Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

K.Universe. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
So, what we know thus far is that the plane may or may not have crashed, may or may not have run into mechanical problems, may or may not have been hijacked, the satellite images may or may not be debris, the Iranians with stolen passports may or may not be involved, the Russians may or may not have done this to divert World's attnetion from Crimea and at this point, 4 days after it went missing, the plane itself may be on land or in the sea.

Did they at least rule out aliens, meteors and extra dimensions?
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2

(Reuters) - U .S. investigators probing the disappearance of a Malaysia Airlines passenger jet believe it may have flown for four hours after losing contact with air traffic controllers, The Wall Street Journal reported on Thursday.

If confirmed, the report would represent another dramatic twist in what is already one of the most baffling mysteries in modern aviation history - the fate of Flight MH370, which took off from Kuala Lumpur early on Saturday and dropped off civilian radar screens less than an hour into its flight to Beijing.

On the sixth day of the search, planes were sweeping an area of sea where Chinese satellite images had shown what could be debris, but had so far found no sign of the airliner.

The Wall Street Journal said U.S. aviation investigators and national security officials believed the plane flew for a total of five hours, based on data automatically downloaded and sent to the ground from the Boeing 777's engines as part of a standard monitoring program. (r.reuters.com/ruw57v)

It raises the possibility that the plane, and the 239 people on board, could have flown on for an additional distance of about 2,200 miles, potentially reaching Pakistan, destinations in the Indian Ocean or Mongolia, the paper said.

A senior Malaysia Airlines official told Reuters that no such data existed, while a second official said he was unaware of it. A spokeswoman for engine manufacturer Rolls-Royce had no immediate comment.

Malaysia Airlines has said previously that the Rolls-Royce Trent engines stopped transmitting monitoring signals when contact with the plane was lost.

CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Most disturbing word is 'disappeared'. Where the hell it disappeare? Its shock for me as I am frequent traveller in malaysian airlines. And I feel for those family members who dont know their relative r alive or dead.

I think there is no terrorist involvement as no demand or calls yet received. And most important plane lost the contact with ground which is clear indication of technical fault. Disappeared near vietnam.

Once more let me ask is it safe to trust malaysian airlines?

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
One builds a reputation overy so many years and one incident happens and people are all over it. Malaysian airline is one of the safest out there. It meets highest of standards. The last major accident was in 1977 where 100 people died in a crash.

I think what happened here is something unique and odd. It is tough for families however I dont think people are not doing their best. Whole world is involved.

Be patient and lets see what happens

Forever-KA thumbnail
I do not see any sense in this theory of plane travelling 4 additional hours

1- If it flied that much it must have entered into airspace of other countries. Do they not have any way to catch a plane in their airspace? I mean is plane transpnder the only way? Maybe it is out of range of radar

2- Malaysian authorities just said that they have contacted the engine manufacurer and boeing and they did not get data from engine.

This means whatever happened was at time when it lost contact. However where is it?

But Malaysia Airlines Chief Executive Ahmad Jauhari Yahya said Thursday that Rolls-Royce and Boeing have reported that they didn't receive transmissions of any kind after 1:07 a.m. Saturday. Air traffic controllers lost contact with the plane shortly afterward, around 1:30 a.m.
Edited by King-Anu - 10 years ago
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

Have we ruled out the possibility of a wormhole ripping open in the space time continuum and transporting the plane into another dimension, another place, another time.

Is there any possibility to jam the radar or cloak the plane to be stealth? Even if not readily available or manufactures, is such a thing hypothetically possible? Are there any whether phenomenon that can jam signals or make objects invisible to radar? Any sort of magnetic storm or such? Is there any way for crew or passengers to access and tamper with a black box?

One another note, I think it is a ridiculous thing to stop trusting Malaysian airlines. This is a reputed airline with good customer ratings and good safety record. Freak accidents happen. When such accidents defy known information, even the best of the best will be confused and bewildered. This is a rarest of rare occurrences and I feel people are just expecting too much from the airlines and authorities. Most importantly there is absolutely no indication to prove that this happened because of the airlines incompetence or error.

CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
http://edition.cnn.com/2014/03/13/world/asia/malaysia-airlines-plane/
-Believe- thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
(Reuters) - Investigators believe someone aboard a missing Malaysian airliner deliberately shut off its communications and tracking systems, turned the plane around and flew for nearly seven hours after it vanished, Prime Minister Najib Razak said on Saturday.

"Despite media reports the plane was hijacked, I wish to be very clear, we are still investigating all possibilities as to what caused MH370 to deviate," Najib said.

It is extremely rare for a modern passenger aircraft to disappear once it has reached cruising altitude, as MH370 had. When that does happen, the debris from a crash is usually found close to its last known position relatively quickly.

In this case, there has been no trace of the plane, nor any sign of wreckage, as the navies and military aircraft of more than a dozen countries scour the seas on both sides of peninsular Malaysia.

The maximum range of the Boeing 777 is 7,725 nautical miles or 14,305 km. It is not clear how much fuel the aircraft was carrying though it would have been enough to reach its scheduled destination, Beijing, a flight of five hours and 50 minutes.

Did anyone look towards bin laden's sea burial site?😕
Forever-KA thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vinzy

Did anyone look towards bin laden's sea burial site?😕

What is this suppose to mean? Is this is a joke?

It interesting to note that it went west and not east. Was it being taken to a certain place? And in that it got crashed? Was it going to western region of China?

If it were to do that it had to go through Indian sub-continent and none of the countries detected anything?

So it must have crashed before reaching land

Edited by King-Anu - 10 years ago
hi @white rose.. nice to see a PR member here..😊
good topic...!!😳
i feel either it crashed hence nobody has any clue or may be hijacking took place.
the second theory doesnt make much sense so I assume the crash..
Edited by pari-kirloskar - 10 years ago