Adaalat

Doppelgangers?

MriduB thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
So, yesterday, we had an interesting case...with the story revolving around doppelgangers!😲

Something I had to share :

A disturbing phenomenon, doppelgangers have been witnessed for hundreds of years. Meaning "double walker," they are a manifestation of a person which appears to family, friends, or even to that particular person. Often called an "evil twin," a doppelganger brings with it a feeling of unease but usually doesn't actually cause mischief or trouble. Although occasionally a person will see his or her own doppelganger, more often doppelgangers appear far from the location of the actual person and are often seen from the back, hurrying away. A loved one may call out to this image and try to follow it, only to find that nobody is there. And while it may not actively cause any harm, it often precedes heartbreak, accident, or death.

Throughout history, doppelgangers have been seen as harbingers of death or misfortune. Celebrated poet John Donne saw his wife's doppelganger twice in one evening, walking through the room carrying a dead child in her arms. Only later did Donne learn that his wife had given birth to a stillborn daughter. Likewise Abraham Lincoln famously saw a doppelganger of himself before his assassination, looking exactly the same except several shades paler, almost corpse-like. Many times a doppelganger will have the appearance, attitude, and dress of the person at the time of their misfortune, as if it is a visual premonition of exactly what that person will look like when the terrible events unfold.

Are doppelgangers ghosts or spirits? This seems unlikely, given that they are always manifestations of people who have not yet died. Some believe that they are astral projections, sent consciously or unconsciously from the minds of those who are "copied." The Seattle bride, for example, may have felt such strong emotion on those two occasions " coming to and leaving her home and marriage " that somehow her mind bridged the gap and she witnessed both at the same time. Another theory is that humankind is so emotionally connected that the close friends and family of a person in danger somehow sense it, and have a vision of that person as if they could warn them of what is to come. Whatever the explanation, doppelgangers are phenomena that continue to trouble many people.

Source : FB

So, do you think...doppelgangers exist? ðŸ˜²

Do post ur views, forum activity will increase! =)
Edited by MriduB - 10 years ago

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Abhisheking thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
I don't think that doppelgangers co-exist with us on Earth...😆😆
None had witnessed it...itzz all of blind faith...

Maybe,they exist as that... paranormal researcher said that there is a parallel world of doppelgangers ...I don't think that it is true...🤓
MriduB thumbnail
But people who look quite similar do exist! =P
Even I haven't come across a doppelganger of mine...or someone else...ik baar experience ho jayega toh I'll believe in it! =P
Abhisheking thumbnail
Originally posted by: MriduB

But people who look quite similar do exist! =P

Even I haven't come across a doppelganger of mine...or someone else...ik baar experience ho jayega toh I'll believe in it! =P

@bold yeah,that is true...In India's Got Talent [COLORS] yesterday came a boy,he was looking similar to that person of Gangnam style...I was shocked when saw him...Maybe he was also a evil doppelganger...😈😆😆
MriduB thumbnail
Originally posted by: Abhishek_King

@bold yeah,that is true...In India's Got Talent [COLORS] yesterday came a boy,he was looking similar to that person of Gangnam style...I was shocked when saw him...Maybe he was also a evil doppelganger...😈😆😆

Some celebrities do have doppelgangers...to be more appropriate, humshakals.😆
Just like John Abraham, n Saif Ali Khan.😆

Ho sakta hai ki Gangnam Style waale ka duplicate bhi ho! ðŸ˜‰
Minionite thumbnail
You know what...I think they exist and at the same time I don't think they exist. Have you ever had a feeling of deja vu? Like this has happened before with you and you know it's outcome, but yet you still are powerless to stop it from happening. That could be said to be the feeling of seeing a doppelganger. But at the same time I don't believe in them because I haven't experienced it myself. Until I don't experience it how can I say something exists?
MriduB thumbnail
Originally posted by: KhotaSikaShreya

You know what...I think they exist and at the same time I don't think they exist. Have you ever had a feeling of deja vu? Like this has happened before with you and you know it's outcome, but yet you still are powerless to stop it from happening. That could be said to be the feeling of seeing a doppelganger. But at the same time I don't believe in them because I haven't experienced it myself. Until I don't experience it how can I say something exists?

Ghost, paranormal, supernatural stuff fascinates me a lot!
(Blame my love for watching horror movies!😆)

But the fact is, I agree with what u have posted! I believe and I don't believe in them! It's all about, just one encounter, n I'll believe that bhoot hota hai!😆 Ya shayad nahi! ðŸ˜›
Abhisheking thumbnail
Originally posted by: MriduB

Ghost, paranormal, supernatural stuff fascinates me a lot!
(Blame my love for watching horror movies!😆)

But the fact is, I agree with what u have posted! I believe and I don't believe in them! It's all about, just one encounter, n I'll believe that bhoot hota hai!😆 Ya shayad nahi! ðŸ˜›

I too get fascinated towards paranormal things...bt I want an encounter with angels not devils...😆😆
akhl thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Fascinator 1 Thumbnail
Why is it that many people call believing in ghosts as superstition but not believing in God?
nirmita thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Duniya mein saat jane hote hai ek hi shakal wale aur bhoot bhi hote hai.believe it or not i have seen my brothers duplicate and was shocked to it the only differance was our mother tongue is hindi and his was tamil.