Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Posted: 10 years ago

Originally posted by: return_to_hades

Why wait for my reply? Ajnu is already speaking for me. Ask her all questions. She will answer for me. 😉 I kind of feel like Jesus now. WWRTHDO? 😆

Personally, I don't think there are any male or female qualities - just human qualities. I don't believe in gender stereotypes. All people feel hurt or sad. Everyone has the right to cry and express their feelings.

That being said any emotion shouldn't be overdone. People who cry at the drop of a hat are annoying. Get a grip people.  I also feel crying a personal emotion. Cry with your close friends and family. Don't bawl like a baby in public. When I see reality TV shows and see people shedding floods over some dumb reason - I want to go and punch them all in the face.

Now, you know why I was waiting for YOU to respond. Although Ajnu's answer was great, she couldn't have said it they way you did! 😉 There's only ONE RTH! 😉

P. S.: I love you, too, Ajnu. 😳

I too think men should be allowed to trickle a tear or two. But then I do have guy friends who get touchy and hurt at the drop of a hat. I just heard the ANNOYANCE-DETECTION alarm go off on me! There's this person in my friend circle who called me up while I was at work last Sunday, since his car got brushed by another car in his open garage. I agree that his emotions were attached to the vehicle since it was his first, brand new car that he had ever owned. However, the minor scuffing led to his nervous breakdown. He called me up half an hour before my lunch break (12:10 PM-ish) and poured his heart out.

Turns out that his car had minor chips and scuffs ON THE SURFACE of the bumper (or was it the rear right side fender - not sure!). So you see - WAS HE ALLOWED TO CRY FOR A FREAKING SCUFF MARK?!

😆

Originally posted by: -Roshan-

Who's to blame besides the society itself?!

The individual himself.

He called me up half an hour before my lunch break (12:10 PM-ish) and poured his heart out.

Turns out that his car had minor chips and scuffs ON THE SURFACE of the bumper (or was it the rear right side fender - not sure!). So you see - WAS HE ALLOWED TO CRY FOR A FREAKING SCUFF MARK?!

😆

His car getting scratched is NOT a trivial incident by any means 😲 At least not in my city. Here people could get shot for committing this unforgivable monstrous atrocity  Your friend was content to merely shed a few tears or pour out his heart. That is the least he could do to express his anguish.
ohsehun. thumbnail
Anniversary 11 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail Networker 3 Thumbnail
HECK yes.
Of course they are. To cry doesn't mean that you'll become automatically weak in doing so.
Everyone has a right to cry. To release whatever it is that had been caged inside.

There are too many societal expectations and too many barriers and ridiculous notions regarding this. What, just because you're a man, you're not allowed to cry? Of course not.
Crying instead of pretending you're all strong on the surface is far braver. It means you're not afraid to let it show. You have all these things stopping you, telling you you have to be 'strong' and you have to conceal it, but you have to ignore it all because you know that's not the truth. You realize that yes, you have gone through something that is too much for you too handle and you can't hide it, - because why should you anyway?- so you cry.

Crying is a small act of defiance, in a way, a nice little f**k you to the world. Because at that point, you're past caring what the world thinks of you when you let loose. You are messed up and you probably look like a banshee/and or crazed person but you don't give a shit.

Sure, crying for no actual bloody reason isn't needed, and frankly it's really irritating. 😳
Randomly crying anywhere for no actual reason is not done. Seriously.

Anwyay, most of the time we cry in the company of people who are close to us or alone, so it's fine then.

But if you have a reason to cry, cry. Let no one stop you, male, female, whatever, if you want to let out your feelings, do it, by all means.

But shut up if you're doing it for the sake of being an idiot. ðŸ˜³
Edited by ..Labyrinth.. - 10 years ago
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8

Originally posted by: zorrro

His car getting scratched is NOT a trivial incident by any means 😲 At least not in my city. Here people could get shot for committing this unforgivable monstrous atrocity  Your friend was content to merely shed a few tears or pour out his heart. That is the least he could do to express his anguish.

Oh, yes, it is a trivial matter. No idea how things work in your city, but clearly no one gets shot for scratching someone's car in my city. There are laws to address such issues. Therefore, your argument is invalid in support of his distress due to a mere scuff mark. By stating that people get shot due to mishaps on the road, you are, in essence, implying that

A. People in your city lack discipline and act like hooligans without sparing a moment; and
B. It's OK to cry over trivial matters, when more important issues are pending to be addressed.

Again, there are laws. It would only make sense for him to walk up to the nearest service station / garage and have the error fixed.
Qirat. thumbnail
Anniversary 14 Thumbnail Group Promotion 2 Thumbnail

Originally posted by: Vinzy

Crying doesn't indicate that you're weak or weak character. Since birth, it has been a sign that you're alive...,,sometimes it is a sign of strong onions...But you know,I haven't been able to stop crying since that stranger on the internet said that they didn't like me...😭

I agree with the bold... 

Man are definitely allowed to cry. They are human beings not robots. Of course you should't be crying like girls, girls cry when they are happy.. sometimes they also cry when they watch a sad movie..
Edited by .chiquita. - 10 years ago
akash08 thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 4 Thumbnail
No you do not cry in public.
Given a problem as a man you are supposed to retire in your cage, do whatever you want to in your cage  and then come out of it solving or killing the issue. Emotional support is not the requirement of a man, men need solution and not sympathy.
kavyasam thumbnail
Men can and do cry.  I have seen my dad and many other male relatives having tears over a happy/sad occasion or over a hurtful situation.  But the duration is significantly less.  In general men swallow the emotions of hurt mainly because that is what is expected and is the norm, that is what I have observed.

Few months back my kid took part in a 'write a letter to the author stating how the writing inspired you'  competition.  They are supposed to write how the writing inspired/influenced them, without making it look like a fan letter.  The winning letter would then be published and displayed in the library of congress.  When I visited the page I found this winning letter written by a high school boy about what it is to be a man.  

the poem that influenced him http://www.poetryfoundation.org/poem/175772.

Oh, yes, it is a trivial matter. No idea how things work in your city, but clearly no one gets shot for scratching someone's car in my city. There are laws to address such issues. Therefore, your argument is invalid in support of his distress due to a mere scuff mark. By stating that people get shot due to mishaps on the road, you are, in essence, implying that

A. People in your city lack discipline and act like hooligans without sparing a moment; and
B. It's OK to cry over trivial matters, when more important issues are pending to be addressed.

Again, there are laws. It would only make sense for him to walk up to the nearest service station / garage and have the error fixed.

You seem to have completely missed the point I was trying to make. Many guys are too attached to their vehicles be it a bike or a car. It borders on obsession at times. It can supercede their attachment to another human being. So any scratch or   disfigurement of the object of affection would be a distressing event for that person and hence the outburst. What is trivial and what is important is subjective. If it is OK for a girl to cry over a chipped nail it should be OK for a guy to cry over a scratched car. Then there would be people who would see crying over spilt milk as totally useless 😛
Mr.Chief thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
Yeah why not? We have emotions too.