im so curious abt the story
you have left so many questions in my head update asap

Thankss
-Elysian- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: pari-kirloskar

hey sounds good...

now i m really curious about the story......!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

thanks
-Elysian- thumbnail
~Prologue~

10 years ago

"Are you going to stop being my friend?" I could almost taste the salty tears that shed from my eyes. I saw a smile, it was blurry but noticeable.

She came close to me and took my hands into hers and said "Of course not Scarlett. Always remember, friends share secrets and that's what keeps us close."

Strange how the wind blew so hard as if it was on queue; waiting for her to say those words.

We stood their in silence; her hands still cupped mine. It was the first time I felt like she was actually my friend, no my best friend.

"I'm so glad to have you as my friend Riley, I'm so glad." I managed to say those words while tears rolled down, again. I instantly felt someone holding me. Seconds later I realized that she hugged me; I too hugged her back and cried until I was satisfied.

Riley Summers became a major part of my life that very moment. We were 7 when she discovered my biggest secret and kept it a secret.

We were inseparable that our families even gotten closer due to our friendship. Every other week our families would come together and have dinner. And since both our families were well known i.e. rich they would host parties on weekends. All the other rich families would be invited.

The parties were legendary, why?

Secrets, grown up secrets would occasionally spill. The main reason as to why Riley and I would hang around old people.

And it was also the place where Riley found out my little yet huge secret.

"Are you feeling better now Scarlett?" She asked me as we sat on the grass in my backyard.

"Yeah, thanks." I sniffled as I look at her and pull a weak smile.

She had long blonde hair with deep blue eyes that twinkled every time she smiled.

"Hey c'mon cheer up! We are going to be third graders in two months!" Her eyes twinkled as she clapped her hands.

It was weird how she would act so mature at one point and talk like an adult. And then she would act like a kid of her own age.

"Oh yes, how can I forget? School ended!" I whipped my tears and got up.

"Where are you going?" Riley asked me as she stood up as well. I turn and give her my signature grin.

"To the party of course, I saw Mrs. Hails kissing Mr. McLatte. There is no way I am going to miss out on that drama!"

"Did you do something?" Riley asked me playfully, already knowing the answer.

I gasp. "Replacing their wine with vodka? Never! " With that we both end up laughing and walking towards the party.

"This is the reason why we are best friends Scarlett Vaughn, this is the reason." Riley says as we reach the party where the drama had already begun.

I pity Mr. Hails & Mrs. McLatte.

~*~

"Scarlett!" I heard someone calling out my name, well more like yelling out my name. I opened my eyes slowly to see my long red hair all over my face.

Wait why do I even see myself?

"Ugh I told you to stay awake! But you! You lazy bum fell asleep!" Stephannie scolded while I pushed back my hair and tried to remember what the hell is going on.

f**k, I fell asleep while getting ready and took a trip down the memory lane.

"Sorry" I muttered as I brushed my hair lazily.

"Give me that thing!" hissing as she did, took the brush away from my hand and started to fix my hair.

"Do I have to go to the stupid ball?" I asked nonchalantly.

"Hmm I don't know, do you have to breathe in order to live?" I hate this bitch.

"I hate you."

"I love you too babe." She smirked.

With that we walked out of my room and towards my car. Stephannie started to drive since I was still sleepy and in no mood for driving.

~*~

Roselin High has a tradition. A tradition that has been carried out since the school opened. Every year they held a stupid masquerade ball, named as "The Red Masquerade". The elder's thought it was a great way to start off the year for seniors and will encourage them to bare this hell hole for one last year.  This ball was one of the main reasons that made Roselin famous.

What I think of this?

Bullshit; pure bullshit. They said it's for seniors yet somehow, freshman, sophomores and juniors made their ways to it. It is a waste of time and money.

But than again, it's Roselin, a private school for rich brats who doesn't care about their future.

Why, because they were born with a silver spoon in their mouth. All they cared about was looks, gossips, and losing their V card' by sophomore year.

I for one don't care about these craps; all I care about is surviving my last year of this hell peacefully. 

~*~

Everyone in our high school was excited about this ball but me. A masquerade holds secrets, mysteries, and game. I would rather stay home watching big bang theory & pretty little liars or reading a novel or sleeping!

But Stephannie had to be Stephannie, blackmailing me to go to this stupid masquerade ball with her.

How did she blackmail me? Let's rewind a little, shall we?

~*~

"Where are you taking me Steph?" I whined like a little girl wanting candy. Steph however didn't budge and dragged me to the school balcony. It was pretty high, if you ever want to suicide this would be the best place; quite and high, very high.

"If you don't take your beautiful ass to the ball with me, I will jump from this balcony. And I am serious Ms. Scarlett Vaughn." She replied after ages with a stern voice. To be honest, she sounded intimidating.

"Awe why thank you Ms. Lyle, my ass is beautiful isn't it?" I tried changing the subject.

"Don't you dare change the subject Scar!" She screamed.

"But you said my ass is beautiful!" I stomped and pouted like a 5 year old.

Why wouldn't I? First she says my ass is beautiful and than say's I'm not on topic. What the hell? She's the one who brought up my beautiful ass.

"Scarlett!" she screamed but thankfully there wasn't anyone there to listen to her.

"Why do you want to go to that ball anyway Steph? Don't you know if Riley ever finds out that we went to the ball, we would be dead meat?" I say as calm as possible.

It's true that Steph and I aren't aloud to go to any parties due to our social rank. It's like a caste system, Riley and her faked boobed barbies are at the top, Jocks/ cheerleaders after them, Theaters/ normal people, punks, & at last us, the nerds/geeks. 

Steph and I weren't the only ones who were nerds there were few more but we however made it into Riley's torture list.

"I know, but think about it Scarlett. There will be masks! No one will find out that we went. Please Scar! Please, please, please!" She did have a point, with the masks. But I don't know, it doesn't sound quite right.

Give it up Scarlett; this year isn't going to be peaceful anyway. So go and have some fun! My inner voice scolded me.

"Fine, we'll go. But you have to promise me no one; I mean no one is going to find out!" I finally give in to Steph.

"I promise!!" She squealed and hugged me and I hugged her back.

I am so dead.  

~*~

The car suddenly stopped, breaking my train of thoughts. After spacing out for a while I finally realize we were in the parking lot. The parking lot was filled with people getting out of their fancy cars. My eyes scanned the lot and stopped on a certain someone; Riley, Riley Summers my ex-best friend.

Thoughts from the past started to re-appear right front of eyes again.

I felt a tap right away and snapped out of my thoughts. I looked to my right and saw Steph giving me a small smile; I smiled back letting her know I am okay, even though I'm not.

"I can't believe you talked me into this." I groaned as we got out of my car.

"Shut up, you're going to thank me for this." I roll my eyes at her comment.  "You ready?" she asks me.

I take my white mask and put it on. "Good bye peaceful year and hello Red Masquerade."

I have a bad feeling about tonight.

~*~

Authors Note:

Hello guys, I am really happy you all liked the concept, a little heads up the concept is similar to pretty little liars but of course in a Totally Different way! It will be my way, with a lot of twists and turns. This was the prologue, where everything started, honestly I am not happy with it; it's not the way I wanted. I expected it to be better. Plus I feel like it's boring but then again it's the prologue, you can't have everything all at once. But I promise you it will get better! I hope you all liked this.

Also I have said this in my other fan-fics, please don't comment short and definitely not one sentence or word. It really irks me to death. & I get bitchy. I want to keep this bitch-free so please don't get on my nerves with that. It's a simple instruction I hope you all follow it and of course I will try my very best to update as frequent as I can. Don't reserve it, cause we all know you ain't gonna un-reserve it. So don't cause that's another thing that gets me bitchy. I guess I have made myself clear.

Now comment and tell me what you think! Cause I have no freaken idea W*F i just wrote.

Anyhow, good night!

-XOXO-

S a n a y a~

Edited by .-.SaNaYa.-. - 9 years ago
.StarDust. thumbnail
Nice starting..Looking forward to read it... Hmm..Scar and Riley aren't friends anymore..Well, I like whining scar...She is cute! :* And, Steph is cool! Hmm... interesting! Too much interesting... Update soon gal... PM me! :)

Doing amazing work...Keep doing it...Keep rocking...Take care! :)

-Ish.
Edited by Ish_taarey - 10 years ago
Sanju... thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
well first of all... lovd your writing style..
It has a professional touch to it..
about the story .. not at all boring but highly interesting!!
n yeah prologue kicked off well!!
loved the concept so much .. THE RED MASQUERADE!!!
A VERY GOOD N CREATIVE THOUGHT ..
N ya I m all set to jump into scarlet's world..
continue soon :)

-Raj- thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Networker 2 Thumbnail
very nice concept!!
prologue rocked!!
and it seems really interesting!
the title is really catchy and enigmatic!!
pls update soon.
thanks for the pm.
Dead_Nightmare thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
Awesome prolouge
Scar she is cute
Looking to forword
And plz update jaldi kiya kar month mai ek baar update deti hai
arsha_simran thumbnail
very nice!!!
this really seems something interesting!!!
loved the concept!!!
loved the prologue!!!!
very nice!!!!
loved the way u expressed scarlett's feeling!!!
very nice!!!
excited to noe wat happens next!!!
Vrindaroxz thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail + 2
I love ur writing style...
It has a catchy edge to it...
coming to the prologue...
IT WAS FANTASTIC...
please update soon...