In the footnotes the editor mentions  "Jodha Bai is a title, meaning Jodhpur lady'. There were some doubts about her identity, but she was certainly daughter of Udai Singh and wife of Jahangir.

all documentary history of the Great Akbar's era in the form of
Tabqat-i-Akbari, Mutakhabutawarikh, Akbar Namma and Ain-i-Akbari  no where mentions Jodha Bai as Akbar's wife.

& still debate,discussion, protests are going on the name.

My POV
 i am too πŸ˜•
have Tod is that amateur to messup the names πŸ˜•
& as you said Jodpur never existed that time it was called Marwar so why they called her ''Lady of Jodpur '' πŸ˜•
 is there any valid document that clearly state jodha bai as jahangir wife πŸ˜•
jodah thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
@The.Patthaaka ... disha its you 😳 & i was happy thinking we got a new coolbie who is very  active in forum πŸ˜³ πŸ˜†