If you have RAPED someone, do you deserve a second CHANCE?! - Page 3

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago
I don't think there can be a generalized response to this question. It really depends. Some rapes are way too heinous to think of giving them a second chance. Others may be not, again this depends on the victim and if s/he is able to move past and ready to give the rapist a second chance.

End of the day, people make mistakes or commit crime. I don't agree that rape is the only crime which is well thought out and carried consciously. Most crimes are well thought out and carried according to the plan with conscious state of mind. And most crimes end up hurting their victims physically and mentally. So to me saying a section of criminals deserve a second chance while the other doesn't sounds a bit illogical.

So in my opinion, this question can only be answered by someone who went through it all. Only a victim has a right to state whether or not his/her rapist deserve a second chance if there is a possibility or genuine regret from the opposite party.

Edit: I should add, my interpretation of "second chance" might not be same as others. For me a criminal, no matter the crime, deserves a punishment whether or not s/he succumbs to regret or continues with the same drill. "Second chance" for me is the chance given to a criminal to be welcomed back in the society after the punishment is over.
Edited by Avocado.Girl. - 10 years ago
DianaPrince thumbnail
HELL NO!!!!!

if he is mentally imbalanced,put him in a care centre forever

otherwise,give that 🤬  death punishment
Originally posted by: Franco

what if the rapist had a brain tumor ? there would be some leniency there right ?😉

Why?😕
Originally posted by: Avocado.Girl.

End of the day, people make mistakes or commit crime. I don't agree that rape is the only crime which is well thought out and carried consciously. Most crimes are well thought out and carried according to the plan with conscious state of mind. And most crimes end up hurting their victims physically and mentally. So to me saying a section of criminals deserve a second chance while the other doesn't sounds a bit illogical.
- Punishment should be proportionate to the damage caused.

So in my opinion, this question can only be answered by someone who went through it all. Only a victim has a right to state whether or not his/her rapist deserve a second chance if there is a possibility or genuine regret from the opposite party.
- Ok. If she felt that asecond chance is deserved what should the court do? Let him free or go by the rules?

Edit: I should add, my interpretation of "second chance" might not be same as others. For me a criminal, no matter the crime, deserves a punishment whether or not s/he succumbs to regret or continues with the same drill. "Second chance" for me is the chance given to a criminal to be welcomed back in the society after the punishment is over.
- That answers  question I asked.. I doubt person will be welcomed after punishment as undergoing a punishment  does not indicate whether person will repeat the offence.

Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

Rape is a heinous crime in any society. It is a very serious issue and we should not take it lightly and joke about it.

Recently a girl was raped (or there was attempted rape) in village in Pakistan. She went to local police and they did not file a case or started doubting her. For few days she demanded justice and then self immolated herself. Once she died and it became news of course the chief minister of Punjab went there and there was an act on tv where he was scolding them. I mean whats the use after someone has passed away.

in Shikarpur Sindh 2 girls wanted to marry on their own and they ran away but were caught. I think brother shot them in name of honor. Later family contacted panchayat and they declared them innocent. The head of that panchayat is member of assembly and is on the run.

The tribal, the feudal, the backward system in Pakistan makes rape 10 times more serious. Someone said she self immolated because she was afraid of stigma associated with it. Daily there are such things happening. I am no feminist myself but these are facts. These are not made up. This needs to change. This is not a behavior of secure and confident men. This is animalism.

We need to seriously look at our ownself, think about feudalism, triablism, animalism, backwardism and correct ourself. I mean what the heck is this honor killing? Such lowlifes have honor? You kill first and then ask. And then we talk about being lenient

There is  no excuse. If someone is suffering from an illness and going to die that does not mean they should be let loose. You deal with them in different manner but they should be away from public.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6

I never get leniency for dying criminals. If a criminal is terminally ill why not sooner than later? If someone is in prison for a life sentence or death sentence and they are diagnosed with a terminal illness, my first instinct is to think let's just end it quickly. Society doesn't need to pay to sustain evil especially rapists.

It is not that I have no empathy. I think certain exceptions like more family visits. I am also Ok with medical and physical comforts to prevent pain/discomfort. But if the law deemed them unfit for society, then why not quickly execute them?

Originally posted by: zorrro

<div></div>Why?😕

Sometimes the lawyers can get mentally ill or sick people off for their crimes . So I wondered if that would earn forgiveness from the public ?
DushtDanaf. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 3
they have to serve time for their crime, and be rehabilitated. its upto the victim to forgive, but even then rape is never a redeemable act. in no way can it be undone or forgiven in any true essence. there was survey that showed 150 inmates convicted of rape, have all gone on to attack again which proves its not isolated incidents that create rapists but mentality. it only takes a cursory look at rape statistics for you to see the other side of the coin and ask yourself: are rapists even capable of the kind of remorse that warrants any kind of forgiveness ?

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/soraya-chemaly/50-facts-rape_b_2019338.html
Kryan_SanDhir thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail + 2
Definitely Not!! 
Rapists have no feelings for women so why should the law or we people give them a second chance?? 
Yes, agreed some Rapists do change! 
But,...but.. 
Only SOME!!! 
For those SOME people, we cannot trust everyone right? 
So according to me. The rapists shouldn't given any chance, 
Instead they should be given severe punishments!! 
Very severe!! 
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
What do you all have to say about this news item?
http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/lok-sabha-elections-2014/news/Mulayam-questions-new-anti-rape-law-says-sometimes-boys-make-mistakes/articleshow/33561516.cms?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=timesofindia

Of course there are other leaders who have condemned Mulayam Singh. Still, it is interesting to note the present anti-rape law is opposed also.

I have just one question. Let us assume, there is a uniform law such that a rapist is hanged. But a murderer also gets a punishment to be hanged. In that case, one thing a rapist can do is just murder the girl whom he has raped.  That way, he is not going to get extra punishment.  Therefore, can we assume this law in which a rapist is hanged, promotes the murder of the women whom a rapist rapes?