The Originals

JoMo on epi 14,15 & 16 : interview

Almas. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
Posted: 10 years ago

The Originals Interview: Joseph Morgan On Tonight's "Most Frightening" Episode

Posted by: Craig Byrne in InterviewsThe Originals February 25, 2014 0

Tonight at 8PM (ET), The CW presents a new episode of The Originalstitled "Long Way Back From Hell," and although a lot of promotions have focused on the flashbacks involving Rebekah, there is a quite scary and painful storyline in the episode for Klaus as well.

We spoke with the lead Original vampire himself, Joseph Morgan, to find out more about what's coming tonight as well as what we can expect in the next few weeks. The interview is presented in a Q&A style; our questions to Mr. Morgan are in bold; his answers are not.

KSITETV's CRAIG BYRNE: Where is Klaus as this episode begins?

JOSEPH MORGAN: He has been captured by the resurrected witches who now hold him, and he's been stabbed with the bone blade, which is inside his chest at the moment, causing him to be in an incredibly painful coma, I suppose is how I'd describe it. He's being held in an unknown location by the witches, which will become apparent quite quickly in the episode as an abandoned sanitarium.

When somebody puts Klaus through that much pain, do you ever think that Klaus might have that coming to him?

I don't necessarily think so. I don't think putting someone in a tremendous amount of pain is necessarily the way to punish them for their perceived wrongdoings. I also have to side with Klaus; I have to understand his motivations for everything he's done in order to play him. So, maybe they could have booked him some therapy instead. Maybe they could have gotten him a couple hundred years of therapy as opposed to blades in the chest.

The episode, as most episodes of The Originalsdo, features quite a cliffhanger. Can you talk about what that leads to?

The next three episodes, 114 to 116, are going to try and resolve this secret that Marcel and Rebekah has kept from Klaus for a century. So, they're all dealing with this. In fact, episode 16 is almost entirely centered around the three siblings, and them sort of thrashing this out in one place. Everything comes out and is put on the table for them to deal with. This isn't going to be something that's left hanging forever and ever; it's certainly our intention for them to deal with this dirty laundry.

Once this information is out in the open, how will Klaus' relationship with Marcel change, if at all?

Rebekah and Marcel betrayed him in an unforgivable fashion. Rebekah is connected to Klaus through blood; she's his sister, and he is not very happy with her, so Marcel stands even less of a chance. I think Marcel will be lucky to escape with his life. This is a huge betrayal on his part.

Would you say any cooperation between the Mikaelsons and Marcel might be out the door now?

Well, he's not going to cooperate with him, is he? I can't see Klaus being diplomatic about it. Like "okay, you did do that, which is an incredible betrayal, but let's just team up." I would say so [it's out the door], yes.

Can you talk about the alliances that may be formed as a result of the witches?

The show is, in part, centered around the power struggle for the control of New Orleans, and the witches have certainly proven themselves as a formidable fashion. We saw that in Episode 13, when they took Klaus and Rebekah, and they showed everybody that they are a force to be reckoned with, and Sophie Devereaux, the non-believer, was killed by her own niece. So, I think absolutely. I think there will be a desire from other factions to side with the witches. Power is a huge currency.

How does Genevieve interact with Rebekah and Klaus in tonight's episode?

When Rebekah met Genevieve, they were both nurses in a sanitarium back in 1919, so they have a whole storyline that is interwoven with the secrets that they hold,. Genevieve is tied up in that whole storyline. We also find out how Genevieve died the first time, and then in the present day, she's the one, primarily, who is holding Klaus.

Have you speculated at all what Hayley's baby will be like if it even comes, or have the producers told you what might be happening?

No. I don't know what form the baby will take. I would assume the baby's a hybrid, because they used its blood in Episode 7 - or the blood of Hayley which was connected with the baby to make another hybrid. I'm not sure. I don't know.

What else would you say to get people excited and tuning in for the next string of episodes?

Episode 14, 15, and 16 is really us finding our tone. The show has taken elements from its previous episodes, but really, you'll see 14 is a lot more frightening an episode than any we've aired before, and I really think they work as a trilogy. They attempt to deal with the issue of betrayal amongst family, and they are also representing us really finding our feet with the show. Finding where we stand tonally and stylistically. There was a natural break after 13, and there will be again after 16. It will feel like the end of a chapter. They really stand alone as a chapter, but certainly, for me watching 14, it was the most frightening episode of the show so far.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters