•  
  • Page of 1 Go
  •  
Posted: 10 years ago

here is the scenario,, But What would YOU do?

You are separated for a long time, but your ex-partner keeps on making attempts to come close by FB or messages through friends or stalking. Initially your replies used to be about closure such as we need to close this account and that account, never once have you talked about reconciliation because you have withdrawn yourself from the relationship and don't entertain that thought. 

During the course of the relationship you found out some not so nice things about her such as medication they need to take for basic mental functioning. Perhaps also that her family becomes involved to the extent that they have regular access to your bank accounts and use her mental imbalances/condition to manipulate her. Basically it could be anything serious that you weren't told prior, so you were lied to.. it could be that she has 2 kids, or he has 2 kids, the person was married before, they were in jail .. whatever it was .. it was serious, make up whatever you want but the girl and her family are bad news.

but you have moved on from that... so FFW

that girl's family is now pursuing another person, and that person's friend makes contact with you and asks you to tell is it true " I head such such such, does she still try to contact you?", "I've see that the family is involved deeply in her brothers relationship too and ruined it, but what is she like?" " It's a matter of his life please tell us what you know, my friend is falling but wants to know, and we are afraid she isn't what she seems" " when did she last try to make contact with you" blah blah and they are desperate to save their friend ..

What do you say? Do you confirm she is on medication? That her family will make her do stupid things? That she still tries to get back together? 
Edited by D3viL - 10 years ago
Did you just make this up? 😆
Quite a tricky situation ..  But if coming down to someone's else life .. dat person has full rite to know what actual situation is .. Living in delusion and thinking everything around is great not a way to go here ..Later, When he gets to know what reality is and half of things were hidden from him .. that will left him all shatter and this will make him regret in some way or the other.. I would definitely aware that person in what thing he is putting his hands ..Yeah i know it will affect that girl n family and my sympathies are with girl too but they should be more open and honest about it ..its selfish on their part that they are not coming out with right facts and have the guts to put some 3rd person life on stake. I MIGHT not tell about girl is approaching again on fb, cuz accept it or not that will give them a loop to question her character 😕 ..dats how society is... "Cruel and judgmental"..but yes i do tell him about medications and how fam is .. sorry m more of a practical than emotional person and see things which will be good in long run. I wanna see other members view too . ðŸ˜ƒ  Edited by No2Pencil - 10 years ago
A very common story man ! I think I can relate it to mine as you know that but somehow the little scenario is different..! 
Originally posted by Dexterkilaila

Did you just make this up? 😆

me .. make up a story... as if... ðŸ˜¡ this is the first time I have had anything to contribute to this section and was so happy while it was happening I was thinking.. must tell the love sex drugs forum ! and then when I do? you LAUGH AT ME! 

so tell me should he/she tell or not?
Originally posted by MasterDisaster

A very common story man ! I think I can relate it to mine as you know that but somehow the little scenario is different..! 

it is common but if someone asked you about her what would you say? When you wished you knew stuff prior .. and no the balls in your court, would you tell? they are asking for the truth, or would you stay mum and out of her life? you do wish her well...she is a mental case and a liar but when treated and on medication she can be reasonable too and may be of some use for some other guy? 
Originally posted by No2Pencil

Quite a tricky situation ..  But if coming down to someone's else life .. dat person has full rite to know what actual situation is .. Living in delusion and thinking everything around is great not a way to go here ..Later, When he gets to know what reality is and half of things were hidden from him .. that will left him all shatter and this will make him regret in some way or the other.. I would definitely aware that person in what thing he is putting his hands ..Yeah i know it will affect that girl n family and my sympathies are with girl too but they should be more open and honest about it ..its selfish on their part that they are not coming out with right facts and have the guts to put some 3rd person life on stake. I MIGHT not tell about girl is approaching again on fb, cuz accept it or not that will give them a loop to question her character 😕 ..dats how society is... "Cruel and judgmental"..but yes i do tell him about medications and how fam is .. sorry m more of a practical than emotional person and see things which will be good in long run. I wanna see other members view too . ðŸ˜ƒ 

thanks, we are both practical I guess but if she hides her issues then is it our job to expose it? and if the person asking already has doubts then isn't something they should talk to her about and not involve an ex? 
I don't understand why anyone would put a person in a dilemma like that.
I would firstly ask that person why he is running a "background check" on her behind her back in this manner and then secondly, I'd tell him that if he is skeptical about certain things or has recognized that things are not quite "right," and is now concerned for his friend, he should be upfront and honest firstly with his FRIEND, and then get that friend of his to approach her or her family and get them to come clean and lay all their cards on the table as is so that he knows exactly what he is getting himself into. He has the right to know and it is the girl's family's responsibility to keep things clean. That's the ideal thing to do and the best way to do it without dragging in any other innocent person to the picture or making anyone else feel like they had a part to play down the road.
Digging up facts through an ex and making the ex feel responsible for their future is neither fair on that ex nor on the girl. For one, the ex is no longer a part of her life, for another, it's been a while and we don't know what changes she might have brought about in her behavior and lifestyle along with her family. They might have changed for the better or made attempts and the girl might have changed over the course of the years of separation too. On the flip side, they might have gotten worse. Either case is possible and we don't know for sure which one it is. So I'd tell him that people live and learn and it's not my place to cue him in on anything about her, especially not when she is trying to establish a new lease on his/her life. 

Granted, I will have my own personal opinions on the girl and her family that I developed with my experience with them, but I would rather let others form their own opinions with their own judgment than do or say anything to alienate or endear her in their eyes. As for hard facts like whether or not she is on medication and whether or not they are the right kind of people to associate with, that is not something you are responsible to enlighten anyone about. The guy should take the initiative to get all the information right but you are not the right person/source to approach for it. The girl's family should take the responsibility of give him that if they care about their daughter and want the best for her. That's the best way to go about it.

I would most probably protect my personal space/privacy and say NO to his request because I do not think I would want to live with the thought of having a part to play in this situation at all, no matter how it pans out. But I would strongly urge him to get all the facts right nonetheless. Sorry if it's no help, I am just trying to be judicious as it's, I believe, a sensitive issue.