Debate Mansion

Do you believe in ALIENS?

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
Posted: 10 years ago
Do you believe that there is intelligent life out there somewhere in the millions and billions of planets out there...what are your reasons for your beliefs?
I believe in their existence. The disappearance of the Malasiyan Airlines should give us all a reality check as to how little we all know...With all the technologies available to us ...with so many countries joining hands and putting their best technology and knowledge forward...there is still no answer...if we cannot find a Jet...do u think it's OK to dismiss the existence of aliens just because we don't have proof? 

What are your views?

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

kavyasam thumbnail
Interesting. Coincidently I had a similar thought that how come US has not yet come up with the possibility of Aliens abducting the plane.  While I think the plane has crashed somewhere, we cannot write off any possibility until we know what actually happened to it.

Coming to the existence of Aliens, I do believe there is life in this universe other than that on earth.  They may or may not be more intelligent species.  At the speed with which the space exploration is happening we may find definite answers soon.  As for reasons why I believe, if there can be life on earth there can be life on any other known or unknown planet. We do not know for sure there isn't any so there could be.
CoffeeCake thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 5
If aliens r there why they r intelligent life? Just becoz they r not from earth?

And so much intelligent that they can carry one flight with themselves? They Are aliens or megicieans?
return_to_hades thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 6
Yes. There are billions and billions of planets out there in our infinite universe. Surely, life of some form exists out there.

However, I am way more skeptical of intelligent life capable of traveling hundreds of light years coming to earth and arbitrarily taking things without contact.

I'm a geek. Star Wars and Star Trek get me crazy out there. I love to believe that space is a final frontier and someday we will be part of intergalactic empires interacting with aliens. But fantasy and hope is one thing, and grounded reality is another. I'm skeptical of UFO sightings, alien abduction theories and all sorts of alien hysteria.
charminggenie thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 2
Universe is too big for all our comprehension. There has to be life in varied forms on other planets , galaxies and the rest. 
But as far as this plane is concerned - for all the theories it is obvious that many know what , how and where of this mystery. For security purposes we are not being conveyed the details.
_Angie_ thumbnail
Anniversary 16 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: blue-ice

Do you believe that there is intelligent life out there somewhere in the millions and billions of planets out there...what are your reasons for your beliefs?

I believe in their existence. The disappearance of the Malasiyan Airlines should give us all a reality check as to how little we all know...With all the technologies available to us ...with so many countries joining hands and putting their best technology and knowledge forward...there is still no answer...if we cannot find a Jet...do u think it's OK to dismiss the existence of aliens just because we don't have proof? 

What are your views?

Long time blue! Where did you get hijacked to !😆

The Universe is too vast not to have any form of intelligent life out there. All the same applying Occam's razor  we need to rule out the simpler possibilities like human error, sabotage, shortcomings of current technology in detecting the aeroplane that could have fallen anywhere in the vast oceans. The  best technology available today   may not be up to the task and it is  difficult to say that all available information has been truthfully revealed in its entirety by the investigating agencies. The aliens  suspects would have to wait till human suspects or mechanical failure is ruled out.
_Angie_ thumbnail
This content was originally posted by: White-Rose

If aliens r there why they r intelligent life? Just becoz they r not from earth?

And so much intelligent that they can carry one flight with themselves? They Are aliens or megicieans?

All aliens that may be out there need not be intelligent but those that have the capability to travel vast intergalactic distances to reach the earth would essentially have better technological know how than the humans who are yet to overcome the challenges of such travels.
If at all some aliens manage to reach here through all that distance , carrying away one plane should not pose much difficulty. If they have some stealth mechanism to avoid radar detection they could easily pull it off.
However, its all conjecture and too far fetched. I d go with the accidental crash or sabotage theory for now.
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
I think I posted in this topic. Where did that post go? Mods? Aliens?

I objected to long signature of SRK. I dont think I said anything bad. You could have warned me or edited that part and leave my view on the topic.

But no. They had to trash it. lol
Edited by King-Anu - 10 years ago
_Angie_ thumbnail

^^ You could opt to turn off the signatures in the preference settings . I did that long ago as I find scrolling through long signatures quite tedious.

blue-ice. thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 8 Thumbnail + 4
This content was originally posted by: return_to_hades

Yes. There are billions and billions of planets out there in our infinite universe. Surely, life of some form exists out there.

However, I am way more skeptical of intelligent life capable of traveling hundreds of light years coming to earth and arbitrarily taking things without contact.

I'm a geek. Star Wars and Star Trek get me crazy out there. I love to believe that space is a final frontier and someday we will be part of intergalactic empires interacting with aliens. But fantasy and hope is one thing, and grounded reality is another. I'm skeptical of UFO sightings, alien abduction theories and all sorts of alien hysteria.

Nothing wrong in being a skeptic..and wanting to see evidence and proof before believing in something...My problem is with those who have closed minds and not even ready to give it a try just because of lack of proof...

BTW...i just gave the example of the Malaysian airplane here to put things into perspective...of how limited our knowledge/technology  is...not suggesting in this thread that the disappearance has got to do anything with aliens...Just thought of opening a topic here to see what the peoples' views are on this subject..😛