Debate Mansion

What makes a song click?

realitybites thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Posted: 17 years ago
What actually makes a song click? Is it the composition or the lyrics or the singer. Also because instrumental is less popular than music with lyrics.What is the most imp thing that has to touch the listeners chord to be appreciated?

Or may becoz we have cultural proclivity towards music so we love songs irrespective of its arrangement.

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Morgoth thumbnail
For instrumentals, its obviously the melody which makes the song work.

For vocal numbers many other things factor in - Singer's voice, technique, Lyrics, Melody, back-up vocals and instrumentation.

For me personally, it is the music and the singer's voice which make a song click.
moderngirl thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
For me its usually the lyrics and the music ๐Ÿ˜›
realitybites thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
Well I do believe that a song works in totality.

But then there are some songs where the lyrics or composition or singer's aalaap stay with you. For e.g the song " Mera kuch saaman tumhare paas pada hai" has such beautiful lyrics ๐Ÿ˜ณ and even "chukar mere maan ko kiya tune kya ishaara hai".

Then in today's time Himesh Reshammiya songs have the compostion which allure you. THink abt a song like " Mujhe pyaar de" or " I am a disco dancer" how did they work? ๐Ÿค”
OnlyHope thumbnail
Anniversary 19 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 3
For me, it's mostly the lyrics๐Ÿ˜›
noorejahaan thumbnail
(i think) it's usually all three! because for indian music, i usually look at lyrics first, then the singer and the beat, but it really depends...because one of my fav. singers is Tarkan, whose songs i absolutely LUV, although i don't understand most of them, b/c they're in Turkish..but then again, Turkish is a beautiful language, so i like listening to it..whereas with songs in languages that i don't like, i won't listen to the songs regardless of the singer or beat because i don't like how the words sound to my ears...so basically i think there needs to be a balance of all three aspects, but usually with one of the aspects being exceptionally good...(does that make sense?)
popkurn thumbnail
For me its the music.
dianaansari thumbnail
For me, the lyrics make the song click.
fatmah5000 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
as for me i guess the lyrics and the singer...
Angel39 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
for me the lyrics and singer makes a song click..but the again..the melody/ background music play's a key part to a song too