Debate Mansion

Political Parties spend crores on advertisement before elections

-Wanderer- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Hi everyone! 
I did not even know that this forum was actually there in India-Forums! I don't know how active this forum is but this is my first topic here and I really wanted to know about people's perspectives on this issue.
Corruption: This is one of the biggest issues in our country. This is the root of the low rate of development in India. The matter I wanted to talk about is related to this.
With the approach of elections, it is very evident that all of a sudden there is a lot we are hearing and watching about the election nominees.
The other day, I was went to watch a film when an advertisement publicizing Narendra Modi came up. I'm sure everyone has also watched the advertisements of the Congress showing Rahul Gandhi who till now was hardly in limelight.
I don't know if anyone notices but there are also certain TV news channels which are being partial towards certain political parties with subtlety. 
What I say is not only my personal opinion but there have been several articles on this issue till now. BJP has reportedly spent more than a whopping 400 crore(probably more) for the image building of Narendra Modi. These parties hire agencies for the building of public images of contesting candidates.
While the exact amounts squandered is not too certain, we know for sure that these political parties are squandering away public money paid by us on advertisement. Could they not use this huge amounts on developmental work? Could they not use it for the poorer sections of society?
Would that not have ensured publicity and positive attention? While throwing of dirt by one party on the other is prominent now, none of the prominent parties raise this issue because they are themselves guilty of the same issue.
I want to know whether these advertisements shape your opinion about these candidates and to what extent! Please do share your say on this. Please do answer honestly and any kind of constructive criticism is welcome.😊