Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Posted: 10 years ago

Speaking of Soccer. I created my WC predictions table the other day.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ccgd9sfjf42y87/WC%20Predictions.xlsx

enigmatic_zephy thumbnail
how can u forget i have watched lizzie bennet - didn't i make several references on that fated night😛
when the two of you wrote that love saga ðŸ˜†

oh that reminds me.. where is Mr. Darcy.. looks like no more active.. vintage Wine wasn't it CG?, 

Me and sports.. ahem..well!.. they are all the same.. i mean DNA is same - have sportmanship, shout like crazies and be totally lost in wat u r watching ðŸ˜› ( i honestly don't care about sports.. 😳)

( the comparison in that case was on clubs and their revenue streams.. something on those lines.. so didn't think much about the comparison 😛.. anyway the sports passion goes over my head..)

North South- someone else also recommended.. right now on House of Cards marathon run - will add NS to the playlist ðŸ˜Š.. thnks
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Speaking of Soccer. I created my WC predictions table the other day.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/7ccgd9sfjf42y87/WC%20Predictions.xlsx

hmm, germany Vs argentina ..

Did that octopaus paul thing happened in the last WC or was it before?

charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Hadey - you are being too predictable, but nah my mine is not on Argentina, love their football but they always under-perform.  I will still have Spain , Germany and for sentimental reasons Brazil for the big cup!!
Vintage has been awol, ah that was some story  !!  Probably the first time we interacted na!

I love sports except golf and American football, i am pretty much down for anything. 

@Good call on house of cards, you would enjoy the Underwood couple!

Octopus Paul happened last world cup!! Some memories that one, uni craziness!!
Edited by charminggenie - 10 years ago
Originally posted by: charminggenie

Hadey - you are being too predictable, but nah my mine is not on Argentina, love their football but they always under-perform.  I will still have Spain , Germany and for sentimental reasons Brazil for the big cup!!

Vintage has been awol, ah that was some story  !!  Probably the first time we interacted na!

I love sports except golf and American football, i am pretty much down for anything. 

@Good call on house of cards, you would enjoy the Underwood couple!

Octopus Paul happened last world cup!! Some memories that one, uni craziness!!

lol..no reasons..but i too have a soft corner for brazil.. ( i have really no clue why but i just feel for them everytime they miss out ðŸ˜›)
charminggenie thumbnail
i hear you!! love brazil , something so endearing with the way they play the game!! I have cried buckets for them , my heart will forever be theirs!
love J law but bafta robbed Lupita, though 90% she is winning the oscar!
LeadNitrate thumbnail
 I personally as a end user find whatsapp better than BBM or Viber. The typing interface is better. The keyboard can rotate with the rotating phone screen as opposed to BBM and Viber. With us thick fingered people its a bigger advantage.
Also whatsapp is free for initial two yrs and then its a min 89cts per yr. I find that a nominal price
I don't use twitter or fb messenger .
I do not use my phone number for account verification for these two either.
For me, whatsapp is relatively secure way of txting people.

I have tons of friends, family who do not tweet or rarely come online to FB, they use whatsapp.
Also whatsapp works and updates when background data is off, when internet speed is 2g or less, FB and twitter do not load so easily.
In all its a easier communications app.
I do not find the stat that it was more users than twitter to be surprising tbh.

Edited by LeadNitrate - 10 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

@Genie & Zephy - based on the draw, I have it 100% pat right till the semis. I'm pretty sure of it.

Brazil is a very talented team, with lots of skill and flair. They are the favorites, but I think Germany will edge Brazil. Germany performs well as a tight unit. Most predictors are actually giving Brazil 80% odds of winning. But I just have a wild feeling it's a German year.

Argentina and Spain are more evenly matched. Argentina are the favorites because of Messi, and I'm going with that for this one. Although Spain has an equal chance of upsetting Argentina.

I may have to take back Argentina winning because I think they have a good chance of choking and underperforming in finals.

charminggenie thumbnail
T-  I know few friends who would kill me for not using whatsapp now, but I get the advantages, will probably be back on it soon. But i am more of skype and fb person . I prefer not having my work contacts on them though , thats a separate phone.
But yeah whatsapp is great otherwise. It basically destroyed BBM.  It  will have more users logged in 24/7 than on twitter. 

Nooo Hadey, Not for Messi. He is gifted and all that jazz but noway they perform well as a team. Chokers. Messi has never performed in high profile matches. bet you are barca fan.

Germany is always  the team to beat. Spain has been a consistent performer and I seriously feel they have it in them to win in back to back. Brazil has scolari back as their coach , i love that man , so I pray and hope he wins them this cup. Somehow they make a WC win more special . 
Edited by charminggenie - 10 years ago
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Originally posted by: LeadNitrate

I personally as a end user find whatsapp better than BBM or Viber. The typing interface is better. The keyboard can rotate with the rotating phone screen as opposed to BBM and Viber. With us thick fingered people its a bigger advantage.

Also whatsapp is free for initial two yrs and then its a min 89cts per yr. I find that a nominal price
I don't use twitter or fb messenger .
I do not use my phone number for account verification for these two either.
For me, whatsapp is relatively secure way of txting people.

I have tons of friends, family who do not tweet or rarely come online to FB, they use whatsapp.
Also whatsapp works and updates when background data is off, when internet speed is 2g or less, FB and twitter do not load so easily.
In all its a easier communications app.
I do not find the stat that it was more users than twitter to be surprising tbh.

There was a point in time when BB used to charge its users 5 pounds a month for BBM 'data services' which included BBM. People were more than willing to pay it then, so I think even if FB decide to hike the one-off price of WhatsApp, there would still be demand for the app given the wide range of users. WhatsApp also barely uses any data at all, unless you foolishly have your settings on to download all media automatically! I barely use FB messenger too. I find that if someone is trying to organise an event, they just create a WhatsApp group as it allows its users to have up to 20/30 contacts in a group I think?

Viber really needs to work on the quality of their service. I don't have Skype but I think it's easier to operate Viber in comparison. - No ID/login required but there's a delay in response particularly with international calls. They've started offering non-data linked international calls at a price but they're in direct competition with firms like Vectone, Lebara and Lyca Mobile where it costs 1p a minute to call India. (not sure what it's like where you guys are but it actually costs me more to call my neighbour than it would to make a phone to India!)