Poor James!! :P - Page 3

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by bookworm-ALS--

No, I never suggested his memory was tampered with. All I that I say is Snape would never have viewed James in a good light, his memories would never show that.
And honestly, comparing Dudley Dursley and Draco Malfoy to James Potter?
Even in that memory, James didn't use any dark curse. Snape cut him.

Oh, there's that small matter of James saving his worst enemy's life AND risking his life to become an Animagus for his werewolf friend...

Spoiled, yes, I agree. But bullies are generally cowards, and James Potter was no coward.
He may have gone off the deep end with Snape, but that doesn't make him a bully per se. 

haha, while comparing draco and dudley to james potter i specifically mentioned its excluding their basic character.. yes james did save snape at the last minute which he had to bcoz of both serius's n snape's reckless spiteful behavior.. n of course , y woldnt he ?.. he is harry's father after all n i wouldnt expect any less from him.. but u completely missed the point here.. james was a bully , he derived pleasure out of snape's humiliation when snape was at his lowest, i know i know, snape didnt like james either for obvious reasons...but harry would never do that, not even with molfoy, n molfoy n snape r two worlds apart..when malfoy was turned into a ferret n everybody including harry laughed at it, the situation was different, malfoy was a bully there turned instantly into a victim by moody's impersonator..plus harry n his friends themselves didnt do it but ofcouse they would have defended themselves..n that in short made all the difference, harry n his friends ofcouse defended themselves fiercely but they themselves never intentionally harmed any one ...snape was insecure n prefered to live in the shadows , james n his gang dragged him out the shadows to have a little "fun".. harry ( lily, hermoine, ron, ginny, luna,nevile) r all virtually incapable of doing such things...
mind you, m not saying that james was evil..NOBODY can say that..merely pointing out y lily takes the cake here in comparison with james...

harry inherited 'his devotion to his friends' , bravery, skill, talent  from his father...

harry inherited his compassion, sympathy n sense of justice from his mother together with her bravery but unfortunately (or fortunately) he couldnt inherit her hermoinish bookish talent n skill..😆
Edited by Akash005 - 9 years ago
Harry isn't such a paragon of virtue. He himself thought in OoTP that Malfoy would have deserved it.

And unlike with James, Malfoy wasn't best friends with the girl he liked.

No, I am not defending James. And yes that was one of his really bad moments in fifth year. But aren't most teenage boys the same in that age?
And if James was a bully for picking on Snape (for being eye deep in the Dark Arts) what does that make Snape and his friends?
He actually had the nerve to call Dark Magic " a bit of fun" to Lily.

On a side not, I think there were two big issues
One being Lily and Two being differing ideologies.
Originally posted by Akash005

mind you, m not saying that james is evil..NOBODY can say that..merely pointing out y lily takes the cake here in comparison with james...

Erm...I am not sure. She had her own flaws . Like being extremely biased a lot of the time and if it is her temper Harry inherited, then certainly a terrible temper.

Harry isn't such a paragon of virtue. He himself thought in OoTP that Malfoy would have deserved it.

And unlike with James, Malfoy wasn't best friends with the girl he liked.

No, I am not defending James. And yes that was one of his really bad moments in fifth year. But aren't most teenage boys the same in that age?
And if James was a bully for picking on Snape (for being eye deep in the Dark Arts) what does that make Snape and his friends?
He actually had the nerve to call Dark Magic " a bit of fun" to Lily.

On a side not, I think there were two big issues

o boy !...do u think i m defending snape here?!!!😆
^You certainly seemed to be. Apologies if I got that wrong.

^You certainly seemed to be. Apologies if I got that wrong.

no, thats quite all right, may b it did seem like that... but that wasnt the intention...😊

i was just pointing out y i m more biased towards lily when compared with james...however, they were both heroic n therez no doubt regarding that whatsoever...

I always thought Lily had a cruel/vindictive streak in her. Especially in OoTP.

Lily is one of my fav characters, but she certainly isnt perfect.
BTW I think Lily was much more laid back than Hermione. We know she was brilliant at Charms and Potions but I do believe Sirius and James were the toppers in their year.