Thendral 3-8th March 2014 (sat-pg4) - Page 3

Posted: 10 years ago
TA was bang on when he said Kalyani should not have involved the police in a domestic problem before talking to Ta And Tul. When police gets involved the problem can take any shape. Just like
 there are bad people in The family,there coukd be bad people in police and they could escalate the problem. This is exactly what happened.

It was nice when Tamizh banged out Shiva

First we had husband and wife (MM and Padma) slapping the samandhi 
Now we have the husband and wife (Tamizh and Thulasi) banging out Shiva ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†

2 Jodis for life ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†
Originally posted by Jan50

Radhika's serials start brilliantly like Selvi and Chellame. But they are so incorigible aftervsome time. 
Thee are always two wiives or a concubine and first wife tolerating all kind of crap. Sorry. Her serials 
Are way off reality in my opinion. In thendral the characters are shown to have various shades of
Grey and which is more realistic. Yes you feel like slapping Tamil because you expect the hero to be
All perfect. But  it is possible that a good guy is gullible and some times greed grips him too.
Where as in Radhika's serial she is super perfect and solves all problems and gives speeches.
Which is kind of stale and
Far from reality. Chellame, Arasi and Selvi gave ne the impression how horrible her serials become when she drags on. Another bad serial is Kasturi. 
So let us agree to disagree.

I did say that I only liked Chitty. I did not even like Selvi, Annamalai, Chellamay. In fact I stopped watching her serials I did not even watch Vani Rani at first, until a friend made us sit down and watch it. After that I became interested and I think it is the best serial on Sun TV right now. It could be better of course but it boasts of strong characters that are shining through their acting and Radhika herself has surpassed all expectations.

But leave Radhikaa's serials aside. I only brought that up in reply to your argument that Thendral is  superior to Radhikaa's serials. Thendral however I have been watching from Day 1. It started off with a good premise...very different actually. It was supposed to be about a young girl struggling against all odds to succeed in life. That is what many of us wanted to see - a determined, ambitious young woman...

But what happened? The storylines became horrible, crap and rubbish. Kumaran killed Thirumathi Selvam and he is doing the same thing to Thendral. Yes, whilst Radhika's serials cover concubines and second wives, Kumaran's serials make women so evil and manipulative and beyond the pale. From Thirumathi Selvam's Nanthini and Bhagyam to Thendral's Padma, Charu, Nila, Suchi, that other girl whose bf killed Deepa's father and now Maya and Deivamagal's Saroja, Gaya and Vino. How low can he make these women? In real life, do you have women like these? Is that reality?

No, I do not expect Tamil to be perfect, please don't assume that. Yes, he can be swayed by greed. But what made me angry was the dialogue he was giving his father-in-law. He wants MM to accept Padma and Mohan, that is fine...but why put blame on Kalyani? (Talking about Kalyani, even her character was destroyed. I thought only the actress changed,  but Kumaran changed the character as well). He was giving sexist crap, and this is not the first time he has done it. I was really annoyed that he was blaming Kalyani...and there have been times he has been sexist and a real twit.

Yes, let's agree to disagree. 
Originally posted by Jan50

TA was bang on when he said Kalyani should not have involved the police in a domestic problem before talking to Ta And Tul. When police gets involved the problem can take any shape. Just like
 there are bad people in The family,there coukd be bad people in police and they could escalate the problem. This is exactly what happened.

It is more than a domestic problem. TA was completely wrong. And blaming Kalyani for that. So where was his logic when Kalyani was beaten up mercilessly by the police?

Originally posted by ThangamPlus

It was nice when Tamizh banged out Shiva

First we had husband and wife (MM and Padma) slapping the samandhi 
Now we have the husband and wife (Tamizh and Thulasi) banging out Shiva ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†

2 Jodis for life ðŸ˜‰ðŸ˜†

Yes, but now you have Shiva planning revenge...haiyooo
Yes, simply loved the thrashing Tamil gave Siva. Hope it is also a lesson for Nila. 
Yes Tamil is sexist. But not when he said Kalyani should not have involved the police.
He was sexist when he told Deepa that her upbringing was not proper. That was worst thing he 
Ever said. Then the second worst was when he asked Kalyani to accept Padma and Mohan's apology
When Kal has not even recovered from the physical pain ,leave alone the mental and emotional
And psychological pain. When he said Kal should not have gone to police, this was not sexist but 
Wisdom that he knew how bad the plice can get. Good police officials themselves do not want
The family to be involved with police if they can solve their problems amicably because
In the long run that is better. Only the corrupt police who have every thing to gain by escalation want
Police involvement in domestic problems.
I myself thought Kal was a bit arrogant and stupid to go to police with out trying other options. When going to police take a smart relative or friend with you. Dont do it alone if you have well wishers
For you.in Kal's case she had quite a few like TT and her sister's family.
I am not even worried about Siva. He is a small fly. But Maya and Satya give me jitters. They are
Trying to bring in the favours they did for Deepa and Kalyani into the picture. They are using every
 possible Angle to keep TA under control. Now Tulasi should try a different approach instead of 
Always confronting upfront with Ta. She has to out her smartness to use. She should tackle this
Issue stealthly. I know it is not up her ally. But there is a first time for everything. Should join
Hands with Nitish and Lavanya.
Edited by Jan50 - 10 years ago