BeLi3Ve thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Saw satyamev jayate today. It would be a lie if I said that I didn't cry, I did, throughout the episode. Great work, Mr. Khan. My respect for you knows no limits.

Seriously? Pouring acid in victim's eyes or cutting her tongue? Haven't you hurt her enough?

I'm glad I live in Panchkula, Haryana. You don't hear much rape cases here, though I wish there none to be heard of. Still, it isn't exactly safe.

Eve teasing is common here. I myself have gone through it, many times. Doesn't matter whether I'm in school, market or a park. You can hear those whistles and those absurd comments. I'm sure every girl out there has experienced it.

It, too, according to me, is a type of sexual harassment. And I'm not ashamed of saying that I've gone through. They are the ones who should be afraid!!

It appears ironically funny to me, though. 

India, the country where we have more "maas" than "prabhus" namely, durga maa, saraswati maa, kaali maa.. and the list goes on. India, the country where people worship girls in navaratris. But sadly, India is witnessing these alarming number of rapes.

I'm shaken. 

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

PrussianBlue thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 3
That is true! I'm glad that Aamir is doing so much to make our country aware and better :')
FollowYourHeart thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
I am shaken too...i was so inspired and motivated and revolutionized after Nirbhaya indecent, really thought there wld be some respite, there wld be some change but when within days of that horrific, soul shattering indecent more traumatizing stories came up I realized there is no point, no damned point to even HOPE for any sort of relief and i realized that our safety is in our own hands, and i realized that even in the twenty first century, when india is sending space missions to conquer Mars I and many women like me don't have the freedom to roam around freely, at whatever time we please...no we don't have that aazadi because if we dare to breathe freely we might end up being the next Nirbhaya...poori country wld cry for us and march with cnadles for us for a week. ek week tka bohut baaten hogi media main but uske baad sab thanda, kuch dino tak these barbaric criminals wld lay quite but uske baad again the wld roam around like the king of the world...
this ws my mindset...I had completely stopped reading and following such news coz all it did to me was spread hoplessness and depression and fear, its after ages ki I exposed myself to all this again and i am shaken, I am devastated, I am shuddering with fear, with humiliaiton, with infuriation ki inspite of being so educated, inspite of being hundred times more intelligent and capable than these so called power monger,s power hungry men, me and my clan r being subjected to tthis extreme form of humiliation...kab tak...till when will we let this continue...why have we all accepted this fear to be an integrla part of our lives, something which wld always be there to eat our happiness?...why are we quite...why after few weeks of some incedent everything gets hushed and all progress stops?...why do we forget to take note of this horrific reality and why don't we continously work towards ending it all once and for all?...why?
i have no answers coz I too had sidelined myself from the issue, because nothing was coming out of it, there was just darkness...but today SMJ fir se revived my anger, my fury, my rage and once again it has inculcated a ray of hope which cna only grow bigger and brighter if we all FIGHT...if we all pledge zero tolerance, if we all pledge solidarity with any and EVERY SINGLE SOUL who goes throught his living horror,,,,this is not just one girl ka fight its ALL OUR FIGHT, ITS ALL OUR HUMILIATION,,,,NONE OF US CAN AFFORD TO STOP FIGHTING THIS BATTLE...if we want to win this barbaric war we need to continue fighting our own battles,,,alone and together!
...Jes... thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 5
Originally posted by: FollowYourHeart

I am shaken too...i was so inspired and motivated and revolutionized after Nirbhaya indecent, really thought there wld be some respite, there wld be some change but when within days of that horrific, soul shattering indecent more traumatizing stories came up I realized there is no point, no damned point to even HOPE for any sort of relief and i realized that our safety is in our own hands, and i realized that even in the twenty first century, when india is sending space missions to conquer Mars I and many women like me don't have the freedom to roam around freely, at whatever time we please...no we don't have that aazadi because if we dare to breathe freely we might end up being the next Nirbhaya...poori country wld cry for us and march with cnadles for us for a week. ek week tka bohut baaten hogi media main but uske baad sab thanda, kuch dino tak these barbaric criminals wld lay quite but uske baad again the wld roam around like the king of the world...
this ws my mindset...I had completely stopped reading and following such news coz all it did to me was spread hoplessness and depression and fear, its after ages ki I exposed myself to all this again and i am shaken, I am devastated, I am shuddering with fear, with humiliaiton, with infuriation ki inspite of being so educated, inspite of being hundred times more intelligent and capable than these so called power monger,s power hungry men, me and my clan r being subjected to tthis extreme form of humiliation...kab tak...till when will we let this continue...why have we all accepted this fear to be an integrla part of our lives, something which wld always be there to eat our happiness?...why are we quite...why after few weeks of some incedent everything gets hushed and all progress stops?...why do we forget to take note of this horrific reality and why don't we continously work towards ending it all once and for all?...why?
i have no answers coz I too had sidelined myself from the issue, because nothing was coming out of it, there was just darkness...but today SMJ fir se revived my anger, my fury, my rage and once again it has inculcated a ray of hope which cna only grow bigger and brighter if we all FIGHT...if we all pledge zero tolerance, if we all pledge solidarity with any and EVERY SINGLE SOUL who goes throught his living horror,,,,this is not just one girl ka fight its ALL OUR FIGHT, ITS ALL OUR HUMILIATION,,,,NONE OF US CAN AFFORD TO STOP FIGHTING THIS BATTLE...if we want to win this barbaric war we need to continue fighting our own battles,,,alone and together!

exactly!!!!! u can't think others wil do things for you .. even after this long,we think and hope the MALE DOMINATED society would stand up for ur.. really? it is really funny to believe that ..u need to go extreme! and girls need to be more aware and practical ... well many wil say i m against girls! but hello?did anything happen when everyone is in their sides???nothing .. girls need to be more real and practical ..they can't depend on others .. and they can't even dare to breathe .. and it is true ..coz once u r rapped ..not bcoz of others,u wil die bcoz of ur depression ..so either make urself make strong for this or back down ..but stop complaining meaninglessly until u have the guts to fight back!
Gold.Abrol thumbnail
Totally Agree with u This show does not even shows the problem but its solution too. i really cried hard after seeing such dastardly acts they are not human beings but wild monsters disgusting n more painful thing that a female who is already in a deep pain suffers more due to this male dominated society 
It was Really sad to know that even justice to such cases is not provided properly even lawyers & doctors who are suppose to help the victim they too keep dragging her in the same pain instead of getting her out of this state   
-Wanderer- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
I think all women have faced some level of sexual harrassment at some point or other. I know I have few times. Though it wasn't very serious, I was shaken by each and they are extremely insulting!
BarbieGurl thumbnail
Group Promotion 1 Thumbnail
I m appalled tht eve teasing is considered so normal in india.
Its become a part of life n ppl just shrug it off saying boys will be boys.
They dont understand tht today's eve teasers r tomm's rapists.
Any kind of eve teasing serious or non serious is wrong.

See the west...girls roam arnd in skimpiest of dresses no one teases them...its a rare occurance n wen it does happen the curlpit is punished.
Ppl dont blame the girl.
We r so called cultured country but our public lacks basic manners n discipline.