Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

hindu4lyf thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
There was a full page interview of Alia Bhatt in today's Metro newspaper - say whaaat?!
(Wonder how much Mahesh Bhatt paid them)
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
I never liked Viber's sound quality , pretty poor performance. Skype is easy.  But yeah prefer Lyca for India calling -ridiculously cheap. Still chide myself for not using it during Uni days, took a really overpriced O2 sim instead.
Doubt Mahesh paid any money, probably Imtiaz/Eros for Highway pr. Won't be surprised if Kjo has something to do with this!
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I burnt my international data on my Whatsapp in India because there was no f**king WiFi. Other than Hubli Bangalore, I never got WiFi. Got burned in my phone bill too.

Never used Viber, but I have it for some reason. Has anyone tried Voxer? It is supposed to be like a Walkie Talkie between phones.

Also freaking USA. The cell phone services here have limited options. We don't have good prepaid plans.

hindu4lyf thumbnail
I'm just glad the days of the calling card are now behind us! 
Speaking of articles, Amol Rajan (editor of The Independent) had an article in The Evening Standard today regarding what happened with Penguin India. Terrible, one-sided article.

"we've got three months to save the spirit of a nation." Seriously, W*F?

http://www.standard.co.uk/comment/amol-rajan-closing-of-the-indian-mind-could-be-disastrous-9141053.html
charminggenie thumbnail
Found this  - http://www.storypick.com/20-clever-inventions-probably-didnt-know-made-indians/  

Cannot believe we made flush toilets and discovered water on moon first!!

@ Best piece I read on the the whole book controversy.  It covers and counter argues for both sides. http://www.outlookindia.com/article.aspx?289559

What BS was that Rajan guy saying, political cronies!
hindu4lyf thumbnail
Originally posted by: return_to_hades

I burnt my international data on my Whatsapp in India because there was no f**king WiFi. Other than Hubli Bangalore, I never got WiFi. Got burned in my phone bill too.

Argh this annoyed me sooo much! Went to the local Vodafone store to buy a Wi-Fi dongle (same applies for a local sim card) and they freakin' ask for your birth certificate, passport, bank bills and so much other crap! They have a LOT of checks in place for non-residents. So much easier if you go with an Indian national. Even the damn internet cafe asks you to bring a passport along and makes a copy of it while you give them your life history just to use their 15 year old computers for half an hour!

McD's should implement free Wi-Fi across their restaurants like they do all over Europe!

Had a spirited discussion of the Doniger incident on twitter a few days ago. Will post my thoughts here. I think the actions against the book do reflect poor freedom of speech in India. Will explain better when I get home.

hindu4lyf thumbnail
This made me laugh out loud! :P
http://thatscoop.com/harsh.pawar/8-reasons-why-delhi-is-jealous-of-mumbai-1277

*runs away from Dilliwale*

"A girl in Mumbai can dress up in a Pair of shorts, casual tee and go to a mall or coffee shop without feeling insecure about her-self. Girls in Delhi are still busy dressing up to go to a sabziwala to buy 1kg alloo."🤣
charminggenie thumbnail
Ha ha ha!! 
Remembering  the dili winters, the food and just the capital awesomeness.   Mumbai has nothing on dili, except humidity , maybe!

But damn, the dili vs Mumbai battle instantly polarizes people everywhere. 

@Hadey - will wait for your comments, but do read the article probably will answer a lot of "whys"
Originally posted by: hindu4lyf

This made me laugh out loud! :P

http://thatscoop.com/harsh.pawar/8-reasons-why-delhi-is-jealous-of-mumbai-1277

*runs away from Dilliwale*

"A girl in Mumbai can dress up in a Pair of shorts, casual tee and go to a mall or coffee shop without feeling insecure about her-self. Girls in Delhi are still busy dressing up to go to a sabziwala to buy 1kg alloo."🤣

OMG!  😆😆😆😆😆

The FB comments below are hilarious too.

Gal 1: I'm an "Proud" Bombaties but residing in Delhi for quite some time *edited out the BS*
Guy: I'm an "Proud" Bombaties"? Are you a Bangladeshi?
Gal 2: Why insult Bangladeshis? "I'm a proud BOMBATIES" seems like a Delhi-effect with respect to language. Let her dwell in it. :)