Harry Potter

JK Rowling- Harry should have married Hermoine. - Page 3

bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago
This content was originally posted by: -Ms.Wildcherry-

just because we do not agree to something does not mean we are twisting it,after writing all those epic books and having second thoughts about a certain couple should not have been ended up together is the most dumbest thing one can say.

I'm not talking about you. Sheesh.
I'm talking about the many article on this.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

-Aliya- thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 2
whats really shocking is that whether or not people read the whole article or not and whether or not they misunderstood or understood what JK Rowling actually meant, they still had the audacity to actually start bashing the amazing and brilliant author she is, over some fictional characters that she herself created! 
Try and digest this little fact before bashing JK Rowling: if it weren't for her, you wouldn't even have all these characters to ship and have shipping battles over. A shout-out to those people - stop being such whiny kids and just appreciate the fact that she even wrote these characters and shared them with us.
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
This doesn't really change anything for me. As an author, JK Rowling put Ron and Hermione together for a reason. She may claim it was on popular demand, but the series was hers. She could have paired up Hermione with anyone, but she paired her with Ron because that's what seemed right to her at that time. If she's having second thoughts now, that's her own choice, but as readers I don't think any of our opinions has to change just because JKR's has.

Personally, I do not prefer Harry-Hermione or Draco-Hermione for several reasons. Harry and Hermione are too bland and too cliche. Too many books out there have the hero and heroine paired together, and moreover, Harry and Hermione's personalities make them a boring couple. I am not a huge fan of Harry-Ginny either, but they're better than Harry-Hermione IMO. In fact, I don't prefer Harry with any of the females in the series. I wish JKR had taken a different route and paired him up with a new character. It would have been realistic, because not everyone marries their high school sweetheart. In fact, very few do and Harry-Ginny never had much chemistry in the series to begin with, but still they're better than Harry-Hermione because the latter are like brother-sister to me. It would be like incest, lol.

As for Draco-Hermione, I am not a fan of that coupling either, because Draco insulted Hermione several times in the series, using offensive language that no self-respecting woman can forget. Draco caused the unhappiness of people close to Hermione, so how can she ever love him? It is because of Draco that Hagrid's Buckbeak nearly got executed. Draco kept quiet while Hermione was being tortured in Malfoy Manor, and Draco was involved in the assassination attempt against Dumbledore. Maybe Draco has "reasons" for this. We can somewhat justify his actions claiming that he was being manipulated by his family and the death eaters, but as a strong woman who was strongly against blood divisions, could Hermione ever fall in love with someone like Draco? Personally, I do not like "evil guy falls for good girl" type of stories because I find them highly highly unrealistic. Such people would never fall in love in real life.

Ron and Hermione may not be the perfect couple. In fact, they may have had several squabbles in their married life, but Ron was never outright negative. He never held views that were blatantly against Hermione's beliefs. Although he left Harry and Hermione in DH, he came back and that's what's important. His heart was always in the right place, and that's the reason Hermione fell in love with him. As for Hermione, she was nowhere near perfect either. Her strive for perfection sometimes took her far from her friends, and she had very high unreasonable standards for relationships in general. It was only when she lowered them a bit did she make strong friendships and find her love interest. Ron and Hermione click because both of them had to change in order to be their best self. Ron had to mature and Hermione had to get off her high horse, and towards the end of the series, I do believe both of them struck a balance in their personalities.

Was Ron the perfect male for Hermione in the series? Maybe not, but he clicked with her far better than Harry or Draco would have IMO.
Edited by ..RamKiJanaki.. - 10 years ago
RamKiSeeta thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 6
In the end of the day though, these characters belong to JK Rowling, so I don't think anyone has the right to bash her. Without her, we would never have had this series or these characters. I don't think anyone has to change which couple they like in the series just because of an interview by the author. She expressed her opinion but never forced anyone to change theirs. People need to relax (not talking about IF, but other social networking sites as well).
StayStrong thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Its her fans who made her popular she must have kept that in mind before saying such a stupid thing that the fans who loved her books and characters so much would be hurt.

There's a difference between how the fans see the characters and how the author see them while writing the books,yes there are fandoms of draco hermione and harry harmione and fans can enjoy their love stories in the their own fictions but when an author gives a statement like this after writing the epic books that the two never were made for each other its totally unacceptable,the truth is that what JKR has written is fictional too and whatever she had in mind when she was writing her characters and when she made RH and HG couples it was wonderful,it was great the way it was and it is,what she has said shows her that she's does not trust her own instincts and perspectives,this is disappointing.

@Those who are calling others"bashers"well I want to say this you and all of us share the equal right of sharing our views so don't lash out other members and stop calling them bashers,like you , others have their own opinion as well and we all should respect that.

Mallu
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
Everyone has an opinion. Although I still love JKR, I agree that saying that Ron and Hermione are incompatible is wrong. I have loved R/H and H/G since book 2. However, she has not outrightly said Harry should have married her (so there's no need for ppl to shout now that they belong together since JKR says so).  
Though personally I feel that this is one of two things. 

a. She wants to get publicity for her upcoming project in the HP world

b. She's bowing down to fans pressures.

As for everyone else, calm down. JK Rowling is human, too. Right? 
What remains is the books. let's be grateful we got them. 😳 

Peace.
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
@bookworm-ALS--: I do not agree with J.K Rowling on this topic. Harry was meant to be with Ginny and Hermione with Ron. 
First she kills off important characters (I don't see how Fred's death was relevant to the plot, 😕 nor were the death's of 50 others who died in the Battle of Hogwarts), still the fans stuck with her and now she goes around saying stuff like this?! 😡 It is outrageous and not sustainable! ðŸ˜¡
How can she even say that? 😲 Harry and Hermione's chemistry was never like that of Harry and Ginny or Hermione and Ron.

Ron was made for Hermione,one could say that from the first moment they met. During the troll stuff in the first book, Ron agreed to come along with Harry to save Hermione when he could have gone to the safety of the common room easily. This was when they were 11. I'm sure that a few of you will say that Harry opted to save Hermione first and I agree, but that was because Harry has heroic instincts, after all he was brave and even saved Malfoy from the room of requirement. This doesn't mean that Harry should have married Malfoy, does it? 

As for those of you who consider us "basher's", I agree with Mallu, It was Rowling's fans who made her famous in the first place! We have a right to express our disapproval if we want. ðŸ˜Š

This post is not a reference to J.K Rowlings character. 🥱 It is simply a collection of my words and oppinions against this piece of information.

I am extremely disappointed in J.K Rowling... ðŸ˜’
Edited by twila - 10 years ago
Cutipie_Kanika thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
Well it doesn't matter much for me whether its harry-hermione or ron-hermione. I just love harry potter thats it :D
Cutipie_Kanika thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
And actually i m not a fan of any of the couple. :P
bookworm-ALS-- thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: twila

@bookworm-ALS--: I do not agree with J.K Rowling on this topic. Harry was meant to be with Ginny and Hermione with Ron. 
First she kills off important characters (I don't see how Fred's death was relevant to the plot, 😕 nor were the death's of 50 others who died in the Battle of Hogwarts), still the fans stuck with her and now she goes around saying stuff like this?! 😡 It is outrageous and not sustainable! ðŸ˜¡
How can she even say that? 😲 Harry and Hermione's chemistry was never like that of Harry and Ginny or Hermione and Ron.

Ron was made for Hermione,one could say that from the first moment they met. During the troll stuff in the first book, Ron agreed to come along with Harry to save Hermione when he could have gone to the safety of the common room easily. This was when they were 11. I'm sure that a few of you will say that Harry opted to save Hermione first and I agree, but that was because Harry has heroic instincts, after all he was brave and even saved Malfoy from the room of requirement. This doesn't mean that Harry should have married Malfoy, does it? 

As for those of you who consider us "basher's", I agree with Mallu, It was Rowling's fans who made her famous in the first place! We have a right to express our disapproval if we want. ðŸ˜Š

This post is not a reference to J.K Rowlings character. 🥱 It is simply a collection of my words and oppinions against this piece of information.

I am extremely disappointed in J.K Rowling... ðŸ˜’

The entire interview has come out. Do read it. Also, Emma Watson has clarified, calling it "a joke".