Satyamev Jayate Jinhe Desh Ki Fikr Hai

Episode 1: The entire system is responsible!

Shwets1502 thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 2
Posted: 10 years ago
Hello Friends. Satyamev Jayate is back with season 2 and it has started with what it does amazingly well. The show has taken a very sensitive issue -  The plight of a rape victim. 
It was so sad and raging to see the irresponsibility of the entire system : From police, doctors, lawyers/judicial system and the society. Lot of unknown facts were presented -  how police treat the victims as accused, how doctors treat them, how cruelly lawyers and common people treat these victims. 

At the end, because of these irresponsible behavior from officials, the criminals get away. Cases in court go for years and years, even 21 years as shown for one victim. There are lots of cells and social activists working and supporting these causes, but there is still no ray of hope for this issue to be eliminated. 

What can be the solution to this? Why are the girls/women blamed for something where they are the victim. Why is there a fear to support these victims? 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

...Jes... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
it is because of mentality of people and biggest objection by me is how can a girl herself give in to this and torture other girls for his?why the man from childhood are taught this way .. the whole nation needs to wake up ..it is high time ..respect women and yourself .. i don't know how and when this will happen but plz stand up for yourself and don't give in .. and do believe u have a right to survive :)

i believe first change needs to be be in myself and i need to believe that i have equal right no matter even if i m not given it ..i need to fight for that !!!

Anika_PreRish thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: ...Jes...

it is because of mentality of people and biggest objection by me is how can a girl herself give in to this and torture other girls for his?why the man from childhood are taught this way .. the whole nation needs to wake up ..it is high time ..respect women and yourself .. i don't know how and when this will happen but plz stand up for yourself and don't give in .. and do believe u have a right to survive :)

i believe first change needs to be be in myself and i need to believe that i have equal right no matter even if i m not given it ..i need to fight for that !!!

I totally agree with you,Jes.. 👍🏼
Pehle khudke andar badlav lana chahiye,phir sabke soch ko badalna hoga...

Anika_PreRish thumbnail
ek haath se taali kabhi nahi bajti...
agar taali bajani hai toh dono haatho se..
same with people...
pehle unke dimaagh mein jo rape victims ke baare mein jo ghatiya soch paalke rakkhi hai,usse badlo,phir badlav laao...
woh log yeh sochte hai ki dusro ke betiyo mein kuch laaj sharm nahi hai kyunki uss larki ke maa baap unhe zyada chhut de dete hai...
par,asal mein yeh nahi sochte ki jo log aisa khayalat rakhte hai,unke ghar mein bhi maa behen,betiyaan-bahu e bhi hai..
agar unke saath aisa kuch hua,toh?
Shwets1502 thumbnail
As rightly pointed out in the show, its all about showing off POWER. The girl/women how much ever they fight, they give in because of the power from the other side. What can small girls do? They don't even know what's happening. There has to be proper education given on this issue and immediate action taken against those people...not giving justice after 20 years. There has to be fear instilled. 

I do agree that we must all bring changes within us to fight against this issue. The victims are fighting, but there has to be some support from others too.
...Jes... thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: zebbie0504

I totally agree with you,Jes.. 👍🏼
Pehle khudke andar badlav lana chahiye,phir sabke soch ko badalna hoga...

thanks dear .. i want girls to wake up and fight for themselves .. there is no need to be afraid coz for me nothing can be worst than what i just saw .. it is the end of disrespect and degradation.. stand up girls and don't think anyone wil help you,they will only support you when u will support yourself .. u have very right to live,survive an get respect .. first u need to believe that :)  
...Jes... thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: Shwets1502

As rightly pointed out in the show, its all about showing off POWER. The girl/women how much ever they fight, they give in because of the power from the other side. What can small girls do? They don't even know what's happening. There has to be proper education given on this issue and immediate action taken against those people...not giving justice after 20 years. There has to be fear instilled. 

I do agree that we must all bring changes within us to fight against this issue. The victims are fighting, but there has to be some support from others too.

Well,there is sadly no answer to this as this has been happening since the dawn of civilization ..men have always been able to snatch the power and able to enjoy it acc to their ways and women have always have to suffer .. what is the answer?even i don't know that ..
Edited by ...Jes... - 10 years ago
Shwets1502 thumbnail
@Jes I do understand that these things have been happening for a very very long time. But it has been continuing as it is very clear to those committing this crime that they won't be punished anytime, and there is always a way to get out of this. Police, Doctors and Lawyers are with them and they can escape. If not to stop this crime, at least it has to be reduced. And I feel the only way is immediate punishment. (which I fear might never happen)
...Jes... thumbnail
And they showed it very right today that RAPE is not about sexual pleasure, it is about showing off POWER and DOMINATING women.. so i believe we need to change the way of thinking that it relates with any physical attraction or any other thing for which girls r responsible in nay way .. from a baby girl to a grandmother every other woman is faced with this torture ..  
Anika_PreRish thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: ...Jes...

thanks dear .. i want girls to wake up and fight for themselves .. there is no need to be afraid coz for me nothing can be worst than what i just saw .. it is the end of disrespect and degradation.. stand up girls and don't think anyone wil help you,they will only support you when u will support yourself .. u have very right to live,survive an get respect .. first u need to believe that :)  

👍🏼