Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 9 years ago
This content was originally posted by: bookworm-ALS--

BTW I think Lily was much more laid back than Hermione. We know she was brilliant at Charms and Potions but I do believe Sirius and James were the toppers in their year.

yes, true, agreed... ðŸ˜Š
This content was originally posted by: bookworm-ALS--

I always thought Lily had a cruel/vindictive streak in her. Especially in OoTP.

Lily is one of my fav characters, but she certainly isnt perfect.

c now, this is where we have diametrically opposite views n opinions...

lily was a pure soul like a unicorn.. may b ur opinion abt her stems from the fact that while lily was very compassionate to everybody unlike james ( which was very evident in her interactions with her elder sister pitunia who hated her and snape whom everybody including james disliked), she was also very fierce , opiniated , independent n brave who wasnt afraid to stand up for what she belives is right ( she fierecely depended snape against james but also did not bother to take any bull shit from snape either).. it is a quality that she shares in common with ginny.. ginny is very much like lily ( she fierecely defends luna against bullies just like lily defended snape against bullies)..in fact its just not the qualities but i also felt even looks wise ginny resembled lily a lot.. a classic fictional testimony to the fact that boys prefer girls like their mothers n girls seek men like their fathers..😆.. 

so 4 me , ur original statement will b modified to the following:

I always thought James had a cruel/vindictive streak in him. Especially in OoTP.

James is one of my fav characters, but he certainly isnt perfect.

n yeah, poor james !...😆
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Everybody has flaws, no one's perfect... Not even the best people there are,like Harry. I agree with Bookworm-ALS--, Lily certainly had her flaws, like everyone else. So did Dumbledore. This isn't Twilight people... ðŸ˜†
But that does not mean that the person is not good. Lily might have been pure hearted, but she most certainly was not flawless.
This content was originally posted by: twila

Everybody has flaws, no one's perfect... Not even the best people there are,like Harry. I agree with Bookworm-ALS--, Lily certainly had her flaws, like everyone else. So did Dumbledore. This isn't Twilight people... ðŸ˜†

But that does not mean that the person is not good. Lily might have been pure hearted, but she most certainly was not flawless.

Yes nobody is perfect , everybody has their flaws and even Dumbledore is not an exception to this rule..so yeah, Lily too might have had her own flaws like everybody else, however, there is no question about her pure heart..in fact , it was to such an extent that I honestly felt like James was no match for her..a sentiment that was shared by Harry as well..he couldn't understand how his mother could go on to marry a man like James.. Harry's mind went as far as speculating whether his dad had gotten his mother to marry him by force or magic, n thank god this insinuation was strongly opposed and put to rest by both Serius n Lupin..
twila thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Lily and James were soul mates! Even their patronuses show that. James only treated Snape badly because  he thought that Snape harbored deep feelings for Lily, the woman HE loved and was jealous of Snape, Harry understood this and then he continued thinking of James as the brave and kind man he was. Did Harry not feel jealous when he saw Ginny with Dean?
beutifulppl thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail
Agree with twila on this! Jilly was meant to be, just like Hinny.

Lily and James were soul mates! Even their patronuses show that. James only treated Snape badly because  he thought that Snape harbored deep feelings for Lily, the woman HE loved and was jealous of Snape, Harry understood this and then he continued thinking of James as the brave and kind man he was. Did Harry not feel jealous when he saw Ginny with Dean?

Yeah they most definitely were soul mates, no doubt abt that whatsoever.. but I forgot about the patronuses.. what was the connection there?.. could u elaborate?.. I mean I do remember that both Snape n Lily's patronuses were doe ( weren't they?. m not 100% sure).. but I have no recollection of James's patronus , I do remember that his animagus form was a stag which incidentally was Harry's patronus ..

Hmm..now that u have brought it up, let's talk about Harry-Dean vs James-Snape..I mean how weird is that!.. c the difference between how a father and a son handle the same situation.. in Harry's case , he had more reason to b jealous since Dean was not greasy or pathetic looking like Snape n Ginny clearly was enjoying her passionate moments with Dean unlike Lily who was clearly just friends with Snape since he was the one who introduced her to the wizarding world initially n also he was her neighbour ..but Harry handled the situation gracefully n never resorted to evil ways albeit he did expel Dean from Quidditch team but only when he had a valid reason for that n wasn't purely acting out of spite but it did serve his vengeance against Dean nevertheless..James on the other hand had no reason to b worried about Snape n yet he went as far as dragging Snape out of the shadows n creating a public spectacle of Snape's humiliation..James shouldn't have done that even if Snape n Lily were officially dating..m getting so confused here...did Lily n Snape date each other?.. bcoz I have read several other fan fictions wherein they were n now its all mumbled jumbled..😕
This content was originally posted by: beutifulppl

Agree with twila on this! Jilly was meant to be, just like Hinny.

Umm..is that a word play or typing error? ðŸ˜•..Jilly and Hinny ?.. o u mean like James + Lilly = Jilly & Harry + Ginny = Hinny ?

@ bold.. did he ?.. m sorry but due to reading those useless fan fictions the original events of the original book sort of slipped through my mind..I fail to recollect where Harry had such a moment of understanding, all I remember is Harry being half convinced about his father after his talk with Serius n Lupin n eventually choosing not to dwell upon the topic too much n never discussing about it even with Hermoine or Ron as it was a very shameful and personal topic for him just as it was for Snape..I may b wrong here, or I hope I m..if u can, please quote some instances from the book to support ur statement..that would help me..😊