Poor James!! :P - Page 5

Posted: 9 years ago
Originally posted by Akash005

Yeah they most definitely were soul mates, no doubt abt that whatsoever.. but I forgot about the patronuses.. what was the connection there?.. could u elaborate?.. I mean I do remember that both Snape n Lily's patronuses were doe ( weren't they?. m not 100% sure).. but I have no recollection of James's patronus , I do remember that his animagus form was a stag which incidentally was Harry's patronus ..

Hmm..now that u have brought it up, let's talk about Harry-Dean vs James-Snape..I mean how weird is that!.. c the difference between how a father and a son handle the same situation.. in Harry's case , he had more reason to b jealous since Dean was not greasy or pathetic looking like Snape n Ginny clearly was enjoying her passionate moments with Dean unlike Lily who was clearly just friends with Snape since he was the one who introduced her to the wizarding world initially n also he was her neighbour ..but Harry handled the situation gracefully n never resorted to evil ways albeit he did expel Dean from Quidditch team but only when he had a valid reason for that n wasn't purely acting out of spite but it did serve his vengeance against Dean nevertheless..James on the other hand had no reason to b worried about Snape n yet he went as far as dragging Snape out of the shadows n creating a public spectacle of Snape's humiliation..James shouldn't have done that even if Snape n Lily were officially dating..m getting so confused here...did Lily n Snape date each other?.. bcoz I have read several other fan fictions wherein they were n now its all mumbled jumbled..😕

James never liked Snape anyways, because he was in Slytherin and had love for the Dark Arts. His closeness to Lily just enhanced that feeling of detest and therefore he had more reason to hate Snape than Harry had for hating Dean.

BTW, James's patronus was a stag and Lily's a doe, which makes them soul mates. Rowling said so herself.

Umm..is that a word play or typing error? ðŸ˜•..Jilly and Hinny ?.. o u mean like James + Lilly = Jilly & Harry + Ginny = Hinny ?

It is not a typo! Shippers call James+Lily jilly, Harry+Ginny Hinny and Ron +Hermione Romione

@ bold.. did he ?.. m sorry but due to reading those useless fan fictions the original events of the original book sort of slipped through my mind..I fail to recollect where Harry had such a moment of understanding, all I remember is Harry being half convinced about his father after his talk with Serius n Lupin n eventually choosing not to dwell upon the topic too much n never discussing about it even with Hermoine or Ron as it was a very shameful and personal topic for him just as it was for Snape..I may b wrong here, or I hope I m..if u can, please quote some instances from the book to support ur statement..that would help me..😊

To answer for twila (who isn't online):
Harry felt relieved after listening to Sirius and Remus's side of the memory and the good memories of his father's glory returned.
Originally posted by beutifulppl

James never liked Snape anyways, because he was in Slytherin and had love for the Dark Arts. His closeness to Lily just enhanced that feeling of detest and therefore he had more reason to hate Snape than Harry had for hating Dean.

BTW, James's patronus was a stag and Lily's a doe, which makes them soul mates. Rowling said so herself.

@ bold.. do u honestly believe that those reasons could justify James's actions towards Snape?.. if u do believe that then I must suggest that u should read the entire series again to get a proper essence of what msgs JKR has tried to instill in the series..anyone who believes that such reasons r valid would b most probably placed in Slytherin if they ever get sorted into Hogwarts..😆

@ bold & italic ..thanks for sharing the info, I wasn't aware of it..but does that mean that it was never mentioned in the books but was made official by JKR ?.. or was that in the books too?

To answer for twila (who isn't online):
Harry felt relieved after listening to Sirius and Remus's side of the memory and the good memories of his father's glory returned.

Is that the only instance from the book that would support the statement?.. if that is the case, then I beg to differ..Harry wasn't fully convinced after his talk with Serious n Lupin, he accepted those justifications only half heartedly mainly bcoz he knew he had no other choice..

It is not a typo! Shippers call James+Lily jilly, Harry+Ginny Hinny and Ron +Hermione Romione

O I C .. so then my second guess was right..😊

O I C .. so then my second guess was right..😊

yup! also, could you stop the text language? it's getting a bit confusing...

yup! also, could you stop the text language? it's getting a bit confusing...

Ha ha..I will try for you but can't promise anything.. I am so used to the text language that its difficult to get rid of this ugly habit completely..
This thread had turned into a full fledged discussion, a few posts ago... Let's keep that to a minimum, shall we?
Originally posted by twila

This thread had turned into a full fledged discussion, a few posts ago... Let's keep that to a minimum, shall we?

Umm..y though?.. is it like against the IF rules?.. m sorry but m not that familiar with how things work here..I have been here for a while but not that long either..the thread was about a funny take on James's situation in HP world n the discussion that followed is completely related to the topic unlike my Dumbledore thread..😆