Written Update 1x16: Farewell to StoryVille

-Araina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago

The Originals Written Update 
Season 1 Episode 16: Farewell to StoryVille.

Hey guys! Araina here. Apologies for the delay. Weather here is very bad with thunderstorms, rains and horrible wind. Signals are a bit weak so it's taking a lot of time to load online (I usually watch live but yea, weather = no TV connection) -_- and all the ads that I cannot skip is not helping either. :| 

I appreciate your patience ðŸ˜³ The update is completed below.

Part 1
Recap: Klaus learns of Rebekah's betrayal and angered by it, is out to kill her. Elijah stops Klaus and daggers him to prevent Klaus from daggering Rebekah.

Flashback: (Childhood time while they were still humans) Rebekah is scared at night due to thundering and storm and Klaus wakes up. He goes to comfort her and gives her a toy (a brave knight) with soothing words. She holds it close to her while he holds on to her hand, as per her request, and promising that he'll always stay with her. Present time, Rebekah cannot leave and Elijah asks her to  leave but she can't as she's stuck. Elijah asks him to end it there and he won't let him hurt her. 

Next morning, Marcus tells Rebekah over a phone-call to stay alive and that he'll get her out of there. Rebekah tells him that she's never seen him like this ever and she knows that he is going to kill her. He advises her to stay as far away from him as possible. 

Marcus goes up to Devina, who simply listens to him quietly, afraid. She tells him that it was cold and empty. 

Elijah tries to distract Klaus by saying he looks like their father. Klaus rejects it, saying he was worst & Rebekah's betrayal proves it. Flashback: Mikael insults Klaus as a child, calling him a burden and hitting him. Elijah steps in but Mikael pushes him away, telling him to stay out of it and hits him again, justifying his act by claiming that will toughen Klaus. In Present time, Elijah and Klaus are opposite each other, continuing their argument. Elijah asks him to do better than their father and show mercy instead of this petty cruelty. Klaus asks if he really knows him, if he expects him to show mercy to the one who has wronged him. Rebekah steps in and says whatever she's done is wrong but her guilt is nothing compared to his. She says he can have his revenge, but before that, she will look him in the eye and say that it was his cruelty and his spite that has led them to this moment. Whatever she did was because of his actions. He asks her speak, but promises that after that, he will give her the punishment she deserves, even if that means going through Elijah.

Part 2

Camille comes to meet Devina so that she can comfort her and ask her what happened. Devina says she was scared and she saw them, her ancestors. They're angry as she used her power against her own and that they'd do horrible things to her if she misused her magic again. Markus tells Father Kieran to have hope, to which he replies with how he had hope when he returned to New Orleans and hoped to prevent a war between the witches and the vampire. But now, the witches are out of control and he (Markus) let an original control the town. And now, there is no hope for him (Markus), anyone, or himself. Markus says they simply need to find Devina back and she will take Klaus down. Kieran says it isn't going to happen like that. 

The argument between the three siblings continued. She justifies her act saying he was cruel and manipulative. Klaus exasperatedly replies that he was trying to protect her from the unsuitable guys, the leeches, etc and poor judgement. She questions why he forbid her from loving Marcel. Rebekah questions what happened to the sweet boy who made her laugh and made her feel safe; the one who loved art and music. She confesses that she wanted to be just like him. How could he have fallen so far? Elijah questions him why he despises her for the betrayal when no one has stood by his side for a long time - including himself. He reminds him of the day when father beat him mercilessly that he actually feared for his (Klaus') life. (Flashback) Rebekah had walked in with a sword pointing it at their father, threatening him to stop beating Klaus. Present Klaus accepts that he had a loyal sister, but she betrayed him for her lust for Marcel. Perhaps it was because  it was love for her. Rebekah says Marcel never manipulated her. He questions that she says so because somewhere, she questions whether Klaus is right. Rebekah tells him that they loved each other. It was his refusal that led to his own ruin. He questions why didn't Marcel chase after her when they fled if they loved each other. Why did Marcel stay back and take over the city he (Klaus) had built? She asks if he expects Marcel to beg for forgiveness, they she won't ask him to do that as he is not at fault - she is. She is the one who called Mikael. Elijah tries to stop Rebekah but she continues to rage why she did what she did - she wanted to get rid of him, and given the choice, she'd do it again. Hurt & angered, Klaus lunges at Rebekah, who is pushed away by Elijah and the two brother engage in a battle. Elijah takes the white oak from him and tells Rebekah to leave. 

Part 3
Klaus reasons that Rebekah tried to kill him. Elijah says he's wrong, and asks whether he truly knows what she was prepared to do for him. Flashback = Rebekah holding a knife at Mikael sleeping. (Voice over of Elijah). When Rebekah perceives something as injustice, she could be stubborn and downright dangerous. Present: He confesses to Klaus that she was willing to kill their father, had he (Elijah) had not stopped her. He wished to do it but it was too late. He says that Klaus's treatment changed her. Klaus tells him that he is just as abomination as he is, even worse. He then instigates him to use the white oak stake on him. Elijah instead throws it away in distance, saying he isn't so cowardly that he has to kill him (Klaus), but if he has to make him suffer to protect Rebekah, that is what he will do. He smirks, turns his back to Elijah, and says that he (Elijah) stills hopes that there is hope for the 'bas***d'. Then, in the blink of an eye, he turns to push the stake in Elijah, saying 'now you know how it feels' so that Elijah knows the feeling when he had used it on him. Rebekah comes back, saying it was supposed to be her line, and shows the white oak stake she now has, saying she decides who lives and who dies.

Part 4
Rebekah tells Klaus that she is going to take the blade out of Elijah. He tells her to kill him first, as she has the stake now and that's what she wanted to do before. So now that she has the chance, she should finish what she started. She says that's a lie and that all she wanted was for him to run, not die. Klaus continues to instigate Rebekah against Marcel. 

Marcel visits Genevieve and tries to get her to negotiate into lifting Celeste's curse. She asks for Devina in return, for it is him to needs her help more so that he can rescue Rebekah. 

Klaus goes on to have Rebekah admit that she wanted him dead, even though Rebekah claims otherwise. He says Elijah is laying there, suffering, and he will allow her to help hi; all she has to admit it. Upon pressure from him, she finally accepts that maybe she did want him dead. He stumbles back, hurt, she tries to say more but he pushes the stake in her chest. 

Part 5:
Klaus has the white oak stake in his hand. Rebekah walks up to ask if he missed her heart. He replies with perhaps, or perhaps he only wanted her to feel a fraction of the fear he felt when father came for him. Perhaps he never meant to dagger her in the first place. He says he only knows that she calls him evil, but yet, she the one who hurt him. She says he made their life a living hell, tormenting him. He confesses that he loves his family - you, Elijah, all of them. He says he knows he can be difficult but he didn't chose to be that day. It was father who ruined him. Rebekah says that he forgets that Mikael ruined her too. Centuries later, each of them are broken. Klaus with anger and paranoia, her with fear of abandonment, Elijah with dedication with everyone but himself. They are the strong creatures in the world and yet they are damaged to be unrepaired.They live without hope, but we will never die. They are the definition of curse - always & forever. Both of them, with tears in their eyes. 

Markus asks Cami how Devina is. She says she needs to be taken care of - in an insitution. Markus suggests to take her back, to her people. He says he isn't asking for permission, when Cami refuses to agree. 

Elijah wakes up with pain. Even more when Klaus pulls the blade out, saying they're even. He walks away. 

Out in the quarter, Markus says Devina is sleeping and once she's up, he'll explain it to her. Genevieve  says it'll take time to get out, as they have to remove all originals from the 
cemetery, not just one. 

Klaus tells Rebekah that he can't help but wonder if father ruined him as well. The barrier comes down. Rebekah says that she knows he hates her but what's done is done. He interrupts saying what's done is never just done. It remains within them. The story they tell themselves so it remains within. It's just father's bas***d son, a sister who betrayed him. Perhaps it's time for a new story. He asks what she wants. She says the same thing she's wanted since a child - a home, a family, someone to love to her, and to live. He frees her, saying go far away, and never come back. They are far too damaged to remain together. NO will be his and he will raise his child here, in the city she took him him; knowing Elijah will choose to stay, but her, she is free. 

She leaves. A tear escapes Klaus's eye. 

Elijah comes to Rebekah. She says she'll be leaving. He says he hopes she finds everything she's looking for. She says maybe somewhere, deep down, Klaus still is the brother they once knew. Elijah agrees. She asks of him to help him find his way. With that, she leaves. 

Klaus is in his home. Marcel says they need to settle this. He tells him that he may want him to beg, but he wont. He can't beat him, but he came to end this, in front of his people. Klaus leaves silently, refusing to do anything. Elijah, however, swifts in fast and throws Marcel to the wall. Elijah says his greetings and announces that he needs no introduction, for this is his family home. And tonight, he's taking it back. To Marcellus, he revokes him and gives him mercy to keep his life but he is exiled from the French Quarter. With that, he tells everyone to run along. Marcel too leaves. Klaus says, watching from the 'balcony', "Nicely done brother. You're beginning to sound like me. 

Marcel & Rebekah are at Esther's grave, where she says she's finally free, unlike her mother who is bound to his land. And him. He tells his story, that they took his home, his people, everything. He says he can't run away. She says she isn't asking him to. She knows how much he loves this city, and she is not the kind of girl who likes to share. She says she wishes he had finished building their home, even if she hadn't returned. She turns to leave but he stops her. They share a parting kiss. She asks him to try and stay alive. 

Hayley is by the fireplace. Rebekah comes there to say good-bye. She asks Hayley to never cross Klaus. He is too broken to find himself, but she does believe there is hope for him. And the baby. She also warns her of the limitless enemies the family has. She will inherit all of them. Hayley asks her to come back and visit. Rebekah says that if she can't, Hayley needs to tell the baby stories of her crazy Aunty Bex and let her know that despite her absence, she does love her very much. 

Klaus goes through past things and finds the knight he had given to Rebekah when they were just kids. Rebekah says farewell to StoryVille. 

-Araina.
Edited by -Araina- - 10 years ago

DO NOT COPY THIS POST AS THIS IS EXCLUSIVE TO INDIA FORUMS

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Aahaana thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Rebekah leaving is sad as she was the strongest female and she is one of the originals. The other females are boring.esp Kami🥱.

The entire episode was too painful seeing the siblings fighting each other but once the hatred was over and they all has vented out the frustration..they were able to realize they were broken dysfunctional, family..They are the powerful family yet so cursed like Rebekah told Klaus. I always knew Klaus will never kill her and happy be proved me right. But wanting someone to feel the pain and fear about how its to be under his shoe  so they understand was a little bit extreme but i guess once the anger was over..he was able to think and understand his siblings POV also. Rebakah is finally free from Klaus but on cost of her love. Somehow, Klaus was right about Marcel..He was more worried about Davina than rescuing Rebekah. He would have came to the graveyard if he was not scared of Klaus🤔.

About the flashbacks, its clear Mikael always hated Klaus. Even way before he found out he is results of his wifes EMA, he was torturing the little kid..Now wonder he is so broken inside... Being involved with and accepted by peers is important to any child. Klaus was denied that acceptance so its hard forget the past..Thats the only explanation for why he uses it against his siblings and forget they were also victims of Mikael's torture. Whatever happened to Klaus also had impact on Elijah and Rebekah.  I hope he is able to put behind his daddy issue and move on...🥱.

Thanks Araina for the update😳.

-Araina- thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Originally posted by: Aahaana

Rebekah leaving is sad as she was the strongest female and she is one of the originals. The other females are boring.esp Kami🥱. True. The only female I like in TO - ofcourse Hayley is there as well, but her screen-space/importance isn't as much as of now. 

The entire episode was too painful seeing the siblings fighting each other but once the hatred was over and they all has vented out the frustration..they were able to realize they were broken dysfunctional, family..They are the powerful family yet so cursed like Rebekah told Klaus. I always knew Klaus will never kill her and happy be proved me right. But wanting someone to feel the pain and fear about how its to be under his shoe  so they understand was a little bit extreme but i guess once the anger was over..he was able to think and understand his siblings POV also. Rebakah is finally free from Klaus but on cost of her love. Somehow, Klaus was right about Marcel..He was more worried about Davina than rescuing Rebekah. He would have came to the graveyard if he was not scared of Klaus🤔. True that. Once, I found myself saying 'Just end it already!' but then I also knew, all those things needed to be let out. Keeping it within would've only lead to worse situations. Klaus just has issues; he's proved many times before that no matter how much he puts up a facade, he loves his little sister. Like Rebekah said, he just has his paranoia with him at all times. The reason Klaus gave was extreme. Then again, he is extreme. Can't argue with that lol Marcel... I haven't liked him since the beginning. Rebekah has never been his priority, like she puts him to be. It has been Devina for him. Many times I've wondered the same thing Klaus mentioned: if he's just using Becca ðŸ¤”

About the flashbacks, its clear Mikael always hated Klaus. Even way before he found out he is results of his wifes EMA, he was torturing the little kid..Now wonder he is so broken inside... Being involved with and accepted by peers is important to any child. Klaus was denied that acceptance so its hard forget the past..Thats the only explanation for why he uses it against his siblings and forget they were also victims of Mikael's torture. Whatever happened to Klaus also had impact on Elijah and Rebekah.  I hope he is able to put behind his daddy issue and move on...🥱. Yea.. sister & I were just talking about this (she's watching it right now) ðŸ˜† Mikael has been cruel to him even before he found out the truth about Klaus... We wonder why he's been as such. After, we can see a reason. But before? He was differentiated amongst his siblings - and it's justfied why Klaus ended up being how he is. Elijah has ignored his pleas of help in the past . So I'm not surprised why he puts himself before the two of them at times. He's fended for himself then. I do hope Klaus shows the courage to put it past him. It'd be damn hard for sure, though. Seeing how broken & ruined he is - not to add the things that has followed because of past treatment. 

Thanks Araina for the update😳. Welcome MD ðŸ˜› ðŸ˜³ I gotta thank you for this discussion 😆 I haven't posted in any forum since like a year now ðŸ˜†

BlurredLines thumbnail
thanks for the detailed update .

rebekkah was the only female characters i cared about in TO . Now what am i going to do till junior klaus is born . i am sure i would love that kid even before it is shown.

loved the mikealson in this episode . the witches especially celeste failed because she wanted to test the bond between the siblings and was sure it would break but i am glad she was wrong .

thousand years have passed but klaus held onto the brave knight he gave her sister . a bond that strong can never break .

just sad that we won.t be hearing rebekkah calling klaus has nik . will miss rebekkah but i wasn.t big rebel fan so i am okay with their break up .

Aunt bex please make lot of guest appearances . hope they have some interesting tracks up to keep us from missing the siblings together .
Edited by kidsname - 10 years ago
featherheart thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
thnx for d ud
i didnt wtch d epi ...thnx a ton
jnawaz thumbnail
the show has so much going on that the updates turn into novels...lol...thanks for taking the time to post! cant wait for this weeks episode! eeps!
JAZ