Old Movies FC - Page 46

Posted: 9 years ago
You're right. And not just that, even we start feeling ashamed that we were ever fans of such people. Guess this is why the wise men coined the adage Ignorance is Bliss πŸ€”
Yeah I've also heard this type of BS talked by old actors...I remember an interview in which even Raj Kapoor sahab was talking bad about actresses like wth? Even the media thought like this...

and the shameful thing is that this thinking still exists
Originally posted by zephyr29

You're right. And not just that, even we start feeling ashamed that we were ever fans of such people. Guess this is why the wise men coined the adage Ignorance is Bliss πŸ€”

Yes.

I have often felt ashamed of being fan of certain artistes or liking their work.

In many ways ignorance is indeed bliss. 

Just see veteran singer Yesudas barking about women today!😑 That they should not provoke men to do unnecessary things by wearing jeans! 

Raj Kapoor was impossible pervert obsessed with breasts. Even ended up asking Khushwant Singh about his niece's body, asking him "how was she" pointing towards her...🀬

Khushwant Singh was a pervert himself but was shocked at this question and gently told him it was his niece and they couldn't discuss her "like this". Only then Raj Kapoor took his eyes off her and turned sober.

This piece was narrated by Khushwant Singh himself! 

By God it turned me away from his films forever! 
Originally posted by atominis

Yes.

I have often felt ashamed of being fan of certain artistes or liking their work.

In many ways ignorance is indeed bliss. 

Just see veteran singer Yesudas barking about women today!😑 That they should not provoke men to do unnecessary things by wearing jeans! 

Raj Kapoor was impossible pervert obsessed with breasts. Even ended up asking Khushwant Singh about his niece's body, asking him "how was she" pointing towards her...🀬

Khushwant Singh was a pervert himself but was shocked at this question and gently told him it was his niece and they couldn't discuss her "like this". Only then Raj Kapoor took his eyes off her and turned sober.

This piece was narrated by Khushwant Singh himself! 

By God it turned me away from his films forever! 

Oh man, don't even remind me of Yesudas πŸ˜΅! Again someone for whom I had the greatest amount of respect given his views on religious tolerance and his songs but yesterday all that flew out the window. Seriously, I still cannot believe he said that πŸ˜³

For all the legendary status given to Raj Kapoor as the Great Showman of India and whatnot, I absolutely do not hold him in any regard and find it hard to watch his movies especially the way women are depicted in them. It's absolutely sickening. Had watched the movie Barsaat (1947) which was his 1st RK production and found all the so-called "romantic scenes" of Raj Kapoor manhandling Nargis highly reprehensible πŸ‘ŽπŸΌ

OMG That's really shocking about Kushwant Singh πŸ˜²! Damn!
Originally posted by kmh2thebest

Yeah I've also heard this type of BS talked by old actors...I remember an interview in which even Raj Kapoor sahab was talking bad about actresses like wth? Even the media thought like this...

and the shameful thing is that this thinking still exists

You know till the day before I thought that such thoughts are much less today but after listening to what Yesudas said yesterday I whole-heartedly agree with you that even now such thinking exists πŸ˜’
I just looked at some songs from the movie Ghar (1978) and my gosh Rekha ji is simply BEAUTIFUL!!!! And I just couldn't stop looking (staring) and Vinod Mehra, omg he has the cutest smile ever...like EVER..
...Now I really think I 'm born in the wrong eraπŸ€”
Edited by kmh2thebest - 9 years ago
You should watch her in Solva Sawan and Rampur ka Laxman. Rekha is not naturally beautiful. She apparently had massive makeover to look the way she did later. 
Agree on Vinod Mehra. A very disarming and childlike smile. Too bad he made it only as a supporting actor.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xeytkcOUKgc

Look what I found oh lookkk!!!!!πŸ€ͺ
REKHA JI AND VINOD KHANNA SAHAB IN PAKISTAN!!!!!!!!
And I recognize Abeida Parveen ji and Arif Lohar but not the last guyπŸ€”
Edited by kmh2thebest - 9 years ago