Should I message my exfriend or no? - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
Hey guys!!

So I decided to let you guys know what I'm planning to do.

I really do want to message her. But everyone is suggesting that I don't. But I'm still willing to take a chance.

The only reason I don't wanna take a chance is that I don't know how she's going to react. I mean there could be:

1) she acts mature and we discuss and move on. Either together or individually
2) she acts immature and doesn't react nicely. She would go around talk about it with my other haters. She would make me look like a loser (cos of her challenge) and defame me infront of other people.
3) I don't know ... Lol

Tbh, I don't know how she would ready in this situation. I know that she hasn't been in this situation before so like I have no clue how she would react in this situation.

I wouldn't mind texting her but I wouldn't want her to act immature and go around telling other people. That's the only reason that has stopped me all this time from texting her.

So after two days I'm still on the same page. I want to message her and I want option 1. I wouldn't even mind option 3 (surprise)! Lol

However, option 2 would make me regret it.

So yeah in short, I'm still on page one of this chapter lol. All my friends suggested not to. Majority of people in this post suggested to move on.

It's not my first friend that I'm losing. I have lost a lot of friends in my life. It's just that for this one I didn't try at first and now it's too late
After reading all that, I suggest that you do message her. It'll give you peace of mind. You'll feel certain that you did everything you could. Its never too late, better late than never aye? Its her loss if she acts immature about it. You're not gona know her reaction until you approach her. So stop with the overthinking, and just do it. Goodluck.
If you are thinking about messaging her at all, you should go ahead and do it instead of letting this whole "should I? or should i not?" feeling eat at you. 
What is the worst thing to happen here? Are you afraid that she will hold it against you and indulge in the fleeting thrill of being "right" and glow with the ever so slightly "superior" feeling? Don't be. If she is a friend enough, she will understand that it is a lot coming from you, that you are swallowing your pride and approaching her... and putting your dignity at stake by leaving the consequences in her hands.

If she chooses the pathetic route, you will get a closure from it and you can move on without the regretful feeling of "what if, what woulda happened if i had made the effort to talk" and so on. 

I say go ahead... do it smartly though. Keep your dignity intact in a way that it's hard for her to turn it around and put you on blast. It's always better to regret something you did than regret not doing it.

Good luck.
Edited by Easy_A - 10 years ago
Okay! I will take advice from you guys and I will message her. I will let you guys know how it went. 
I just hope that she understands that this is a lot for me to do and respect her.

however, knowing her somewhat, I feel like she will take advantage and crush my pride LOL but thats when you know its an end.

Thank you!!
Originally posted by cool_rashi

Okay! I will take advice from you guys and I will message her. I will let you guys know how it went. 
I just hope that she understands that this is a lot for me to do and respect her.

however, knowing her somewhat, I feel like she will take advantage and crush my pride LOL but thats when you know its an end.

Thank you!!

Don't worry, if she walks over you think its her loss , not yours ...you tried your best and dats what you can do .. rest is her choice , but don't regret and feel bad , if things go wrong :)  Best of luck.. 

Thank you!!

Awesome. Do come back to tell us your tale. 
Originally posted by youthvoice

I think you should not message her. The way she behaved and passes jokes in front of mutual friend i don't think the true friend could do this.
And now if you text her it would be like satisfying her ego and this can be very problematic for your relation in future.

Yeah you summed it up why I don't wanna msg her. I don't want to satisfy her ego. 

I haven't messaged her yet. I haven't been able to mentally prepare myself to message yet. :$

Yeah you summed it up why I don't wanna msg her. I don't want to satisfy her ego. 

I haven't messaged her yet. I haven't been able to mentally prepare myself to message yet. :$

i think you yourself is very confused about this thing to give it a shot or not .. u say u don't wanna satisfy her ego .. but sorry to say i might be harsh but it seems like you don't wanna hurt yours .. i mean who cares if she is taking those satisfaction if you called her 1 st.. at least u won't feel guilty about anything and of course there will be another level of peace in you . well! at the end you know your friend better .. how she will react to this... good day.. and don't mind my words at all. 
Originally posted by No2Pencil

i think you yourself is very confused about this thing to give it a shot or not .. u say u don't wanna satisfy her ego .. but sorry to say i might be harsh but it seems like you don't wanna hurt yours .. i mean who cares if she is taking those satisfaction if you called her 1 st.. at least u won't feel guilty about anything and of course there will be another level of peace in you . well! at the end you know your friend better .. how she will react to this... good day.. and don't mind my words at all. 

LOL don't worry! I don't mind! I just feel I would be boosting her life lol
HEY GUYS!!!!
so like i said I will be back with the results.

So, I ended up messaging her like 2 days ago. It shows me that she saw my message but she didn't reply! Just thought to share it with you all! 

But, I am done! That chapter is now closed