Debate Mansion

~Lets Reunite to fight against RACIAL DISCRIMINATION~ - Page 3

RamLeelaxo thumbnail
Posted: 10 years ago
Very good thread!!
We need to come together to stop racism!    

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

xbeyondwordsx thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 5
A great great initiative, guys 👏 Like many people mentions, it's not just the colour or your ethnicity anymore. The discrimination has stuck to the genes of the people, because of which it occurs on a daily basis. It's no good having a "a technology century" when we can't resolve a sensitive issue such as this in the modern century of 21st. 
Something I faced about two years ago. I wear a Hijab (a headscarf which represents my religion to me) and I get treated differently every single time I travel abroad. Something I got used to it but it still hurts. 

Say No to racism! 
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
@Pri... u should have said that... they deserved to know. I hate the idea of people labelling every brown coloured person as a terrorist. its so annoying... how would those white ppl like it if they all were labelled racists post shilpa shetty-jade goody racist issues in celeb Big bro... not nice...similarly labelling every brown person a terrorist isn't nice either. people need to grow up and look beyond colour... accept ppl for their personalities and the way they interact with u NOT by their colour.
Jin. thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 4
One of the best issue related topics by CCs.
Racism prevails not just across the world, but here, in India too.
Recent incident in delhi regarding the north eastern boy is the best example. It is sad that huge number of people still humiliate them by calling them chinese, japanese and what not and dont understand the basic fact that they are the part of India as much as others.
I think first we need to clean our own country before preaching the world.
-Wanderer- thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 4
This is a very crucial issue and I appreciate everyone responsible for making this thread so informative.

While you highlight racism with respect to the whites and the non-whites, racism is actually a broader term. Why just the white-skinned people, racism exists very much in our own country. I believe that before we protest elsewhere we need to introspect and see if we are also prejudiced deep within. Maybe we ourselves are racist in our own way and do not realize it?

Whenever one sees matrimonial advertisement, the most important criteria especially for girls seems to be fairness. A little child is also judged that way.  Beauty seems to be skin-deep for these people. Fairness cream advertisements much be banned because of the wrong image they put out for society. The show that "Fair is desirable". Truth is, if you are born with with brown being your natural colour, fairness creams can't make you white. With popular actors endorsing these brands, young girls and boys aspire for something that is unnatural and shallow.

Other than putting price-tags on black people and treating them as property, one of the saddest
 instances of racism is Nazism in the 20th century where innocent Jews were brutally massacred. It was not one man alone who was responsible for such a large crime- it was the racial hatred fed into the people through and through.

We can combat racism by changing ourselves first. Instead of protesting for equality we can get out there and prove that our capability and worth does not lie in our skin-colour. Racist people are at fault, not us. Racist mentality should not discourage us. Children should be influenced from an early age in a positive way. Our differences are certainly not skin-deep. It is not our race that separates us, it is our prejudices.

Racism comes from a displaced sense of superiority- People think they are superior because of some trait of theirs which they have no control over. Similarly, they feel that the other person is inferior for something they never chose-something they are born with.
GulaabiAakhein. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 6
This content was originally posted by: -Wanderer-

This is a very crucial issue and I appreciate everyone responsible for making this thread so informative.

While you highlight racism with respect to the whites and the non-whites, racism is actually a broader term. Why just the white-skinned people, racism exists very much in our own country. I believe that before we protest elsewhere we need to introspect and see if we are also prejudiced deep within. Maybe we ourselves are racist in our own way and do not realize it? We have been brought up in a racist society so even if we don't consciously acknowledge it, subconsciously, racism is a part of us. It always has been and I think everyone knows it but they just don't want to believe it. I understand that we should introspect but in reality we don't need to. We learn what society teaches us and I think in today's world many of us are trying hard to come out of the racist mentality and rise above. However hard it may be, all we need to do is try.

Whenever one sees matrimonial advertisement, the most important criteria especially for girls seems to be fairness. A little child is also judged that way.  Beauty seems to be skin-deep for these people. Fairness cream advertisements much be banned because of the wrong image they put out for society. The show that "Fair is desirable". Truth is, if you are born with with brown being your natural colour, fairness creams can't make you white. With popular actors endorsing these brands, young girls and boys aspire for something that is unnatural and shallow. << - I totally agree with what you've said here and this is another mindset going on from ages. Its cruel and girls who aren't fair are blamed for something they are born with! That's not fair. They aren't handicapped. 

We can combat racism by changing ourselves first. Instead of protesting for equality we can get out there and prove that our capability and worth does not lie in our skin-colour. Racist people are at fault, not us. Racist mentality should not discourage us. Children should be influenced from an early age in a positive way. Our differences are certainly not skin-deep. It is not our race that separates us, it is our prejudices. Easier Said than done. If the entire society thinks in a particular way, it is difficult to influence a child in a different direction since half of our childhood we spend at school and that is where one should start. 

Racism comes from a displaced sense of superiority- People think they are superior because of some trait of theirs which they have no control over. Similarly, they feel that the other person is inferior for something they never chose-something they are born with.

gohem123 thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail + 3
Excellent topic... and i would like to add my two cents too...

Racism is man's gravest threat to man. Everyone says we should fight for equality but the question is :  will we do it?

Take for example : If your son is getting married, will you not look for a beautiful girl rather than a dark skinny girl? When we have to do laundry or do the construction type work, won't we look for people of lowers strata to do that so that more work can be done with least pay.

Everywhere it's the same..If a white man falls off a chair drunk, it's just a drunk. If a Negro does, it's the whole damn Negro race.

Racism occurs because of perception. It's not born. It's taught.

In many places in Asia, people still thinks majority of Muslims are terrorists. People double check Muslims than others in airports and other places(rmbr shahruk khan in US)

We learn about equality in history and civics, but the truth is to find out life is not really like that. If we need to change something, we need to educate the children that just because somebody born in one family(white or so called superior family) will not make that person superior to others.

Racism springs from the lie that certain human beings are less than fully human. It's a selfish sense that corrupts our mind in to believing that we are right to treat others as we would not want to be treated. People have to gain respect through their deeds...

NandiniRaizadaa thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 4
Wonderful thread
Say no to racial discrimination 
Yuvika_15 thumbnail
Anniversary 18 Thumbnail Group Promotion 7 Thumbnail + 5
This content was originally posted by: TheDreamCatcher

One of the best issue related topics by CCs.

Racism prevails not just across the world, but here, in India too.
Recent incident in delhi regarding the north eastern boy is the best example. It is sad that huge number of people still humiliate them by calling them chinese, japanese and what not and dont understand the basic fact that they are the part of India as much as others.
I think first we need to clean our own country before preaching the world.

I guess its like the saying "charity starts at home" and its time we made that start... our actions will set an example for our children so we need to make sure we set a good example..one where we teach them not to give so much importance to colour and ethnicity. but the truth is we all say it, yet we don't somehow follow it... like how many of us can honestly say that they don't know a family member who looks down upon others for their colour or appreciates someone more than others owing to their skin colour...? when I say skin colour I don't mean different ethnicity I mean fair v dark complexion ..although its not linked to racial discrimination it is linked to skin colour and is a reason why many r discriminated against...
..Zainab.. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
this is a very well thought out post, Will be back to comment more.