The concept of playing a warrior princess pushed me to take up Hatim -

Posted: 10 years ago

Elegant actress Pooja Banerjee, who is currently seen as Perizaad in Nikhil Sinha's The Adventures of Hatim on Life OK, had four other interesting offers in her kitty before she went on to choose the role of today's warrior princess.

Says Pooja, "The concept of playing a warrior princess pushed me to take up Hatim. This role is indeed so different and challenging. Perizaad is a today's girl in terms of attitude; she is ready to fight and can also get emotional about her loss. Having said this, she is strong too. I had as many as four offers with me, but when I was explained the whole script by Producer Nikhil Sinha, I was in awe of Hatim."

Pooja, who has earlier been seen in Roadies, Ek Doosre Se Karte Hain Pyaar Hum and Ghar Aaja Pardesi, hails from Nagpur. On her journey so far in TV, the girl states, "I kept getting my opportunities and there has been no looking back. There was a time when my mom used to collect my paper cut-outs from newspapers. But now she jokes saying there are too many news on me that are pouring in (smiles)."

On her rigorous training and experience of playing the warrior princess in Hatim, Pooja explains, "I have undergone a lot of training when it comes to fencing and horse-riding. You will not believe, if I say that I was asked to keep hanging on a harness at a height and jump down, on my very first day of shoot for Hatim. It was indeed a moment to remember. It was a very difficult scene for me, as I had to look very confident and courageous while jumping from a fifteen meter height."

For the talented actress, food' is a big weakness. "I love to cook every day. When I am down, I cook some nice food and pamper myself. Being a Bengali, rice and fish are my favourites. I love making paanchforan machchi. Also I cook nice aloo ka paratha and butter chicken," says the actress with a glee on her face.

As per Pooja, love is a beautiful feeling and everyone should experience it. But the girl is still waiting for her Mr. Perfect. "I am very much single," avers the girl.

Pooja, we wish you all the luck for your future!!!

Originally posted by FairGuy

tfs πŸ˜Š
welcome πŸ˜Š
Originally posted by ifians

loving her in hatim...😳
yes she is so cute πŸ˜³
Originally posted by rishabgosavi

thanks for sharing
welcome πŸ˜Š
She is a nice person
Very courageous as well
I so wished she had won roadies
Originally posted by gujaratichori

She is a nice person
Very courageous as well
I so wished she had won roadies
she was in roadies too ?
Yes she was in roadies
In the top 4 infact
One of the best performers
She is really very cute in the role of Perizad. 
Originally posted by rima4ever

she was in roadies too ?

Yes She was and her interview was so interesting,Raghu and Ranvijay had a hard time or you can say was in awe knowing her so many talents.πŸ˜†She can swim,act,dance,And I don't remember but I guess She won some state or national level award too in some sport.πŸ˜ƒ 😳She is very adventorous,talented,bubbly and full of life.😳Edited by --Janvie-- - 10 years ago
Originally posted by Chaithali

She is really very cute in the role of Perizad. 
yes that is so true