Man suffer double standard - Page 4

Posted: 10 years ago
Originally posted by BarbieGurl

wat do u mean by second position ??
in a normal family ppl dont hav ranking contest abt who is the greatest.
Father n mother both take care of the child n usually no one says...father is more loving or mom is more loving So i dont get ur question.

obviously  ranking is there  , Read Vinzy's comment  ...Court give more importance to mother   , All   laws  are in mother's favour  ...Society give importance to mother  , That's different  thing   if you dont wanna Admit it  ...But Truth is Truth  
Originally posted by .chiquita.

Maybe because people thinks that a mother has a tougher life. After marriage, a woman changes her name, changes her home, leaves her family, gets pregnant. Pregnancy destroys a woman body, long term effect on her health could happen due to the epidural inject, she gets fat, almost gives up in the delivery room due to the extreme amount of pain she is going through. And then the kids she delivers bear his name ðŸ˜› And if the woman is a working mom, then she have to multitask between home and work.
Woman change her name and Man  Shares his room , He changes  all his setup too  for that  girl   but we only look  What woman sacrificed  ...Do you think It's easy for any Family to accept A new Member in their Daily life  ? If woman Sacrifices   So man too  Sacrifice their privacy   And accepts to live And Share things  ...They also do have their  fears  Regarding a new person who is coming in their life  That she Will accept them  or Their life style or not 

I personally think that both are important not just the mother. A father sacrifice his love for wife and children by working late at nights. He build their future by taking loans from bank and then repaying them for the lifetime. He sacrifices full youth for his wife and children without any complain. He struggles a lot but still have to listen to scolding of mother, wife and his boss... 

Love that line , So True  ðŸ˜† 
Originally posted by ..Antisocial..

I am  not demeaning  , You said it is not easy  to give birth a child so i  counted all  weakness which  woman suffer in pregnancy ,You are not Giving  any solid  point  , You are just  Attacking  and using  wrong words and showing your unpleasantness .

It's better  you give solid points in favour of moms  rather than finding  faults in me and my  words  or you don't have any points  So you are trying to divert topic   ðŸ¤”

A woman may or may not have many challenges and weaknesses during pregnancy. That doesn't make a man's contribution comparable to childbirth. Statements like "cranky woman" and "helpless demeaning creature" are misogynist and derogatory. Your entire argument is based on biases and logic that doesn't follow. So yes, naturally, I am attacking your line of reasoning.

A mother and father have two completely different experiences in terms of parenthood. I don't believe that one is better than the other, nor do I think the experiences are comparable to another. Each has their own place, and I don't see the point in comparison or trying to one up another. So obviously, I'm not going to make any points in favor of a mom. But you can go ahead and enjoy putting down women and their child bearing as much as you want.

Originally posted by return_to_hades

A woman may or may not have many challenges and weaknesses during pregnancy. That doesn't make a man's contribution comparable to childbirth. Statements like "cranky woman" and "helpless demeaning creature" are misogynist and derogatory. Your entire argument is based on biases and logic that doesn't follow. So yes, naturally, I am attacking your line of reasoning.

I dont know Why you are So angry with me ...Just cause I compared  Father hard work with Mother's   pregnancy  , You offended  ...I am not biased  , I am seeing   this thing from a Father point of view   , Th e way you are seeing it from mother pov ...You don't  wanna give any   Reasoning from mother side , May be your reasoning will change my perspective  ...I just touched that  child birth point   and you acted so rude . 

A mother and father have two completely different experiences in terms of parenthood. I  don't believe that one is better than the other, nor do I think the experiences are comparable to another. Each has their own place, and I don't see the point in comparison or trying to one up another. So obviously, I'm not going to make any points in favor of a mom. But you can go ahead and enjoy putting down women and their child bearing as much as you want.

But  in First   pera you  Compared and put Mother on Higher rank  , That mean you  also compared and think  Mother   suffers  more ...My point is clear , Why so much doble   standard when both suffers equally      If  parents suffer    Miscarriage   ,All people show sympathy with Mother  only  , nobody think About Father , they show very less sympathy  to father ...There too people ignore  father's grief    , They think  only mother  suffers  pain  and father don't , Where Father equally felt pain Cause it's his lost too  

Just cause child was in mother's womb that does not mean  her pain is deeper Than Father    Mother pain is physical   and she can show  , people think she  is suffering more   , Where in reality   father suffers equally    here too  ,even more cause he cant show he have to take care mother's grief  , So  he suppressed his pain inside    

Edited by ..Antisocial.. - 10 years ago
First of Antisocial (btw..your name suites you well considering LOL): From what I can see RTH is not simply responding to your "retorts" but another member here as well. Second, You cannot compare two VERY different facets. Bearing a Child is COMPLETELY different from IMPREGINATING the woman that carries the child. Both are PART of the reason how a child is concived, DOES NOT mean they are the same. 

If you're trying to say that society gives more merit to the role of a mother then a father, I'd say that's true: BUT THAT IS A PRODUCT OF PATRIARCHY. If you're so upset about why pregnant ladies get attention etc, take it up with whoever came up with the notion generations ago ðŸ˜†.

In all honesty: Double standard or not please do not compare the years of systematic, institutionalized, and cultural suppression women have faced for YEARS/CENTURIES and in many parts of the world STILL ARE, and even in the jurisdictions where the first and second wave of feminism have happened STILL go through the abhorrent social stigma of sexism and misogynistic views with smaller, isolated, and patriarchal double standards that men face. VERY DIFFERENT SOCIAL PARADIGMS. 
Edited by reeha...k - 10 years ago
RTH is saying not all Women   Suffers those  Problems  ...If they Don't Suffers     then why give and Treat them like They are so Fragile souls  

Please  THAT IS  not PRODUCT OF PATRIARCHY ,  This is a product of  Women activist , Otherwise  in Old time people used to give  more importance to  Father cause he  is protector  ...All laws were in favour of Father  those old times  .

And This is not Man  fault if they can't  keep babies in 9 Months . And  i Dont know  what is so ridiculous if  I compared it with  9 months pain  

Father to  feel  so uneasy and tensed   in those 9 months  to see their wife in pain  , They too feel worried for unborn child safety ...So why cant i compare .😕  

RTH is saying not all Women   Suffers those  Problems  ...If they Don't Suffers     then why give and Treat them like They are so Fragile souls  BECAUSE THAT IS A PRODUCT OF PATRIARCHY AND SOCIAL STRUCTURES. Women have ALWAYS historically been  seen as "weak" and "needing protection" the "fairer" of the two generations. IT IS A MISCONCEPTION PERPETUATED BY SOCIETY. There are ISSUES that MANY women face that are physical in nature during pregnancy and THAT is a product of nature alone. 

Please  THAT IS  not PRODUCT OF PATRIARCHY ,  This is a product of  Women activist , Otherwise  in Old time people used to give  more importance to  Father cause he  is protector  ...All laws were in favour of Father  those old times  .1. Which Laws are you speaking of? There are about a 196 states, and your topic was broad to begin with, so if you're going to narrow it down, please be specific as to which state you're referring to. 2. Well duh. Older laws- in many states- where prior to first and second wave feminism. Are you bitter that women can vote now? Should we change that too? LOLOLOL. Also the old laws you're reffering to are usually that way because women weren't seen as PEOPLE but as PROPERTY and the children they gave birth to  were ALSO seen as PROPERTY of the husband. I'm so sorry that humanizing women and giving them a social identity beyond that of merchandise that can be bartered  is such an inconvenience. ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†

And This is not Man  fault if they can't  keep babies in 9 Months . And  i Dont know  what is so ridiculous if  I compared it with  9 months pain  OK Now you're just contradicting yourself. You've stated yourself that man can't gestate, then why are you comparing them as if they can? You can't compare two different things and attempt to quantify them the same way ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜† You need to take a basic stats 101 class, they show the basic quantification criteria in order to corroborate and substantiate theories and data. 

Father to  feel  so uneasy and tensed   in those 9 months  to see their wife in pain  , They too feel worried for unborn child safety ...So why cant i compare 😕 
Jeesus. LOL I'm saying you can't compare TWO EMPIRICALLY Different things as being the SAME. That's like me comparing me WITNESSING my brother's hand being broken to being the SAME as my brother's pain WHEN his hand is broken: Emotionally you feel solidarity. You will have empathy- BUT YOU DO NOT SHARE THE SAME PHYSICAL AND PSYCHOLOGICAL IMPACT. Again: Can a man suffer from Post Partum, depression? Braxton Hicks? There are certain things you can't quantify as the SAME. They just aren't. Don't compare "Tension and uneasy" With so many physical and mental attributes that aren't the same. Google up this if you don't believe it. Read a pregnancy book. Look at documentaries of the blood, pain and mental anguish some women go through and tell me if you'd QUANTIFY their partners/ spouses physical and mental reaction ON PAR with the mothers? You can't. If you can, show me. Substantiate your claim that the two are equal. You're trying to say that they are equal in nature and equal in emotion: I'm telling you they ARE NOT equal in nature, however emotionally they can be on par. What part of that is so difficult? .😆  
Edited by reeha...k - 10 years ago

RTH is saying not all Women   Suffers those  Problems  ...If they Don't Suffers     then why give and Treat them like They are so Fragile souls 

Pregnancy and childbirth is a very stressful, difficult and painful process. That is why motherhood is something special and society acknowledges that bond. However, pregnancy being difficult does not make women a fragile soul. There is a difference between admiring/acknowledging someone and pitying them or treating them as helpless creatures. Mothers are far from fragile souls and anyone who treats women like that is mistaken.

Please  THAT IS  not PRODUCT OF PATRIARCHY ,  This is a product of  Women activist , Otherwise  in Old time people used to give  more importance to  Father cause he  is protector  ...All laws were in favour of Father  those old times  .

Actually women being treated as fragile, helpless creatures is a result of patriarchy. In patriarchal society men dominate and women are considered weaker and in need of protection.

It is incorrect to assume that ancient times gave more importance to father. Historic India has an interesting conflicting dichotomous view of women. Culturally and traditionally, the mother has always been revered. The mother Goddess is looked up to more as a nourisher and as someone who can be full of wrath. Yet, as a result of patriarchal society laws did favor men in many aspects. 

You are confusing some issues here as well. The preferential treatment given to motherhood is a result of a woman's role in propagating the race. Women's equality rights are the result of female activists. I'll admit in some instances men do get shortchanged. However, to simply call it a double standard without understanding the framework of patriarchy and the necesscity for stronger women's right is unfair.

And This is not Man  fault if they can't  keep babies in 9 Months . And  i Dont know  what is so ridiculous if  I compared it with  9 months pain  

Father to  feel  so uneasy and tensed   in those 9 months  to see their wife in pain  , They too feel worried for unborn child safety ...So why cant i compare .😕

That is because you are comparing two very disparate things. Motherhood and fatherhood are two completely different experiences physiologically and psychologically. We can assess the importance of each without comparing them to each other or trying to tear the other down. 
Updated
Edited by Aya. - 10 years ago
Originally posted by reeha...k

Edited by ..Antisocial.. - 10 years ago