Debate Mansion

Is it okay to say NO sometimes?!!!

Posted: 10 years ago
😉  Sometimes saying no can be detrimental, especially to good friends, coworkers, etc.  It is not humanly possible to do everything.  That is why saying no can be allowed sometimes.  But, some people don't look at it that way.  Is it okay to say NO sometimes?!!!  Please share your thoughts.  ðŸ˜Š

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Yup, it is...
So I say "No" to your discussion 🤡
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
This is what I will say. Whether I say 'yes' or 'no', what is important is taking care of myself. I will only disappoint someone if I say 'yes' to do something someone wanted me to do and then I myself find I can't do that. In that case, I am betraying myself. May be people say 'yes' not to betray someone but the biggest betrayal is betrayal of myself. Definitely I can say 'no' but I have to accept myself in this situation and not be rude to the other person. I can explain to that person, why I am unable to do what he wanted  from me. If that person is understanding, he would even help me to get me to do what he wants me to do. And thus, the relationship with him can continue being healthy. Of course, if he is not understanding, I have to find my own way to take care of myself because there is no meaning in accepting to do something not to lose a person and in that process if I lose myself. Even in work situation, if I have to say 'no' for some deadline, I have to honestly explain the practical issues of why I have to say 'no' because telling 'yes' would mean betrayal of myself as I could not accomplish the task within the deadline when I have genuine problems in completing the job. 
re123 thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
saying  yes is not practical at all...if u can do say yes otherwise a no...
SniCkerDoOdLe thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail
its perfectly ok to say "no" to things that you are unable to or don't want to do...
but then one should positively accept and understand when he/she is denied by someone else ðŸ˜Š
ruky786 thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
It is but I personally get the guilt feeling of turning someone down, then I feel bad and sometimes I end up helping or doing something for that person.
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
And people tell me "it is okay to say yes sometimes" .lol

everything is ok if you feel it is ok. no yes does not matter.
Qirat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Yaa I think it is okay to say no sometimes.. It is difficult to please all. Difficult to please one, difficult to please. Period! ðŸ˜’
Lavendar thumbnail
have learned how to say it. Or else I was saying yes to everything. I have learned that it is ok to tell others no.