Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

atominis thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
We can debate on extent of punishment but no way can a rapist be let off or given a second chance! Rape is heinous and despicable. Intoxication, bad company, blah blah - no excuse can be given for the act committed. Rapists treat women like mere commodities to fulfil their lust and sadistic desires. Often they tape the entire act as if it's some "show" that's going on!

Nope. There's no guarantee that they'd never do it again. It's serious and I feel this is one crime where even minors should not be spared if they are perpetrators!

Rapists were let off or married off to victims or never "found out" or not reported at all. This is why men think it's okay or no big deal or just a "jawaani ki galti" by boys who were having fun. This is why men scare and bully women and their families.

High time system is overhauled.

Punishment is necessary and long overdue.

The rapists can "reform" in jail or so called afterlife.

The lessons of moral education did not help. Only punishment is needed to realise what is wrong and what must not be done.
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Originally posted by: maha2us

What do you all have to say about this news item?

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/home/lok-sabha-elections-2014/news/Mulayam-questions-new-anti-rape-law-says-sometimes-boys-make-mistakes/articleshow/33561516.cms?utm_source=twitter.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=timesofindia

Mulayam is an asshole. Rape is not a mistake. We are talking about someone's right to their body and consent. It is not a whoops, sorry, won't happen again kind of thing.

Of course there are other leaders who have condemned Mulayam Singh. Still, it is interesting to note the present anti-rape law is opposed also.

Many people are against current anti-rape laws. That does not mean people think rape is a mistake or rapists should receive rehabilitation. I too question the death penalty in India. Not because I believe rapist deserve second chances, but because it seems insufficient. It clearly is not a deterrent. What is the point of a sentence if reporting, investigation and prosecution does not take place? Rapists are not afraid of the death penalty because they know most rapes don't get reported. If they get reported, investigation is pathetic. Even if investigation is good, getting a court date can take forever. We think in reverse - let's give death penalty, let's get speedier court process. The steps should be - first let's teach our boys not to rape, next let's support victims to report without fear of shaming, then let's conduct thorough unbiased investigation, after that we can setup efficient court process, and finally we can decide the sentencing.

I have just one question. Let us assume, there is a uniform law such that a rapist is hanged. But a murderer also gets a punishment to be hanged. In that case, one thing a rapist can do is just murder the girl whom he has raped.  That way, he is not going to get extra punishment.  Therefore, can we assume this law in which a rapist is hanged, promotes the murder of the women whom a rapist rapes?

You are committing a fallacy here by associated two crimes. Rape and murder are two separate kinds of crimes conducted for different reasons. Unless they are psychopaths/sociopaths no one thinks oh I'm going to go on death row anyway, why don't I just commit all death penalty crimes.  No one goes why stop at killing that one person, let me kill a dozen more cause I will die anyways. Most importantly, no one commits a crime with the intent of being caught and being punished. Rapists either believe that it isn't rape or that they will get away with it.

So no, other than you or special people no one sees death row as a commit one crime and get more free scheme.

Edited by return_to_hades - 10 years ago
souro thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 2
So one of you pointed out Mulayam's comment. But as if that was not enough, another minister (Abu Azmi) from his party has come out with an even bigger shocker.

According to Abu Azmi the way to prevent rape is to hang any woman who has sex outside of marriage, whether consensual or forced. So, he not only wants women having consensual sex (outside of marriage) to be hanged, he even wants all rape victims to be hanged.
Anne.Frank thumbnail
Anniversary 10 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 1 Thumbnail
Rape is not a mistake..its a crime.
If a person makes a mistake he can be given a second chance but the same cannot happen when he commits a crime..Most rapists do not even feel guilty for the crime...They do not deserve a second chance..
Proud-India thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
If you want to know answer of this question ...You must ask Mulayamsinh ðŸ˜¡ who is dreaming of becoming PM of India in 2014 from Third Front Alliance ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜†ðŸ˜ƒ

UP must give him 0 seats this time 😃 which will show him real image of him
maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
I have got reports that what Mulayam said was twisted by the media and the report which came in TOI definitely gives him a bad image. the crux of what Mulayam said is, 'Why we want to punish boys when a relationship turns sour?'. It is claimed the media edited out  the original video of what Mulayam said and a report is made so that he said something which no one could accept. This is a clear cut example of how our society is misandrous. May be someone finds the truth of what Abu Azmi said which is definitely a shocker.

Proud-India thumbnail
At least we are not supporting SP & will never

And Media did not shown totally differently

What's the meaning of "Ladke hai ...galti ho jati hai"??!!!!!!!!

😉
Proud-India thumbnail
Retweeted by Tellyexpress.com

On @ibnlive on Mulayam Singh's statements on Rape by small boys! Will suggest boycott of his rallies and not to vote on his cycle symbol!

maha2us thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail
@ProudIndia: What Mulayam said is , 'Ladke to ladke hain, galti ho jati hai.' Where is the word 'rape' coming here? How can one conclude what he said is 'boys do rape by mistake?' 
The meaning of what he said as, 'Boys are boys. They could have at times sex before marriage.'  And this is what the leader meant. 'Sex before marriage' is a mistake but rape is a crime. Having sex is not a rape and mistake of sex is not crime at all. 

Why is media misleading the people?

And Kiran Bedi is no model for people. She was not able to live with her husband properly. A few months back, I could read the interview her divorced husband had given to some journal in which he indicates his own point of view.

Edited by maha2us - 10 years ago

@ProudIndia: What Mulayam said is , 'Ladke to ladke hain, galti ho jati hai.' Where is the word 'rape' coming here? How can one conclude what he said is 'boys do rape by mistake?' 

The meaning of what he said as, 'Boys are boys. They could have at times sex before marriage.'  And this is what the leader meant. 'Sex before marriage' is a mistake but rape is a crime. Having sex is not a rape and mistake of sex is not crime at all. 

Why is media misleading the people?

And Kiran Bedi is no model for people. She was not able to live with her husband properly. A few months back, I could read the interview her divorced husband had given to some journal in which he indicates his own point of view.

Could you elaborate on your version of " not being able to live with her husband properly" 🤓