Posted: 10 years ago
Written for a prompt- 'Purple'

Purple Fantasies

She twirls about the lavender wallpapered room and stops in front of the mirror, taking in her appearance. Her cheeks are flushed pink and there is a smile on her pink lips as she admires her purple dress with the purple heels.

The knock sounds on the door, and she gasps- he is here!

She looks at the door, her heartbeat wild, and then looks at herself again and takes in a deep breath. She is a lady, an elegant lady, bedecked in purple, a royal lady, she must not behave like an excited high school girl.

She walks noiselessly, but confidently to the door, and closing her eyes for a second, she opens them as she opens the door- apprehensively.

Her apprehension gives way to joy and her face lights up, the pink cheeks now turning red. He smiles his warm smile and offers her the roses, the purple roses, with a note saying, " I looked at you. You looked at me. I fell right then for you. I hope you did the same too."

Her eyes fill up with tears, which she blinks away, and offers him her hand, and he takes it as he enters the room, shutting it behind him. She takes him to the mirror, and they stand together, her in purple, him in black and white, and she tightens her grip on his hand, and they look at their reflection, and smile.

He turns to her and pulls her gently in his arms, and they dance to the music created by their two souls singing in harmony. He twirls her round the room, and this time, she lightly giggles, her happiness and the dancing making her giddy.

They stop in front of the mirror again, and look at their reflection, hands still clasped and breaths coming quick and sharp. She is blushing again and he is smiling, and just like that, they turn towards each other and come closer, his arms around her waist and hers around his neck.

The white of his shirt and the black of his tie are the last things she sees before her eyes flutter shut and they lean in, their fragrances mingling- her delicate lavender with his musky scent, and their lips touch, for the briefest moment-

- before her eyes fly open and she sees the white and black again, only, this time, it is the white of the paper and the black of the words on it.

She is on her bed, surrounded by the blank walls; testimony to her tears as she cries- cries and flings the book away, for what use is the book which can only make her dream but not help in fulfilling those dreams? Her dreams, of being a lady, of opulence, of royalty, of love, of him... are shattered.

Gone is her prince, along with her room with the mirror, and gone is her purple dress with the purple heels. Only her delicate lavender scent remains, enveloping her, haunting her.

She never had anything that she wanted, and she'll never have anything that she wants. All she had and has, are fantasies.

Purple fantasies.

I took purple in the sense of royalty and enchantment. Also, purple roses signify love at first sight.

~Maya
lol.. purple lady encounters this purple FF!

the twist of the moment left me speechless..! Amazingly put together the thoughts which hardly find themselves in words!

loved it <3
Well, im a cynical person so the beginning did make me go 'haha too perfect for reality' and then I saw the end and I was like 'waaah I knew it!' πŸ˜› As usual good OS, and im so glad you wrote again! Purple is my favourite color πŸ˜› Also this story perfectly describes.my state of mind on lazy afternoons haha. Looking forward to.more. πŸ˜Š
Originally posted by Purple_Lady

lol.. purple lady encounters this purple FF! Haha!!

the twist of the moment left me speechless..! Amazingly put together the thoughts which hardly find themselves in words! I'm glad you liked this. :)

loved it <3 Thank you!

~Maya
Originally posted by IndigoBlues

Well, im a cynical person so the beginning did make me go 'haha too perfect for reality' and then I saw the end and I was like 'waaah I knew it!' πŸ˜›  Reality is harsh, fantasies, however, are beautiful! Was this too predictable?! :O Waise, I'm pretty cynical too. :P As usual good OS, and im so glad you wrote again! Thank you! and oh my God! Sacchi? :O Purple is my favourite color πŸ˜›  Mine's blue. :P But purple is a beautiful colour, rich, vibrant, neutral.Also this story perfectly describes.my state of mind on lazy afternoons haha. Lawl! :P Lazy afternoons are meant for reading and/or fantasizing. Looking forward to.more. πŸ˜Š  Seriously?! I'm flattered! There is SO much going in my mind that I want to pen down... par stupid exams start this Friday. :/ Though I'll certainly end up writing if I can't concentrate on my studies. :P
Thank you SO much for reading and commenting! :D

~Maya
Originally posted by navk

it was so amazing

Thank you so much! :D

~Maya
Originally posted by .Rhapsody.

I guess we cynical ones are actually those with dream lives inside our head.πŸ˜› And yes, I rarely get to read good romance writers, so I do look forward to your stuff. I understand your state of mind..my final exams begin next fridayπŸ˜†
Anyway its always a pleasure to read your stuff πŸ˜Š
Originally posted by bookworm-ALS--

Beautiful!

Thank you so much! :D

~Maya
Originally posted by IndigoBlues

I guess we cynical ones are actually those with dream lives inside our head.πŸ˜› And yes, I rarely get to read good romance writers, so I do look forward to your stuff. I understand your state of mind..my final exams begin next fridayπŸ˜†
Anyway its always a pleasure to read your stuff πŸ˜Š

Lawl, it's true! 
My Friday is here! :/  
I wish you luck for your exams. :)

Thank you so much! :D I don't know... I'm the kind of person who'll scoff at stuff like Twilight and Mills and Boon and Titanic. For me romance is Pride and Prejudice, Much Ado About Nothing and shipping Draco-Astoria and EverLark with my whole heart and soul. 
Not being a hardcore romantic, I really don't know why I end up writing romance.

Thank you once again! :D
Uhmm, can I PM you next time I write...?
Originally posted by .Rhapsody.

Lawl, it's true! 
My Friday is here! :/  
I wish you luck for your exams. :)

Thank you so much! :D I don't know... I'm the kind of person who'll scoff at stuff like Twilight and Mills and Boon and Titanic. For me romance is Pride and Prejudice, Much Ado About Nothing and shipping Draco-Astoria and EverLark with my whole heart and soul. 
Not being a hardcore romantic, I really don't know why I end up writing romance.

Thank you once again! :D
Uhmm, can I PM you next time I write...?
Same here..I really hope you did well in your previous exam and I hope you pass with flying colors in the others too.
and omg I dont like mills and boons and twilight either...thank god im not the only oneπŸ˜†Im not a big fan of romance actually..but I like your ships..draco astoria is something ive always mused about..do tell me if youve written something on them.
Ive also written some romantic stuff inspite of being anti romantic..but youcaant stop ideas na?
Sure you can PM but im kinda inactive so I cant guarantee ill see it...but I keep checking writers corner so ill defo see if youve posted anything new