Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

..Antisocial.. thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by: Vinzy

Everybody suffer double standards...for eg: When you are angry, you always justify your anger, but when someone else gets angry you always criticize...

Whatsoever you do is good or even if it was not good, it was "necessary to do." You always find some rationalization for it...

My Question was   Why  people give  Mother  more importance in A child's life    When  Father  Equally does   efforts for Child  
BarbieGurl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
OK here r the reasons...

1. Coz woman carry the baby for 9 months then push them out after a very painful process...And no its not wonderful or joyfull at all...woman has to go through it coz theres no other way to make babies...Had there been an option of making men pregnant or through artifical process I can bet most woman would happily swap the role.

2. Try putting up with a crying bundle sucking on your tits for 6 months...trust me its not a very good exp...again woman go through it coz they dont hav a choice...its biology n they hav to live with it.

3. Most mothers hav to go through sleepless nights n toddler tantrums while the menfolks twiddle their thumbs...I agree nowdays more men help in taking care of the baby but mostly still consider it a womans job...

4. Raising a child requires extream level of patience...try pacifing a 2 year old...I hardly see men doing tht...

The only contribution which men provide is tht of the sperm donor and economic caregiver...in household where there's a working mother even tht contribution is redundent.
I dont mean to say tht fathers dont deserve respect but considering the amount of contribution in overall child rearing women def have an upperhand...Edited by BarbieGurl - 10 years ago
BarbieGurl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Originally posted by: maha2us

Reeha, There are good reasons why the society had been patriarchal. No doubt through centuries,we know that the women lived a subdued life and their freedom had been restricted. Why is it so? A woman has to accept to be restricted when she chooses to accept she needs her husband to protect her and provide her all the comforts. One more point to be noted is even the man's family is given the responsibility to protect the woman. Anyone having responsibility needs authority also. If a woman squanders the man's money, still man has to provide for her. but if the man does the same, he himself is responsible and he can't question the woman. For his protection also, he is responsible. This is probably the main reason why a man was given the authority to hold on to the woman's belongings after marriage in the patriarchal society. After all he is responsible for taking care of her children, even if she strays. Again a reason why he expects the woman to be faithful to him.

An interesting point: If a woman accepts her man is her protector and provider, she has very well accepted he is her God. Isn't it how the husband became God for a wife?

this was relevent in middle ages wen woman used to stay at home n had no work except popping out babies...men were required for protection from wild animals and wars.
Thankfully its not middle age anymore...

Role of woman has changed...now they r equal contributor in society n household hence this mera pati devta theory is redundent.Come into the 21st century.
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: ..Antisocial..

My Question was   Why  people give  Mother  more importance in A child's life    When  Father  Equally does   efforts for Child  

Mothers love is unconditional, You will never find such a deep involvement,... in fact, there is none as it is between a child and the mother... Not even between the husband and the wife, the lover and the beloved ...the involvement is not so deep as it is between the mother and the child...because the child has lived in you for nine months as you... nobody else can live in you for nine months as you...And the child will become a separate individual sooner or later, but somewhere deep down in the unconscious the mother and the child remain linked...😊

I believe,Motherhood is a blessing.😊

Originally posted by: maha2us

Reeha, There are good reasons why the society had been patriarchal. No doubt through centuries,we know that the women lived a subdued life and their freedom had been restricted. Why is it so? A woman has to accept to be restricted when she chooses to accept she needs her husband to protect her and provide her all the comforts. One more point to be noted is even the man's family is given the responsibility to protect the woman. Anyone having responsibility needs authority also. If a woman squanders the man's money, still man has to provide for her. but if the man does the same, he himself is responsible and he can't question the woman. For his protection also, he is responsible. This is probably the main reason why a man was given the authority to hold on to the woman's belongings after marriage in the patriarchal society. After all he is responsible for taking care of her children, even if she strays. Again a reason why he expects the woman to be faithful to him.

An interesting point: If a woman accepts her man is her protector and provider, she has very well accepted he is her God. Isn't it how the husband became God for a wife?  

What do you have to say about how man  used that authority?
Would you say that man has been able to fulfil that responsibility?
If man thinks that he is his woman's God and responsible as provider and protector why does he demand dowry?
How responsible is that?
Originally posted by: ..Antisocial..

Where did you see the equality in efforts? 😕
..Antisocial.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: BarbieGurl

OK here r the reasons...

1. Coz woman carry the baby for 9 months then push them out after a very painful process...And no its not wonderful or joyfull at all...woman has to go through it coz theres no other way to make babies...Had there been an option of making men pregnant or through artifical process I can bet most woman would happily swap the role.

If  the Mother does it so father also   does his part with loyalty by   earning and giving food to mother Which reaches to  the Baby  ,   Just cause  Mother have  to birth child   which a painful process  ,this   does not make father's   hard work  and care  for baby  any less  

He   cant give birth it's not his choice  , if he can he will do  willingly  .

2. Try putting up with a crying bundle sucking on your tits for 6 months...trust me its not a very good exp...again woman go through it coz they dont hav a choice...its biology n they hav to live with it.
So  ?  Father also  handle   cranky  mother's   and provide them  food  , care , protection everything ...Why are not counting  that  ? Taking care of a  cranky  adult is more hard compare to  a toddler  
3. Most mothers hav to go through sleepless nights n toddler tantrums while the menfolks twiddle their thumbs...I agree nowdays more men help in taking care of the baby but mostly still consider it a womans job...

4. Raising a child requires extream level of patience...try pacifing a 2 year old...I hardly see men doing tht...

Tacking care of a  Cranky mother is more harder  ...Men do it very patiently .

The only contribution which men provide is tht of the sperm donor and economic caregiver...in household where there's a working mother even tht contribution is redundent.
I dont mean to say tht fathers dont deserve respect but considering the amount of contribution in overall child rearing women def have an upperhand...

Disagree  ,  Mother don't do works  and earning when they are in this condition , they just take rest , That time only father  take care of  mother and  child in her  womb and earn hard   , provide them food   ...Again  Father does   work without taking rest 
..Antisocial.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: Vinzy

Mothers love is unconditional, You will never find such a deep involvement,... in fact, there is none as it is between a child and the mother... Not even between the husband and the wife, the lover and the beloved ...the involvement is not so deep as it is between the mother and the child...because the child has lived in you for nine months as you... nobody else can live in you for nine months as you...And the child will become a separate individual sooner or later, but somewhere deep down in the unconscious the mother and the child remain linked...😊

I believe,Motherhood is a blessing.😊

Just cause   Father dont carry  child in their  tummy   Does not mean  their love is not Deep ...Mother can express  emotions   , Father don't  ,   Mother can cry , Father dont cause in our society if a man cry   People   taunt  them  and  make fun of their  ...So men keep all their pain in Heart  .

Father dont show  does not mean their love is not deep 
Edited by ..Antisocial.. - 10 years ago
..Antisocial.. thumbnail
Originally posted by: peridot.

Where did you see the equality in efforts? 😕

Father provide food  , take care of a  cranky mother  ...Helping a   totally helpless ,dependent creature   is not Easy   And i see  Equality  here  ðŸ˜Š
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I see some extremely incorrect, biased and somewhat misogynist statements being made in this thread.

Pregnant women are being repeatedly referred to as "cranky woman" and being compared to tantrum throwing toddlers. Some women do suffer hormonal changes that make their moods swing and become irritable. However, it is a myth that all pregnant women are moody, irritable or demanding. Secondly even when pregnant women are hormonal, they do maintain their composure as adults. It is one thing for a male friends and relatives to make good natured humorous jabs about a woman's hormonal changes, but it is extremely disrespectful to pregnant women to classify them as cranky and compare them to immature toddlers.

Secondly, I see several statements stating that pregnant women don't work or are incapable of being self-sufficient. There is also an outrageous statement referring to pregnant women as "helpless dependent creature" as if she's some injured animal someone is doing a favor by taking care off. Pregnant women come from all different backgrounds. Some do have the luxury to rest and relax while the family looks after them. Many pregnant women actually work, exercise, do household chores and live a normal lifestyle right until they go into labor. Most pregnant women actually do take care of themselves and their baby on their own. One the rare occasion women do have difficult pregnancies where they are somewhat helpless, bedridden and need to be taken care off.

Also I want to point out that whether out of health reasons or by choice, when pregnant women stay at home a husband is rarely left with the brunt of taking care of everything, especially in Indian culture. Traditionally in most Indian families the woman either goes to her maternal home or has her mother visit. Women in the family or neighborhood will always help with pregnancies. Even in modern times a female relative or friend helps out with pregnancy. Most women do have maternity benefits or insurance through work or on their own that pays for the bills. There are several single moms who do everything on their own without the father in the picture.

Paternity is valuable. Fathers do share loving bonds with their wife and kids, that can go underappreciated. However, demeaning and disparaging women as being cranky helpless dependent creatures to make a case for the father's role is just fundamentally wrong on many levels.