Are men allowed to cry? - Page 5

Created

Last reply

Replies

Views

Users

Frequent Posters

Posted: 10 years ago
Can you actually allow or disallow someone from crying?
Schindler thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 3 Thumbnail Engager 1 Thumbnail
Crying when done by either gender is equally a turn off. Not especially emasculate for men but at a point you have to get your shit together. and look for realistic solutions to your problems.
DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Anniversary 12 Thumbnail Engager 4 Thumbnail + 8
Originally posted by: Schindler

Crying when done by either gender is equally a turn off. Not especially emasculate for men but at a point you have to get your shit together. and look for realistic solutions to your problems.

There's something strikingly curious about your reply. We wanna hear your story. 😃
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail
Men have testosterone for a reason. Testosterone that gives them physical strength and not curves.. :) If nature bestowed them with physical strength - it also gave them mental strength. Crying is a weak emotion signifying lack of strength, resilience etc.. Which is why men don't cry. These days sensitive men are in fashion one who also strut and kind of show their curves.. lol.. yeah many men would think crying is in fashion but the fact of the matter is men don't know how to cry and they have that circuit missing in their brain..
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3
Originally posted by: qwertyesque

Men have testosterone for a reason. Testosterone that gives them physical strength and not curves.. :) If nature bestowed them with physical strength - it also gave them mental strength. Crying is a weak emotion signifying lack of strength, resilience etc.. Which is why men don't cry. These days sensitive men are in fashion one who also strut and kind of show their curves.. lol.. yeah many men would think crying is in fashion but the fact of the matter is men don't know how to cry and they have that circuit missing in their brain..

I think this is a very important answer that needs to be apperciated. In one post you have touched on role of endocrine, musculoskeletal and neurologic systems and how they work together as well as behaviorial aspects of this issue. Add it to it the fact that you have beautifully connected it to human nature as in sensitiveness and human anatomy as in body curves. You finished it off with a brief comment on neurocircuitry of the brain.

Overall your point is that crying is not in genetic makeup of men however environmental factors these days have forced some men to express this behavior.

Thanks for this informative post.

DaddyMarvel thumbnail
Originally posted by: King-Anu

I think this is a very important answer that needs to be apperciated. In one post you have touched on role of endocrine, musculoskeletal and neurologic systems and how they work together as well as behaviorial aspects of this issue. Add it to it the fact that you have beautifully connected it to human nature as in sensitiveness and human anatomy as in body curves. You finished it off with a brief comment on neurocircuitry of the brain.

Overall your point is that crying is not in genetic makeup of men however environmental factors these days have forced some men to express this behavior.

😆😆😆
qwertyesque thumbnail
Anniversary 17 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail

Not genetic makeup but physiological characteristics... ..there is a difference.. btw what environmental factors.. - are you talking about global warming in general? 😆
Forever-KA thumbnail
Anniversary 15 Thumbnail Group Promotion 5 Thumbnail + 3

qwertyesque

physiological characteristics that are common to all men should be a result of genetic makeup of men.

in context of biology, the environmental factors or influence refer to things which are external/acquired and not representing human body i.e physiology, anatomy etc. what i meant was that since crying is not a trait of men (circuitry is missing) therefore if they cry then its because of external influence (for fashion) and not because its originating in their circuits.

anyway was just pulling your leg. lol
Edited by King-Anu - 10 years ago
DaddyMarvel thumbnail

qwertyesque

physiological characteristics that are common to all men should be a result of genetic makeup of men.

in context of biology, the environmental factors or influence refer to things which are external/acquired and not representing human body i.e physiology, anatomy etc. what i meant was that since crying is not a trait of men (circuitry is missing) therefore if they cry then its because of external influence (for fashion) and not because its originating in their circuits.

anyway was just pulling your leg. lol

Trollism mixed with sarcasm! LOVED IT. 😆
thegameison thumbnail
Anniversary 13 Thumbnail Group Promotion 6 Thumbnail + 4
You're a man, you're not allowed to cry. You're a woman, you're not to have sexual desires and if say you have, you shameless creature, mention them to no one. ðŸ˜³ I think we all know that social protocol runs our lives and we all mutually think it sucks. Don't we?

As far as this question is concerned, I'll tell you what. Crying in the middle of a large gathering is really hard. I am not talking about the attention-seeking crying nerds do to get extra time to solve their papers. I am saying, the crying which you really want to mash down. And if you cannot and cry in the company of like, 10 buff guys you hang out with and they're like 'dude, be a man' but you let yourself be for just a minute, it's courageous. Because the social pressure is actually so much, most people will mash the crying down. Crying in public isn't exactly a sign of strength, it gets ludicrous too, seems like you let your damn emotions get the better of you. But ultimately, it also means you are not afraid of what people might think. Which is er, kinda nice.