Poor James!! :P - Page 7

Posted: 9 years ago
I believe that James and Lily both have the same amount of badness in them (Although it's a tiny 1/1000000000 fraction of them)... James expresses his vindictiveness in a more physical manner while Lily usually expresses her vindictiveness verbally or by emotionally hurting the person she wants to. Harry inherited his good qualities as well as the bad ones (again,only a 1/100000000 fraction of him) from BOTH his parents because they both have the same amount of bad qualities in them. James is not worse than Lily and Lily is not worse than James. They are both good people.
Dude... There is reason why it was LILY's sacrifice...
I agree that James died to save them both...
But the thing is Voldemort wasn't giving James the option to move aside...
Voldemort was ready to spare her life for Snape but she begged to be taken instead of her son... So there lies the difference... She didn't really have to die... But she did for her son...
Originally posted by Paridhi7250

Dude... There is reason why it was LILY's sacrifice...
I agree that James died to save them both...
But the thing is Voldemort wasn't giving James the option to move aside...
Voldemort was ready to spare her life for Snape but she begged to be taken instead of her son... So there lies the difference... She didn't really have to die... But she did for her son...

But of course. I agree with you. Given a chance, James would have done the same. But he never got the chance, Voldemort just killed him. Lily had the chance to step aside but she chose to die.